Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
SuperPunk

??Our Dirty Little Secret??

"Let's make a promise. From here on out, we stick together. We won't be seperated. If someone tears us apart, we'll never let the band die out."

[align=center]Our band never made it very far. Once Vanitas and I got together, all the members decided they didn't want this anymore. Some loyalty...

(Beginning! Hope the post is alright~)

They were sitting in his mom's garage, Vanitas and Riku were. Today was the day of auditioning for new members for their band, Symphonic Hearts. Two of the previous members, the pianist and vocalist, had left due to 'relationship issues'. The words were poison on Vanitas' tongue.

The dark-haired boy played leaned back in the plastic lawn chair he was seated in. His feet which were clad in leather -actually it was artificial leather- knee-high boots. Face scrunched up in an amused expression: smirk lopsided and eyes gleaming with sadistic happiness. The thought of seeing losers who can barely play a simple scale make a fool out of themselves in front of him arose a giddy emotion. It almost made him giggle. Almost. There were only a few things Vanitas didn't do, one of those being giggling like a school girl in heat.

"Hn, Riku," the teen reached over and shoved his band mate in the shoulder, "How many people do you expect to show up?" Vanitas then crossed his arms over his chest, holding his head in the palm of one hand, appearing to be in deep thought. Though, if one knew him, they knew he was just imagining some other sick, if not gory, fantasy. He then looked back at his friend, "Let me rephrase that: how many people do you expect to screw up and go home crying to their mommies?" That question followed with a laugh, one that could be easily mistaken for a hyena's cackle.

Somewhere far, far way --okay actually it was only a few blocks down from Vanitas' house, a hyper teen was tossing clothes across his friend's bedroom. Today was an important day, one that could change his life forever. ...Okay maybe not forever, but probably for a good majority of the year or so. Why was it so important? Well, he was trying out for a band audition. But not just any band audition, it was for his brother's band. A couple mornings back he overheard his twin that they were needing a new pianist. The teen, otherwise known as Sora, saw this as an opportunity to try and grow closer to his rather rude brother. Thank Mom for piano lessons when he was five.

Unfortunately, Sora didn't have the cojones to face his brother alone. Just being blood related to him was nerve wracking. The teen shook his head, brunette spikes swaying perfectly in and out of place. He never understood how they could be so different when they were twins. Their mom never understood it either. Anyway, since Sora didn't have his bravery switch on that day, he was dragging his friend along with him. No, not the red-head girl that he hung out with most everyday as a child, but little blonde girl, otherwise known as Namine. The two met in summer camp, got along well, and they've been friends ever since.

So there he was, looking through Namine's clothes. He was trying to find a good sweatshirt, as he often liked to borrow other people's clothes. It didn't matter if they were boy or girl clothes -though he drew the line at heels, pantyhose, and skirts. After for searching for what seemed like hours, or just perhaps twenty minutes, Sora pulled out a blue sweatshirt with red hoodie and pockets, and quickly put it on. He stood up, brushed himself off, and looked over to his friend. "Namine!," he said happily, too cheery for the average kid his age, to his friend, "We can go now! Aren't you excited?"

Riku looked at Vanitas. He stood next to him, his arms crossed. He couldn't help the small grin that sneaked it's way onto his lips. His friend was wicked. However, that made him all the more fun to be around. That's how it always has been and always will be. The two of them together.

"I'm guessing about twenty people. Our bands famous but not that famous. Remember? Half of our band decided to quit after our first four shows."

~

The blonde girl smiled at her friend. She was already used to his borrowing her things. Sometimes, Sora slept over and she'd give him clothes for the night. She had a brotherly connection to him. It was wierd though... She had never gone to his house, met his family, or that dark haired brother Sora always ranted about. She didn't mind, though. She was happy with just Sora.

"Yeah! I'm really excited! However, I don't know what I'd audition for. I don't have much of a talent..." Namine confessed, fumbling with the ends of her white turtleneck sleeves. Her friend had always told her about her voice. He complimented on how smooth and musical it was even ehh she wasn't singing. The comments always made her blush. Then, a couple of days ago,

Sora had asked her to accompany him to an audition for his big brothers' band, Symphonic Hearts. She decided to go. After all that Sora has done for her, why not give it a shot?

Namine snuck a look to Sora. "I guess I'll try out for the vocalist... Are you nervous at all, Sora..?"

"Hm. I guess you're right. I can't wait 'till we're famous though. Those two losers will be begging to come back, and we can shove their faces into the dirt with our feet. Ha!" Vanitas snickered and stood up from his lawn chair. The two would have to set up their instruments soon, try to make the garage seem at least a bit professional. The place already had a rug in the middle, and some worn out couches and armchairs: it was more of a second attic than it was a garage.

