Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Zachy1993

A Whole New World (1x1 with DawnofRiku)

This will be the story of how two young keyblade wielders, stuck thier noses in where they didn't belong...and ended up perhaps changing one man's life...forever.

That man..was Bruce Wayne.

The two keyblade wielders....were Lea and Riku.

"Sora is having all the fun taking out bad guys, while we just sit here and do nothing," Lea said.

"I kinda bit agree, after all if he doesn't pass he won't be a keyblade master though," Riku said. 

"I STILL HAVE TO TAKE MINE!" Lea said. "That Yen Sid guy wouldn't pair me up with Sora, but all is good. I still haven't got my 'key' memorized."

"Hey, how about we go explore a new world, like it's our own mission," Riku said. "But that will be too much trouble to get in, and who knows, maybe Xehanort and his gang are there."

"The idea is quite flattering, maybe we should do it," Lea said. "We could call it a mission to save a world from heartless."

"Are you sure?" Riku asked

"Yeah I'm sure," Lea said. "Let's get on that gumi ship shall we."

"U-um sure," Riku said uncomfortable.

-Gumi Ship-

"I don't really think this is a good idea," Riku said."I didn't actually want to do it."

"Well it's to late, we are already on the ship," Lea said.

Lea had sat back and relaxed, he was quite happy that they were going to another world. Riku on the other hand was the opposite. They had soon reached a world, like none other before. Lea had stopped the ship, to examine it for a bit.

The world they saw was vast...and not of one huge landmark like the others they'd been to.

This one had MANY different bits and pieces to it, there was a grimy looking city in their field of vision, the screen in the ship said: Gotham City.

Then there was a city which was huge and was a marvel to behold, this one was called Metropolis. 

There was also a seemingly reserved piece of land far away from the civilization parts....the screen said this was Themysciria - Home to the Amazon warrior women.

But hovering above the entire world was a massive satellite station, the screen called it: The Justice League Satellite HQ.

"What is this?" Riku said. "Gotham City?"

Both had seen the words "Gotham City" on the screen, and decided to check it out. They noticed the other worlds too, but nothing interested them other than Gotham City. Before they knew it they had seen themselves in a cave.

"What the?!" Lea said. "Why are we here out of all places?"

A light shone in the cave, twin balls of light appeared in front of the two boys and then formed into the figures of a man wearing a casual suit, and a woman wearing a pearl necklace and a fur coat and skirt.

They smiled kindly at the two boys, "Welcome keybearers...you are still in Gotham City, don't worry. We have just...brought you here for a purpose."  They said in unison.

The man spoke first, "I am Thomas Wayne, deceased."

"I am Martha Wayne, also deceased." 

"But our spirits live on through the light that keeps this city's hope alive....our son." 

"Before you meet him, we have frozen time so the Wayne butler, Alfred...won't think you are both intruders and call the police or shoot you. Besides....we have things to show you, before you meet Bruce....call it....a history lesson." 

"Wait, your spirits?" Riku said.

"Oh cut the nonsense," Lea said.

They walked right up to both of them, and indeed they were spirits. Riku's eye's lit up. But he still had one more question

"First of all, how do you know we are keybearers?" Riku asked.

"You will find that there are many things possible in this world...that weren't in the others you've visited. There are other worlds that co exist with this one, and are connected to it. There are gods and goddesses, beings of great strength. As for knowing you were Keybearers, we observed your coming from below....you will know why our spirits linger here in Gotham....once we've showed you."

"Wait, what do you have to show us," Lea said.

He walked even closer to both the spirits. "Now,c'mon, if you gotta show us somethin' show us now," Lea said with anxiety.

Thomas and Martha nodded and a bright flash of light was seen by Riku and Lea.

They soon both found themselves in a rainy lot where a movie theater was playing something called: The Mark of Zorro, and Martha and Thomas...apparently still alive...were walking with their son..who was playing around..pretending to fight off evil doers with an invisible sword.

