Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

the only thing i disagree with is that they said that 3D isn't a big focal point... bruh, yes it is! 3D and technically 0.2(with Riku getting Kairi to Yen Sid then Mickeys tells how he met Aqua) are the last games that take place before KH3

Some people love killing games by over analysis and constructive criticism that tends to place emphasis on the negatives. Although he does make a point in that heaps of repeated titles are just being 'redone' and 're-released'.

IGN is home to those type of people, rest assured KINGDOM HEARTS is not the only series to fall prey to their judgement

its a game for crying out loud, get over it.

KH2.8 will be epic for us

Edited by catmaster0116

Love the people over at IGN, Marty and Andrew are great, but I think they are undervaluing the content in this game. Other than the big fan sites like here, a lot of people don't realize that 0.2 isn't gonna be a 30 minute KH3 teaser demo, so I think that plays into the uncertainty surrounding this game. DDD sold at $40 initially, if you factor in the 0.2 and back cover at $10 a piece? This is totally worth it. 

Regardless of what anyone says, I CANNOT wait to play this. My pre-order is has been set for months (and hopefully I can pre-order a collectors edition once Square inevitably announces it). 

Eh, compared to most crap they spew out, this is practically fair. I mean yeah, we're clearly more optimistic and excited over what we're getting in 2.8, but they aren't as invested in the series as we are, so in a sense they are entitled to those opinions, especially since those are sound concerns.

I will admit though, it's only this easy for me to defend them because these two aren't being nearly as unfair to the games as other members of IGN have been in the past. They didn't say DDD was terrible per say, just that it was the "weaker" of the games (not necessarily the "weakest"). They didn't have the same experience as we had so they are a bit concerned that it won't make for as strong of a core experience. But at the same time they acknowledge all the new stuff that's going to be in it and that there is a chance that if it's really good it might rationalize the $60 price point.

They even say that hopefully their concerns will be unfounded. I have literally never heard that from an IGN person before. It's kind of sad that I'm shocked to hear a gaming journalist say that. But the fact that they are even willing to give this game a chance proves to me that there really are people in IGN who do take their work seriously and actually do their jobs in a professional manner. I'm just convinced that they have a real haphazard method of picking who's assigned to what and when, since half the time we get people who praise KH outright, people who seem to have random vendettas against it, and then people like this who just seem...well, like actual journalists. They have some opinion, but they don't overblow it and let it dominate the tone of the discussion.

It's their opinion, it shouldn't bother anyone. No need for anyone to be salty.

Most of us haven't even played the demo but because IGN dislike it then we get our pitchforks out. Who cares? Even if they said it was awful or horrible, why should you get angry? They don't like Kingdom Hearts, wow big deal.

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen

I think people took this out way too much than it ought to be. They were just concerned that 2.8 might not be a full experience with DDD, as they felt it wasn't the best. They aren't saying that KH 2.8 sucks, it's awful, terrible, and a waste of time. They are just unsure if 2.8 will be worth the $60, I guess you could say.

That is why you need togo then after the limited or collector's edition.

They always have something to say about Kingdom Hearts

I think people took this out way too much than it ought to be. They were just concerned that 2.8 might not be a full experience with DDD, as they felt it wasn't the best. They aren't saying that KH 2.8 sucks, it's awful, terrible, and a waste of time. They are just unsure if 2.8 will be worth the $60, I guess you could say.

Pretty much what Jake said, He is concerned that 3D is the focus of this collection and if it will be worth the money or will work out and a lot of us have said this before, but we just got over it and moved on or just put it on the back burner until the game comes out. Plus, it's his opinion and he has a right to say it and it's not like they said Roxas is a garbage character that nobody cares about again.

oh how dare they express concern for a product. the audacity those IGN scoundrels have to take it upon themselves to soil the good name of Kingdom Hearts.

seriously i wonder how many people just saw the title, rolled their eyes and went "Ha! Typical IGN!" without watching the video.

they didn't say anything offensive about the series. all they said was they were concerned about the value of 2.8 as a collection, and they are right to be so.

i mean have you seen what we're getting? 

arguably the worst KH game, an hour long movie and essentially a demo for KH3 all for 60 bucks.

compare that to 1.5 and 2.5. you got two full games and a 3 hour movie each for only $40. 

now that's some value. 

KH3D isn't anywhere near the worst KH game, hell I find it's quality pretty close to games like KHBBS, and a lot better than both the DS Games, and KH ReCOM

Edited by Casper Formadi

the only thing i disagree with is that they said that 3D isn't a big focal point... bruh, yes it is! 3D and technically 0.2(with Riku getting Kairi to Yen Sid then Mickeys tells how he met Aqua) are the last games that take place before KH3

I think they meant that in the same way that KH1 and KH2 are focal points. Those are the two games that individually sold the most copies out of the entire series and got the most advertising prior to their respective collections.

Wow... IGN was actually humane when talking about KH. It's like the heavens opened. As for their concern, I don't think there is anything to worry about. I don't think that they have seen KHχ's finale and secret episode because that alone means HD2.8 will have a ton to provide. Maybe that's why there was a concern.

The video title is obvious clickbait. They really only  addressed concern over the worth of the collection, not dissapointment with the game itself.

Regardless, the amount of hate these guys are getting for simply sharing an opinion is completely unwarranted.

The reason why is more often than not, meaning 99% of the time, they are horrible when it comes to KH or anything related to it. They developed that reputation among the community and therefore have merited the hate.

IGN has no shred of credibility when it comes to Kingdom Hearts or other titles, they long since lost it when they couldn't even get easy facts right.

Though, does it really surprise anyone that they don't have journalistic integrity?