Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Zachy1993

Text Star Wars: The Rise of Darth Krayt

Hello everyone! I've decided to take my chances and get some feedback on my Star Wars story that I've rarely let out of the confines of my Documents folder. ^^;

It can also be found on Fanfiction.net if you look hard enough though! This story takes place years after Return of the Jedi. None of the characters you'll see are exactly mine...but the ideas are unique in what I'm planning to do...at least I hope they are! I've plucked the characters from the Expanded Universe and am putting them to good use. :3

So enjoy!

Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.

Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect.

Jedi respect all life, in any form.

Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.

Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training. 

-   The Jedi Code as taught by Grand Master Luke Skywalker

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me.

-  The Sith Code as taught by Darth Bane

“I can’t leave you here I’ve got to save you!”
“You already have Luke. You were right about me, tell your sister you were right.”

-   Luke Skywalker and the redeemed Anakin Skywalker

A long time ago in a galaxy far,

far away….

Star
Wars

The Rise of Darth Krayt

Since the defeat of the Empire and the forging of a New Republic, Luke Skywalker has established himself as the Grand Master of the New Jedi Order. A Jedi Praxeum (Jedi academy) has been built on Yavin IV, and Jedi Headquarters have stood on Coruscant along with the New Republic capitol for years.

In these peaceful times, the Jedi have been allowed to thrive. But Grand Master Lukes senses have not been dulled by this peace. He has made sure to keep the younglings and Jedi council on their toes. Luke Skywalker has become a doomsayer among the members of the New Republic and some of the Jedi Council, but as the citizens of the galaxy have grown far too comfortable in these peaceful days, a new threat far more powerful than any they have encountered before is about to make its presence known...

Prologue:

Luke sat on a cushion in his chambers on Coruscant, meditating; he was frustrated at the Senate for not believing him about his what they called “feelings of impending doom”.  That was when he heard an all too familiar voice calling him, he had already sensed the presence before, but hadn’t in a long time. This time it sounded distant and strained, as if the speaker was talking through a cheap comlink that needed repairs.

“Ben? I can barely hear-“ That was when Luke opened his eyes, as saw the ghost of Ben Kenobi standing in front of him. He appeared as he had first appeared to him on Hoth, a fading image, not clear as he was on Dagobah or Endor.

“Ben, what’s happened? Why haven’t I heard from you in so long?”

Obi-Wan smiled sadly, “I’m sorry Luke. It’s been hard to communicate with you. I’m afraid this is going to be the last time we’ll see each other for quite some time.”

“You mean, you’re going to completely become one with the force?” Luke asked quietly.

“I do my friend, I just wanted to tell you a few things before I go. I wanted to tell you that I am so proud of how far you’ve come; you’ve done more than enough to ensure the future of the jedi and the republic in the galaxy. But I know there is that growing evil on your mind, I’ve sensed it too, as have Master Yoda and your father, who will both still be around to guide you. Speaking of which here they are to bid me farewell.”

Ben turned, fading still, and saw the ghostly images of Anakin Skywalker and Master Yoda, who no longer needed a cane.

“Time it is already?” Yoda said with wide eyes.

“We’re going to miss you my friend. We’ll follow you eventually.” Anakin said

Yoda nodded, “Council Master Skywalker will we. Until time for us to depart as well, it is.”

Anakin smiled, “Although he hardly needs it seeing as how well he’s been doing. But take it from me son, every Jedi needs good advice and council at least every once in awhile.”

“Thanks everyone, especially to you Ben, for putting me on this path. Thank you for everything.” Luke said wiping away a small tear.

Obi-Wan Kenobi smiled kindly, “You have my thanks as well. I’m more grateful to you than I think you know. Always remember, the force will be with you, always.”

At that point a blinding white light shone from Kenobi’s body, it enveloped the room, and just like that it and Obi-Wan Kenobi, the man who set Luke Skywalker on the path of the Jedi and the force so long ago, was gone.

Luke walked over to the balcony overlooking the city and leaned on the banister. “I guess now I truly am alone now that Ben’s gone and everyone but impressionable younglings think I’m some sort of gloomy gus since the Empire is gone, no offense you two.”

His father and the small pointy eared Yoda came to either side of him, “Never alone you are, know we cannot take Obi-Wan’s place as your mentor and friend do we. But there we are if need us do you.”

Luke looked up from Yoda to his deceased father’s face, who nodded to him. “I agree with Master Yoda, we do not intend to take Master Kenobi’s place in your heart. But we will always be here until it is time for us to join him in the force. We will provide you with as much guidance and support as we possibly can my son.”

“Thank you both, but I still can’t shake the feeling that there is something terrible just waiting for a chance to reveal itself. Heh, maybe I’m getting paranoid and peace doesn’t suit me.”

“Right you are to feel this way Luke, foolish is he whose senses become dulled in peaceful times.”

“Ours were dulled to a threat right in front of us during a time of war.” Anakin mentioned sadly, referring to Palpatine’s treachery during The Clone Wars.

“So what do you both think? “ Luke asked as he gazed at the city lights of Coruscant.

“Oh we’ve sensed it too, so did Obi-Wan. Though it is clouded, the threat is definitely there but none of us, even you, can see past this….this..” Anakin tried to find the right words.

