Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Stardustblade358

Cold hands, Warm hearts (V:LD 1x1 w/ Aqua7KH)

(I feel like we need to add a Lance Katie moment to have those two bond... As well as a scary moment... How about Katie almost gets kidnapped or almost drowns? Idontknowwhatiswrongwithme)

Katie throughout the ride was very interested in her pen. She messed with it this way and that, careful to not let the springs launch everywhere. During the car ride however, the soft vibrations of the ride began to soothe the little girl. Soon she began to drift off, nodding her head as sleep overtook her. Her pen fell right out of her hand and hit the floor below.

Once they arrived at the park, Katie woke up with a small whine. She yawn and stretched, looking up to Hunk lazily. When he offered to help her out of the car, Katie nodded and held onto Hunk's neck as he talked about the swings. Her plushie was still in her arms.

Keith meanwhile actually looked somewhat excited for the first time that week. He looked straight towards the playground, eyes ooing at the possibility of what he could play with first.

"Yeah... Race you for it!" Keith shouted, punching Lance in the arm as he sprinted towards the playground. Once he got there he scaled the slide, heading towards the monkey bars. "It's a model of Lance's hometown!" He said teasingly, claiming ontop of the bars.

(I'm on it)

As Shiro watched his kids, he paused for a moment. Lance and Katie were...in all honestly not getting along as well as he had hoped. In truth, Lance had just not gotten around the idea of even acting like a big brother. After all, out of the three, he was the youngest by just a few months. Shiro had an idea of fixing this, even momentarily. "Lance! Come over here!" Shiro asked. Lance stopped on his tracks, turning to hurry over at Shiro.

"Yes dad?" Lance asked, though his attention was limited as he really wanted to go to the slides.

"I want you to play with Katie." Shiro said, gently rubbing Katie's head, looking down as she clung to poor Hunk like an octopus.

"...huh?!" Lance asked. He sounded honestly surprised. He looked over at Katie, then at Hunk, and then at Shiro. "But dad, she doesn't even like me...she likes hunk better."

"She's just gotten used to Hunk more. Which is why I want you to spend some time with her so you can get to know her better." Shiro insisted, much to Lance's dismay. Shiro looked over at Hunk, gently pulling Katie off him. "You and Katie are going to play today, alright?" Shiro said with a smile, looking down at Katie. "Lance will be your big brother guide today." He added. Lance groaned. Hunk looked over at Shiro. "You can go and play with Keith, ok?" Shiro asked. Hunk nodded and like that, he hurried over to play with Keith. He took the hint. Their dad wanted Lance to learn how to be a bit more...big brotherly. This would be a good chance.

"...Katie doesn't even like me." Lance said again.

"She likes you. Right Katie?" Shiro asked softly at Katie as he smiled. Lance crossed his arms before offering a hand to Katie.

"Well, then lets go to the slides, or the swings, Katie."

Katie glanced towards the park, stealing peeks at the other children playing. She was somewhat interested in it, although she found it rather strange if anything. It didn't bother her whatsoever. She was just content being attatched to Hunk. She was just so warm.

When Shiro asked if Katie liked Lance, she only pouted and stuffed her face into Hunk's chest. She didn't want to be bothered and when Shiro began to pry Katie off the girl began to struggle and cry, whining as she was ripped apart from her fluffy brother.

As she was placed infront of Lance, Katie pouted to herself and crossed her arms. Her cheeks were puffed up along with her puffy eyes, about to cry on the spot. When Lance offered his hand, Katie only turned her back to him.

Keith watched from afar on the monkey bars, shaking his head at the sorry scene before him. Upon seeing how pissed Lance look, Keith couldn't help but grin.

"What's the matter, 'best big brother in the world'? Can't handle a little tamper tantrum? Now you know how I feel."

