Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lady Aleister

Roleplay Of Monsters and Men [1x1 with Stardustblade358]

"Ahh, okay..." Allan said before Michael brought him to his room, him waiting patiently outside.

Now he knows where Michael's room was. Michael opened the door and was hiding something, before revealing it to him. 

It was a gigantic book, Allan took it with both hands. Allan smiled. A book. It wasn't a bad gift at all. 

"Thank you, Michael. I love it." He smiled up at his partner. 

"I will try to study as much I can from it so I can try to work harder! I promise that you will be able to rely on me." Allan was already beginning to flip through the book, stopping himself and looking back up to Michael. 

"S-Sorry. Thank you so much, Michael." He smiled. 

"Ah! We have to write our reports!" Allan quickly closed the book, waving goodbye to Michael.

"I'll see you tomorrow I guess." he walked away happily, holding the book tightly in his arms, going to write his report about the mission today. 

Allan did not see Michael for the rest of the day, not even when he turned his report to The Warden. That was okay. Allan returned to his room later that night, showering, changing, sitting on his bed, and looking at that the book Michael gave him. 

MYTH & LEGENDS: THE SUPERNATURAL ENCYCLOPEDIA

"What's that?~" Theodosia relieved herself in front of Allan, her gentle glow lighting up the area around him.

"Something Michael gave me," he responded simply, turning to the index, finding ghost and turning to it. 

"Hmm~ A book. How did the Wendigo go~?" Theodosia asked casually, Allan looking up at her and closing the book.

"Not as smoothly as I would have liked." he sighed, brushing his hair out of his face.

"I'm like none of them, Theodosia. Michael, Draven, and Tabitha are so much more brave and strong than I am." he sighed.

Theodosia looked over at Allan.

"You'll get there." Theodosia smiled. 

"Theodosia, I don't know. If I wasn't careful today, I could have ended up dead. If I try to quit, I will be killed. I can't take chances. Michael is a vampire, Draven is a werecat, Tabitha is a ghoul that eats people. I know that people here aren't supposed to try to harm me, but that doesn't mean that people outside of M&M will not harm me. If I am not careful Theodosia, I will end up dead." Allan buried his head in his pillow. 

"I feel like Michael is the only one I can trust, but I can't even trust him. He is amazing, powerful, and sweet...but...I know that he is a vampire...not a human like me." 

Theodosia would have probably pat Allan's shoulder if her body didn't go through everything. 

"Hey Allan?" she called. 

Allan turned his head to her. 

"You're going to be okay. Goodnight." She smiled and disappeared back into the walls. 

Was she going to tell Michael? Of course!! Gossiping is what she does best. 

Michael had spent the rest of the day doing as he did. He wrote the report, he drank some dinner, he took a shower and proceeded to retire to his dorm, typing out some personal entries and reading up on the forums and news outlets. He didn't see Allan for the rest of the day, and he was ok with that. He figured he would need some space. The last thing he wanted was to hog him all over and make him feel uncomfortable. "Reading up on your heroic deeds?" Theodosia asked, phasing through the wall right above where Michael sat. Michael looked up, smiling before looking back at the news website. "Just making sure that we didn't leave anything behind." Michael said, exiting out of the news website and gently closing the laptop. "Need anything? Did Draven sneak another cat into his dorm?" He asked. "I wish, but no." Theodosia said, floating downwards, floating next to Michael. "It's about Allan." Theodosia said. Michael was quick to sit up at the mention of his name. "Is he alright?" "Oh, he's fine." Theodosia smiled softly. "Physically, at least. It's just...having a small crisis over his position here." "That's to be expected. Most, if not all humans have that." "Yes. He is...truly terrified. He compares himself with you and the rest. A human against a supernatural. He fears he is not good enough to make it through this job alive. He fears he can't even trust anyone that isn't human like him. Not even you." Theodosia explained. Michael blinked, and sighed, nodding softly. "I...understand. To be the odd one out. It's terrifying." Michael looked over across his desk, a familiar picture standing in a frame. "To know that there are beings more powerful than you, that can kill you so easily, and having no way out. It's either fight or fight. You die either way." "What will you do?" "I'll give him time. Let him unravel. He has only started, and sure, he is human, but he is skilled. He has a lot to learn, and I have a feeling he'll be a quick learner." Michael looked up at Theodosia. "I will have his back no matter what, no matter how small or big the problem. He's my partner. Nothing less. I...I have a really good feeling about him. Reminds me of-!" Michael cut himself short from the name, pursing his lips as he shook his head. Theodosia chuckled. "I'm glad you got partnered up with him. If I'm being honest...this will be good for you too." Theodosia said. Michael hummed, turning to the picture frame before gently turning it face down. "I won't fail this time." He stood up. "I better get some rest. I'm exhausted." Michael said, climbing onto bed. "I'll go bother someone else then...good night, Michael." "Good night Theodosia. Michael said, turning the lights off before pulling on the curtains of his bed, the curtains quickly closing down as he drifted to sleep.

Allan managed to sleep that night, despite the horrors of the day before. He woke up not from alarms, but from his clock, getting dressed and ready for the day. Allan thought about looking at his book that morning but had read a good bit the evening before. He had folded down a page in the chapter about vampires...probably because Michael had glued himself to his mind. Allan climbed in on the elevator before his phone went off. It was a call from Warden. 

"Othello. It's Warden. I would usually make a big deal about this but due to yesterdays events, I will keep this between you and Mr. Cassio. There has been a report of an armed robbery. The subject is a Minotaur. Michael already knows and is waiting on you. Get your ass over to the parking lot. You, Cassio, Draven, and Tabitha did an amazing job yesterday. Due to your success, we will continue sending you on missions." 

"Yes Ma'am." That was all Allan said, pressing another button on the elevator, folding up his phone, and jumping out as soon as the elevator doors opened, running through the parking lot and finding Michael's car where he was already waiting.

A text was sent to Michael and Allan, Allan relaying it back to Michael. 

"Subject: Minotaur, name unknown. 

The suspect is still at the gas station, will be on the move. Drives silver van with license plate number 45812 according to security cameras. Use extreme caution, the subject is clearly upset."

