Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jake

Takeshi Nozue discusses possibility of a Kingdom Hearts CG Film

In an interview with WCCFTech following the release of Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, movie director for Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II and director of Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, Takeshi Nozue, took the time to answer some questions. Interestingly enough, WCCFTech asks Nozue whether he'd consider directing a Kingdom Hearts CG Film in the future. Nozue says that if the audience wants it, he'd be happy to try it.

You can read his response below.

You’ve also worked on Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II as the movie director. Would you like to direct an actual film based on Kingdom Hearts if such a project was greenlighted?

Answering the call of the audience matters more to me than working a particular franchise. Kingdom Hearts or not, if it’s something the fans want, I’m happy to give it a try.

Would you like a Kingdom Hearts CG Film? Let us know in the comments below!

Click here to view the article

Hell yes! I don't know how you'd be able to work it out between Disney and Square Enix, but we would definitely want a CG movie for Kingdom Hearts! You could have it be almost anything, like maybe something that fills in plotholes between particular titles, or maybe something that will pave the way towards the future of Kingdom Hearts. It'd be amazing to have a 60-90 minute or Advent Children length movie on Kingdom Hearts act as a prologue for what might be Kingdom Hearts 4 some time in the future! <3

you mustn't forget yen sid was with them we will also see him if that happens just imagine that too xD

And then we find out that young Yen Sid had a romantic relationship with a young Maleficent... That's why she has become a crazy witch. She used to be a nice young woman but Yen Sid broke her heart. You know what would be even better? If we don't know that she is Maleficent from the beginning! Like, in the end of the movie, the girl with the broken heart goes crazy and call herself Maleficent. 

DUDE THAT'S IT. GIMME A PEN AND I WILL WRITE DOWN THE SCRIPT FOR YA.

And then we find out that young Yen Sid had a romantic relationship with a young Maleficent... That's why she has become a crazy witch. She used to be a nice young woman but Yen Sid broke her heart. You know what would be even better? If we don't know that she is Maleficent from the beginning! Like, in the end of the movie, the girl with the broken heart goes crazy and call herself Maleficent. 

DUDE THAT'S IT. GIMME A PEN AND I WILL WRITE DOWN THE SCRIPT FOR YA.

So, basically Oz the Great and Powerful?

Anyway, Not that I'm agains it but Isn't Back Cover basically a CG movie? I mean I think it's unlikely it wil have loading screens since it will be completly built from the ground up with brand new assets unlike Days and Re:coded. That would make it a movie.

Edited by Isamu Kuno

So, basically Oz the Great and Powerful?

Anyway, Not that I'm agains it but Isn't Back Cover basically a CG movie? I mean I think it's unlikely it wil have loading screens since it will be completly built from the ground up with brand new assets unlike Days and Re:coded. That would make it a movie.

I've never watched it so I can't tell ya.

Don't get me wrong but Back Cover's ''graphics'' looks worse than the opening CG from KH II - not that that CG isn't good. I may be wrong, dunno. But I wanted a Kingdom Hearts movie even more beautiful than what we get in that opening.

I've never watched it so I can't tell ya.

Don't get me wrong but Back Cover's ''graphics'' looks worse than the opening CG from KH II - not that that CG isn't good. I may be wrong, dunno. But I wanted a Kingdom Hearts movie even more beautiful than what we get in that opening.

Yes, that is exactly the plot of Oz the Great and Powerful. The Wicked Witch becomes wicked becasue Oz breaks her heart. Before that she was good.

How is it worse than the opening movies? You can see the stitching in the clothes for crying out loud.

Edited by Isamu Kuno

Yes, that is exactly the plot of Oz the Great and Powerful. The Wicked Witch becomes wicked becasue OZ breaks her heart. Before that she was good.

How is it worse than the opening movies? You can see the stitching in the clothes for crying out loud.

So it's a good movie then.

It looks worse to me. Dunno, they seems to be made of plastic.

So it's a good movie then.

It looks worse to me. Dunno, they seems to be made of plastic.

Yeah, it's a good movie, i just dont want a KH movie completly rehashing it's plot. Kinda boring when theres all this lore thay can dive into. Not to mention a bit ridiculous.

You're confusing style with grapics. Graphics are about how much detail goes into each model and texture. Style is more about proportions and lighting effects. It the way they coded the refelctivity of the skin texture that gives in that plasticy look.

Edited by Isamu Kuno

Yeah, it's a good movie, i just dont want a KH movie completly rehashing it's plot. Kinda boring when theres all this lore thay can dive into. Not to mention a bit ridiculous.

You're confusing style with grapics. Graphics are about how much detail goes into each model and texture. Style is more about proportions and lighting effects. It the way they coded the refelctivity of the skin texture that gives in that plasticy look.

Got it. Now that you posted the videos it's clear to me. So this is it. I don't like the styles. I prefer the opening movies than the Back Cover's style. That plastic look make than weird. But that's just my opinion.

I would love a movie but at the same time what the plot would about? The only way to make it work is making a reimagining of some sorts.

I'm a little bias with my vision for a KH movie, but i can't tell what it is here.

Please, make a Kingdom Hearts movie?! I wouldn't care what it'd be about, as long as it exists! I'm not picky about the styles, either. It could have the same style as Back Cover for all I care. That's just KH's own style. Instead of the Final Fantasy-esque CG from the other opening sequences, it could have its own Final Fantasy-like character style but Disney-like visual style with the painted/airbrushed/smooth look!