Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aqua7KH

Searching for Light (1x1 with Ninjaj20)

The day was bright and sunny for once at the very last city on Earth. The arrival of the Traveler soon gave way to darkness, for after the Golden Age there was nothing but chaos and destruction. The only hope left was the heroes of Light- The Guardians to defend the last remnants of light.

A soft sigh was heard as a young man by the name of Jasen lifted a heavy box of food off of a truck. There wasn't much to do for patrol that day so Jasen decided it would be best to visit the orphanage Little Lights. The orphanage was the only one in the city, due to the fact that the mortality rates of orphans were so low. Those who didn't have parents to take care of them didn't last long. There were smaller group homes here and there, but Little Light was the last hope Jasen had in his heart. As a result he had to do his part for the children living there.

"You think that with the technology to bring people back to life there would be at least some descent toys." Jasen said with a shake to the head as he opened a bag of toys. They were all cheap, surely not much to keep the children entertained. That was the last time he'd ask for toys from the Cryptatch. The smiley bastard. 

Jasen lifted up the heavy box of food once more and proceeded to bring it into the orphanage. Jasen's ghost, Moon happily floated about his head.
"It's a pleasure seeing all the children again." Moon said with an imaginary smile. "Hopefully we'll be done by the time they get back from school."
Jasen shrugged as he bid hello to one of the caretakers of the orphanage. "We'll be quick."

While Jasen is unpacking the truck at the orphanage, Sorraxe and Wing are leisurely making their way down the main street, greeting everybody along their way. They have just finished their daily patrol shift of the Wall perimeter and have decided to unwind by helping out at the Little Lights Orphanage. A guardian's job is never complete, it seems. After about 2 minutes of walking and greeting, Sorraxe turns his attention to Wing.

"Wing, what tale do you think I should tell the children today? You know that they will beg me for a story again." Sorraxe asks with a perplexed look on his face.

Wing rotates her body as she wonders. "Well.... you helped Ikora do research on the Vex and how they have a very limited control of time. Remember?" Wing responds.

Sorraxe raises his metallic eyebrow. "Yea, what of it?" Sorraxe questions, curious to see where Wing will take this.

"Just make up a story revolving around how the Vex are like gods and guardians must oppose gods in order to maintain peace and true balance. Something along those lines, at least." Wing finishes feeling somewhat proud of herself for her ability to come up with a story right on the spot.

"Hmmm.... should be interesting. Thanks, Wing." Sorraxe responds.

"Also next time, come up with your own story. I'm not here to come up with stories." Wing sasses.

"Alright. Alright. I'll be sure to do so." Sorraxe says just to satisfy Wing.

The pair finally makes it to the orphanage and see Jasen struggling a little with a heavy box of food. Sorraxe jugs over, lifts the other side of the box, and proceeds to help Jasen.

"I forgot that you finished your patrol so early. What's up?" Sorraxe says.

Wing just rolls her eye as notices that Jasen is here because she knows that Moon will also be around. "Here we go again." Wing mumbles begrudgingly.

Edited by Ninjaj20

Jasen was careful not to drop anything, although he we more than happy when feeling the weight suddenly grow lighter- he knew his Guardian best friend was around.

"I'm not early, you're just late." Jasen joked, dusting his cloak off after putting the create in front of the kitchen to start unpacking. "Moon and I are just trying to get everything done before the kids come back from school. We got a bunch of food in thankfully but the Cryptarch sent really dumb toys." He began to unpack the crate, signing as he pulled out a large box of raisins. "Eris."

Suddenly behind Wing as if on cue, Moon's voice could be heard behind her.

"Why hello, Wing." Moon chimed, happily flying up to her. "You look lovely today. Taking good care of Sorraxe as always."

After Jasen and Sorraxe have placed the heavy crate on the kitchen floor, Sorraxe awkwardly smiles and rubs the back of his head. Sorraxe is usually more punctual, but today Sorraxe has been trying to take it easy. 

"Sorry about being late and all, Jasen. I've been trying to take it easy since our last raid on the Vault of Glass." Sorraxe responds and then proceeds to take one of the toys out of a crate. It is a poorly crafted wooden horse that looks like it was created in a time where cowboys and cowgirls ruled supreme. It then shows its age when one of its legs falls off just by Sorraxe examining it. Sorraxe frowns and drops the toy back into the crate. "Dude. We really need to stop asking the Cryptarch to help these children with anything. I actually think these toys are lowering their quality of life far past how low their lives have already hit." Sorraxe says with a low sigh.

Cutting over to Wing and Moon.

"Oh dear, Traveler." Wing mutters to herself. "Ha, as if on queue, Moon. You never fail to tell me how lovely I look every time you see me." Wing sasses with her signature "eye" roll.

Jasen couldn't help but twitch at the mere mention of the Vault of Glass. That was something he did not was to remember, especially with how much a disaster their Fireteam was.

"If I have to go through that maze with the Gorgons one more time..." he sighed softly and finished unpacking the rest of the box. Luckily it had more normal foods for children like applesauce, canned foods and whatnot. It looked like Cayde had even snuck in some junk food.

"You can make it up to me... if you skirmish with me in the Crucible." He gave a silly grin and playfully punched Sorraxe in the shouder. "I want to show the rookies who's boss." He watched as the toy broke into pieces, shaking his head sadly as he tossed the empty crate with the toy to the side.