Michael was already there, watching as Allan strapped in. "First a Wendigo and now a thieving Minotaur? This has not been our week." Michael said as Draven spoke over the radio. "Alright. We'll come from the North and you come from the South, we have to block the entrances and exits." Draven said. Michael revved up the engine as his sirens played loudly, driving off towards the gas station at the given coordinates. "How the hell are we going to explain this one?" Michael muttered. "We currently have the news reporting that it is a man inside an elaborate costume." Tabitha said. "You really think they'll believe that?" Michael asked. "Nope!" Draven added. "Right. Normal bullets should do damage on this guy. Problem, he has thick skin so it might take a few rounds." Michael said, driving as they reached their location in tandem with Draven and Tabitha. They both drifted as they turned their cars, stopping them across the exit and entrance of the Gas Station, the suspect's car right in the middle of it. "The suspect is still inside. I can smell him from here." Draven hissed. "Be wary, there might be people still inside." Michael said. "Call out for him?" Tabitha suggested. Michael reached inside, taking out the microphone as he activated the car's speakers. "We know you're in there! We have you surrounded! Step out of the station with your hands up and surrender peacefully!" Michael yelled through the speaker. Draven had his head up, listening to any sound that came from the inside. There was not much change for a few moments other than the shuffling of something inside. Suddenly, Draven yelled. "TABITHA, INCOMING!" Tabitha wasted no time, her eyes turning as black as coal as she jumped over the car and in front of the gasoline dispensers. Suddenly, a large metallic shelf crashed right through the windows of the front of the gas station from the inside. From Tabitha's lower back, a large red appendage emerged, swerving in front of her before slicing the shelf right in half, the two pieces flying to the side, landing by the cars, avoiding a possible deadly collision between that and the stored gasoline. From the store, the Minotaur stepped out, a bag of money held in one hand as it held a gun in the other. "Drop your weapon and surrender!" Tabitha yelled. The Minotaur simply huffed, anger in his eyes as it charged straight at Tabitha. Tabitha blocked with her tail, only to suddenly be punched across her side, sending her flying across a few feet into the air. "Tabitha!" Draven pointed his gun, Michael raising his arm. "Be careful of the gasoline! We could cause an explosion!" The Minotaur quickly hurried to its car. "He's going to get away!" Tabitha yelled, getting up from her feet as she ran at the car, stabbing her tail into the back mirror, shattering it and wrapping herself around it as the Minotaur took off, dragging her behind with him. "Shit!" Michael got inside the car. "Suspect is on the run, we're in pursuit!" Michael revved the car, and so the chase began.

Now that the group was away from the gasoline, Allan could start firing, but he couldn't quite do so yet. Michael revved his engine and sent Allan back in his seat, the force of the car causing him to freeze for a second. He scrambled to get some regular bullets into his gun as Michael's car turned out of the gas station quickly, Allan having to keep himself firmly in place with his feet due to his seatbelt being unbuckled. The Minotaurs car was older and nowhere as nice as Michael's, but it could pick up some speed, but both Michael and the Minotaur would have to be extremely careful, as they were going down a mountain, there were other cars in the road, and there were some sharp turns. 

Allan held on tightly as Michael took the first turn, the Minotaur's van scrapped against the guardrail as he turned the curve, Michael was about up to sixty miles per hour now. Thankfully, Michael was a good driver and Allan didn't have to worry about hitting any other cars around him, unlike the  Minotaur, who was scraping against several cars as he passed them by. Good. It was slowing him down.  Allan cocked his pistol.

"I'm going to take the tires out." Allan carefully ducked his head out the window, having to reach back in as Michael went around another curve. Bang. Bang. Missed. 

"Damnit." Allan cursed. 

They took one more curve and then it was a straight shot down the rest of the mountain. Allan had to get the Minotaur before he reached Monstro. 

"Hold on a second Michael..." Allan reached his head back out, his body almost to his waist out of the car window, him holding on tight to the car with one hand and aiming with the other. 

Bang. Missed. Bang. Hit the back window. Getting closer. Bang. Ricocheted, Bang. It hit the back tire!! 

Allan gave a shout of joy, the Minotaurs van spinning out, hitting the guardrail near the end of the mountain, their car decelerating from about 90 miles per hour and getting behind the Minotaur's vehicle.

"Vehicle down. Confronting subject." Allan came over the radio, refilling his bullets quickly before jumping out of the car, followed by his partner.

The Minotaur came stumbling out with gun in hand, Allan still holding his close to him. The Minotaur was drunk, you could see it in his eyes and you could smell it, even Allan could smell it. 

"Drop the gun sir! Surrender now!" Allan was trying to be brave, copying what he saw Michael do earlier. 

"And what if I don't...little human boy." The Minotaur gave a laugh, Allan tensing up some. 

"We, as agents of M&M, will have to act how we see fit." Allan responded, holding his ground.

"A little human working in that place of monsters!!!" The Minotaur laughed, "You humans are so easy to get rid of...".

There was a tough line between deadly and non-deadly, especially with supernaturals. If you held back, you would be killed. If you went all out, you could cause unnecessary deaths. In this line of work, no one wanted the latter. Michael drove, concentrating on the road ahead, careful of the other vehicles as he kept up with the suspect. He could barely keep his attention away from his partner as he would lean out the window to try and gets a good shot at the suspect. "Nice shot!" Michael cheered as he saw Allan take out the suspect's tire, sending the suspect out of control before finally coming to a stop. Once Michael stopped the car, he followed Allan out. "Suspect highly intoxicated. Requesting extra large vehicle for transport on standby." Michael called over the radio, eyeing the suspect. Michael was quick to stand by his partner, standing his ground with him. "M&M's responsibility involves the safety of both humans and monsters alike. Until humanity is ready to accept our existence, we will work in order to make the world safe for both! And currently, you are disturbing that existence in a reckless manner! Put the gun down before you do something you regret!" Michael yelled, his gun close as he watched his movements. The Minotaur slurred something under his breath, clumsily holding its gun as it waved it around. Michael's eyes were more focused on the gun than anything else. "Little humans...think that this is their world alone...they should know better." The Minotaur huffed, growling as it glared at Allan. The Minotaur took a single step forward, only receiving a low growl from Michael in response, which caused the Minotaur to laugh. "Humans...need to be taught a lesson of who rules this world!" The Minotaur hissed. Suddenly it pulled its gun up and shot at the two. Michael quickly stepped in front of Allan, the bullets hitting him with no damage as he shot back. From behind the Minotaur, Tabitha jumped on its back, wrapping her tail around it's arms to keep him from trying to shoot anymore. The Minotaur roared, shaking wildly trying to get her off. "Guys!" Draven yelled, running over as he opened up a suitcase, containing a single gun and large syringe. A tranquilizer gun. "Too little and it won't do shit, too much and it'll stop his heart. Ryder sent this, it's the exact dose, but it has to hit." Draven said. Michael picked up the gun, loading it with the tranquilizer, before handing it to Allan. "We'll keep it busy, think you can land a hit while we do?"

