Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jake

KHUX [SPOILERS] 08-29-16 Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] special episode

After the conclusion of Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]'s story on August 25th, 2016, a special short episode was held. This follows the events of Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]'s ending and marks the end of Kingdom Hearts χ[chi].

You can check out screenshots and a summary below, in the spoilers tab. We will have translations up soon.

Spoiler
The player has flashbacks of Skuld and Ephemer, then it cuts to the player waking up in Enchanted Dominion with Chirithy. In the end, it shows Maleficent apparently mentioning Sora and then it cuts to "RECONNECT: KINGDOM HEARTS".

spe2spe3spe4spe6spe5spe6aspe6abspe8spe7

You can watch a walk through video of the special episode thanks to Everglow, with translations thanks to Catherine Mueller (nichiei.translations@gmail.com):

Click here to view the article

Thanks for the quick update!

That ending was a little anticlimatic even though it is a direct link to KH3.

I hope season  2 in KHUx uncovers more secrets

So do you think this cutscene is of your avatar waking up in the unchained realm, or maybe it's Maleficant inside the book of prophecy, haha unchained better bring some new content soon, they should try conclude unchained chi by the release of 2.8

THIS ALSO MEANS Re:coded IS RELEVANT. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not Re: Coded as a whole though, rather, this particular cutscene. I have a good feeling that Maleficent enters the realm of sleep after trying to kidnap Minnie...

Edited by Guest

So by the Nightmare Chirithy saying in KHx "see you in another dream" apparently means that both KHx and Ux take place in the sleeping realm. So the ancient Keyblade war took place within a dream that the Master of Masters created the world (Nomura says) before disappearing? Then Ux is suppose to be the outside world where possibly the dandelions may have travelled to KH? Then in Ux/KH this takes place in the sleeping realm also but in the present day because Maleficent travelled to the sleeping realm somehow and mentions Sora. Then with it saying Reconnect KH do we have to save these people now stuck in the sleeping realm in Ux? What a puzzle!

I wonder why they didn't just add the reconnect subtitle for KH3

Why indeed.

I'm sure Nomura has some wierd ass logic for it.

So by the Nightmare Chirithy saying in KHx "see you in another dream" apparently means that both KHx and Ux take place in the sleeping realm. So the ancient Keyblade war took place within a dream that the Master of Masters created the world (Nomura says) before disappearing? Then Ux is suppose to be the outside world where possibly the dandelions may have travelled to KH? Then in Ux/KH this takes place in the sleeping realm also but in the present day because Maleficent travelled to the sleeping realm somehow and mentions Sora. Then with it saying Reconnect KH do we have to save these people now stuck in the sleeping realm in Ux? What a puzzle!

Slightly confusing xD But it somewhat makes sense.

If the ancient Keyblade war took place within a dream, how is it that Luxu's Keyblade can be materialised in the real world? Unless he/she/it escaped the realm of dreams. Also keeping with what you said if indeed it was all just a dream then could the master of masters repeated this cycle countless time to achieve an outcome that he never attained? (kinda like the Final Fantasy Type Zero scenario)

It also the begs the question. What on earth was the purpose of the Keyblade War? Obviously any forging of the X-blade was not mentioned and it just felt like pointless fighting.

Edited by catmaster0116

One thing I don't get is why there is no reference to Kingdom Hearts or the X-Blade? Wasn't the Keyblade War fought over the Light of Kingdom Hearts?

Yeah, and we've been collecting that light (lux) the whole time. 

Leave it to Kingdom Hearts to create more questions than answers.

All will be answered in KH3. And if not then, then in various interviews afterward.

Can't wait for the translation. 

So basically the player dreamed about the chi event and unchained would continue the true story from the enchanted forest.  I wonder if the player character would do anything to alter the future now considering the player already have hints that they will not survive past the keyblade war.

Finally saw the English translation. Here are my thoughts:

1. When "Reconnect Kingdom Hearts" popped up, I literally screamed, "Of course it's Reconnect!" xD
  2. So is it Ephemera or Ephemer? Why is it suddenly Ephemer?
  3. So... according to Chirithy, the Player accepted going with the Dandelions after talking with Skuld and from my understanding, never took part in the Keyblade War. So, either Chirithy is lying for whatever reason (though I doubt he would) or the rest from that story was a dream. Wierd, but quite interesting. I'll have to take time to think about the situation.
  4. When Maleficent said, "Besides just that, where in the world did he go off to again?", I think she might be referring to Pete.
  5. "Sora can't meddle in this world." So Maleficent knows Sora at this point, i.e. this isn't some Maleficent from Birth By Sleep or even before that.
  6. "Because nothing can get through right?" So Sora can't enter the Unchained Realm? I'm assuming it's the Unchained Realm.

Final thoughts:

I'm confused, but I'm not complaining. I adore the Kingdom Hearts series for keeping things like this to explain later one. Soon, a discussion/s will start with this and we can possibly theorise or guess things.

all i need to ask is.......what about the x-blade? I mean, wasnt that a big part of the keyblade war according to xehanort?