Shiro watched intently. Lance could not help but to feel that somehow, this was punishment. It HAD to be. He watched at Shiro questioningly before looking back down to Katie. She liked Hunk the best! Why did he had to try and help her out when she obviously wanted to be with Hunk...then she threatened to cry. Turning her back on him and absolutely ignoring him. Lance could feel his heart slowly beginning to thug out of heartbreak, though mostly, out of pure annoyance. Lance groaned as he pursed his lips. "...come on, Katie." Lance said, extending his arms to his sides. He puffed his own cheeks in annoyance, walking around so he could face her face to face. "Katie don't be so mean to me. Come on, let's go play with something. Surely you don't want to sit here and be angry all day." Lance said. He had to think of something. He then paused, crossing his arms with a smirk as he slightly looked away. "Unless of course...you don't want me to show you the...secret playground spots where only the awesome people go!" Lance said almost teasingly, hoping that it would at least incite some curiosity from Katie. He then could go from there. Shiro watched over the kids from a seat in a pavilion where parents would sit down to do the same. Hunk was more than happy than to climb up to the highest point and look through the toy telescope that was mounted on it, looking straight at Lance and Katie. "I think they're getting along...I think."

Katie sniffled, not breaking her protest a single bit. Her frown was deep and she was two seconds away from crying loudly right there. It wasn't until Lance started to speak about a secret hiding place however when Katie seemed to immediatly change her disposition. She looked up towards Lance's face, although not directly at it. She gasped slightly, completely intrigued by the entire idea of there being such a secret place. She was still weary of Lance, but she really wanted to see what he was talking about.

Keith meanwhile grinned. He could take advantage of the situation and have Shiro all to himself! Lance was going to be busy babysitting Katie and Hunk... Hunk always entertained himself. Keith was never really one to show his 'happy playful side' but now was the time.

"Shiro!" Keith called, hanging from the monkey bars by his legs. "I bet you're too old to do this!" He was going to continue, but his shirt fell over his head due to him being upside down so Keith got tangled in it. Case of instant karma, almost.

Lance smirked. Crisis averted! Momentarily, of course. "Oh, now you're interested, aren't you?" Lance chuckled. He crossed his arms and pointed upwards. "But of course, only someone as amazing as me would know of such secrets!" Lance then turned, gently taking Katie's hand. "Come on now! The secret spot awaits!" Lance declared, smiling as he began to lead Katie over to the 'secret spot'. It was a small dome shaped building which contained a staircase leading downwards, leading vertically to the lake. He led Katie downstairs, where it was dark only lighted by the dim wall lights. Then when they reached the bottom, it was wondrous. It was an underwater viewing room of the lake. At least part of it. You could see the bottom of the lake with plants and rocks and minerals, with fishes swimming past the glass, freshwater crabs making themselves home at the bottom of it, only picking their eyes out of the sand from time to time. The only thing illuminating this area was the greenish hue of sunlight that came through the lake, and the dim wall lights. "Pretty cool huh?" Lance asked with a smirk. "Am I the best big brother ever or nah?" Lance asked. Part of him told him, he'd totally won the best big brother contest. For today.

Shiro smiled at Keith, standing up as he walked over to Keith, who hung upside down, his shirt tangling him up because of gravity. He chuckled, walking over to Keith as he pulled his shirt back up, untangling him slightly. "Nope. I don't think I can do that. Too old for sure." Shiro said as he poked Keith's nose. "But I'm not to old for the tickle monster!" Shiro said before hugging Keith and blowing a playful raspberry on his tummy.

Katie huffed to herself as Lance began to boast about his self-richeousness. She decided to go along with Lance for now. As the girl followed her elder, she looked all around the place. There were just so many trees and so many leaves and the sun was just so warm... It was utterly perfect. It wasn't until they arrived at their destination however when Katie's eyes widened. The scene before her was something out of a dream.

Katie gasped loudly and she ran ahead to place her hands at the glass, jumping up and down to try to reach the fishes swimming about. The blues and greens illuminated her soft skin as she watched her reflection dance along with the sea creatures.

Meanwhile Keith squirmed around, especially when Shiro began to help him. Keith didn't want no help especially since he was on the monkey bars.

"Let go I can get myself out- a-ah!" When he got a raspberry, Keith screeched loudly with laughter as he fell off of the monkey bars only to be caught by Shiro. He began to kick and squirm, trying to escape the tickle monster.

"S-Stop! I'm n-n-not five! Haha!"

