Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SoraDaxjer28

Help Needed With A Paradoxing Pinnacle Studio Problem!!

So, I have installed Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate -- the same program I have been using for the last ten years to make KH AMVs -- onto my latest computer, a Windows 10 PC system.  I still have a usable product key to activate it, and it accepts that key when I install the program.  The program installs well and starts the way it is supposed to.  Then, I try to insert the KH Clips from my Videos Library folder into the studio's timeline to start a new project.

Yet, instead of having the clips place directly into the timeline, I keep getting this popup message:  "In order to ensure studio 14 has the latest components you must activate mpeg-4 encoding/decoding now.  Activation is free, fast and easy."  It shows two options:  the first lets me activate that plugin, the second does not.  I clicked the first option, and all it does is redirect to a screen to buy Pinnacle Studio 25 for $80.00 TO $120.00.  If I select the second option, then the program closes out the popup message and continues to refuse to let me insert anything into the timeline at all (audio, clips, titles, sound effect, etc.) unless I choose the first option.  I don't have that kind of money to spend on a program I already can use aside from this problem, and it's clear that the company lied to me in the popup message it gave me about being "free, fast and easy" if it won't let me use the registered product I already have installed without buying a more recent version.

Is there any way to resolve this problem without having to buy the whole program all over again?  If not, then my AMV-making days are finished; I don't have the time to learn a whole new video-making program anymore.

Please help!!  =(