Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Forever Love

Roleplay The College Chronicles (1x1 with aoi hoshi)

Kairi nodded. “Yeah. I’ll be fine,” she said. She had a break between classes now, so she couldn’t hold Sora up. “Don’t let me keep you.” She would go sit under a shade tree and try to relax. The talk of Princesses of Heart had sent her reeling.

Edited by Forever Love

Sora held her gaze for a minute, but then dropped it with another, smaller sigh. “Alright. If you need me, I’ll be in the athletic building near the cafeteria, so don’t hesitate to find me.” He tagged a smile on at the end. His feet moved away slowly as if it were painful to leave.

Kairi looked after Sora and waved slightly. If she was correct, his next class was with Riku. And yet he walked slowly... Was that because of her? No, Sora looked up to Riku in a lot of ways. He wouldn’t put her on a pedestal like that....

Edited by Forever Love

Riku tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for Sora to arrive at the athletics building. Was Sora that crazy or did he not remember how important it was that they get to this class early enough? If they didn't get in early enough, all the good machines would be taken for cardio. Riku pinched the bridge of his nose, but the sigh he release was half hearted. Knowing Sora, he was still with Kairi, and Kairi needed someone after the fiasco of their politics class. What was that professor thinking if he knew? Riku didn't sense any darkness from the man, but he didn't sense light necessarily either...

Lightning walked out of the women’s locker room dressed in shorts and a tank top. The past week or so this class had been her escape from reality. Exercising always did make her feel better. Of course, a lot of dumb jocks were required to be here due to their sports scholarships. She ignored them to the best of her ability. Too often she heard whistles as she passed by to get to a machine. It was more annoying than flattering, but she doubted they cared. Lightning glanced over to one side of the room and just happened to see Riku. They hadn’t exactly spoken since the party; he was often occupied by his friends. Not that Lightning was jealous. She wasn’t the jealous type. Or so she told herself.

Edited by Forever Love

From the corner of his eye, Riku noticed Lightning walking towards one of the better machines towards the front of the room. They attended the same class, but their interactions had been minimal. Riku wasn't sure why the fact bothered him, but a flicker of annoyance would always seem to follow him whenever class ended without a word exchanged with the pink haired girl. More students started to file in. Sora still wasn't one of them. "His own fault,"Riku muttered and finally headed towards the front of the classroom. He took the machine right beside Lightning's. "Hey."

Lightning looked over as she determined the settings for her workout. “Hey,” she greeted softly. Music rang out around the large gym, but the obnoxious grunts from the jocks would happen soon enough. She looked past Riku. “Where’s your other half?” she asked with a small smirk, starting to walk on the treadmill. Sora was absent today.

Edited by Forever Love

Riku rolled his eyes, but he couldn't hide his own smirk. "He's with our other friend right now I think, but he should be here soon. Hopefully, he can find a good machine in time, but I figured I waited long enough." An annoying pop song started to play overhead, making the silver haired boy cringe. Why was this song played every time he had this class? Was it just that popular or he was simply that unlucky?

“Hmph,” Lightning grunted. The half-smile died at the song choice. She could tolerate it for three minutes, she supposed. “Let me guess...Kairi, right?” The redhead. As observant as ever, Lightning caught on quickly. Sora felt strongly for the girl.

Edited by Forever Love

"So, you noticed then too?" Riku asked, his smile growing in amusement. Sora always denied Riku's teasing remarks about Kairi, but if even Lightning, who had only known them for a little over a week noticed his feelings...Then Sora's more hopeless than I thought.

Lightning caught that smile and had to look away so she didn’t stare. “He makes it pretty obvious,” she declared with confidence. Sora was kind, but he was also an open book—even if he didn’t mean to be. Lightning figured even the blind could see that romance slowly blooming.

Edited by Forever Love

Finally, Riku couldn't help himself. He snorted. "I tell him that all the time, but he never believes me. Tries to even say that he doesn't feel that way about her, but those two have been a thing practically since we were kids. I remember even being jealous of how much Kairi liked Sora, but anyway, I'm glad you see it too. I'm just waiting for those two to become a couple now that..." Riku stopped himself. He couldn't really talk about what went down with Xehanort. People knew the worlds were once in danger, but the details were still on a need to know basis. And he didn't think Lightning needed to know. "um...they're in college."

Lightning had glanced over at the strange pause. Even when Riku finished, she felt like what he said was more of a correction and not the actual truth. “Your friends better move fast if the attention they got at Snow’s was any motivation. College guys are bold and college girls are determined to get what or who they want.” She stayed away from that crowd for those reasons. It wasn’t her thing.

