Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Stardustblade358

Cold hands, Warm hearts (V:LD 1x1 w/ Aqua7KH)

"Just not hungry." Keith uttered, taking his plate as he threw out the rest of his food. Keith... Oh Keith. He was a challenge. He was known to bring the most patient parents to insanity. The fact that he was stubborn as a mule didn't help either. Keith was always one to push limits- on himself and others. Constantly going back and forth from adoption to the orphanage didn't help either. When Shiro first adopted him, Keith didn't expect to last a month- week since meeting Lance. Luckily he was never brought back, but sometimes he felt someday he would be sleeping in the rooms of the orphanage again.

He did bother to rinse off his dish and as he was going to sit with his brothers Keith said he had no homework- which probably meant he 'forgot' it or he was going to do it sometime over the weekend anyway. Usually that meant during class before the class that had the homework due.

Katie stared hard at the ground as she played with her lion, glancing up at Shiro at the question. She seemed to be upset at this, especially since she did not wand go separate from Shiro. With a small sign, she wrapped her arms around Shiro's leg.

"If you're my daddy... Why don't I look like you...?" She silently asked. Katie seemed to be the one to be asking the tough questions when she's older. For six years old, she seemed to be very thoughtful, although there were many things she didn't understand or process- like the idea of adoption. "I don't look like... /them/."

Shiro sighed softly. Parenthood was never easy. Nope. Especially when the children were...difficult in ways. Lance was a child that though lazy enough to not want to get up in the morning, could barely stay still for too long without doing something he would find interesting. He learned more by hands on that he did than by reading, so to get him to study was a task. Keith was very stubnorn, and he was very strong willed and very headstrong, which causes him to be given up by many who tried to tame him down. Yes, there had been times where Keith had pushed Shiro's buttons here and there...but Shiro was not going to abandon him. He wouldn't give up on Keith nor on any of them. Shiro looked down at Katie, surprised that such a young kid could be asking such difficult questions of life. But it didn't deter him. Shiro gently picked up Katie in his arms, sitting her on his lap.

"Well," Shiro began. "There are many types of families. Families by blood have family members that look similar to each other, and are most common. However, we're not a family by blood." He was careful on his words, on how to explain it. "We are a family through feelings. Even though we are different from each other, and we don't look alike, we care for each other very much, and so are one big family made up of those who don't have a family by blood of their own." Shiro rubbed her head once more, running his fingers through her hair gently. "As long as there's love, and you care for one another, a family can exist, even if we look ever so different from one another." Shiro hoped the answer didn't sound too poetic, and was understandable. From the sofa Lance and Hunk sat, Lance glancing back and forth from their father to Keith, then to Katie.

"You jelly, Keith?" Lance whispered with a sly smirk.

Katie listened, resting her head on Shiro's chest. She seemed stoic- it was impossible to read her.

"Oh." Was all she simply said, remaining in silence for a few moments as she just rested on her father's lap. She did understand bits and pieces, but there was other pieces she didn't. As a child, life just felt surreal in general.

"Does that mean you're not my really real daddy? Why aren't you my blood daddy..."

Keith looked over to Katie and Shiro here and there, but stopped once Lance opened his big mouth.

"Jealous over what?" He asked, crossing his arms with a huff. "I don't get jealous over anything."

Shiro paused. Oh boy. Part of him was surprised that she did not remember. She was there, the only survivor of the horrid accident. She was at the funeral as well, accompanied by Coran. But he also understood that her young age meant that maybe those memories didn't make much sense. They didn't stuck. They didn't comprehend.

