Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Robbie the Wise

KH13 Pokemon Tournament Thread

10 members have voted

1. 1. Tournament Format

• Single Bracket Elimination
    • Each competitors does a complete circuit with the other remaining competitors. Top 4 W/L records go to the semi finals.

if i were to be completely honest, this doesn't even feel like a tournament anymore. it's starting to feel like a battling league, similar to what a few youtubers do. it's dragged on a bit too long

Nothing we can do about that, it's just too hard with timezone issues.

we CAN do something about it, we stop calling it a tournament. it's not the people involved, it's the situation. A tournament somewhat implies competition for glory, when all we are really doing (or at least should be) is battling for fun.

we CAN do something about it, we stop calling it a tournament. it's not the people involved, it's the situation. A tournament somewhat implies competition for glory, when all we are really doing (or at least should be) is battling for fun.

Well we still have the group matches, once we finished them the "real" tournament will start. And of course we battle also for fun.

Well man, I'm doing this for fun, if you're not I don't see why you're still here xD Anyways, I'm guessing you enjoy playing too, but the point is that Robbie has kept track of our wins and loses, so there still is something that decides if we're at the top or not.

like a battling league. 

That's what I would call it tbh, but as far as I'm aware a league is a type of tournament, just without an elimination phase. In fact, I think we spoke about this some time ago, we wanted it to be more like a league so everyone had the chance to play for the same amount of time.

That's what I would call it tbh, but as far as I'm aware a league is a type of tournament, just without an elimination phase. In fact, I think we spoke about this some time ago, we wanted it to be more like a league so everyone had the chance to play for the same amount of time.

no a league has an elimination phase, same as this tournament. after a certain point only the best records move forward. the major difference is that tournaments don't allow changes to teams or setups

no a league has an elimination phase, same as this tournament. after a certain point only the best records move forward. the major difference is that tournaments don't allow changes to teams or setups

Look, I'm sorry to say that I follow Football/Soccer, and that is organized by leagues, such as the Premier League, and there's no elimination phase there :P

If you're talking about proper pokémon tournaments/leagues/whatever, I'll give you this one since I have no clue about how those work XDD

Look, I'm sorry to say that I follow Football/Soccer, and that is organized by leagues, such as the Premier League, and there's no elimination phase there :P

If you're talking about proper pokémon tournaments/leagues/whatever, I'll give you this one since I have no clue about how those work XDD

pokemon leagues. why would i be talking about sports?

Does it really matter the semantics? This was discussed and agreed upon from the very beginning. Hell, I wanted a straight tournament from the beginning, but everyone agreed this was most convenient because of so many different timezones. I don't see what the point of complaining now.

What Robbie said. It's done and dusted and yes, it's gonna be long, but we're still just having fun. The real competition will be the final 4.

Also, I may not be very good at playing pokemon, but I have a fair bit of experience with the official structure of it.

The Pokemon leagues are local shops and clubs meeting up every week or so and battling, with a style similar to what we're doing I think. Then you have Premier challenges - these are relatively new, and I've never been to one - which are the "lowest' kind of tournament, attendance in these are pretty small, and they have the same structure as all regional, national and the world Championships.

We were never gonna be able to best of three Swiss rounds and then have a top cut. Robbie didn't even suggest that I think. We're not even playing vgc doubles.

So, either way, it would never have been a 'real' tournament