As the Minotaur took a step towards Allan, he began to step back before being interrupted by the Minotaur's gunshot. Allan braced himself, but was not injured, Michael had stepped out in front of him, and took the bullets for Allan, both of them facing each other. Allan swallowed hard, turning his face to look up at Michael. Michael was unfazed, but Allan had to almost pry his hands onto the tranquilizer. If Michael wouldn't have just done that, he would have been dead. Allan held the tranquilizer firmly now. This Minotaur just tried to kill him. This Minotaur just had just shot his partner. 

"Yes sir," Allan said in all sincerity to Draven. 

Allan stepped back a bit from the action, watching Tabitha as she struggled to hold the Minotaur in place as it clawed at her tail appendages, Michael and Draven getting the gun away from him, and once they were clear of the way, Allan took aim, and carefully fired the tranquilizer, it flying through the air, and surprisingly landing successfully into the Minotaur's upper thigh, a place where it would work fast, a weaker spot for Minotaurs.

The Minotaur struggled a little more, and as the tranquilizer began its work, he stumbled and fell hard onto the asphalt below. 

Allan placed down the tranquilizer back in the case, rushing over to Michael, which was right now his first priority. 

"Michael, are you okay?" he touched his shoulder, generally concerned.

Michael probably was non-effected by the Minotaur's shots, but still. If Michael hadn't been there for Allan, he would have been killed. 

Tabitha crawled off the Minotaur, quickly retracting her tail as she grumbled under her breath. "How did this guy even get here? They're supposed to be restricted to the Secret Districts." Tabitha complained, looking up as Draven had parked across the road, blocking the way of the cars. The loud horns of annoyed drivers echoing as Draven covered his ears. "Considering the alcohol I can smell on this guy, I would take a guess he didn't really care about security." Draven said, waving at the cars as he showed off his police badge. "HEY, STOP WITH THE HORNS! THIS IS AN ACTIVE CRIME SCENE SO UNLESS YOU WANT TO JOIN THIS GUY IN THE BRIG I SUGGEST YOU CUT IT!" Draven yelled. Michael looked over to Allan. "Are you ok?" He asked in tandem with Allan asking him the same question. Michael blinked and looked down at himself. Right, he got shot. "I'm fine, Allan." Michael assured, looking down to reveal bullet holes and some of the actual bullets still stuck on his skin on his arms and torso, though barely any bleeding at all. "Normal bullets can't harm me. Silver bullets, however, can. Something about the purity of the metal is able to hurt me and many other creatures more than with standard steel or metal ones." Michael explained, reaching into his arm as he pulled out a bullet from his arm, grunting gently. As he did, the wound slowly, but surely, began to close itself up, skin attaching itself to seal. "See?" Michael looked over at Allan with a soft smile. "You're one hell of a shot, Allan. Seriously. It'd be a mistake to underestimate you with a gun." Allan joked. Soon there was the sound of a helicopter slowly approaching the area. "About time." Tabitha hummed. Suddenly, a message from the Warden herself;

"Good job out there. Tabitha and Draven, you are to stay behind to clear up the area and report the incident. Cassio and Othello, return to the base immediately and meet me in my office. I have something of importance to discuss with both of you."

"I've been shooting almost all my life. My father was a hunter." Allan smiled at Michael's compliment about his aim. 

"You continue to amazing me, Michael." he then drew his attention to Michael's car, the warden over the radio. 

She wanted both of them...and apparently, it was important. 

"Michael, it's the Warden. She wants us now." Allan motioned over to Michael's car, and the two were off. 

It did not take them long to get back to M&M, Tabitha and Draven would get the Minotaur back to M&M soon. Allan boarded the elevator with Michael up to the Wardens office. Whatever she wanted, it was important. Allan knocked on the door to the Warden's office. 

"Warden, it's Othello and Cassio." Allan called.

"Come on in," she called. 

Allan stepped into Warden's office cautiously. It was littered with pictures of her family and cut-outs of a specific man from a magazine...someone she probably supported. 

"Congratulations, Allan Othello." she stood up, smiling at him. 

"Congratulations?" 

"You have survived. That's something to celebrate." she laughed, covering her face with her hand as she did. 

"Thanks to the efforts of Agent Cassio and you, you are now able to become an official agent of M&M." The Warden presented a small black suitcase before Allan, opening it for him. 

"This is your kit. It contains special silver bullets like the ones you were given to fight the Wendigo with. Also, you get a silver dagger, which you will be expected to carry at all times, and a silver chain...which use is self-explanatory...and last but not least, your badge. It is different from your name tag and you can present it to suspects and regular people." The warden closed the briefcase and handed it to Allan. 

"Welcome to M&M." She smiled. 

Allan smiled slightly. 

"Thank you, Warden. It's been tough but I can keep going." he thanked, looking up at her.

"Good. Because we have a special mission for you and Michael both. At Solum Prison in the outskirts." The Warden handed Michael a file. 

"It will take a while to get over to the prison so that is why I am handing this to you now. Good luck you two." She waved them off.

"Take care." the Warden looked Michael in the eyes.

"Especially you." she did not verbalize this but kept it in her mind. 

Allan walked out of The Warden's office with the briefcase in hand. The two walked in silence for a while. 

"I don't know whether to be excited or devastated." Allan smiled and did something a little strange, hugging Michael's side for a split second.

"Thank you, Michael. If it hadn't been for you, I'd be dead." he let go, walking ahead of Michael to the elevator.

"Let's get ready! I'll meet you at the garage in about 10 minutes!" Allan called to Michael, opening the elevator, and making it close quickly, winking at Michael before the elevator doors fully closed. 

"Oh my god I can't believe I just did that." Allan blushed, sighing and looking at his watch. 

He would grab some clothes and some lunch before meeting up with Michael again.

(GaAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY)

Michael smiled happily as Allan was given his suitcase with his official badge. He had survived so far, and definitely deserved it. But that also meant that he would be available to be sent on more dangerous, serious cases and missions. But Michael wouldn't want it any other way. Allan had talent, and it would be a waste to not let it flourish. However, he didn't expect the following order. "(Solum Prison?!)" Michael thought, gripping his fist as he retained his composure. He took the file and stood up, following Allan out of the office. "We will get it done, Warden." Michael said, glancing back to catch the gleam in the Warden's eye, one too familiar to him. He simply looked away, closing the door behind the two of them. Allan didn't say anything, and Michael couldn't think of what to actually say. Before he could speak however, Allan had given him a hug, thanking him for saving his life. Michael surely didn't expect it, gently and briefly hugging back. "It's...fine. You're my partner, right?" Michael asked, smiling softly. "(It's my duty.)" He thought, but simply nodded as Allan told him that he would meet up with him in around 10 minutes, needing time to prepare. "I'll meet you there, Allan." Michael said, waving as the elevator door closed. He lowered his hand, turning away as he made his way to the armory. He restocked in what he needed, silver bullets, and other things. He reached underneath his bed, pulling out a black suitcase and setting it on his bed. "Been a while since I brought you out." Michael muttered, opening the suitcase up to reveal a silver plated cane. He put on his gloves before picking it up, spinning it in his hands before tapping it against the floor beneath. "The show goes on." Michael said, walking out of his room with his cane and file. He hurried over to the parking lot, turning the car on as he waited for Allan. He opened the file, taking a peek of it as he tapped his cane against the floor momentarily.