"I'm your daddy, just not your blood daddy. Your blood daddy..." Shiro bit his bottom lip gently in thought. "Something happened to him which took him away from this world, making him unable to be with you anymore. To make sure that you weren't alone, I brought you here with us, and I became your dad." Shiro explained. How does one explain death to a child? The easiest way was saying that they went to a very special place up and above where they got to play all they wanted. Katie would understand the truth of it. Eventually. Lance was about to speak up to Keith once more, but was brought his attention back as the Tv began to blast the Voltron opening, the animated sequence playing out. Lance and Hunk cheered, raising their hands in the air and raising their lions with them. Shiro smiled gently at his boys and looked back at Katie, kissing her head. "I know it's...confusing. But I promise you that you will understand when you are a bit older." Shiro assured. He paused for a moment. "Hold on, I think I have something." Shiro said, gently setting Katie on the ground. He stood up and walked over to one of the shelves. He hummed before picking out what looked to be an album. He flipped it open, smiling as he found the page. "Here we go." Shiro said as he set the album back on the table, picking up Katie and setting her in his lap again. "Look. This is him. This is your blood dad." Shiro said as he pointed at a picture. It was a normal picture of Mr.Holt in the Garrison uniform, taken in one of those days when Shiro and Matt would have the day off and simply wonder around.

Katie stood in silence, listening to Shiro's worlds although she didn't quite understand them too well. So many things didn't make quite sense and she struggled to find a meaning in them. She did hear the term 'you'll find out when you're older' a few times, but why did she have to wait? Why couldn't she understand it there and now? As she was pondering this, the loud chimes of music played for the cartoon her brothers were excited for was on.

She glanced down at the picture, somewhat processing the fact that that was her father. She didn't really want to understand; she wanted Shiro to be her father. Her really real father. The thought of having a different one was scary.

Her eyes sparkled as she looked at the colors on the TV. She looked over to Shiro, pointing to it.

"Lion..." She uttered, holding up her green lion for him to see.

Shiro smiled. Yes, TV would do good. He closed the album, picking up Katie in his arms before moving over to the sofa. He sat down next to Keith in the free space, sitting Katie on his lap again. "What did I miss?" Shiro whispered, smiling as he glanced up at the TV.

"The Paladins are about to infiltrate a Garla Outpost in order to release some prisoners and gain some important information on prince Lotor and king Zarkon!" Lance said excitedly, his eyes gleaming as they were glued to the TV. He simply LOVED this show. More than he loved homework. Though school was fun, homework was not. Shiro would always counter that the Paladins would totally do their homework. Maybe. Shiro smiled and watched over at the show, glancing at the clock and the back at the TV. It was still early. Besides, it was Friday.

"Do you like it, Pidge? Isn't it exciting? Look, there's the Green Paladin." Shiro cooed, watching as the Green Paladin began to sneak around the enemy ship.

Katie couldn't help but smile, holding her Green Lion close to her as she watched the Green Paladin on the screen fight. She never saw such a cartoon before and watching it with someone was nice. Katie snuggled herself on Shiro's warm lap, curling up into a small ball in his arms comfortably. Maybe Shiro was her really real daddy, even if they didn't share the same blood.

Keith watched the cartoon, a wide grin on his face everytime the Red Paladin came on. He was always so proud of the Paladin, especially with how strong he was.

"See Lance?" Keith asked. "Red is way better than Blue."

Lance puffed his cheeks at Keith. "The Blue is better." He hissed. He turned to watch the show again, showing the Red and Blue paladin working together to accomplish their part of the mission. Though different they always complemented each other and were strong each in their own way, much like the two of them themselves. Hunk was content on his own accord, watching as the Yellow Paladin destroyed smaller ships with ease by body slamming its lion down against them. The Green Paladin was the smartest and most technological out of all of them, always using gadgets they've created and outsmarting the enemy. The show showed the Black Paladin call upon his teammates as the enemy ship had arrived with its laser canon, the four of them calling out to form Voltron.

"FORM VOLTRON!" Lance and Hunk yelled along in the cheer, raising their toy lions into the air. The show demonstrated as they formed Voltron, and with the Red Paladin's Voltron sword, they slashed the enemy ship in half, saving the day and taking over the outpost as the remaining enemies surrendered. The show ended with the ionic themesong, which Lance was more than happy to sing along.

"That was an awesome episode." Shiro admitted. "But now my all powerful paladins need to bathe and face the Garla homework!" Shiro cooed, wrapping his arm around his three boys and brought them closer to land kisses on their heads, using his other arm to hold Katie and keep her from falling over.

Keith cheered along eagerly, although not too much. He found screaming along with Lance to be quite embarrassing. The episode continued along great and as always, the Paladins saved the day.