Secretly, Vanitas hoped that some good people would at least show up. He, in his own opinion, was a horrible singer

Riku closed his eyes and sighed. He smiled at Vanitas and laughed once. "Well, I already have you. It may sound corny but I only need one person to rely on." Riku and Vanitas were like twins. They were inseperable. Although he had never met Vanitas' brother, he knew that Vanitas and his brother's relationship would be crushed by the wieght of theirs. Riku looked forward and he almost lost it. A smiling brunette was walking towards him. He seemed to look a lot like Vanitas. Could that have been... His brother..?

Namine walked silently by her friends side. She didnt look up, however. The way Sora desribed his brother, she imagined a tall, built, teenager with a gruesome expression on his face. She held Sora's hand and gripped it tight. Namine bit her lip and looked up. Her blue eyes soon met golden ones. She froze up immediately and stood motionless. It was as if Sora had gotten a dyejob and a personality change. Just by looking at the guy had made her tingle. Was that Sora's brother? Surely not...She could tell he was nothing like Sora.

(Lulz. Love at first sight xD and about your idea, okay owo)

(I'M FINALLY POSTING, ARE YOU HAPPY?)

Stretching his arms above his head, Vanitas groaned and slumped in his seat by the drums. There had been many who auditioned within the afternoon. One by one they were all sent away, leaving him and his friend in agony. No, they weren't horrible, they were worse than horrible. Everyone was so bad that Vanitas' soul died a little bit --and his soul, sworn by Sora, was stolen by Satan when he was a baby. Yes, they were that mediocre. ...Okay, so maybe he was exaggerating a lot a bit.

After having his ears bleed from the rotten talent the band-wannabees that he'd been putting up with the whole afternoon, Vanitas was in a foul mood. His body just seem to ooze this malevolent aura, one that could make a toddler cry if it came within a fifty-mile radius of the teen. As the dark-haired drummer waited for the person to audition, he clenched and unclenched his fists. Under his breath he was humming the Imperial March. With that, combined with his basically down right evil exterior, sixty-percent of the people left peeing their pants --at least that was Vanitas' guess.

Just as the last audition-er left, Vanitas stood up, took one of the drumsticks, and crashed it against one of the symbols. The door to the garage opened and closed, and he looked over to who came to meet their death. Seeing the identical hair style, and eyes that shone with happiness instead of hatred for authority, a growl erupted in his throat. How DARE his pipsqueak of a brother come to his band's audition? Was he asking for a beating?

The band was the only thing Vanitas didn't have to share with Sora, every thing else that was his either became hand-me-downs or was something for both him and his brother. It wasn't a problem at first, but when it came to video games, it was chaotic. For most of his life, the brooding teen made it his mission to make himself as different from Sora as possible. Now it was time to confront the one person he loathed the most: his baby twin brother.

"Sora," the sound was coated in venom, spit flying out of his mouth from the anger, "Just what are you doing here?" Vanitas slowly walked over to the other boy who was shaking in his shoes, which looked to be two sizes too big for his feet. There was no stopping the snarl that sneaked its way onto his face. He thought that maybe, if he could scare his brother enough, he'd be willing to run home along with his little blonde friend.

That was when Vanitas did a double take. He hadn't noticed his brother's friend when he saw Sora walk in. Since he never brought the girl over, he assumed that Sora had no friends. Either that or he was gay. Vanitas always guessed that it was a little bit of both. After all, in all their years of being a teenager, his brother never once got a girlfriend. A real man should at least have a couple girlfriends before his teen years end! So there was always the hunch that Sora a homosexual --not that he had anything wrong with them! He was quite straight thank you, and didn't tolerate men hitting on him unless he knew they were joking.

Anyways, there wasn't much to the girl. Sure, she was soft on the eyes with her blonde hair, round face, and blue eyes, but there was one thing that bothered him: she was flat as a ten year old boy! If the girl was good enough to get in the band, Vanitas knew he wouldn't be distracted by her. Giving one last glare at his brother, the teen questioned him once again as to why they were at the auditions.

Sora squeaked, sure, he was expecting Vanitas to be mad, but not this furious! There was a part inside of him that wanted to go curl up in a ball and die. Upon entry he was slaughtered with the rough voice that was one of the main differences between them --you know, besides the whole good and evil twin thing.

"I'm here to audition, after all I have the right to!" Sora plucked up the courage to say, trying to sound as brave and confident as possible. He couldn't hide in fear of his brother forever! Plus, Namine was watching him: he had to be brave for her! Then there was Vanitas' friend, the one with silver hair. Only by looking at him, Sora couldn't help but blush. The teen wasn't sure of his sexual preference, but the other boy was gorgeous! Long, flowing hair, and the sharpest of turquoise eyes. It was as if he could make the straightest man swoon. Sora couldn't help but wonder if Vanitas ever drooled over the sight of the other. Probably not, but he bet his brother sent a few lustful glances his friend's way.