Edited by Forever Love

"That's my hope. Those two are thickheaded, but they can't wait around forever either. Kairi and Naminé are pretty girls," Riku said, though the words 'and you are too' were on the tip of his tongue. But he was sure Lightning had heard that often enough from guys. He didn't want to be another shameless gawker even if he genuinely did believe her to be beautiful. 

A loud wolf whistle filled the air abruptly, cutting into the peppy pop tune. The boy who had released the shrill sound stepped forward with a toothy grin, eyes roving across Lightning's body like she were some kind of hunk of meat. His hair was slicked back with either sweat or gel (maybe a mixture of both), and he wore a basic white tank that flaunted his athletic physique. 

Lightning glanced over her shoulder. When she saw that attention was directed at her, she rolled her eyes and faced foward again. "Ugh, gross," she said, loud enough for the jock to hear. She continued her pace on the treadmill, able to see the guy behind her due to the wide wall-length mirror another row of machines ahead. Pig. This wasn't the first time, nor would it be the last. There were few girls in this class, due to either scheduling conflicts or majors themselves. Like some baffoon was going to keep her from coming. 

Riku turned around and glared at the boy, who only shot back a cocky grin. Why did guys like that have to exist? Was there just some universal rule he didn't know about? "Something you need? I don't think my friend likes to be stared at like she's a piece of meat. Grow up and have some respect."

Lightning was startled to see and hear Riku's defense in her honor, though she had to admit she was also a bit flattered. She always had to handle these punks on her own. She stopped the treadmill. She could sense where this was heading, and it was going to get there fast.

"Get it, bro!" another jock encouraged from his place near the free weights. His friend had been eyeing the girl for the last week. It was about time he made his move.

"Heh, your little friend has been wanting me all week. She's just been too shy to say something," he looked over at his friend and his smirk grew wider, "and I don't think it's me who needs to learn some respect, kid. We all know this whole nice guy routine is just to get yourself laid."

Riku stopped his machine then and stepped off calmly. His voice was steady but his eyes were filled with fire. "Excuse me?"

"Yeah," the jock bellowed, "you know what I mean. She's hot and you want a lay. I mean look at that rack." The jock gestured shamelessly to the pink girl's assets. Other jocks let out wolf whistles as this.

Riku clenched his fists, fighting the urge to summon the keyblade. "That's--"

Lightning blinked at the new set of whistles, but then she stepped off her machine. She kept herself close to Riku, standing to his side and a little in front of him. "Look, pal, I don't know who you think you are," she snapped at the jock, "but I'm nobody's lay, alright? And this 'rack' is a set you definitely won't be lifting, so why dont you hit the weights?" She was sick of this. Sad excuse for men, right here.

His ego clearly bruised and in front of an audience no less, the jock's face became that of an angry tomato. It was almost surprising he didn't stomp his foot in a tantrum in response, especially when the growing crowd around them 'Oooohed' loudly. "You can't be serious? You want me. You're just playing hard to get," he growled and grabbed onto her wrist, "now be a good little girl and..." he pulled her close, bringing his lips closer to hers...

Lightning's eyes widened, but then they narrowed. She grunted, bringing her knee up and knocking the jock in the gut. She wrenched her wrist from his grasp and proceeded to punch him in the face. Nobody touched her like that. Nobody. She was no "little girl" and she most certainly did not "want" this creep.

Riku watched the display with shock. He never thought she was weak, but the jock, who was at least twice her size, staggered back before falling to ground with a loud thud. The sound even echoed, drawing the attention of anyone who wasn't already in their class.

"M-My nose!" He screamed, covering his face as blood seeped through his fingers, "Y-You can't do that! You...stupid--."

"That's enough," Riku declared, breaking out of his shocked state, "everyone get back to their machines. Class is gonna start in less than a minute. And you," he pointed at the screeching jock, "get the hell out of here. You'll be lucky if she doesn't report you for sexual harassment."

Lightning seethed in silence, daring the jock to get up and make another move. She would go for his reproductive organs next; like this idiot needed to have spawn running around. Her hands were still in tight fists as Riku's words rang in her ears. She had forgotten he was there, but now that his presence was known...she felt embarrassed. What had she done to deserve this creep's unwanted attention? Why here?

Wordlessly, the jock scrambled upright and ran out of the room. The rest of the room was filled with silence again. Riku, turning back to Lightning, sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "You alright? That was quite the spectacle before class..."

Lightning didn't look at Riku. She couldn't. "...I'm fine," she replied quietly, crossing her arms over her chest. The chest the jock oggled so publicly. Class hadn't even started, and she didn't think it would. At least for her. After that, she needed to leave...or maybe she could work out her frustrations on the equipment. She hadn't made up her mind just yet.