"They always use Red's sword." Keith mused, a rare grin on his face. "That is the best weapon after all." Keith puffed up his cheeks when Shiro went to give him kisses. Keith wasn't a sappy person, honestly. He utterly hated it when Shiro gave him a kiss goodbye before he went off to school.

"Do we have to..." Keith uttered.

Katie smiled as she watched the show, very curious to know what'll happen next. Everytime the Green Paladin came on, Katie would watch excitedly.

Then they formed Voltron. Katie never seen such an incredible entity in her entire life. The Green Paladin was an arm, a rather valuable asset to the team. She giggled when Voltron saved the day yet again.

When Shiro held her, Katie couldn't help but squirm as she was squished along with her brothers. She whined, trying to escape.

Lance and Hunk were more than happy to receive the kisses from Shiro. Especially Lance, who craved lots of attention easily to keep himself from feeling lonely. Shiro let go of Katie, slowly getting her on the floor so she could do what she wanted.

"What Keith said," Lance said, getting his hands together as he looked up at Shiro with pleading, sparkling eyes. "Pleeeeeaaaasseeee? It's Friday~" Lance asked. Shiro hummed as he smiled at his boys. Well...it was Friday.

"Very well. I guess homework can be done on the weekend. But." Shiro said. "You will have to take a bath before you go to sleep. Understood?"

"Sir yes sir!" Lance and Hunk cheered in union. Shiro nodded, standing up.

"Alright. No loud noises or music after eleven, too." Shiro added. "Speaking of bathing, I'm going to go ahead and take one myself." Shiro looked down at Katie, gently rubbing her head. "I won't be gone long, alright? Boys. Watch over your sister." With that, he walked away to his bedroom, the only bedroom with a bathroom in it as it was standard, to take a bath after a long day. A few minutes wouldn't do bad. How much trouble could a bunch of kids do in a few minutes?

"Alright!" Lance jumped onto his feet. "What should we do?!"

"Let's watch a movie!" Hunk suggested. Lance hummed, then a wicked grin showed up on his face.

"I have a better idea!" With that, Lance ran off, disappearing for a few seconds before reappearing with a plastic bag. Lance flipped it over and from the inside of the bag, a few nerf guns fell down to the ground along with the foam amo. "Nerf battle!" Energy was still left inside Lance. The same energy that had tired his first adoptive parents. God help Shiro and Keith.

Katie frowned at Shiro's announcement. She didn't want to be left alone with her 'brothers.'

She reached her tiny hands out towards Shiro as she left, eyes welling up with tiny tears as he escaped to the bathroom. Once he was gone, Katie sighed softly and went to fumble with her Green Lion once more, retreating to a corner of the room where she sat.

Keith groaned as Shiro made the announcement that they had to take baths before going to sleep. He had to make sure to take a bath first. If he didn't, Lance would be in the bath all night.

Lance came with a bag of Nerf guns. Keith looked at Lance, eyes wide with narrowed eyes. Was this kid serious?

"...Sit down." Keith uttered, grabbing a few foam bullets and throwing it at Lance. "You're crazy if you think I'm going to have Nerf battle with you." Keith had to admit though, he loved the idea of being able to shoot Lance in the face with a Nerf gun. "Let's just watch a movie or something like Hunk said." He glanced over to Katie in silence for a moment. The girl was in the corner again. Keith didn't know if they should just play with her in the background by herself.

Lance would say it once, and he would say it again until the very end of time; Keith was the most boring kid ever! Too serious, much rule following. "Come on! Why are you so boring, Keith?" Lance whined, picking up one of the nerf guns and beginning to load it up with the foam ammo. "You're with me, right Hunk?"

Hunk paused, as he was already by the tv's cupboard, looking through the movies that they had. "...I really want to watch a movie, Lance." Hunk said cheerfully as he showed him 'The Lion King' movie DVD. Lance gasped dramatically, getting a hand on his chest.

