Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Joker

Film Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV Discussion (Spoilers)

5 members have voted

1. 1. How well did you enjoy the movie?

• I loved it best thing ever
    • It was okay
    • Worst thing to ever

I thought there should be a forum for this. So I thought why not, I saw the movie yesterday and I personally loved it.  I loved it when Nyx was laughing at the old Kings. He was like "Nah man, I don't care about that power, just lemme kick this guys ass. But if I had to pick one ultimate scene its when Somus began to play in the background and the two kings are exchanging words. Such a beautiful scene. So anyone feel like talking about there thoughts and experiences with the movie? Or thoughts to the upcoming game itself.

Edited by lil B dawg

It just feels... too short and too much focused on action. No appropiate character introduction and no deep, atmospheric moments. There are some things that make no sense or don't get explained (Drautos was Glauca 10 years ago? Why did he attack with the empire? Why Ravus wanted revenge on Regis and not Glauca who murdered his mother? Why was Glauca so powerful even against Nyx who used the power of the ring? Why did Regis sacrifice his people in order to save Noctis? How can Luna be so fast in Altissia in the game while Noctis and Co. need much more time to travel there? Where is Cor?).

Versus 13 (Nomuras vision of the story) was far better than this.

I'm glad there's a place to talk about it now :3

I went to go watch it on opening day in theaters and my overall impression is that I like it. It was good and it was worth the watch. What everyone has been saying, the visuals are incredibly beautiful! I often got distracted by it and not pay any attention to the movie because I was just admiring how good it looked. The action scenes were pretty good too. Nothing memorable except like 2 or 3 fighting scenes, but they were good.

But can anyone else agree that it was a bit too confusing to understand? Or that the rest of the Kingsglaive members barely got any screen time or dialogue? I guess I'm one of THOSE people, but I honestly didn't like Luna in this movie. I was just expecting more from her, but she kinda turned out to be an other stereotypical princesses. In a review I read, the author said they tried too hard to make her seem valiant and audacious in the scene where she jumped off the airship, but it came out to make her seem naive and stupid of her. And I agree with that. What if she never made the jump if Nyx didn't save her?

I didn't care for the movie for the most part. It was a mess of a story, with uninteresting characters outside of Regis and Nyx, but I did like the visuals and music. It had plenty of potential, but it was overstuffed and way too short to adequately have all of these plot lines and develop them in a satisfying way.

It was an incredibly... average movie at best. 

I'm glad there's a place to talk about it now :3

I went to go watch it on opening day in theaters and my overall impression is that I like it. It was good and it was worth the watch. What everyone has been saying, the visuals are incredibly beautiful! I often got distracted by it and not pay any attention to the movie because I was just admiring how good it looked. The action scenes were pretty good too. Nothing memorable except like 2 or 3 fighting scenes, but they were good.

But can anyone else agree that it was a bit too confusing to understand? Or that the rest of the Kingsglaive members barely got any screen time or dialogue? I guess I'm one of THOSE people, but I honestly didn't like Luna in this movie. I was just expecting more from her, but she kinda turned out to be an other stereotypical princesses. In a review I read, the author said they tried too hard to make her seem valiant and audacious in the scene where she jumped off the airship, but it came out to make her seem naive and stupid of her. And I agree with that. What if she never made the jump if Nyx didn't save her?

And no, I agree with you about Luna. She's just not particularly interesting to begin with and despite so many people claiming that she has inner strength, that still doesn't change that she makes stupidly suicidal decisions that make things worse.

But she seems to have her fans. I once tried to open a discussion about her on another forum about her character in Kingsglaive and it was a disaster. :P