That was when they entered the dark alley, and a homeless man leaped at them, pulling a gun and aiming it at Thomas and Martha. "Wallet, Jewelry! Make it fast!" 

Thomas held up his hands, "Okay, okay..just...take it easy. Don't hurt anyone." He pulled out the wallet and the man when reaching for it, fumbled it and it fell to the rainy cobble.

"I said jewelry! Give me that necklace!" The crazed man was reaching for Martha then, as Bruce looked on....that was when Thomas stepped in to protect his wife and son "Hey now hold on-" BANG!

Thomas fell to the ground, with a bleeding wound in his chest....Martha's scream filled the night air, as the man jerked the pearl necklace off...they scattered into the rainwater just as another BANG was heard by the flinching Bruce.

The man ran off, having got nothing....and leaving Bruce kneeling in front of his parents who had fallen in a heap atop one another.

Bruce gripped his father's hand, tears beginning to flow as his father said his last words to his son:

"Bruce....don't be afraid...."

A tear fell from Riku's eye.

"So that's why your d-dead," Riku said sadly. "And that boy, that must have been your son."

Now Lea on the other hand was sad, but wasn't as sad as Riku, because, "Bruce's" paren'ts were still here, just in spirit.

"Ok, now do you have anything else to show us," Lea said. "Please don't make this one sad."

Martha and Thomas nodded and another flash was seen. This time it was Bruce...now of the age of twenty....sitting on a plane, they could hear his inner thoughts.

"From here, its clean shafts of concrete and snowy rooftops. The work of men who died generations ago. From here it looks like an achievement. Should've taken the train, should be closer....I should see the enemy." A young adult Bruce Wayne peered out the plane window...down at the city that took his parents as Riku and Lea and the two ghosts stood in the aisle...hearing his inner monologue.

The scene then switched to Bruce training in the snowy yard of a huge mansion...Wayne Manor...the name clicked in their heads as if placed there.

He chopped a set of bricks in half with little effort, and then karate kicked a leafless tree square in the trunk...it fell with a splintering sound.

"I'm not ready, I have the means...the skill..but not the method."

"No..that's not true I have hundreds of methods...but something is missing."

The scene then switched to Bruce disguised as a scarred man with a ski-cap on his head....he confronted a pimp choking a prostitute, and was in turn stabbed in the leg by the one he rescued from the abuser.

"Man that crazy vet thing is old! You stink like vice!" 

Eventually Bruce got cocky and ended up overwhelmed....he trudged a blood path back into the sitting room of Wayne Manor.

They heard his inner voice speak:

"Father...I'm afraid I might have to die tonight.  I've tried to be patient, I've tried to wait...but how father....how do I do it...what do I do...to make them afraid?" He stared down a bust of his own father as these thoughts raced in his mind.

"If I ring this bell on the table, Alfred will come...and stop the bleeding in time. I have wealth, I have a manor that rests above an enormous cave that would house the perfect headquarters..even a butler..with training in combat medicine.....but I'd rather die...than wait another hour....I've waited eighteen years." 

"Eighteen...years....since all sense left my life."

They then saw a strange sight....a double of Thomas Wayne, in the silhouette of an enormous bat that came crashing through the study window....and landed on the bust of Bruce's father.

Bruce stared at the creature...and nodded. "Yes....father."

"So, your son, he's him," Riku said while ponting at Bruce.

"Wow," Lea said with amazement

"Wait, was he also the one that looked lke a bat?" Lea asked.

Edited by DawnofRiku

The scene changed to that same neon sign lit street with all the prostitutes and pimps and biker gangs. A shadowy figure watched a certain pimp, who was the same one who had slashed Bruce Wayne with a knife before...and abused a young girl prostitute. 

The man was threatening another girl, with a switchblade..the very same knife. "You're painin' me girl, you're messing with my livelihood. Now I'm gonna have to give you a new nostril." He grabbed her by the face, and neared the blade closer to her cheek. The young blond girl's screams for help went unheard by the others on the street and passerby...but not bay everyone.