"I feel absolutely betrayed!" Lance said, scoffing a bit. "You two are my bros!" With that, Lance picked up another nerf gun and walked over to where Pidge was sitting by. "I guess I will have to have fun with my little sister!" Lance said as he stuck out his tongue. Lance was an energetic child. Very energetic. He sat down by Katie, a smile on his face still. "Hey, Katie. How about it? We could form a team and beat Keith and Hunk!" Lance suggested as he settled one of the guns in front of Katie. "Come on, it's easy to use too! You just press the handle and you shoot!" Lance said as he shot one against the nearby wall, which simply smacked against it softly before falling down. "See? Come on, give it a try! If we can't fight against Keith and Hunk, we can wait for dad to show up and we can shoot at him!" Lance giggled. Hunk watched in amusement, deciding to hand over Keith the 'The Lion King' DVD to see if he wanted to see that one.

---

Nerf Guns!

nerf-gun-5.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&stri

88835c0bf5dbcec22578d27abc985a65db3dac1d81nR1518g9L._SL1500_.jpg

Keith slammed his hands in his hair, almost ripping chunks out. Lance was going to make him go utterly insane. He really thought Lance had some kind of problem. He really did.

"No one wants to play with the Nerf guns, Lance!" Keith growled, glaring at the brother. "If you shoot that thing at me, I will shove that thing so far- Lance, leave Katie alone. She doesn't want to talk to you." Keith was always baffled at how Lance didn't understand the meaning of anything Shiro told him. He didn't understand the meaning of anything, especially when someone wanted him to leave them alone. He got off of the couch and took the CD, preparing it to play on TV. It was way past 2010 and yet they still didn't have a Blu-Ray player.

Katie remained silent, even when Lance approached her. She just completely ignored him, going back to playing with her lion. When Lance offered to shoot Shiro, Katie frowned. She reached forward for Lance's Nerf gun, and took it.

She inspected it, getting a feel for the mechanics. Instead of aiming it, she actually began to try to dismantle it, starting by clipping out the barrel and whatnot. Keith snickered.

Lance frowned. Not even Katie wanted to shoot Shiro. How tragic. "No Katie you aren't supposed to tear it apart!" Lance whined. He crossed his arms and watched for a moment. Katie was certainly peculiar. Hunk sat on the sofa with Keith, playing the movie as they had done countless times before. "When dad said you liked to take things apart he wasn't kidding." Lance murmured under his breath. He remembered his words, pursing his lips. They had to adapt to her, even if it was just a little. Maybe he could convine her of playing something tomorrow. But not today! Today he would have to do with what he could get. "Well then, I'm going to take a bath too! Seeing how all of you are being boring! Even you Hunk." Lance said as he stuck his tongue out. He began to walk away, heading to the bathroom in the hallway. But before he left, he picked up one of the Nerf Guns and shot at Hunk and Keith who sat on the sofa. "THE GARLA SHALL BE VANQUISHED!" Lance yelled, sending flying bullets towards Hunk and Keith. Hunk whined, using Keith as a shield from the foam ammo. Lance made a run for it to the bathroom before he could feel Keith's rage. Shiro could hear the discourse from his bath, but he had a few more minutes to soak in. They weren't crying...so there was no worry yet...just one bath.

Keith let out a loud sigh of relief. Finally. The ulcer was gone for the moment. He stretched his body out, placing small arms behind his head as he tried to relax. Maybe he could actually have a good ten minutes. But then the bullets came and all hell broke loose.

"HUNK!" Keith yelled, rather appaled that the big framed brother used him as a human shield. Still, Keith was more upset at Lance. Keith instantly targeted Lance, grabbing the last Nerf gun off of the ground. He charged after the brother, feet slamming into the ground as he chased after him.

"YOU'RE DEAD!" He yelled, busting through the door of the bathroom before Lance could close it. There he proceeded to try to pin Lance down in a headlock.

Katie visibly jumped at the sudden loud noises, hands shaking as she dropped the Nerf gun to the floor. She glanced up to Hunk, tears welling up in her tiny little eyes. Then the girl began to whimper and sob. Her entire body vibrated due to the stomping on the floor. Her sobbing was so incredibly silent and small, only Hunk could barely hear it. She began to rub her little eyes, pressing her knees to herself.