Lance watched amused at Katie's reaction. It was if she hadn't seen a lake before. Then again, this was quite the sight for someone who sees it for the first time. When he and Hunk came down here for the first time they never wanted to leave. Lance wanted to jump in on the lake, but Shiro stopped him from doing so. "Pretty amazing huh?" Lance asked as he got closer. He began to point at random organisms, hoping that it would impress Katie despite the obvious fact that it was limited knowledge that anyone could point out. "That's a fish. That's a crab. That's another crab. That is...I don't know what plant that is. That is a turtle." Lance said as he pointed at different creatures that appeared on the glass wall. "I used to have a turtle! His name was Charlie!...well actually he wasn't mine he was the Orphanage's but he totally liked me the most!" Lance insisted. He remembered having a dog before that time too, before something happened within his family which led him to be taken away and put up for adoption. But he couldn't remember anything more of it other than it existed. "So...do you like me now?" Lance asked.

Shiro happily tickled Keith on his sides, by now memorizing his tickle spots. A few moments of relentless tickles, he decided to give Keith a break, gently setting him down on the floor. "You're not five, but you can be sixteen and still be no match for the tickle monster." Shiro cooed. The tickle monster was an undefeated enemy! "Dad." Hunk said as he pulled on Shiro's hand. "Can you push me on the swings?" "Sure...have you seen where your brother and sister went?" Shiro asked, looking around. "I think Lance took Katie to see the underwater viewing area." Hunk said before turning to Keith. "Want to go to the swings with me, Keith?"

Katie watched as Lance began to point the creatures out. It was honestly... Kind of sad, but he did help her notice some creatures she didn't see. As a turtle came flapping up towards the glass, Katie jumped up happily as she tried to reach it.

When Lance asked her the question now, she couldn't help but pout and huff. As she crossed her arms, Katie just sorta pressed herself into Lance. "Hmph..."

Keith meanwhile continued to laugh and squirm, almost out of breath from the ordeal. When Shiro set him down, Keith stomped his feet.

"When I'm sixteen I'm not gonna be into that stupid tickle stuff." He proclaimed, looking over to Hunk and the swings. Keith nodded, walking up to one of the swings to twist on it. "This is the best part of it."

Lance smiled at Katie as she pressed herself against him, though it seemed that she was still not that convinced that he was the best brother ever. Lance smirked. "Well then," He wrapped an arm around Katie's shoulders. "If you're not impressed by this, how about we go fix the ducks?" Lance asked as he winked. He grabbed Katie's hand and then walked away. "Come along, my fellow sister!" Lance said as he led her up the stairs and outside of the viewing area. He led her walking down the path and to a dock type of structure that led to the lake. Around it were a bunch of ducks already used to waiting for people to happen to walk around to feed them bread. Lance reached into his pocket, taking out a bag with a few slabs of bread. He took one out and ripped a small piece from it. "Watch." Lance said as he flicked the small piece of bread, sending the ducks into a frenzy to catch it as it landed on the water's surface. "Here, give it a try." Lance said as he waved the slab of bread in front of Katie, trying to encourage her.

Hunk followed his brother, sitting on a swing on his own and following his lead to twist on it. "Dad! Join us!" Hunk insisted with a small laugh. Shiro didn't hesitate, taking a seat on a third swing as he watched them twist on their swings. "Be careful you don't get sick from too much spinning." Shiro cooed, glancing up to notice a flash of blue in the corner of his view. It was Lance, already feeding the ducks, and it seemed he was showing Katie how to do it. Katie didn't seem to be putting up  fuss...so maybe the plan to get them to like each other worked after all.

Katie was silent all the way through as she usually was. She couldn't help but pout as she always would. With a huff, she followed Lance to the next location.

Once they got to the duckies, Katie's eyes widened as she looked around to scan all the small animals. Within a few seconds. The ducks began to flock for food. Katie giggled and took the piece of bread from Lance.

Meanwhile Keith stretched as he sat in the swing, twisting himself as much as he could. Once he was done, he leaned back in the swing and let go. He began to spin around on the swing almost like a top. Keith grinned. "Don't throw up Hunk!"

Lance smiled genuinely as he watched Katie's amazement with the duckies. Lance sometimes compered them to piranhas though. The moment they saw bread, they would go crazy over it. "Be careful you don't stick your hand out too much! If the ducks get your hand, they'll bite!" Lance said dramatically as he flicked another piece of bread. One particular duck became rather bold, flying up on the deck before it began to quack at the two from behind, pecking at Lance's socks. Lance looked back, glaring down at the duck. "No, you wait your turn. Go with the rest of the ducks." Lance said, but of course, the duck would not listen. No duck would be commanded by Lance. It began to peck at Lance some more. "Hey, stop it!" Lance said, stomping at it. And then it went bonkers. The duck quacked loudly, flying up as it tried to peck at Lance's head, much to his dismay. "HEY NO GO AWAY!" Lance shrieked, now beginning to run around in circles trying to lose the duck that was chasing him. "KATIE DO SOMETHING!" Lance squeaked, throwing bread at the duck who now wasn't interested in bread, but in revenge.