The sound of a cable line shooting out and all of a sudden the pimp was lifted off his feet and screaming as he sailed through open air and into the darkness of the sky...he was dangled up on top of a nearby apartment building...from the roof in the blackness where it was pitch black unless a light shone there.

He was thrown on top of the rooftop, as a figure in black and gray approached him....he'd never seen anything like it...and he'd never felt such fear.

"H-Holy God! W-What the firetruck are you!?" He was shaking as he pulled out a gun and fired off two bullets, Bruce dodged them easily. and knocked the gun out of the pimp's hand.

"Bullets don't harm me, but I know pain. Sometimes I share it..with someone like you..." Bruce had the pimp lifted up by his shirt collar now, staring face to mask.

"W-What do ya want!? Money!? Girls!?"

"I want you to deliver a message... Tell everyone, tell all the punks, leg breakers, junkies, enforcers, pimps like yourself, muscle-boys...tell them they're finished. Because this city belongs to ME! The Batman." 

Bruce or Batman as he now called himself, knocked the pimp out with a headbutt and let him fall down to the fire escape a few feet below....he would be sore in the morning that's for sure.

Riku's eyes widened. He walked very slowly to Bruce parents, and then stopped a few inches away from them. Sora on the other hand stod right where he was gazing at the scene, as if it was new to him, even though it was. Riku had noticed that Burce was Batman, but wondered if Sora even had a thought about what was going on the whole time. He then let out a tiny sigh, and backed awaay from Bruces parents. Then he gestured a bit, signaling that he was about to ask a question. But before he even let words out he looked at Sora, and he was surprised that Sora was paying attention to the scene that was going on. "Okay, now here is what I have ask," Riku said. "I-Is Bruce, Batman?" Riku asked. "I just want to confirm this to make sure that I wasn't wrong." Then Sora looked away from the scene and at Riku's face. "I believe Bruce is Batman," Sora said loudly with a smile on his face. Sora then walked closer to Riku and stood not to far away from him. He looked at Riku for a second, and then turned his face back to the scene. Sora had been thinking about how Riku couldn't just figure it out on his own. After all he is the Keyblade Master. Then he realized, that everyone has to ask a question one in a while, so Sora let his thoughts go. He then began to stare at Batman and the pimp.

Thomas smiled at Riku and Sora, "Yes he is. And we couldn't be more proud of how he turned out. Although we're sad it had to be under such circumstances." The scene changed again and Bruce was in the cave, being stopped by Alfred from getting into some sort of black vehicle with Bat wings on the back sides.

"Master Bruce! Stop! MASTER BRUCE!" The butler grabbed the Batman by the shoulder and he spun around to face his butler and friend.

"What is it?" Batman asked rather gruffly.

"I cannot in good conscience allow you to go! You're outmatched by this one and-" Alfred began.

"I'm What!?" Batman glared.

"You're NOT some hardened vigilante. You're a young man with a trust fund and too much anger. You are in over your head and......I don't want this to be your end Bruce." Alfred sighed.

"Alfred, who do you see when you look at me? The boy whose shoes you used to tie every morning, the teenager you drove to his first date? While you are here every night, I am out there... the ONLY THING between the innocent and the predatory..." Batman growled.

"You may be...but-" 

"No, not 'may be'. I AM. When the mugger or the thief stop to think twice, that is fear. That is what I am. That is why they hired this man - because I am the reason the criminals breathe easier when the sun rises. So no, Alfred, I am NOT in over my head. Tonight will not be my end. But it will be theirs." Batman turned away from Alfred and got into the Batmobile, and sped off into the night.

The scene changed, and Batman was facing down an enormous man, wearing a Mexican wrestler's mask with tubes running from a device on his wrist into the back of his head. It was clear Batman had suffered a beating at the hands of this brute as the giant man, the name 'Bane' came into the boys' heads.