Lance whined, pulling at Keith's hair, trying to pull him off. "Why are you so mean to me?!" Lance complained. Then again, it was his fault too. They pushed each other's buttons, and brotherly fights ensued. It wasn't unusual. Hunk tried to pull Keith back to the sofa before he got himself into a fight with Lance, but Keith ended up being too fast.

"Not again~" Hunk whined. However his attention was brought to the soft whimpers from their newest member. Hunk turned to look at Katie, as it seemed that she was about to cry if she wasn't crying already. "Oh no." Hunk gasped, quickly jumping onto the floor and hurrying over to Katie. "Don't cry Katie." Hunk said, kneeling down next to Katie and hugging her gently. "I know they're loud but it's only because they annoy each other." Hunk said, gently rubbing her head. "Hey, you like to build stuff right? I have a bunch of puzzle games in my room that you can play with! Come on." Hunk said, insisting Katie to get up. He hurryingly led her to the bedroom he shared with his brothers. One room for three boys, with a three way bunk bed and a cabinet underneath. Their items were scattered here and there, and each space of the bunk bed decorated to their own tastes. Lance's space included a Voltron poster, a surfing poster, and some Voltron action figures along with other things all with a blue scheme. Hunk's space was of a yellow color scheme with his own posters and items, including lots of puzzles to play with and books that though seemed boring to most kids, were interesting to him. "Lets see." Hunk hummed, uickly scrambling onto his bunkbed in search of stuff. "Oh look!" Hunk said as he took out a Green Lion plushie. They had all five Lion plushies. Shiro had the Black, Keith the Red, Lance the Blue, and Hunk remained with the Yellow and Green. "Since you have the Green Lion, this should be yours too." Hunk smiled, handing the plushie to Katie as he searched for more puzzles or items in general. "Let's see. An old controller, and an old tv remote." Hunk said as he sat on the floor of his bedroom, showing them to Katie. "We can tear these up!" Hunk said as he opened up the control to reveal the insides.

Shiro was drying himself up when he heard the fighting. "Not again." Shiro murmured. He quickly got a pair of shorts on, resting a towel on his shoulder as he walked out his room and down the hall, only to see two of his boys struggling in the bathroom. "Fighting again?" Shiro asked, his voice stern and strict. At the sound of his voice Lance freezed up like a plank.

Katie shook when Hunk hugged her, startled by the sudden arms wrapped around her. Something was different though, for Hunk was just so warm and his skin was so soft... Hunk was big too, which made Katie feel like she was hugging a giant fluffy marshmallow. It was such a pleasant feeling, one that stimulation her nerves. When Hunk pulled away, Katie's crying ceased for a moment. She began to follow after Hunk, not only for ten puzzles but so she could be in that warmth again.

Once they got to Hunk's room, Katie looked all around to the pretty colors. So many shades of reds, blues, and yellows. What dissapointed Katie however was the lack of green, although that dissapointment dissapeared instantly when she saw the green plushie.

Katie gasped and her eyes widened. As soon as she was given the plushie, Katie held it close to her chest in a tight hug. It felt almost like a mini version of Hunk.

The springs and mechanics of the remote scattered to the floor and Katie immediatly sat down next to Hunk to play with it. It was almost like a dream come true. She did lean into Hunk, trying to snuggle herself into the warm marshmallow once more.

Meanwhile it was utter chaos in the hallway. Keith was practically trying to kill his brother, rolling around with Lance on the floor like a lunatic. Utter fire was in his eyes.

"Why are you so annoying?!" Keith retorted back, falling over against the bathtub. He was going to pounce on Lance once more, but Shiro came in.

Any normal kid would've stopped instantly, but not Keith. When Keith started, he was going to finish. He only growled and clung himself to Lance, flipping him over like a fish. He didn't care one bit if Shiro was there.

"He started it with his stupid Nerf guns!"

Edited by Aqua7KH

Lance tried his best to fight back against Keith. When Keith got angry, he was like a firecracker. Powerful, relentless, and running on pure adrenaline and emotion. Lance pulled at Keith's hair tightly with one hand as the other aimed to push his face. If his nails were any longer he would have scratched the living crap out of Keith. "I'm just trying to play with you!!! You're the boring one who can't make any friends!!!" Lance barked back, trying to kick Keith off, though it didn't do much.