Hunk closed his eyes as he began to spin on the swing. "Not going to throw up, not going to throw up!" Hunk yelled, almost unconsciously as he smiled while he spun. Once he came to a stop however, he opened his eyes to find the world spinning around him. "Oh boy!" Hunk hummed, gently waiting for his head and mind to settle down once more from their spinning high. He heard Lance screaming, looking up to see him getting chased by a duck. "Dad I think Lance is getting chased by a duck again." Hunk said with a small smile. "Did he tease the ducks again?" Shiro said, sounding almost amused of the fact that he had somehow angered a duck enough to have it chase him around.

Katie with all her might threw a piece of bread, completely determined to deliver it to the duck. She was happy when the ducks started to eat, although one duck in particular took an interest for Lance. She glanced over to see the duck pecking at Lance and soon... Attacking him.

Normally any child would start crying but Katie was different. She didn't cry nor scream but rather- began to giggle.

"Hehe..." She giggled. She would've laughed although she didn't quite know how to.

Meanwhile, Keith lifted up his legs and began to spin rapidly like a propellor, his legs going so fast that he could knock anyone out with the potential energy. When he heard Lance's yelling however, Keith couldn't help but stop his spinning as he looked over to see Lance getting chased again.

"He really never learns." Keith said with a grin, shaking his head as he looked over to Hunk. "You shouldn't be spinning. I thought you don't even like roller coasters."

Lance ran around, avoiding the pecks of the duck that aimed for his ankles and butt. The duck eventually gave up on its chase when Lance tripped and fell face first on the wooden deck floor. There the duck pecked one more time at his head for good measure before walking off back into the lake. Lance sat up, glaring at the duck as it returned to the lake. "Y-Yeah! You better run!" Lance yelled, though by the tinge of his voice, one could tell he was trying not to cry. He sat up, wincing at a pain on his knee. He looked down, a single bruise on his knee from when he had fallen now surfacing, with an old splinter on it. It wasn't as serious as one would think of it, but it still hurt, much to Lance's dismay. He sniffled and puffed his cheeks at Katie. "It's not funny!" He whined at her. By this point Shiro had walked over to the two, once he was sure that the duck wasn't going to come back at them for revenge, specifically Lance. "Will you get into a fight with that duck every time we come here?" Shiro teased. Lance glared at him with puffed cheeks. "The duck started it!" Lance insisted. Shiro knelt down, looking over at his knee. "Hold still." Shiro said, pulling out the small splinter with a flick. "There." Shiro said as he kissed Lance's bruise. "Better?" "Better." Lance said wiping his eyes as he looked over at Katie. "Katie didn't save me from the duck though!" Lance whined. "I think Katie was to busy smiling." Shiro said. Lance blinked. "...I did make Katie laugh didn't I?!" Lance said cheerfully as he jumped onto his feet, looking over at Katie. "So, am I the best big brother ever yet, Katie?" Lance asked, all the pain now gone. Hunk swung his feet, swinging back and forth on the swing. "I don't. But I want to have fun like you do, Keith!" Hunk said smiling.

Katie continue to giggle, smiling brightly to herself as she watched the scene before her. Even when Lance visibly got hurt, she still found it rather humorous. It wasn't until when Shiro came in that Katie began to quiet down. After Shiro tended to Lance's wound, Katie jumped on Shiro's waist so he could carry her. She poured and stuffed her face into Shiro's waist.

Meanwhile Keith chuckled and leaned backwards in his swing once it started to spin around once more. Lance being attacked by ducks was golden.

"I don't think you'll like the kind of fun I'd like." Keith said with a strugZ I don't do much."