Batman, though weary, ran in to deliver several kicks and punches to Bane's body, which the large muscular man seemed to shrug off no problem, before grabbing Batman by the throat and smashing him into a brick wall. 

"The Falcones paid quite well...I don't see why....Bruce." Bane chuckled.

Batman's eyes grew wide behind the mask, "H-How do you-" 

"I deduced it quite a long time ago, it wasn't hard....do you think I'm just some punk with all this muscle and no brains to back it up like some enforcer for your average Gotham mobster? No.....I was born in the darkness of a prison in Spain, destined to fulfill my father's sentence....when you hear stories about a man who dresses like the beast who haunts your dreams, it is only destiny that you shall seek him out and destroy him." 

Bane threw Batman across the rooftop, he fell to the gravel a bloody mess...his costume torn in several places. "The time is almost here.....The time for me to break The Bat and earn my place....as ruler of the night!" 

Batman stood up one last time.

Bane smiled beneath his mask, "I was wondering what would break first!"

With a battle cry that could be heard from the highest rooftop, he ran at Bane, and put all his strength into a punch that was easily dodged. Bane punched him in the gut, and hoisted him over his head. "Your spirit, or....your body! Now....scream my name! I WILL BREAK YOU!" 

The crunching noise as Bane smashed Batman's back across his knee....was horrific. 

Batman's scream echoed across the sky, and Thomas and Martha could be heard weeping slightly.

However, as Batman collapsed on the rooftop and was let go of Bane's grip, he uttered one final defiance: "G-Go to hell...."

Riku and Sora's eyes were stunned at the scene they had just seen. Sora began to feel bad for Batman, but Riku was angry at Bane. The two had thought about this for some time, and were really surprised about it.

"Okay, now Sora," Riku said. "What do you feel about this?" 

Riku had known that Sora was thinking about it too.

"Well, I feel bad for Batman," Sora said with his eyes a bit watery.

"Well I feel different," Riku said. "I feel angry at Bane."

In their minds, they knew that there was going to be a dis-agreement. Riku stepped closer to Sora, but he didn't want Bruce's parents to feel bad so he didn't make a huge step.

Sora and Riku did what they usually do...stare. They looked at everything in that scene, and determined what it was. When they had finished they let out a sigh.

"Okay, I'm ready for the next one," Riku said.

The next scene showed Batman in the cave, on a table with a makeshift hospital setup, with Alfred the butler, and a young teenager, their own ages....with a mask over his eyes and a red and green costume on. The names "Tim Drake" and "Robin" came into their minds. 

Alfred was examining Bruce, who was in the bed and had IVs and other things connected to him. Alfred told Tim sadly outside the room, out of Bruce's earshot. "I-I don't know if he'll ever walk again...."

The scene changed yet again...and it showed Bruce being wheeled into a dimly lit dojo. A woman with a long ponytail and robe approached, "Bruce? What has happened?""Shiva" was the name that was placed into the boys' minds. Tim explained Bruce's fight with Bane, and how they needed Shiva and her ninjas help to rehabilitate Bruce to walk....and face Bane again.

Shiva nodded, and they saw Bruce being held up by ropes and lowered into a bubbling foaming pit of liquid, "The runoff of the Lazarus Pits, although they will not give the user back their youth, or extend their lifespan...they do have the power to heal." Shiva explained to Tim/Robin.

Bruce held his breath as he was submerged for ten seconds, and then came out with a gasp.

He tore off the ropes...and walked back up to Shiva and Tim, a new man.

"Hm," Riku said. "I don't know what to say about this."

"And one question," Sora said. "Does Bruce know her?" He asked while pointing at Shiva.

Riku then looked at Sora and nodded.

"Plus, do you know why she has ninjas?" Sora asked. But then he thought it was probably for protection, so he just did a gesture that said "Nevermind."

Sora then looked closer into the scene, and saw Bruce in the ropes. "Oh what are they doing now?"

Riku turned to the scene too. "Wait why are they doing that?"