"Alright alright enough." Shiro insisted, walking over and quickly wrapping his arms around Keith, lifting him up from the ground. The movement caused Keith's grip to slip, Lance managing to slip away and scramble to his feet with a glare. "Lance, what did we talk about pushing your brother's buttons?" Shiro asked, looking down at the kid who simply frowned in response.

"I just wanted to play with him!" Lance insisted, glaring at Keith. "He doesn't have any friends but that doesn't mean he has to be like he is!"

"Lance Mcclain Shirogane, take a bath, and come to me afterwards. We have to talk." Shiro said simply, his calm remaining as he carried Keith out of the bathroom, despite his probable struggle.

"But-!"

"No buts."

Lance huffed, glaring as he watched Keith being taken away. He closed the door behind them, locking it so he could take a bath without the risk of Keith busting in and killing him. Shiro gently settled Keith down.

"Calm down Keith." Shiro said, getting his hands on Keith's shoulders and keeping him there. "Breathe in, breathe out." Shiro reminded him, one of his hand softly rubbing against his back. "I know Lance can push your buttons, but his HDHD can get the better of him, even with his medication. Fighting him and trying to hurt him won't make it any better." Shiro said as he got his hands on Keith's cheeks, holding his face gently and pressing their foreheads together, trying to calm him down. Coran sometimes commented how Shiro had the patience that not many parents had. Indeed he was. "Now then, are you calmer now?"

Hunk snuggled against Pidge softly, sharing body heat as they messed around with the items together. From very young Hunk had a thing for mechanics. He wanted to see how it worked and how to make it work if it wasn't. Hunk and Katie would end up getting along very well because of this simple similarity. Hunk tried to ignore the fighting, as Shiro had come out to calm them down and scold them. Lance with his hyperactivity and Keith with his quick temper was like mixing fuel and fire. Yet Shiro would never give any of them up. They were his angels and he would love them and protect them till death. He picked up two components of the control remote, one being the rubber layer with the buttons and the other being the sensors underneath. "See? These sensors correspond with the numbers. The buttons are hard enough so that the sensors feel it but not hard enough to damage them. Unless you smack it around alot." Hunk explained, showing them off to Katie. Maybe they could build something together one day! Though Shiro wouldn't allow them to dismantle the playground in the backyard. That was a no-no.
---

Their names are Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane, Lance Mcclain, Keith Kogane, Hunk Garret & Katie Holt so I just think that their names would be the same except with the Shirogane added as a second last name.

Keith was literally a pouncing lion- or lion cub at the very least when he was picked up by Shiro. The boy was practically making animal growls at the brother. He squirmed within Shiro's grasp, making it extremely hard for anyone to hold on to him. Once Keith was off... He was off.

"He wants to push my buttons so much, I'll punch his!" He called after Lance, kicking around with all his might. Even when the door was locked Keith was still going at it, at this point just looking like a pissed off little kid that just found out they weren't getting desert.

"I'm not going to do any of that 'breathing' thing! He can't let someone just exist for like two seconds without being the most annoying person in the entire world. Shiro, let go of me." He uttered, giving off his most powerful of pouts as he squirmed in Shiro's hold on his face. He didn't like people squishing his cheeks either.

"If Lance has that, does that mean Katie wil act like him too?" He asked, not really understanding the concept of what they were going through.

Meanwhile, Katie was very happy. She was completely ignoring the fighting, completely taken away by her task hand. She actually raced herself while we started to dismantle things. When Hunk showed her the remote, her eyes widened.

"Oooooo....." She giggled.