(I'm literally falling asleep as I type tis)

Shiro gently rubbed Katie's head, picking her up in his arms. "Did you have fun with the ducks, Katie?" Shiro asked with a smile as he pecked her nose softly. Lance pouted, looking up at Shiro. "No fair, I want to be carried too." Lance complained. "But Lance, you're a big boy now. You need to set an example for Katie as a big brother." Shiro insisted, which caused Lance's atteitude to turn around for the better. "An example, huh? Ok! I can be a good example!" Lance said as he began to follow Shiro back to the swings where Keith and Hunk were at. He hurried past Shiro, running to take a seat next to Keith. "Did you guys see me fight off that duck?!" Lance asked as he took a seat on the swing. "Wasn't the duck winning?" Hunk teased, much to Lance's dismay as he gave a whine. "I totally won that time!" He insisted. Shiro carried Katie over to the group, setting her down on the spare swing. "Hey Katie, want me to push you?" Shiro asked, walking behind Katie and softly pushing her on the swing. Lance waved his feet. "Hey Keith I bet I can go higher than you!"

Katie smiled as Shiro approached her. As soon as he held her, the young child sniffled up into his hold. She closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth the elder provided.

Meanwhile Keith chuckled as he swing around. The whole duck thing never got old.

"I looks like the duck totally creamed you." Keith mused, standing ontop the seat. When Lance challenged him, Keith grinned at his brother.

"You're on!" He shouted as he took a seat and began to swing.

Meanwhile Katie whined a bit as Shiro set her down on the swing. She kept looking back towards him, making sure he was stil there. F

"I'm still here." Shiro assured, gently pushing Katie on the swing. "Look up at the sky. When you're on the swing, you can get closer to the sky." Shiro said, sharing something he himself was told when he was a small child. Hunk was one person who took this advice to heart, swinging as he kept his eyes on the sky. "Hey Katie, if you look at the clouds, you can find shapes in them!" Hunk said as he smiled and looked at his sister and then back up at the sky. "Like, that one looks like a tiny little rabbit! Or that one, that one looks like a top hat! Or that one looks like...a very long and tired snake!" Hunk smiled, cheerfully describing the images he saw on the clouds, hoping Katie would see some of them, or maybe shapes of her own accord. Meanwhile Lance was swinging harder on the swing, going higher and higher as he tried to beat Keith. Sibling rivalry, in a way. At least that's how it was seen sometimes. "Look dad! I think I'm going higher than Keith!" Lance squealed, laughing happily. Shiro looked up, blinking a few times. "Boys, be careful you don't go too high and fall." Shiro warned.

Katie held onto the chains tight. Her eyes was shut utterly closed. It wasn't until Shiro's words however when Katie began to open them. Her eyes gasped at what she saw. The sky was just stretched out completely over them like a long blanket of blue. Each push she was getting closer, watching as the clouds swam in the sky. Katie began to see the shapes Hunk described too. Then she began to see her own shapes. Katie reached out for one of the clouds, hair flowing back and forth as Shiro pushed her.

Keith meanwhile was determined to beat his brother. He continued to push himself to the limit, going so high that he almost fell straight down a couple of times. The chains could barely take it, for they violently carried the boy. Keith called out to Lance, challenging him.

"I'm higher than you!!!"

Shiro smiled as he pushed Katie and Hunk softly. However he could not help but to continue to worry as Keith and Lance swung around rather violently, pushing the swings to their limits as they tried to outdo each other. "Be careful, boys." Shiro reminded them, not that they were listening very well to such warnings. Lance laughed, swinging back and forth as he felt like he was flying. If he wasn't careful, he would end up forgetting he had to actually hold onto the swings otherwise he would end up falling off. "Hey guys! Watch this!" Lance said. As the swing sung forward, Lance jumped off at its highest peak, a few feet up in the air before barely sticking the landing, falling onto his knees for a few seconds before quickly hurrying back to his feet, getting his hands on his hips. "Ta-da!" Lance said. Hunk laughed. "Good one, Lance!" Hunk cheered. Lance winked at Keith. "Beat that!" Lance teased. Shiro looked down at his watch. "Hey guys, getting hungry yet? I think we should head back soon." Shiro said with a soft smile. Hunk whined a bit, looking up at Shiro. "Already?" Hunk asked. "Yeah. Allura did invite us over for dinner. It would be rude to keep her waiting." Shiro said, rubbing Hunk's head. Hunk smiled, looking over at Katie. "Hey Katie! You hungry yet? I think I'll be up for some cookies." Hunk cooed.