CASE #29749

DETAILS: There has been disturbing reports of terrible accidents and deaths within Solum Prison. Prevention methods to increase security have not worked in stopping or decreasing the incidents. The deaths have all been ruled to have been the result of unlikely accidents and unfortunate events. However, the continuous deaths of these inmates leads us to believe that there is something bigger and uncontrolled going on within the prison. You are to investigate and find the source of the problems and deal with it swiftly. Caution of your gear and yourselves is advised. You will receive help from the local authorities, but they cannot get in the way of your investigation. Deadly force is authorized if the need arises. You will be greeted by the Prison Director, Richard Velazquez.

In the mess hall, members ate and talked about their day as others simply ate quickly to continue on with their duties. Kirius stood by the bar area of the mess hall, talking to some members, one of them being Draven, who was drinking. His favorite drink, milk mixed with alcohol. Kirius smiled as he saw Allan walk in. "Hey Allan. Heard you have a big one coming up. Let me serve you something real quick." Kirius said a she hurried to make something for Allan. Draven looked back, waving at Allan over. "I heard you're going to Solum. You better be careful. It's a prison of monsters, after all."

"I'll be alright Kirius. If I survived a Wendigo I should be okay. Plus, I have Michael. Oh...check this out!!" Allan reached in his coat pocket, showing Kirius his new badge. 

"The Warden and Director Evington made me an official member now!" he smiled brightly.

"I understand why there are very few humans working here now." he kind of laughed that off as Kirius gave him his to-go plate. 

"Can I get Michael one of those blood baggy things he drinks? Just to be nice." Allan added right after he was handed his plate.

"Sure. One second..." Kirius held up a finger and came back in a few with two blood bags in a plastic bag so Allan wouldn't have to carry them around so inconveniently. Congratulations, by the way, Allan. Just remember to be safe out there." Kirius bid Allan farewell and Allan grabbed up his bag, which contained his new weapons, probably too many silver bullets, some clothes just in case, and his new book.

"Yes sir! Thank you!" Allan waved goodbye to Draven and Kirius. Despite a rough day yesterday and a rough morning, this afternoon has made up for a lot. 

Allan spotted Michael's red car, and tossed his stuff in the back seat, remembering to get the book Michael had given him out of his bag before sitting down with his meal.

"I got you these just in case." Allan handed Michael the plastic bag containing the two blood bags.

They then headed out. Allan read the case file as they began to leave the city and he had finished eating. 

"This sounds fun." Allan brushed his hair out of his face, looking over to Michael.

"I'll read up on the way there." he placed his hand on the book, opening it up, and continuing his studies.

If this was a prison full of monsters, he needed to know who he was dealing with. 

Kirius watched as Allan ran off, gently resting against the bar with a worried expression on his face. "He seems too happy to be going to Solum Prison." Kirius hummed. "He just got his badge. He's excited and happy that he's survived far enough to be considered an actual member. Everyone's like that at this stage." Draven said as he drank his milk. "Yes but..." Kirius said, pursing his lips. Draven waved at him. "He'll be fine. For a human, he's as stubborn as a mule. He has skill. Besides, if he hasn't learned something, he's sure to learn it at the prison." Draven said as he waved his glass. "One more please." 

Michael smiled at Allan, but was surprised to see him bring him two blood bags for him. "For me? Thank you!" Michael said, taking the bag gratefully. These would do good on the way over. Usually a Vampire would require a body full of blood to last at least a month before beginning to feel hungry. But in small doses, it was more like how humans needed at least one meal a day to function. He got into the car, watching as Allan strapped in for the ride. "Solum Prison is intentionally isolated from major cities, so it will take a few hours." Michael said as he offered Allan the mission file. He revved up the car, driving out of the parking lot as they began to make their way northwest, taking the highway out of the city. Michael searched for something, taking out a CD with the word 'FAVORITES' written down with black marker. "How about some music? These ones are a bit older from your time, but they're still pretty good." Michael said, inserting the CD as it began to play its first song, La Mer (Beyond the Sea). It was a long drive over, and no doubt they would reach the place by nightfall. They drove outside the city limits and into the roads that crossed the forests in between. At some point, Michael took an exit to the west, leading them up local roads as they drove through one or two towns on their way over as they went up a heavily forested mountain. They drove up a single, seemingly abandoned road, that led up to a dead end, a large fall in between the two sides of the seemingly broken road, most covering the mountain. Michael looked over to Allan, never slowing down as they drove right towards the end of the road. "Don't scream." Michael warned, turning back to the road. Just as they reached the end, instead of falling to their deaths, the car continued onward, an invisible bridge allowing them to cross through the mist covered area. He smiled as they finally reached the other end of the road, going up the mountain again as the road behind them disappeared in the mist. Finally they drove into the clearing of the mountain, and up ahead stood the large Solum Prison. The compound was absolutely huge, with multiple buildings on either side with a massive one in the middle with many towers, all standing on a cliff overlooking the sea. There were windmills and farmlands surrounding the compound, a large water distillery right beneath the building itself at the base of the cliff. "Here we are." Michael said, driving on the main road towards the main building. From time to time, there were these very large Gargoyle statues by the main road, watching over it. If Allan payed close attention, he could see them slowly turn their heads towards them, watching them drive on.

(Working long shifts both Saturday and Sunday so I might as well post now.)

The ride to Solum was long and a tiny bit exciting...but more long than exciting. Allan fell asleep at least once, and fell between reading the book about monsters, asking Michael weird questions, and listening to the older music Michael liked. Once they pulled into Solum, the sun had set, Michael parking the car and Allan pulling put his things, staring at the Gargoyles long enough to see some blink before the person they were waiting for, Solum Prison Director Richard Velázquez came to greet them.

"Agents Michael Cassio and Allan Othello." Richard was followed by two guards, one a minotaur, the other a centaur.

Richard shook their hands.

"Welcome to hell." he motioned for them to follow him inside.

What a wonderful welcome.