Shiro hummed. "No. They...are different. What they have is different, and their personalities are different. Katie is more reserved, while as you know, Lance is very active and outgoing. His ADHD...kind of adds extra to his very active personality." Shiro spoke, trying to explain this to a smaller child. It wasn't easy, but at least he tried. "I know it's confusing, but trust me Keith. It'll make sense as you get older. But no more violence ok?" Shiro asked, letting go of Keith, but not before kissing Keith's forehead. It wouldn't be the last fight. He knew that. But they could at least maybe keep it less violent every time? He couldn't be for sure. "You're the oldest of your siblings. So set a good example? Whether you see it or not, they look up to you." Shiro assured as he stood up, rubbing Keith's hair. "I'll talk to Lance the moment he gets out. Ok?" Shiro added, and with that, he retreated to his bedroom again. He still needed to get a shirt on. Hearing that Shiro had finished talking with Keith, he looked up, calling him over.

"Hey Keith, we're in here!" Hunk called, smiling as he gave Katie the pieces of the remote for her to play with and do whatever. "She likes to dismantle stuff just like me! Come join us!" Hunk offered. Though Keith wasn't into the details of taking stuff apart and building them up again, maybe Katie and him could teach him! "How about you try to piece it back together? The control is way too broken to work, but lets see how well you can put the parts together?" Hunk asked. Soon Lance stepped out of the bathroom, sighing as he felt as if a weight was lifted off his shoulders.

"Ahem." Shiro's voice however brought that weight right back in. He slowly turned, his gaze down on the floor as he got his hands behind his back. "Lance. Did you bother Keith?"

"...yes?" Lance didn't know if it was bothering...just having fun with his brother. "I just wanted him to play with me."

"I know." Shiro said, kneeling down to his eye level. "But you know that Keith doesn't have the same energy level as you. Once he's tired, you can't force him. Trying to convince him by shooting a nerf gun at him isn't going to help either, understood?" Shiro said. Lance nodded softly. "Now, apologize to Keith." Lance mumbled something under his breath, something that Shiro couldn't hear about, but that wouldn't matter much. Lance walked over to where Keith was, pursing his lips as he kept his gaze on the floor.

"I'm sorry that I shot you with a nerf gun." Lance murmured, barely audible, but audible at the very least. "I'm sorry that I pushed your buttons...even though you're a very boring person." Lance added, a smile escaping his lips. Shiro sighed. He could try and reprehend the kid, but his personality would always shine through regardless what.

Keith just crossed his arms as he listened to Shiro, words going in one ear and out the other. That was one of the biggest complaints of the boy; when he wanted to do something, he was going to do it. He was stubborn like a muel. There was no changing his mind once he made it up already.

"Okay..." Keith uttered, going away with a small pout. Hunk called him over and Keith followed to see the biggest guy with the smallest girl sitting together cuddling with a bunch of broken parts everywhere. Keith was shocked that Katie was even near the sibling.

"Uh..." Keith said, looking at the army of parts on the floor. How they were to dismantle everything that fast, Keith would never know. "Maybe I should just watch you guys. Or I can take out my Lego set?"

Lance then approached him, which warranted a sigh from the young boy. He stood there looking at Lance, not amused at all.

Lance said he was sorry... But that Keith was a boing person anyway. Keith couldn't help but grin. When Lance turned to walk away, Keith slowly grabbed for his Nerf pistol on the ground and shot a foam bullet at the back of Lance's head.

"Wanna say that again?" Keith asked.

Katie minded her own buisness when Keith entered, silently playing with the parts with Hunk. She continued to cuddle with him, soft tiny cheeks pressing against Hunk's fluffy arm. Her Green Lion plushie was still held tightly against her chest.

When Keith shot the bullet at Lance, Katie couldn't help but look up confusedly. She didn't understand why Keith was shooting it if he appeared to hate Lance and didn't want to play? She held her hands on her ears in fear that they'll start fighting again. She curled up and laid against Hunk.

Lance eeped at the foam bullet to his head. But as he turned to face Keith, he was smiling ever so big. It was that smile that stole everyone's heart. At the very least, that stole Shiro's heart the first day they met.

"You heard me." Lance began, turning to him. "I said I was sorry~ S-O-R-R-Y! Lo siento. Perdon. Anything else?~" Lance asked, now giggling as he couldn't help himself. Shiro smiled at the interaction, and knew that they would be ok from now on. At least for the night. He gently walked away, not wanting to disturb the kids. Hunk smiled ever so big at the interaction.