The brunette teen was proud when he saw a surprised glance flicker across his brother's face. That pride died when he saw a sadistic smirk replace that gawk. A cackle, one that sent shivers down Sora's spine, filled the room --of course it belonged to Vanitas, no one could laugh like him. "You? AUDITION? HA! If there's one rule to this band, it's A: No whiny little brothers allowed. And B: No whiny little brother's friends allowed. Right Riku?" So that was his name, Sora thought as he saw Vanitas turn to his silver-haired band mate. It suits him, he concluded after studying the boy for a while.

And, yes. owo>

Riku didn't answer Vanitas. He was quite occupied staring at the brunnette. He resembled his best friend so much... However, he had that aura that just made Riku want to smile... This guy.. He had 'happy' oozing out of him.

One of Vanitas' black eyebrows rose. This girl had some bark! But did she have some bite to back it up? Color me impressed, he thought. Even though she instantly looked like she regretting saying those words, she was feisty

Riku raised an eyeborw. He had never seen Vanitas this vicious. That was probably the effect of the younger kid, Sora. He was being so kind and gentle to Vanitas even though he was being a complete jerk. It amazed him how much patience the brunette had. If it was Riku being bullied there, he would have punched Vanitas square in the face. He was a bit surprised when the snarling Vanitas had agreed to let them audition. What the hell had made him change his mind?!

Oh. Right.

Call of Duty.

Namine got goosebumps at the way the two fought. For brothers, they were totally different. Not only in looks but personality as well. Even her sister Kairi and Namine didn't fight as much. These twins were two totally different people. For a moment, Namine thought as to why God made them brothers. Then she had a little epiphany.

Maybe they'd help each other. Maybe Sora could bring out the kindness in Vanitas. Maybe Vanitas could help Sora be more courageous and outgoing. The only line that was seperating them was their dislike of each other. But still, opposites attract.

When Vanitas had agreed to let them audition, Namine couldn't help but smile. As she passed Vanitas to get to the microphone, she gave him a small, "Thanks."

When she and Sora had set up, Sora began to play and Namine's voice followed.

When you walk away

You don't hear me say please

Oh baby, don't go

Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight

It's hard to let it go

-----

Hold me

Whatever lies beyond this morning

Is a little later on

Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all

Nothing's like before...

Sora and Namine stopped. She smiled and gleefully asked, "So how'd we do?"

There was a momentary look of surprise on Vanitas' face. They were actually good. N-Not that he'd actually tell them that. He never thought his twerp of a brother had talent --musical talent anyways. As much as he hated to admit it, Sora was by far the best pianist out of all the auditions. Then there was Namine. For a girl, she had a good voice. Riku and Vanitas had a hardcore band, and the black-haired teen never thought a girl vocalist was an option. If, and only if, she joined the band, they could be better than that Evanescence group or something.

Of course, he wouldn't let them join. No way, he wasn't having his brother join. This wasn't The Naked Brothers band. No bros, and they definitely weren't getting naked. Except maybe he and that Namine gir- NO. None of that. That was Sora's friend for Pete's sake. One word: gross.

Sora looked on as Vanitas studied both him and Namine. This wasn't going to end well, he concluded. His brother's face went from shock, to surprise, and then to that old scowl. Bouncing on the balls of his feet once again, Sora did the impossible once again.

"So, what did you think?" He asked. His voice quivered for a few seconds at first, but smoothed out. Vanitas stared at his brother, then at his friend. He closed his eyes in thought. There was no way he was going to be truthful and say they were good, great even. No, that'd be embarrassing. Especially after the scene he displayed earlier on.

"It was awful, I hated it," he grumbled. Vanitas avoided eye contact, and focused on the drums in front of him instead. Meanwhile, Sora looked over at the silver-haired one, Riku, he remembered the name. His eyes asked for his brother's friend's honest opinion on their audition.

Riku knew that Vanitas wouldn't tell them the truth. He had too much pride for that anyway. He was wrong, they were good. Really good. He put a hand on Vanitas' shoulder and sighed.

"I know it's a pain for you to admit. But, as much as you hate doing it, it's the right thing."

Riku let his hand slide off of his shoulder. He walked towards Namine and Sora, standing in front of the brown haired boy. He smiled genuinely and took the boy's hand.

"Congratulations. You're in the band."

Namine couldn't believe what she just heard. Had she heard correctly? Was she dreaming? No... That look on the

black haired boys face was too full of emotion to be a dream. She was so happy!

Namine wrapped her arms around Sora's neck and had him twirl her a bit. She rubbed her face against his and laughed.

"We did it! We did it! We did it, Sora!"

Sign in to follow this