"As you know from the report you should have received, people have been getting caught up in mysterious accidents that has lead to their deaths. I'm not an investigator, I'm a prison director. That is why I called M&M. Your investigation begins as soon as possible. We only have one security guard room you two get to stay in due to how many we have had to hire lately. I do not know if I will be of any help, but if you need me, I will be available if you look hard enough. Good luck." Richard was brief, the Minotaur and Centaur leading both Allan and Michael to the extra room.

Once the two were in silence though, Allan looked at Michael a little confused.

"Was that guy just a little rude or...?" He looked around.

It was a dull place, of course, it was a prison, and it was the middle of the night.

"Michael, I think I'm going to pull an all-nighter. How safe is this place at night?" Allan placed his bag down, peeking out the small window in the room.

Something was just off about this place.

(Shitty post 101. Still don't know what creature Richard is/should be.)

Clouds were covering the sky, the small rumble of thunder beginning to echo across the sky. Michael hummed as he set his cane against the given table. "It's a prison. The whole point of this place is security." Michael said, looking over at Allan. "We should be fine. This is the residential area of the prison. We're surrounded by staff as it is. No need to worry." Michael said as he got a hand on Allan's shoulder. "You're my partner, and I won't let any harm come to you." He assured, turning to the bed. "We only have one, but we can definitely share." Michael said as he kicked off his shoes, looking over at Allan. "I'll take left and you right?"

The two managed to sleep for a few hours, the storm raging outside. However, suddenly, right in the middle of the night, a loud alarm rang across the prison, jolting both detectives awake. Michael jumped, his senses sharpened as he grabbed his cane from the side of the bed as his other arm quickly went to cover Allan. The alarm, just as it was loud however, was rather brief, gone in a few moment's time as soon as it had come on. Suddenly their room door opened, and without hesitation, Michael swung his cane, the pieces of the cane itself expanding into a bladed whip that landed right next to the actual doorway. Richard, the prison director, didn't even flinch at how close that came to his face, simply taking a glance at it before turning to the detectives. "My apologies to wake you up at such hour. I fear I don't even have breakfast for you." Richard said as he waved his hand. Richard looked, by all means and purposes, like a normal human. But his authority remained undisputed. "Now, hurry if you would. It appears we have a fresh crime scene for the two of you." Richard said, stepping out of the room. Michael looked over at Allan, before the two quickly equipping themselves up before heading back out, where Richard and his men awaited them to escort them. "Right then. Follow me." Richard said, turning on his heels as he began to walk away, Michael and Allan following behind as the other guards watched their backs. "Is this another 'accident'?" Michael asked. "Yes it appears so. As your report most likely warned you, there have been many 'accidents' for the past few months. It is beginning to become an annoyance, and a worry. So far, it has only been prisoners. But I worry that my staff might be next if this is not stopped." Richard explained. "What are our rules?" Michael asked. "You may explore the prison at your desire if you think it will help with the investigation. The cell rooms, the library, the gym, the recreation room, the infirmary, even the farms if it pleases you. However, you may not enter the A and S levels. You may question prisoners if you think it will help you with your investigation, just notify my guards before attempting to enter their cell." Richard explained as they entered one of the many cell areas. As they walked down the hall, they could see the many prisoners in the cells wearing their bright orange uniforms. Some whispered among themselves, looking over at the detectives curiously, specifically at Allan. "Do you smell that?" "It's a human!" "A human!" "No way! I didn't know they hired humans in the M&M." "What a cute looking human." One prisoner whistled, winking at Allan, only for Michael to snap his head at him so fast that the prisoner got whiplash, quickly throwing itself against his cell wall. "Here we are." Richard said, opening the cell. There lay the prisoner, laying against the wall. He was young, having elf like ears and sharpened teeth. His eyes were still open, wide and dull, as if he had died from being scared to death. Its hands were still clutching the floor beneath, leaving scratch marks against it. Fresh bruises were around his hands and neck, however, slowly showing up as time passed. "The prisoner's name is Hans Lietch. Here for arson. Has been here for about two years. Anything else you may ask my men. If you need me, I'll be in my office." With that, Richard turned, waving at the two. "Good luck."

~*SOLUM PRISON ARC: BEGIN*~

Edited by Stardustblade358

"I guess getting rest is a better idea..." Allan agreed with Michael.

Was it strange to share a bed with his partner? Yes. Yes it was. Did either of them mind? No. No they did not. Allan was a light sleeper so between the storm and being in an unfamiliar environment, he unsurprisingly did not sleep that much at all. HOWEVER, he had finally actually gotten to sleep probably thirty minuets before the alarm had gone off, so the alarm going off, did certainly awaken him fully.

"What was that...?" Allan whispered to Michael before the door swung open, Allan hiding quickly behind Michael.

There was no reason to hide though. It was Richard. An accident has just occurred...fresh and ready to investigate. Splendid. Michael asked their limitations on travel in the prison.

"Why can we not enter the S and A rank levels?" Allan asked as the group began to walk down the hall.

"If you want to go back to M&M alive you will not enter, nor will you ask dumb questions to me." Richard warned, high in his authority.

Allan did not say anything back. He was more concerned about the prisoners, who were eyeballing him like fresh meat. Allan stepped a little closer to Michael. He could not disguise his scent, but at least nobody would mess with Michael. As soon as the prisoner whistled, Allan flicked them off as soon as Michael scared the shit out of them. They arrived at the cell very shortly after, a young elf sitting propped up in the corner, his dead eyes wide, deep bruises on his neck. This elf was strangled to death.

"This was no accident, and I can say that already." Allan said after Richard left.

He kneeled down, closing the poor elves eyes.

"There might have been more than one person involved in this as well...judging by the marks on his hands..." Allan looked down, examining the boys wrist. Someone had been holding him back, or he'd been tied up.

"Do you have files on these other 'accidents'?" Allan asked the two guards outside the cell.

Michael looked down at the victim, kneeling down. "He's still warm." Michael said, looking around the room for anymore clues. One of the officers guarding by the door was quick to answer, quickly fumbling around some documents that were left with them by Richard. "Yes sir. Here you go." The guard said, handing over manila folder containing multiple brief reports of the numerous deaths. The reports went as followed;

NAME: Milo Wilmot

SPECIES: Nymph Hybrid

Prisoner was instructed to clean the tool shed. Noted missing after not showing up for supper. Milo was found decapitated inside the tool shed, a bloody axe next to him. The axe provided no fingerprints. Case remains unsolved.

NAME: Joe Schuyler

SPECIES: Dwarf

Last seen in his cell at curfew. Witnesses say that they heard him whispering to someone. Was noted missing from his cell at morning roll call. Cell records say that his cell was never opened in the hours he went missing. Case remains unsolved.

