Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
catmaster0116

Why do you play Kingdom Hearts?

Why do you play KH?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Select all that apply

• The Story!!
    • The Music!! - (Shimomura Youko is a VGM Goddess!)
    • The Art! Nomura's art FTW!
    • Because Final Fantasy is in it!
    • Because Disney is in it!
    • Because of certain characters!!
    • The Voice acting!! (We have quite a few stars on board)
    • The DARKNESS! (C'mon, you know ya love it!!)
    • Because its a JRPG
    • Because its a Square Enix game! (You'd be surprised why people play certain games...)
    • Because someone I know played it...so I got into it
    • Because UTADA!
    • The gameplay mechanics
    • Because NOMURA!
    • I read the Manga/novels first and got hooked into the game!
    • Other (State in comments section!)

Is everything a choice?

Of course!

Although The current limitations on the KH13 forum polls doesn't let me make an option that check all the other boxes which means you'll have to click for a bit to get 'em all xD

The other. 

It's a reminder of what I was taught about life. 

Do share :D

My initial reason was that I got the game with a PS2 for my seventh birthday. I still remember until now, it was the game the lady behind the lay-by counter at Target recommended.

My reason is pretty similar to yours. I got KH from Target too after it had been released for almost a year. It was 'on-sale' so I snagged it. Plus some of my friends in school were pretty hyped about it at the time too. I never thought I would outlive them as a KH fan....

Edited by catmaster0116

I was bored and needed a new game to play for my PS2. Didn't even really like the series at first, they were just two of the few games that my young cousins hadn't broken. I didn't really start liking the series until I met my best friend in middle school. for some reason we were playing ultimate frisbee in PE, and i started using the frisbees to imitate Axel out of sheer boredom and he just so happen to get the reference.

OTHER: Because I fell into KH in a really bad part of my life (That doesn't need to be described here) and KH was a rare bright spot. I only had CoM and KH 1 at the time, but playing them made me feel happy in a time I rarely did. I keep playing them because KH has just become one of those things that makes you feel just a little happier to me. Even now, I can't help but smile at the opening of KH 1. 

That sounded really freaking cheesy, but whatever.. that's my reason. 

Pretty much everything, except I still got into the manga and stuff after playing the games first. But yeah, I pretty much love everything about it. There isn't a single flaw about this series that would keep me from playing it (I mean, it has a few flaws but they aren't nearly enough to kill my love). <3

first time i saw KH my thought was "wow,another SE title. there's even donald and mickey! this will be happy-go-round adventure. what? a key as weapon? yey, there won't be any blood and no one have to die. its disney afterall! " it was like i found something 'childish' compared to final fantasy series and i was expecting i would laughing or at least smiling playing it. but you guys know what happened in KH.
i still hate nomura for tricked me into playing this amazing game. 

The main reason was Disney. The idea of the worlds colliding and characters interacting with one another sounded like a great idea, and being able to go and hang out in the movies that I had grown up with was more than enough to sell me. 

I don't understand the meaning of the topic xD. Why do I play it 'now' in the present time? Or why I played it as a child? I'll answer both.

I played it as a child because of Disney obviously and after KH1 I became attached to it. It was very appealing.

Why I play it now or keep up to date with the franchise?

Mainly for KH3. I want to see if that game lives up to the hype. Good or bad, the franchise was a huge part of my childhood.

I really don't want to say Disney, because that put me off for the longest time, but I decided to give it a try because Tron was in 3D. Then I got hooked on the story.

Hm, most of these reasons are for me, but I guess the biggest ones are: story, music, artstyle, characters, and its an rpg (these aren't in any order)

The plot is what keeps me going, I love all the other stuff to death but the plot I love it and been following it since childhood

For the most part, I got into this series because of its story, but all the other choices here are pretty much more great reasons for getting into these games! (Didn't read the manga/novels though, but I plan to get to that someday!)  I love the story, the gameplay, the music, the voice acting, the fact that the game is a crossover of Disney and Final Fantasy, ya know, all that great stuff!

Kingdom Hearts is the best! :')

hmm... this is a pretty hard question actually. :D I first discovered KH when I stumbled upon a KH AMV on youtube, I think? The art, animation and character designs looked so pretty, so I got interested... I didn't start playing Kingdom Hearts back then though. Idk why, but I guess I thought it was ''too cool'' for me (lmao, that was also the time I thought FF was some elitist game).