“Veil, that’s how I described it to the senate, that its almost like there’s a veil covering the threat and when I try to reach out with the force the veil gets thicker and foggier, almost as if someone is purposely preventing me from seeing something.

Yoda grunted in agreement, “Using the force to cloud our vision, someone most certainly is.”

(End Prologue)

Chapter 1:

Posted Image

Luke walked down the entrance hall of the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin, he’d just arrived and was trying to get the image of Ben disappearing out of his head. He sensed someone lurking in the shadows above him, someone who he could tell was watching him. He pretended not to notice and went on his way.

The shadowy figure followed him from above, always keeping to the shadows; he spotted his wife with her flame-red hair, Mara Jade Skywalker. Seeing her reminded him of his own father’s redemption, she had gone from working as Emperor Palpatine’s cold, efficient assassin whose last command was to kill out of all people, Luke himself, to a member of the Jedi High Council and finally now to his beloved wife.

Mara spotted him and her eyes darted up to the shadowy rafters for a moment, she suppressed a grin, obviously having seen who it was.

She leaned in close to Luke’s ear, “Don’t look, let him at least think he’s getting the jump on you.”

Luke walked a few paces forward, and then heard a battle cry from above as well as the hum of a harmless training lightsaber clicking to life. Luke looked up and spotted a teenage girl with dark brown hair leaping down on him with her training saber raised above her head.

Luke sighed and used the force to pull the training blade from her hands before she landed on her feet in front of him. “No fair, uncle!” She crossed her arms in front of her.

Luke deactivated the training weapon, “You know, maybe if you spent more time training with your master, young padawan, instead of playing these tricks on me all the time. You’d have finished that lightsaber you’ve been working on for,how many weeks?”

Jaina looked down at the floor sheepishly, “Three, Grand Master Skywalker.”

Luke put a hand on his niece’s shoulder, “Save the formality for when we’re in front of the senate or the council. But Jaina, have you even gone as far as to search for this purple lightsaber crystal you’ve decided upon?”

Jaina looked into her uncle’s eyes, “The only remaining source of crystals is on Illum right? There must be one there!”

Luke was going to tell her that the reason there were so many padawans with blue or green lightsabers these days was because when the Emperor destroyed most of the crystal s sanctuaries he’d gotten most of the varying colors of crystals as well. Thankfully he had neglected to destroy , or had simply missed the planet Illum’s caves, but this left very little options when it came to a wide array of colors. Mara had gotten her purple lightsaber crystal through sheer luck during her smuggling days, and had been keeping it in a glass case until she met Luke and her training in the Jedi arts was complete.

That was when Mara stepped in, “I’m sure there is Jaina, why don’t you go do some studying in the archives, brush up on your technique a bit?”
Jaina smiled, “Okay master Mara!”

Mara turned to Luke angrily, “I can’t believe you.”

“What?” Luke asked, he had just lost Obi-Wan and now his wife was turning on him it seemed.

“She may be my padawan, but she is YOUR niece. Don’t you see what this is about? She’s always trying to compete with Jacen for your attention, Luke! Just because Jacen is your star pupil doesn’t mean you get to treat them differently. If Obi-Wan saw you acting like this-“

“Damn it Mara, Ben’s gone!” Luke raised his voice slightly, then realizing what he had done and seeing the look on Mara’s and those that were passing by’s faces, he sighed and leaned on the banister and looked out into the training yard that had been set up for the guards.

“What do you mean Luke?” Mara asked after a few seconds.

Luke was quiet for a few moments then spoke. “I mean he’s become one with the force. He told me goodbye and was barely able to hang on long enough to do even that.”

“…Luke, I’m so sorry, I didn’t know.” Mara said coming closer and leaning on him.

“You don’t have to apologize. You’re right, I do treat them differently, but I guess it’s because I think that I can approach Jaina the same way I can Jacen. But I suppose I shouldn’t be too rough with her, after all it’s not my place, she’s not my pupil,” Luke turned to his wife, “she’s yours.”

Mara grinned and ruffled her husband’s hair, “Now you’re getting it, blondie.”

Jaina was in the archives, studying like her master had told her to, but she wasn’t taking in a bit of what she was reading. She was too upset about what her uncle had said to her and the doubtful look in his eyes when she talked about finding her purple crystal to go in her lightsaber.

She noticed someone sit down in the seat next to her and realized it was Luke, she sighed. “Are you here to scold me some more?”

Luke smiled a bit, she definitely had his sister’s smart mouth and quick wit, not to mention he often times would see her tinkering with electronics and fixing mechanical objects that even her father Han thought was broken.

Jaina looked away blushing, and Luke realized he must’ve been smiling at her this whole time. “No I’m not here to scold you, I’m actually here to apologize to you. I know I’ve been hard on you a lot lately. Perhaps pushing you far too hard, even harder than I did Jacen, which is unfair to you. We both know you’re not your brother, even though you have just as much skill, even more in certain areas that he can’t even touch.”

Jaina sighed, “Like what? I can’t even build a lightsaber!”

“That will come in due time, you haven’t even got your crystal yet, and I’m going to accompany you and Mara on a trip to Illum later today, and we’re going to find you that purple crystal.”

Jaina’s eyes lit up, “Really, promise me uncle?!” She threw her arms around him.

“Haha, I promise, now let’s go tell your master the good news.” Luke said leading the skipping padawan out of the archives.