Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
soraspromise

[UPDATED] Kingdom Hearts III listing removed from Xbox's Japanese website

UPDATE: The Kingdom Hearts III listing on the Xbox Japanese store is back online.

The Xbox One listing for Kingdom Hearts III has recently been removed from Xbox Japan's website. When attempting to view the link, an error message appears stating that the URL may be incorrect or that the page has moved to a different location.

Despite this, Xbox One is still listed on the official Japanese Kingdom Hearts III webpage and is still up for pre-order on the North American Microsoft Store.

We will keep you updated on any further news regarding this information as we receive it.

What do you think this means for Kingdom Hearts III in Japan? Let us know in the comments.

Click here to view the article

I wouldn't be surprised if this means that they will be canceling the XBox One version release in Japan, they've never been the biggest fan of Microsoft. I mean, American originated video game company and whatnot.

But this could just be a weird misunderstanding, it's just easier to assume worst case scenario sometimes.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the Xbox version altogether. Square didn't even find it profitable enough to port a remaster of s 3DS game on the system along with the PS4 version.

Pretty sure that Square Enix haven't even started the porting process for PS4 and Xbox One anyway so getting rid of its Xbox release isn't a risk for them.

I'd die laughing if the latest trailer replaces the Xbox One logo with the Nintendo NX logo instead.

It's a sound business decision, for Japan at least. It's just not financially worth it to create a port for XB1 when the ps4 is far and away the most popular console in Japan. But if this ripples on into Europe and America then there might be a problem, because even if you just extrapolate the number of users on this site who've said they want the XB1 version that's still a decent amount.

Of course it might just be a glitch

Not wanting the game on Xbox because you hate it is a very elitist mentality. Go look at the comment section of TheGamersJoint's video on this, people are being very unfair on Xbox players to be honest.

Anyway I'm not surprised since XBone doesn't sell that well in Japan. But for the rest of the world I think that Xbox players should be able to enjoy KH3 just like everyone else.

Square Enix as a company have moved to Microsoft platforms with the FF13 trilogy, XV, FF14 and also Windows PC. Nearly every FF game is on Windows PC currently.

Hitman is also on Xbox as well as Just Cause, Tomb Raider is also on Xbox and PC only. Oh and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Star Ocean The Last Hope was also on Xbox 360.

They probably removed it but will put it back for the Xbox Scorpio once that console releases. The XB1 might not be powerful enough to handle KH3 

Umm no it was just removed from the Japanese website, it's probably in the same boat as Metal Gear Rising Revengance, there will be no Xbox One JPN Version.

The Xbox One can very much handle Kingdom Hearts 3, not as well as the PS4, but it can still run the damn game.

Pretty sure that Square Enix haven't even started the porting process for PS4 and Xbox One anyway so getting rid of its Xbox release isn't a risk for them.

I'd die laughing if the latest trailer replaces the Xbox One logo with the Nintendo NX logo instead.

Again it's only the Japanese website, there have been more than one occasion where a game has been a PlayStation exclusive in one region and a multiplatform in others.  SE isn't going to not port KH3 to the Xbox One this late in the game, it would look incredibly bad on the company as a whole, and Disney wouldn't allow it. the NX and possibly PC could get a port though, but that would be after the Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 versions were finished.

They probably removed it but will put it back for the Xbox Scorpio once that console releases. The XB1 might not be powerful enough to handle KH3

I highly doubt the Xbox One isn't powerful enough to run KH, the characters are far lower ploy than FFXV and aren't using any new techniques that weren't there in other UE4 games. Sure the particle effects look fantastic, but I highly doubt that, based off of the last trailer, we're gonna see any groundbreaking graphical increase in KH besides physically based rendering and other techniques that other games this gen have seen already.

I would not be suprised if they step back in releasing the game for X1. After all, all the other titles are Sony's exclusives (Remakes and Remasters) and I can't see this changing anytime soon.

I would not be suprised if they step back in releasing the game for X1. After all, all the other titles are Sony's exclusives (Remakes and Remasters) and I can't see this changing anytime soon.

Again it's only the Japanese site, this happened before eg. Metal Gear Rising the xbox sells like crap in japan

My view:

It's probably just the site, or it will only be for Japan that the Xbox One ver isn't available

In the rare case they do cancel, it's not really that ''wise'' because it means they earn less and the xbox is a way to get new fans in the series. It's not that hard to make it compatible for both either because they have similar hardware. I do have mixed feeling about it, though. I think it makes sense because the remixes are on PS3. However, I play both consoles and for me personally, it would add even more replayability trying to get both trophies and achievements for it. I wouldn't be disappointed though.

I would be very happy if Kingdom Hearts main series stays exclusive to Playstation.

It will make sense since 2.8 is PS4 exclusive anyway.

If your are happy about that I question if you are a KH fan seriously, and not some PlayStation fanboy, you are not being hurt, neither is the game being hurt when being allowed to be played on other people's hardware. In fact you should be rallying for more Kingdom Hearts game to be multi-platform, on more platforms if anything.

If your are happy about that I question if you are a KH fan seriously, and not some PlayStation fanboy, you are not being hurt, neither is the game being hurt when being allowed to be played on other people's hardware. In fact you should be rallying for more Kingdom Hearts game to be multi-platform, on more platforms if anything.

Both but I follow the Nintendo consoles.

Although I can't stand to play KH3 on Xbox1.

My view:

It's probably just the site, or it will only be for Japan that the Xbox One ver isn't available

In the rare case they do cancel, it's not really that ''wise'' because it means they earn less and the xbox is a way to get new fans in the series. It's not that hard to make it compatible for both either because they have similar hardware. I do have mixed feeling about it, though. I think it makes sense because the remixes are on PS3. However, I play both consoles and for me personally, it would add even more replayability trying to get both trophies and achievements for it. I wouldn't be disappointed though.

It's  probably the same issue as Metal Gear Rising Revengance 

https://www.primagames.com/games/metal-gear-rising-revengeance/news/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-will-be-ps3-exclusiv

It's due to the fact the Xbox One has TERRIBAD SALES IN JAPAN. so it's not worth the money making a JPN version  of KH3 for the Xbox One, because only maybe only a measly 30 people might buy it, so they would have to either jack up the price to astronomically levels to make the difference, but then it won't sell period. So all they do is simply not make a JPN Version and just a ENGLISH, France and whatever else.

Both but I follow the Nintendo consoles.

Although I can't stand to play KH3 on Xbox1.

If you can't stand KH3 on Xbox 1, then that's your problem, a problem that you shouldn't be having PERIOD, I to follow the Nintendo consoles, but I don't have a problem with KH3 being on Xbox One, because there is no reason for me to do so, because it's also on your PlayStation 4, so all you have to do is simply play it on the PS4, and let any KH fan who is not a fan of the PS Exclusive titles, but instead if a fan of Halo while it's still exclusive to the Xbox, or maybe wants the more powerful XBox One Scorpio instead of spending 800 bucks on hardware, they just need to spend 400-499, and 60 to play KH there you both can enjoy KH.

This is the same mindset I can't stand from the Xbox fanboys that have this xenophobic nature when their games are ported to PC/Win 10

Edited by Casper Formadi