"Geez, the Cryptarch can't even make something halfway decent. I wonder if Zur has something nice. I got a few Strange Coins to spare."

Meanwhile Moon only seemed to deflate just a little bit at Wing's blow. Each and every harsh comment was like an arrow shot straight through his imaginary chest.

"I don't mean to be cross with you, I just want to be friends." He said with a deflated sigh.

Sorraxe itches the back of his head wondering if Xur would be the proper person to go to. 

"Wait... Xur sells toys?" Sorraxe utters with a confused undertone "I thought that the hentai faced Sith Lord sold nothing but armaments on behalf of the Nine. Huh. The more you know, I guess."

While Sorraxe and Jasen are shooting the gun and chilling, Wing can't seem to get a break. 

"Why do I always seem to make him sad?" Wing mutters irritatedly to herself under her breath. She then takes a deep breath in and a deep breath out. "Look, Moon. I wasn't trying to be mean. I was just pointing out the obvious. We definitely are friends, aren't we? We hang out a lot together, do we not? Granted mostly because our Guardian's are good friends, but still, we hang out." Wing says trying to reassure Moon and seemingly failing at it.

Jasen placed the palm on his face at Sorraxe's rather interesting comment about the Xur. He had to admit, it was funny and caused Jasen to laugh quite a bit.
"Dammit, Sorraxe. Give the guy a break. I mean... he sells pretty good joints too." With a shrug, Jasen proceeded to finish the rest of the box.
"Xur sells some okay toys. Some cool kid stuff. I'm sure the Nine has kids they want to entertain who knows. Either way its way better than the sack of junk the Cryptarch 'donates.' It's probably just trash he wants us to get rid of for him."
Moon nodded, flying around next to his interesting companion.
"Correct, although it appears that you get rather aggravated with any social conduct with me. I would like to be on better terms, one where in a scenario where our Guardians are not together we would still be willing to interact with one another- in a theoretical sense that is considering we're never going to be separated by our Guardians."
Towards the front of the house, a small sigh could be heard by the door opening, followed by the whining of a small child. One of the caretakers of the orphanage, a woman named Mala sighed as she carried a fussy little girl in her arms.
"Jaymie, I know adjusting to a new school and home is hard but you need to show effort!"
The little girl, Jaymie only pouted as she crossed her arms tight. "No! I don't wanna stay here I wanna live in the tower with the other Guardians!"
The caretaker shook her head. "Jaymie, you are not a Guardian! Your place is here with the other children!" she didn't notice the two Guardians in the kitchen. Upon seeing the two gentleman when she walked in, Mala gasped softly. 
"Oh my, I forgot you two were coming in today! I'm sorry, I'm just so busy with the kids I can hardly remember my own name."
The little girl suddenly gasped upon seeing the two Guardians, utterly mesmerized by them.
"GUARDIANS! It's Guardians! Mala Mala put me down! Put me down! I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Sorraxe ponders on the thought of the Nine having kids to entertain and finds it hard to believe. Rumors about the Nine state that the Nine are a council of cutthroat 'Lords' that govern large Lost Sectors throughout the solar system, mercilessly taking what they want when they want. Another rumor that he has heard is that the Nine is actually a group of Vex soldiers that have broken away from the singular mind shared by all of the Vex and have decided to cut a 'time path' of coexistence with every creature. But the streets have also told him that the Nine are a group of carebears that are plotting to blow up the sun, so he doesn't know what rumors to truly believe anymore.

Wing, growing tired of Moon's olive branch petitions and crying about Wing being too hostile every time they meet, lets out a deep sigh, trying to make it seem like a sigh of relief. "See. We can get along." Wing says trying to end the encounter. 

everybody's attention is then caught by Mala scolding a little orphan by the name of Jaymie. Sorraxe and Wing just stare as Mala tells the little girl to stay out of the tower because she is not a Guardian. Mala suddenly realizes that the Guardians are looking and the situation gets a little awkward. The awkwardness is then broken by Jaymie's sudden fixation of meeting the Guardians.

Sorraxe smiles, noticing the awe and excitement on her face. He takes a knee. "Hello, young Guardian Jaymie." Sorraxe says, trying play on Jaymie's excitement.

Jasen couldn't help but mildly snort at Sorraxe's sudden heroic voice. It amused him, seeing Sorraxe talk in such a silly voice. Sorraxe sounded like one of the high mighty superheroes from the comic books. It was obvious though Jamie viewed them in that way.

"Ahh yes, it's a pleasure to meet a young Guardian in the makings." Jasen said, standing tall and proud. He even gave himself a small hint of a British accent to sound more authentic.

"Hello there!" Moon chimed as he spun his metal around to 'wave.'

Mala put Jamie down. As soon as her little feet touched the ground, she sprinted right up to Sorraxe to awe at him.

"Woahhhhh! Are you a Titan? You totally look like a Titan! Titans are cool but Hunters are the best! Why is your armor really girly? Ooo are you part of a clan? Are you good in the Crucible? Can you bring over a Vex Head!? OOOO WHAT DOES THIS DO-" she suddenly snatched one of Sorraxe's small weapons right from his holdster. She inspected it before looking right down the sights to aim at the floor. Mala went pale.

"H-Hey wait don't play with that-" Jasen reached out for the gun, only to cause Jamie to drop it by accident. As soon as it hit the ground it went off. "Yikes!"