NAME: Thomas Olson

SPECIES: Were-Hyena

Last seen in his cell at curfew. Was noted missing from his cell at morning roll call. Was found hanging by a rope from the second floor of the Library balcony. Self defense marks suggest struggle at the moment of the hanging. ATB shows attempts at transformation at multiple moments before death. The rope provided no fingerprints. No cells were opened on the night he went missing. Ruled as possible suicide.

NAME: Harry Synnott

SPECIES: Human (Warlock)

Prisoner was last seen cleaning up the dishes as tasked to. About an hour later was found with his head dipped inside a pot of water. Autopsy reveals that the cause of death was drowning from the water inside the pot. Scratches on the surfaces suggest that the prisoner struggled against whoever forced him down. There were no footprints, and surveillance footage in the dinning hall showed no one entering or exiting the kitchen area. Case remains unsolved.

Michael checked the victim. Chocked to death, but silent enough to not cause a ruckus until someone finally took notice? That was odd. Michael proceeded to look around his cell. It was the same standard cell as everyone else, plus the personal items. He hummed, thinking of something before turning to the mattress. He proceeded to lift the mattress up, smirking when he found what he was looking for. "Here we go." Michael said, picking up the tattered looking journal hidden beneath the mattress. As he settled the mattress down he began to flip through some of the most recent entries. Some spoke of the concern of the accidents. Others spoke of this lovely young woman, another prisoner in the system. There were ripped out pages, instead replaced with folded up pink papers, all written in a completely different hand-writing. Love letters from the woman, it seems. Her name was Alissa. The very last entry spoke of Alissa's urgency to talk to him when they met briefly in the dinning hall. "I think we might have a place to start." Michael said, pulling out what seemed to be a photo of the young woman, obviously given to him by her herself. He walked over to the officers. "Do you know who this might be, someone names Alissa?" Michael asked. The officer quickly took out an electronic pad, typing something in it as he searched. "There is an Alissa Rennolls incarcerated within this facility in the female section of the C sector." The officer confirmed. "I believe we should interview her as soon as possible, once my partner finishes his assessment."

Allan looked down at all the files, scanning through each of them. There was no similar occurrence in species, all were male, and one was missing. All might have been killed but one. Allan handed Michael the files.

"Finding Mr. Schuyler would be nice." he looked over at Michael and smiled slightly. 

Michael then found a notebook...a lead. 

"Let's go interview her...if that's okay." Allan said to the guards. 

The guards slowly lead Allan and Michael to section C, which was full of women instead of men. Doing almost the exact same thing as the men, they all marveled at the arrival of Allan and Michael...but they had their eyes set on Michael. 

"A human and a vampire!!" 

"So cute!" 

There were more swoons and Allan made sure to walk close to Michael. They approached a cell, a girl maybe around Hans' age sitting on a bed, and upon seeing Allan and Michael, her face dropped. The guards opened the door for Allan and Michael, both stepping in. 

"Ms. Alissa Rennolls?" Allan walked a little closer.

"That is me." she replied. 

Her voice was shaking some, and upon closer inspection, tears were running down her face. 

"Hans is dead. I know." she shook her head.

Allan placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"Clairvoyant. I warned him and warned him. Told him to be more careful..." she wiped some tears from her eyes.

"He was strangled to death in his cell..." Allan told her, which only got her upset again.

"Oh great job Allan just make the woman cry more." 

"My partner found a notebook containing several love letters from you to him...and we were wondering if you could help us out some?" he was trying to be as gentle as possible with this, but to be brutally honest, Allan was not good with girls. 

Michael read up on the files on their way over. No fingerprints on any of the weapons or its surroundings that could be ruled out of place. No witnesses. No clues. Not even pieces of the individual. It was like if they were never there to begin with. Michael began to conclude in different factors; whoever responsible knew the prison enough to know hidden pathways away from the security cameras, and even from the cells. "(Are we dealing with an inmate...or a guard?)" Michael thought as they reached the cell. He ignored the cat calls from the ladies, focusing on the task ahead, questioning the Clairvoyant by the name of Alissa. When they reached the cell, Alan was quick to begin the interrogation, Michael watching Alissa as she confirmed their suspicions. Alissa sobbed into her hands, wiping away her tears as they came down. "I will try..." Alissa said between sobs, looking up at Allan. "I am able to see things, as a Clairvoyant. Some are voluntary, some are not. When I received a dream about the deaths, I didn't think much of it...but then I saw his future and..." She hiccuped. "I tried to warn him...!!!" Michael took a step forward. "You're telling me you dreamed of the other's deaths too?" Michael asked. "Yes." "Why didn't you say anything?" "What good would it do? If I said anything, not only would I be seen as a suspect, I might probably be targeted as well!" She insisted. Michael pursed his lips, crossing his arms. "Fair enough..." Michael hummed, looking down at Alissa. "Yet, you still dreamed. If there is anything that you can tell us that might help us catch their killer, it would be appreciated." Michael said. Alissa, looked down at her hands, then back up at the two. "Well...when I saw the death of the cook, I saw it from a...strange point of view. I believe that he might've left something behind. Maybe it will help you...?" Alissa asked, gently getting her hands on Allan. "Please find out who did this. For Hans." Alissa asked. Michael nodded, looking back at the officers. "Could you show us where the murder of Harry Synnott took place?" Michael asked. "Yes. We will take you to the kitchen area." The officers said, looking at each other. Michael looked over to Allan. "I'm not liking this one bit."

Everything just did not add up. Four dead bodies, one missing, and no explanation other than the fact that somebody or something was being very sneaky, so sneaky a clairvoyant could not even properly see a death occur. Alissa knew what was going to happen, but the death she saw of Mr. Synnott was seen at a weird angle. 

"Things just aren't adding up," Allan said quietly to Michael as they walked down to the kitchen.

The kitchen...looked completely normal. Mr. Synnott's body must have been removed days ago and there wasn't much to investigate. Nevertheless, Allan looked around, in every nook and cranny possible for just some sort of evidence. There was one nook however that threw Allan off a little. The size of the gap between the floor and the bottom of the fridge was...visually larger than it usually should be. 

"Michael, come here." Allan beckoned him over. 

Allan got down on his knees, looking down under the fridge, getting out his phone flashlight and shining it. There was something under there. Allan carefully reached his hand under the fridge, pulling whatever it was out. It was...a camera? Allan flipped the battery switch. It was dead. 

"How did this get under there?" he asked the two guards. 

They shrugged. 

