Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Anti%20Black%20Coat%20Identity_zps9rn9di

Every Spirit has a Doppelganger Nightmare counterpart, why would Riku be the exception to this rule? Replica Riku is Sora's nightmare. it makes even more sense considering Sora's concern of Riku being consumed by the darkness again and his negative experiences with Riku.

Plus, Ansem-Riku is a Xehanort when you really think about it... even Vexen's Doppelganger. Riku Replica is literally a replica of Riku when he was Ansem-Riku. Xehanort could have recruited him as a Seeker of Darkness so that Riku Replica develops his identity beyond a "pathetic imitation".

Have you seen the weapons that antiblack-coat wields in combat?

Replica Riku doesn't wield a Keyblade. Look closely, there's no Keychain. In order for Riku Replica to differentiate himself from the standard Riku, it wouldn't be out of the question to have an altered combat style.

Besdies, if Marluxia has been made semi-relevant with his nobodies in the Kingdom of Coronia then I have a good feeling that Riku Replica will be relevant too in some capacity... and making him a Nightmare for Sora makes perfect sense for him in the Dream World.

I think what catmaster meant was that ABC uses some... darkness/energy blade or something, and not Soul Eater. ABC uses other dark attacks, but iirc they aren't similar to anything Repliku uses.

Also, looking at your picture, ABC's feet look smaller than Repliku's, but it's probably not the most accurate model comparison lol

ABC not being Repliku doesn't entirely rule out Repliku's return, though, seeing how far down the rabbit hole we've gone at this point xP

Duuude, this would be a perfect way to incorporate Repliku into Kingdom Hearts III, and I've always believed that Repliku would end up being a Seeker Of Darknes, for the same reason you said!  Repliku wanted to be his own person, not an imitation, so Xehanort probably exploited that weakness, ya know? :)

But wow, I never thought about the possibility of Anti-Black Coat being a Nightmare version of Riku!  Color me impressed! :O

I think what catmaster meant was that ABC uses some... darkness/energy blade or something, and not Soul Eater. ABC uses other dark attacks, but iirc they aren't similar to anything Repliku uses.

Also, looking at your picture, ABC's feet look smaller than Repliku's, but it's probably not the most accurate model comparison lol

ABC not being Repliku doesn't entirely rule out Repliku's return, though, seeing how far down the rabbit hole we've gone at this point xP

Riku Replica has been manipulated and melded by Vexen and Namine for evil intents. So it's not out of the question for Riku Replica to have a new weapon and combat style to further differentiate him from the regular Riku. And remember, every spirit has had a nightmare doppelganger... why would Riku be the exception?

Duuude, this would be a perfect way to incorporate Repliku into Kingdom Hearts III, and I've always believed that Repliku would end up being a Seeker Of Darknes, for the same reason you said!  Repliku wanted to be his own person, not an imitation, so Xehanort probably exploited that weakness, ya know? :)

But wow, I never thought about the possibility of Anti-Black Coat being a Nightmare version of Riku!  Color me impressed! :O

Cheers man. Couldn't put it better myself, that's what Xehanort does, he exploits weaknesses for his own personal gain. Plus, you also have to consider the functions of a Nightmare in the Kingdom Hearts series. Let’s understand what a Nightmares function is as a Dream Eater. A Nightmare eats good dreams and plant bad ones. One of Sora’s concerns throughout the series was Riku falling to the Darkness and losing him as a friend. That fear of Sora could have been amplified in the Realm of Sleep to the point where Riku Replica was able to function as the Nightmare counterpart to the original Riku (as he’s Sora’s spirit).

Cheers man. Couldn't put it better myself, that's what Xehanort does, he exploits weaknesses for his own personal gain. Plus, you also have to consider the functions of a Nightmare in the Kingdom Hearts series. Let’s understand what a Nightmares function is as a Dream Eater. A Nightmare eats good dreams and plant bad ones. One of Sora’s concerns throughout the series was Riku falling to the Darkness and losing him as a friend. That fear of Sora could have been amplified in the Realm of Sleep to the point where Riku Replica was able to function as the Nightmare counterpart to the original Riku (as he’s Sora’s spirit).

Oh wow, this sounds like a perfectly plausible explanation for the Anti-Black Coat, and I love it!  Imagine if this turns out to be true!?  This would definitely be awesome! X_X