"See? You two do get along!" Hunk laughed, rubbing Katie's back gently. "It's ok Katie, they're not going to fight." Hunk assured. Lance walked over and sat down next to Katie.

"I'm sorry we fought, Katie. We didn't mean to scare you." Lance apologized, a frown on his face. He wasn't the type to scare people, so he was utterly surprised to see that Katie had gotten scared. But it wasn't unusual. It happened with most if not all little kids. Fighting was always scary. Especially when it was between two adults. In the furthest parts of Lance's memory, he could sometimes recall flashes and noises of when he once had a family of blood. The screaming, the yelling, the overall anger. It was a past he was glad he couldn't remember clearly.

"Well! Now that we're not fighting anymore, we can play together!" Hunk said as he clapped his hands and looked over at Keith. "Your Lego set is always fun, Keith! I think Katie would love to try and build something with it!" Hunk suggested.

"Lego would definitely be something funner than...dissembling control remotes in search of buttons." Lance said, which only caused Hunk to chuckle and smile in response. "Honestly you two were meant to be siblings. You will end up dissembling the whole house one day."

"The fun part is always to put it together though!" Hunk added.

"Whatever. Keith, bring over the legos! I'm not tired yet. Let's see what we can build." Lance asked. He wasn't tired yet. Then again, it would take alot to get Lance tired. But even Shiro knew that it took one bedtime story for Lance to eventually sleep like a log. Knowing Lance he would end up making a sword again.

Keith couldn't help but chuckle, going over to his toy chest to look for his Lego set. After a while, Keith managed to take out a box of Star Wars Legos. Legos were always fun and it was certainly way better in his opinion then taking about the remotes. He placed it in the middle of everybody, opening the box to spread the pieces out.

"Lance, these aren't edible." Keith joked, sitting on the floor next to Hunk. He didn't go near Katie, for he wanted to give her space. Lance on the other hand... Did the exact opposite.

"I call Luke Skywalker." Keith immediatly said, plucking the characters out of the set. "Since we have Katie now, you don't have to be Leia anymore Hunk."

Katie continued to fumble around with the pieces, retreating behind Hunk a little bit when Lance approached her. He didn't seem too... Overbearing compared to earlier, so this time Katie was a tad bit more comfortable. While hugging Hunk's arm as if he was a plushie, Katie looked over to Lance. Her cheeks puffed and she stuffed her lion plushie into Lance's face.

Keith chuckled. "I think she's still mad at you."

Hunk picked up the Han Solo figure and looked at Keith with a smile.

"I personally think I make a good princess Leia." Hunk said jokingly, unable to keep a straight face through it. Lance picked up the Chewbacca figurine and looked over at Katie with his jaw dropped.

"Scared of me? I'm the least scary person here!" Lance said, sounding almost insulted, though it was most likely that he was just joking as he always did. He picked up the Leia figure and leaned closer to Katie, offering her the Leia figure. "Don't be scared of me, Katie~ I'm your big brother Lance. Hermano! I'm not scary." Lance insisted, offering the two figures to Katie. "Which one you want to be, Katie? You can either be princess Leia, or Chewbacca. Both are pretty good though." Lance said as he lay on the floor on his chest, hiding his head behind Katie's lion so all that she could see were his hands with the figures. " 'Ohh Chewbacca, have you ever heard of the paladins of Voltron? I hear they're amazing'~" Lance played, moving the figurines dramatically. " 'And I also hear that the Blue Paladin Lance is very handsome too!' ~"

Katie huffed and took the Chewbacca figurine, and showed it to Hunk. She looked up at him innocently, comparing the figuring to the elder brother.

"Chewey?" She asked, looking up at Hunk with the figure. She thought Chewbacca was just like Hunk- they were both fluffy and cuddly. She wrapped her arms around his stomach, hugging him close. She stuck out her tongue at Lance.

"No..." Keith began, grinning as he watched Katie stick her tongue out. "I don't think she's scared of you. I think she just doesn't like you." He said with a chuckle, taking the Skywalker figure and a few Lego pieces to build a small ship. "Also, you're Leia now Lance."