Posted October 5, 201214 yr Do you think you're sitting still right now You're on a planet that's orbiting a star at 30km/s That star is orbiting the centre of the galaxy at 250km/s that galaxy is moving through the universe at a rate of 600km/s since you have started reading this, you have travelled about 3,000 km.
October 5, 201214 yr Right now, I'm on movement, and I'm standing still at the same time. Confusing, isn't it?
October 5, 201214 yr Motion is relative, so since the universe is infinite, I AM holding perfectly still. It's just the whole universe revolving around me. And you. And my cat. Technically.
October 5, 201214 yr Yes I do. I'm sitting still. Sure I'm technically being moved by the universe but that doesn't change me sitting still.
October 5, 201214 yr That's the relativity of movement. Even do we perceive or think we are still, we are always moving. That's what my teacher told me anyway, not that it changes anything.
October 5, 201214 yr since you have started reading this, you have travelled about 3,000 km. Wrong. I only traveled 1,000 km because I skipped reading most of it to get to the point.
Do you think you're sitting still right now
You're on a planet that's orbiting a star at 30km/s
That star is orbiting the centre of the galaxy at 250km/s
that galaxy is moving through the universe at a rate of 600km/s
since you have started reading this, you have travelled about 3,000 km.