Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sorual

My Arcade Stick Story (Pointless Thread)

i love competition. the whole idea of the constant progression to get better at something that you love and comparing your skills to others, only to either win, (something fun to happen) or lose. (which encourages more growth in skill. its still a good thing) its a win-win situation for me if i win or lose. competition is one of the things in life that i truly love with a passion.

with this love, it wouldent be too surprising that competative fighting games would be my second favorite game genre (next to RPGs which involve complex storytelling and valuable experiences for the beholder/player [another thing i truly love] but thats a topic for another time) i truly love competative fighting games. and wouldent you know it, i can only experience one fighting game (out of so many out there) optimally. smash bros. (because i own a gamecube controller) in order to fully enjoy a game, i believe that playing it must be a comfortable experience. even more so if you are in a competition when you need to be at peak preformance. and the controller, is a VERY large part of comfortability in a video game. i own a gamecube controller (which i consider to be the best and most comfortable controller for smash bros) so i am able to play smash bros optimally. and i do truly love smash bros. it is my favorite game in the competative fighting genre. however its not the ONLY game in the genre. and i do love other fighting games very much as well. however, i cant enjoy them to the fullest without the right controller. and what controller do most fighters use? an arcade stick.

now, if you noticed my discussion threads and statuses all that time ago on this site, you might be saying "but you have an arcade stick. remember? you built one." and yes. i did build one. i built one to enjoy the world of fighting games that optimally requires one. and i did so. this is how i grew to love many fighting games. and i decided that my personal preference for these games wa an arcade stick (im aware that there are those who prefer fight pads or regular controllers and that is ok) i really loved playing with my homemade arcade stick........ until it broke. now, i did order a new chip to wire up to the buttons, joystick, etc. and that revived it...... for about 2 weeks or so.

now, ive given up on making a high quality arcade stick. i needed to actually buy one. one that has excelent reviews across the board and would fit my needs PERFECTLY! enter, my situation at the present moment. i think its about time i played some fighting games other than smash bros again. i would REALLY like to play the games i used to play with my old arcade stick, as well as some other fighting games that i never got around to playing. not only did i already give up on making a high quality one, but these games i would also be getting for te ps4 meaning that even if i repaired my arcade stick (again) it still woulent work because it doesent support ps4. this leaves me with one option. buy one.

i dont want any arcade stick. i wantd a high quality one. again, one that was universally loved and had great review scores. enter the Madcatz Tournament Edition 2. an arcade stick that meets all of these criteria and is considered one of the best of the best. only problem: it costs 200 dollars o.O i cant afford that right now. and this happened right before the SFV beta becomes playable. of course. its not just my luck. its perception bias. but its still frustrating :( but nevertheless, my birthday is comming up soon. while i seriously doubt id be able to get something that costed even 100 dollars for my birthday, i still have something. plus, ive been working very hard on an online course durring my summer vacation. im still unsure as to if i will be able to get it, but i can still hope. and for those of you who ask, i actually want to get a job so i can make he money on my own. however, i cant find a job no matter how i try and even if i could, i already have an online course to take.

what wa sthe point of this thread? nothing. absolutly nothing. this thread has no purpose other than "just cus i felt like sharing". lol i felt like explaining for some reason. and with that, i digress. thank you for reading that sad excuse for a short and concise opening to a discussion thread. lol if you have any thoughts then please feel free to share :)