Keith grinned, not backing down from Lance's challenge one bit. He kept pushing the swing, swinging faster and harder if it was even possible. The wing seemed to grown and even scream in pain, the chains clattering violently with the stationary pole as Keith pushed his limits. When Lance jumped, Keith jumped right after. As always, it was too close to tell who could've won. Keith grinned and looked over to his adoptive brother.

"I totally beat you." Keith said, crossing his arms with the proudest look on his face.

Katie meanwhile couldn't help but shiver when the swings started to jerk violently from Lance and Keith's competition. It was so harsh, Katie could feel the rough vibrations through her chain and seat. She sniffled and began to whine softly, afraid of the violent swinging and the idea of them falling off.

"M-Meee-ehhhhh....." She cried silently, sniffling once more as tears whelled up in her eyes. Even once it was all over and Hunk began to talk to her, she still seemed shaken up.

Lance stared back at Keith with mouth agape. "No way! I totally beat you this time!" Lance insisted, smiling no less as he did. "I think you both ended up in a tie!" Hunk said cheerfully, much to Lance's dismay. "Again?" Lance asked, to which Hunk nodded. Lance groaned. "...well...I guess we can settle for a tie...this time." Lance said rather over-dramatically as he got a hand on his chest, offering his free hand to Keith for a handshake of truce. Shiro heard Katie whine softly, and he was quickly at her side, gently picking her up in his arms. "There there Katie. No need to be afraid." Shiro quickly cooed, gently rubbing her head as he pecked her cheeks. "How about we start to head back, alright?" Shiro suggested, looking over at his boys. "Alright scouts! Time to head back for some lunch. All back to the mothership, paladins." Shiro said playfully, holding Katie gently in his arms. Lance jumped up at the orders, smiling as he saluted. "Blue Paladin Lance reporting for duty! To the mothershiiiiip!" Lance said as he began to hurry back to the car. Hunk got off his swing before looking up at Katie. "Is she ok?" Hunk asked worried. "She's fine, just got a bit scared from the swings, it seems." Shiro assured as he looked at Keith and offered one of his hands. "Ready to go back, Red Paladin?"

Katie seemed to be rather fussy, sniffling as she rested in Shiro's arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck and puffed her cheeks like a chipmunk.

"Lance is too loud..." She uttered, glaring over to her older brother.

Once Keith recieved the news that it was a tie, he stretched and cracked his knuckles. "It might be too close to tell, but I still know I won." He said with a mischievous grin, grabbing onto Lance's hand for the truce. "But I'll let you have this moment... For now." As everyone was going to go to the car, Keith looked up to Shiro and pouted.

"I can take care of myself... But I'll just hold your hand so you won't worry or whatever." It honestly didn't even make sense, but the excuse did to him at the very least.

Shiro chuckled softly. That wouldn't be the first time he heard that one. "He is. But if he wasn't, he wouldn't be Lance, now would he?" Shiro said with a smile. He held Keith's hand and walked with everyone back to the car. Lance was quick to crawl into the back, taking the very back seat to himself as he always did. Hunk took his own seat as Shiro settled down Katie in hers. "Lance, don't be too loud on the way back. You kind of scared Katie back there." Shiro said as he looked up at Lance, who was already distracting himself with the back window. "Yes dad!" Lance said cheerfully. "Lance, did you take Katie to the viewing area?" Hunk asked. Lance smiled and looked back at his brother. "Heck yeah! She saw a bunch of cool stuff down there, didn't you Katie? I'm totally now almost the best brother ever." Lance said with a small smirk. "It's so muddy down there it's a bit hard to see the bottom." Hunk hummed. He gasped and turned to Katie. "Hey Katie. How about one day we go to the Aquarium? It's like there, but much much bigger, and with lots more fish."

Keith climbed into the car, stretching from his time of play. The young boy still had much more energy left in his system, but he'll be fine. He wasn't Lance.

"Oh yeah, we're going to your girlfriend now right Shiro?" Keith asked nonchalant.

Katie meanwhile yawned softly in her seat, shooting a unamused glance in Lance's direction as she held onto her plushie yet again. She couldn't help but widen her eyes at Hunk's suggestion.

"...I wanna go." She whispered softly.

(I was thinking maybe we could have something where Katie almost gets kidnapped? Like, she ends up wandering off by accident or looses track of everyone and someone tries to grab her but Lance is there to stop it, which causes Katie to be much closer to Lance)