Considering the Player was unconscious for who-knows-how-long in the Keyblade Graveyard, we simply didn't see it. My guess is that we'll most likely see it in Back Cover, since it will be from the perspectives of the Foretellers.

Finally saw the English translation. Here are my thoughts:

1. So... according to Chirithy, the Player accepted going with the Dandelions after talking with Skuld and from my understanding, never took part in the Keyblade War. So, either Chirithy is lying for whatever reason (though I doubt he would) or the rest from that story was a dream. Wierd, but quite interesting. I'll have to take time to think about the situation.

Pretty sure he says he passed on the offer to join the Dandelions. 

What if that's Dark Chirithy though? He did say he will meet the Player in another dream.

Pretty sure he says he passed on the offer to join the Dandelions. 

What if that's Dark Chirithy though? He did say he will meet the Player in another dream.

What I mean is that Chirithy makes it sound like that he accepted joining the Dandelions but immediately went into the Unchained Realm after that and not going to the Keyblade War. At least, that's what I'm getting from this scene.

It might be Dark Chirithy. He might have disguised himself, since he did it (probably) when he gave us the bangle to collect sins and therefore, darkness. If not, we'll probably see him again since he said that he'll meet the Player in another dream.

Not Re: Coded as a whole though, rather, this particular cutscene. I have a good feeling that Maleficent enters the realm of sleep after trying to kidnap Minnie...

So I had never actually seen this cutscene before because I never watched the re:coded cutscene movie, but it seems like in the KH universe, books are extremely powerful. Obviously there's the Booi of Prophecies and she links it to Jiminy's Journal. Both books are capable of creating worlds from what Pete says and basically the whole of re:coded were all worlds created from the journal. There's also the Hundred Acre Wood. A world inside a book.

Idk much about the story in Chi so correct me if I'm wrong, but it takes place in the book of Prophecies right? So the Unchained realm is in the Book of Prophecies too and maybe is the realm between real life, where Sora and co are and then the world we traversed In Chi.

Assuming the Book of Prophecies told people about Xehanort's future rising, could someone, I guess Ephemer be accessing the Universe in Chi to make people, the Dandelions, go into the Unchained so they can be summoned in the final battle against Xehanort. They're essentially sleeping in this world so they can help Sora fight in the end.

So is it Ephemera or Ephemer? Why is it suddenly Ephemer?

Ephemer is the official translation for his name. He's Ephemera in Japan and Ephemer in America. They probably dropped the "a" becuse it's typically associated with female names in English and Ephemer is a boy. They probably wanted to make it clear since it's hard to tell in chi.

Ephemer is the official translation for his name. He's Ephemera in Japan and Ephemer in America. They probably dropped the "a" becuse it's typically associated with female names in English and Ephemer is a boy. They probably wanted to make it clear since it's hard to tell in chi.

Kind of ironic considering the name of our main character. xD

Idk much about the story in Chi so correct me if I'm wrong, but it takes place in the book of Prophecies right? So the Unchained realm is in the Book of Prophecies too and maybe is the realm between real life, where Sora and co are and then the world we traversed In Chi.

Assuming the Book of Prophecies told people about Xehanort's future rising, could someone, I guess Ephemer be accessing the Universe in Chi to make people, the Dandelions, go into the Unchained so they can be summoned in the final battle against Xehanort. They're essentially sleeping in this world so they can help Sora fight in the end.

No, the events of Chi do not take place within the Book of Prophecies. If you want to know about the Book of Prophecies, check the spoiler box:

The Book of Prophecies was written by the Master of Masters, who is/was able to see the future. The book also has the ability to create powers (the medals from Unchained Chi and the cards from Chi) and even worlds, both of which being from the future and that have yet to exist, hence why we see the Disney worlds.

You know is it bad that I think

the plot twist of Luxu taking Xehanort's spotlight and The Player Skuld and Eupimora showing up for the final conflict is becoming more and more likely?

Seriously if were gonna be bringing back all the trio's might as well bring this one (HowtheywillpicktheplayersavatarIhavenoclue)

On that note Unchained X Season 2 really needs to get here because that's where we get into the gritty obvious connections now.

Edited by TheKeyofRose

Kind of ironic considering the name of our main character. xD

No, the events of Chi do not take place within the Book of Prophecies. If you want to know about the Book of Prophecies, check the spoiler box:

The Book of Prophecies was written by the Master of Masters, who is/was able to see the future. The book also has the ability to create powers (the medals from Unchained Chi and the cards from Chi) and even worlds, both of which being from the future and that have yet to exist, hence why we see the Disney worlds.

Yeah, but Sora at least looks and sounds like a boy. For a long time Ephemer didn't have a voice and the avatars are pretty I'll defined when it comes to whether they're male or female.