"Well Mr. Richard would be interested to know about this...and the footage on it. Lead us to him." Allan held up the camera. 

Who hides a camera under a fridge? 

Michael looked over to Allan, nodding in agreement. "I've never encountered something like this before. It's...wild." Michael whispered back. As they entered the kitchen, Allan was quick to find something out of place. He followed Allan, watching him reach underneath the gap of the fridge only to pull out..a camera? "What the hell?" Michael asked. He looked back at the guards alongside with Allan, the guards looking at each other and then back at the detectives. "Those aren't even allowed outside personal quarters." One of the guards said. They were quick to lead them to Richard's office. It was located in one of the towers of the housing sector. The officers knocked on the door. "Director, the detectives wish to speak with you." One of them asked. "Let them in." Richard said. The officers opened the door, allowing the two in. The office was rather normal, though it contained one of the best views in the prison. On the very back, behind the desk and chair, was an arched window that reached from floor to ceiling, allowing view of the prison from a high point of view, a view of the farmlands and property of the prison, the forest and its mountains in the horizon. Richard sat on his desk, working on his computer before standing for the detectives. "Detectives. Have you found the culprit yet? My prisoners not giving you trouble, Othello? Us humans should stick together in these kind of things." Richard said. "We didn't find the culprit, but we believe to have found a witness." Michael explained a she gestured the camera in Allan's hands. Richard hummed, stepping forward. "A camera?" "Detective Othello found it hidden beneath the kitchen fridge." "I see. May I?" Richard asked, extending his hand for the camera. He took it, taking a look at it. "You're thinking that it might've recorded the murder." Richard asked. "Yes." "Very well. Let's see what we can get out of this, shall we?" Richard said, gesturing for them to come around the desk. Richard took a seat. He searched the camera, opening up the battery case to reveal its SD card. He removed it before inserting it into his computer, accessing the files. He opened up the folder, showing multiple recordings. He began to play the last entry.

The video began, showing the victim, Harry as he settled the camera on the kitchen counter so it would record him as he washed the dishes. "Hey mom! Been a while since my last entry. Sorry about that, I've been pretty busy with the chores given to me. Just a few months before probation though, so I should be able to see you soon!" Harry spoke, casually washing the dishes given to him. For a few minutes in, everything seemed normal, just Harry talking about his rehabilitation classes and what he had experienced so far. At this point, he filled a large pot with water and set it down, allowing the water to soak in. Suddenly, he gasped, his body freezing in place as it shook. "W...What's going on?!" Harry asked. "I...I can't move!" Suddenly, without warning, Harry slammed his head into the water pot. Or as slammed into it, forced his head underwater by an unseen and unknown entity. Harry struggled to get away as the entity kept him under the water, leaving nail scratches against the surface as he flailed around. His erratic movements ended up smacking the camera off the counter top, before accidentally kicking it right underneath the fridge. All they could see were Harry's feet, listening to him struggle before it suddenly became silent, the body going limp. The rest of the video goes on until the camera runs out of battery.

"How terrible." Michael gasped, struggling to even look at it. However, once it was done, Michael was quick to point something out. "Wait, could we possibly go back?" Michael asked. Richard glanced at him. "Please." Michael asked. Richard complied, allowing Michael to rewind. He stopped and replayed at a certain part, where Harry was struggling underneath the water when the camera was still on the counter top. He then stopped. "Look, right there." Michael asked, pointing at the screen. Over Harry's head they looked like...a pair of hands? They couldn't be. They were so faint, barely visible. "Is that a-?" Before Michael could go any longer, an alarm went off. "What is it this time?!" Richard asked, hissing as the officers opened the door. "Detectives! It's Ms. Rennolls! She's dead!" The officer screamed.

Allan looked back at the footage with everybody else. Michael caught it before he could, the footage rewinding to right before Harry's head was forced into the pot. Allan watched it twice. There were hands...with a very, very faint glow around them. Could that be a...ghost? No. Ghost do not attack people unless probed by an outside source. But could it be? His train of thought was interrupted by the alarm again, which once again sent him jumping. 

Ms. Rennolls? Wait a second. 

"Alissa is dead?!" Allan's hands covered his mouth. 

"What the hell? How the f*** is she dead?" he cursed. 

Unprofessional indeed...but they literally saw her not even an hour ago. 

"The chandelier in the hall before the recreation area. It just crashed down. Everyone else managed to get out of the way but it...it got Ms. Rennolls." The officer tried to explain. 

Allan ran his hands through his hair, trying to think. He couldn't think. This was too crazy. He grabbed Michael's hand and headed out of Richards office. The officer quickly caught up to Allan, leading him to the hallway, which was already being cleared. 

"She was on her way to today's activities...it's another bizarre accident." Allan heard somebody say. 

"Coming through." Allan went through some officers trying to block the area, letting go of Michael's hand and crouching down beside Alissa's mangled body. 

"What the hell happened to you, Alissa." Allan gave a big sigh, looking around the body. 

She was crushed, no doubt about it. Something stuck out of Alissa's hand though. 

"You probably knew...didn't you...?" he muttered, pulling the piece of paper from her hand. 

If you prick us, do we not bleed?

If you tickle us, do we not laugh?

If you poison us, do we not die?

And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

"The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare." Allan knew it instantly. His last name was Othello, how would he not know Shakespeare? 

He turned his head to Michael. 

"We need to go to the library and find The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare." he handed Michael the note. 

"Oi, lead us to the library. Now. Don't ask questions. Let me do my work." he got the attention of one of the guards.

"Uh...yes sir." 

Before Richard could say a word, Allan and Michael were running out of his office. "This is insane! Someone, or something has to be targeting them!" Michael hissed, following after Allan. The hallway was rather crowded, but controlled thanks to the efforts of the guards. Rumors and whispers went rampant as the two approached the scene. The chandelier had fallen right on top of her, the impact instantly killing her. "This is getting out of control." Michael said, looking around at the chandelier. He followed the chain, gently taking a closer look at it...was this chain cut?! "What the actual f-!" Michael began, stopping only when Allan quickly found something and insisted that they had to go to the library. Michael looked down at the note, frowning. She had foreseen something. The guards looked at each other confused, but quickly nodded as they led them to the library. When they arrived, there were some prisoners there already. The library was impressive, containing works of all kinds. Prisoners read books, some actually studying, while others did research on the computers. Michael hurried to the librarian. "Excuse us, where could we find The Merchant of Venice?" He asked. The librarian hummed. "In the Shakespeare section of one of the rotundas, on the second floor. You should see the sign." The librarian said. Michael and Allan didn't wait, hurrying over to the second floor. There were multiple, small rotunda bookshelves, each with different sections of important authors. They eventually found Shakespeare, whose section was right in the middle between two other authors. Michael hummed, looking for the Merchant of Venice among the many works. "Merchant of Venice..." Michael found it, dark colored cover with golden lettering. "Here." Michael said, picking up the book. However, as he tried to pick it up, he pulled on it and suddenly, there was a click of a trigger. Before Michael or Allan could react, the section of the bookcase and the floor beneath spun, flipping them into the inside of the wall as another version of the bookcase and floor replaced them. A hidden trap door. It shoved them right into a hidden area, the top of a flight of stairs in the darkness. Michael quickly clicked on the flashlight of his cellphone, staying close to Allan. "...this is some The Fall of the House of Asher shit."

