Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

This is where I admit firstly, be careful what you wish for, ages ago I said I would like to learn about character backgrounds etc and then the Chi secret ending happened and Nomura's new artwork. Now I like Ventus and I do want to see how he is woken up. However, by potentially making him originate from the Chi era, we might as well slam our heads against a wall.

I'll leave it to others to discuss whether Ven is a Dandelion or due to being in a comatose state is a ' sleeping vessel'. However, if Ven does originate from the Chi era then my biggest potential issue is that Time Travel can have even more of an importance. In order to time travel you need to have a version of yourself back in that time period, for many this was reassuring as this excluded Sora from being able to travel years in the past to participate in the first keyblade war etc. Now, if Ven is from that era then it becomes plausible that he at least will be able to travel back to his original era.

I have nothing against referencing Chi characters in KH3, but if Nomura chose to go down this path, it would only complicate matters even more. I mean, events are fixed in history, so nothing major could be changed, but it would feel a cheap cop out If this route was used in KH3

IT just makes back cover a lot more interesting

This is where I admit firstly, be careful what you wish for, ages ago I said I would like to learn about character backgrounds etc and then the Chi secret ending happened and Nomura's new artwork. Now I like Ventus and I do want to see how he is woken up. However, by potentially making him originate from the Chi era, we might as well slam our heads against a wall.

I'll leave it to others to discuss whether Ven is a Dandelion or due to being in a comatose state is a ' sleeping vessel'. However, if Ven does originate from the Chi era then my biggest potential issue is that Time Travel can have even more of an importance. In order to time travel you need to have a version of yourself back in that time period, for many this was reassuring as this excluded Sora from being able to travel years in the past to participate in the first keyblade war etc. Now, if Ven is from that era then it becomes plausible that he at least will be able to travel back to his original era.

I have nothing against referencing Chi characters in KH3, but if Nomura chose to go down this path, it would only complicate matters even more. I mean, events are fixed in history, so nothing major could be changed, but it would feel a cheap cop out If this route was used in KH3

IT just makes back cover a lot more interesting

I don't think Time Travel is involved, we don't know how the Dandelion and 'unchaining' work, if Ventus was a Dandelion, he could have been sleeping before Xehanort found him.

Ventus could have easily been trapped in The Realm of Darkness. The Realm of Darkness motions time differently from the real world. This means that Ventus could have either been found by Xehanort in The Realm of Darkness, or, he got out of The Realm of Darkness to another era.

Ventus could have easily been trapped in The Realm of Darkness. The Realm of Darkness motions time differently from the real world. This means that Ventus could have either been found by Xehanort in The Realm of Darkness, or, he got out of The Realm of Darkness to another era.

Yes i agree, Ventus could had got trapped in the ROD and was found by Xehanort there.

If Nomura has any common sense then he won't include time travel, it would be impossible for MX to have time travelled to the Chi era since he wasn't alive then. It's best to just say

Ven was a dandelion, he survived beyond the KW but he lost his memories, Xehanort found him and then BBS happened.

I don't think Time Travel is involved, we don't know how the Dandelion and 'unchaining' work, if Ventus was a Dandelion, he could have been sleeping before Xehanort found him.

^^^^ Yeah, exactly. We're still not sure how the Dandelions were transported from their world to other places. Anything is possible when Nomura is involved. 

The Keyblade War is pretty much unavoidable. At best, Sora could travel back to the X era as he does have Ventus heart resting in him, however, he can't really change the events that are happening in the past. All he can do is observe. And even if he does go back to the present day, a lot of memories would be gone.

If Nomura has any common sense then he won't include time travel, it would be impossible for MX to have time travelled to the Chi era since he wasn't alive then. It's best to just say

Ven was a dandelion, he survived beyond the KW but he lost his memories, Xehanort found him and then BBS happened.

Yeah, hopefully it is something like that. The story doesn't need to be complicated any further than what it is right now.