Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Project: Games

Link: https://www.kh13.com/games/

Current project leader: @Jake

Open / Locked status: All areas can be contributed to by KH13 members and staff members. 

Fields: Pages in the "Games" database have the following fields: "Game title" (text), "Game information" (editor) and "Original release date" (date field).

Completion status: The base of each game is complete (release date(s), console, title and logo). Need to go more in-depth on what each game is canonically, events that transpire, just the overall story of each game. Each title also has interviews linked up and tags connected. 

@Jake Looking really good! I've been thinking about the games database more, and how to solve that problem of having to mark "kh1, kh1fm, kh1.5, kh1.5+2.5, khstorysofar" .. for every field when we really just want to say the first KH game.

I think we should define a distinction of what is a "game". One way we could do this is to say that it's a game if it has a title screen. So then, if we're filling out the Deep Jungle page, and marking the games, we would just say kh1 and kh1fm. kh1.5 and kh1.5+2.5 would still be "games", since they have title screens, but Deep Jungle isn't in these games.

That way, we would remove The Story So Far's page as it's not technically a game. It's more of a "release" (which would be a separate database). "Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+" would also be removed in favour of "Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix" (and "Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories", which we already have). And we would also add pages for 0.2 and Back Cover. If there are no objections could you please go ahead with those changes?

10 hours ago, DChiuch said:

@Jake Looking really good! I've been thinking about the games database more, and how to solve that problem of having to mark "kh1, kh1fm, kh1.5, kh1.5+2.5, khstorysofar" .. for every field when we really just want to say the first KH game.

I think we should define a distinction of what is a "game". One way we could do this is to say that it's a game if it has a title screen. So then, if we're filling out the Deep Jungle page, and marking the games, we would just say kh1 and kh1fm. kh1.5 and kh1.5+2.5 would still be "games", since they have title screens, but Deep Jungle isn't in these games.

That way, we would remove The Story So Far's page as it's not technically a game. It's more of a "release" (which would be a separate database). "Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+" would also be removed in favour of "Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix" (and "Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories", which we already have). And we would also add pages for 0.2 and Back Cover. If there are no objections could you please go ahead with those changes?

I'll go ahead and add them in the first chance I get. These are sound suggestions! 

Sign in to follow this