"Has anything like this happened to you when you came here before?" Allan asked Michael as they slowly began to descend the stairs.

There was silence for a second before Allan pulled his phone.

"I'm calling up the Warden so I can ask Theodosia something...I know she is not the best candidate to help us...but I just need to confirm something." Allan dialed the Warden. 

"What do you want Othello." The Warden gave a wonderful greeting. 

"Well, Good Morning to you too. Don't ask questions right now but I need you to get Theodosia." 

"And how am I going to get a ghosts attention?" 

"Call for her." 

There was some shuffling on the other side of the line, followed by the Warden calling out for Theodosia. 

"How is the mission going?" the Warden asked as she wait for the ghost to show up.

"I don't have very much time to talk, just get Theodosia." 

"Hi Allan~~ Is Michael with you?" Theodosia's voice came through the line. 

"Yes he is--" Allan was interrupted. 

"Hi Michael~" Theodosia called.

"Theodosia, I had a question. Will ghost attack people for fun or for no reason? I am just confirming..." Allan asked.

There was silence on the other line for a little bit. 

"No. That is something I haven't heard a ghost doing in a very long time. If they are bound that might be a different story. If there are ghost attacking people...they are doing it for a reason." 

"Thank you so much, Theodosia. That's all I needed to know." Allan hung up the phone. 

"Ghost won't attack people unless they are doing it for a reason. We both know what we saw." Allan declared to Michael as they reached the bottom of the stairs. 

"A Dungeon...? An old and closed off one at that..." Allan began the walk around, it was dark and musty, Allan coughing a bit as he slid open a cell door and was met with dust. 

"Why did Alissa lead us here?" 

"Never. When I came here it was a simple tour to find out a simple case of thefts. I don't think anyone even knows this exists." Michael followed Allan close, his hand on his cane, ready to unleash it at a moment's notice. When they reached the dungeon like area, Michael tensed. He could smell the old, dried up blood inside the cells. Right in the middle there was a metal bed, with cuffs and chains. Beneath it, there was a large, complicated magical seal drawn in paint. Michael looked over to Allan as he spoke with Theodosia on ghost matters. "If it was a ghost, it would've been detected in a previous investigation of it. Most investigations have something to source that kind of activity out. But what we saw..." Michael hummed, eyes narrowing as he looked around. "...you're not suppose to be here." Michael jumped, quickly getting in front of Allan as he spun his cane, unleashing the whip as it swung around behind him. However, there was nothing he could hurt. Instead, there stood, floated, a ghostly figure of a young boy. He wore a torn school uniform of some sort, and had deer horns on his head. He didn't look older than 13 and yet...he was dead. A ghost. "...what the..." Michael asked, pulling his whip back. The ghost stared at them. "You're not suppose to be here." It repeated. Michael stared. "You...are you the ghost that has been causing the murders?" He asked. "Yes." Another voice spoke. As they turned they saw two other figures. A young girl, and a teenage boy, two more ghosts. "You can't be here! You have to leave!" The girl said. Michael raised his hands. "Please calm down! My name is Michael, this is my partner, Allan. We are detectives, trying to find out about the accidents that have been happening around the prison." Michael explained. "Detectives?" The teenage boy asked, eyes narrowing. "So, you're from the outside of the prison?" He asked. "Yes." Michael confirmed. The teenager looked down at the two, and then back at the detectives. "We are the ones that have been doing the accidents, but you have to listen!" The teenager asked. The girl shook her head. "No! We'll get in trouble!" She insisted. "Screw that! We finally have a chance! This could be our freedom ticket!" He hissed. "What...is going on?" Michael asked. The three ghosts looked at the detectives, then back at each other. The teenager cleared his throat. "My name is Alex. This is Mina and Xavier. We...we were murdered." "Murdered?!" "Yes, but long ago! Not even here!" Alex began. "We were all victims of a series of murders that were apparently never resolved. This was...this was over 10 years ago." Alex explained. "Then why are you here?" "Because our killer is a Soul Eater!" Mina yelled, stepping up. "He bound us to his service! We've been with him, and over the past year, we've been forced to create these accidents so he can feed on their souls! If we didn't do it we...he would eat us!" Mina yelled. Michael looked at Allan and then back at the ghosts. "Who is it? Who's doing all of this?" The ghosts gulped. "Richard Velazquez."

Allan stayed close to Michael as soon as the ghost appeared, and let him do the talking. Allan only knew one ghost, and that was a nice ghost, and he did not want to get on the bad side of any ghost.These ghosts were killed by a Soul Eater. Allen looked deep into his head and unsurprisingly was not sure what a soul eater was, but it sounded like something that ate souls of dead creatures. These ghosts were bound to this building and had the price of their souls on the line. These ghosts could not be free and their victims would never have a ghost to embody them. No...the ghost did not kill anybody. Richard  Velazquez, head of Solum prison killed these people. 

"This is not your fault. As a detective of M&M, I will unbind you from this place, and put Mr. Velazquez to justice. Let's go, Michael." Allan motioned for him to follow as he began to climb back up the stairs. 

He flipped a lever at the top of the stairs and were back in the library, exiting and two guards following them. Allan did not say anything to the guards, but as long they were behind him, they were a threat. In fact, ever guard in the place was a threat now. Allan and Michael stayed quiet as they headed back up to Richard's office. 

"An accident and you two run to the library after running out of my office like that? M&M detectives are something else." Richard kind of joked, looking up from his computer. 

"May I ask why you disappeared suddenly?" the whites of Richard's eyes glinted red for a second.

"May ask why you are hiding under a human mask, Soul Eater?" Allan snapped back, pulling his gun from his holster. 

This caused a chain reaction throughout the room, the guards turning their weapons on Allan and Michael. 

"I suppose you found the old dungeon...interesting." Richard tipped his fingers on his desk. 

"The fact you have figured me out...proves M&M detectives...really are something." A sinister smile crept on Richard's face.

"What a brilliant pair you two are."