Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Driving the cars was certainly an adrenaline rush. The two drove around the parking lot without a single care in the world. It was only by luck that Giotto was born into a gilded cage, but he knew that if he could, he might as well have fun while he had it. Anything was possible after all. He drove past Jesse countless of times, waving at him and the two even having chases of who could do the most spins and whatnot. It was certainly better than talking to the people of the party. “Hey Jesse, I think the DJ just arrived. Want to head back inside? I can introduce you to some of my lady friends!”

Jesse had to admit he was dissapointed and sad when Giotto said the DJ was there. He just wanted to drive forever. And besides the DJ probably wasn't even that good anyway; he doubted the DJ would play Eninem. If anything Jesse figured the DJ would just play some Bethoven or something like that. With a small pout Jesse gave in.

"Alright... Fine..."

Giotto and Jesse eventually parked the cars, stepping out of their adrenaline rush and getting the keys to a safe place. "Come on, I have people to introduce to you!" Giotto squealed, taking Jesse's hand and dragging him inside. He walked around, taking Jesse to meet the sons and daughters of the city's elites. "Good afternoon, ladies!" Giotto waved, looking up at a group of ladies in costumes that all looked around Jesse's age. "Hi Giotto!" They said in union. Giotto went ahead and pulled Jesse forward. "Ladies, this is my best friend Jesse! Jesse, this is Monica, Kalina, Diana, Elizabeth, and Anna." Giotto recited, the girls smiling over at Jesse. "Hello! It's nice to meet you!" "A friend of Giotto? Who knew Giotto had friends with how uptight his dad is!" "Don't be so mean!" Giotto nudged at Jesse. "Jesse and I are free to start dancing with you girls, if you want. The DJ just arrived after all." Giotto went on. "I want to dance!" Kalina went on, walking over to Giotto and taking his hand. "I don't see any harm. I hope you know how to dance, Jesse." Elizabeth asked, offering her hand as Giotto ended up walking away with Kalina and Anna to dance.

(Am I controlling Diana?)

One minute he was racing around in awesome cars. Next minute he was with two very pretty ladies. This was going to be an awesome night. Still despite numerous claims, Jesse actually never really communicated with an actual girl before. The only girls he ever actually knew was Beauty, his mother and Mimi. The only girl he ever kissed was his mother and Mimi. The main reason for that was because every time he talked to a girl he always ended up getting slapped by the end of the encounter. Hopefully this time he won't screw up.

"Hi there~" Jesse said in his sly, smooth street accent, already pulling Elizabeth as well as Diana up to him by the hips. "I'd love to dance with you two lovely ladies." Did he know how to dance? No. But he'll wing it.

(You can if you want)

Elizabeth looked up at Diana and looked down at Jesse. “Let’s see how you dance then, Mister Jesse.” Elizabeth spoke. As the music began to play, it was obvious that it wasn’t the type of dance that one would expect at a modern party. Instead the music played being a mix of classical remixed with modern tunes, giving off an upbeat vibe. Giotto was dancing happily, elegantly and with precision. His steps calculated and practiced, as he had been spending the last few days practicing for such event. He seemed happy nerveless, dancing as he did along with the girls while having fun overall. From the platform another red haired person watched the people dance, being none other than Giotto’s father with a costume of his own. He even walked past Johnny and Mimi, not recognizing them due to the masks and costumes, as well as ignorance. After all, why would anyone from the Bronze layer be attending his son's party? It was ludicrous.

Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ1Z_wpvm0k

Giotto's dad's costume

iron_mask.jpg

(That's a freakin' awesome costume.)

Diana giggled softly as she dragged Jesse to the dance floor with Elizabeth. Now fun this was going to be! However one thing she didn't like was Jesse's accent... It sounded very strange and sloppy. "Huhu~! I hope they play slow songs later! Those are my favorites~!"

Jesse was taken aback by the music. Yeah, he wasn't expecting to dance to 'Skeet Skeet Motherf******!' but he thought they would at least play some rich people music like A Thousand Miles of some stupid song like that. Not instrument bulls***. And the girls. Elizabeth in Jesse's opinion was really hot and seemed to be really cool, but Diane... Was peppy. He did not like peppy rich girls. At all. Perhaps he could just ditch Diane and stick with Elizabeth.

"Oh I remember these songs!" He said as he went to dance with the girls. Honestly he had no idea what to do or what the songs were, so he just decided to wait for the girls to first make a move.

The girls looked at each other and then back at Jesse. They had lived long enough around the same type of people to know that Jesse was putting up a front. But then again, it was cute that he was trying. Elizabeth shrugged and glanced at Diana. “Let’s help him out.” She said, smiling as she walked over to Jesse and began to dance on her own, hoping that it would inspire Jesse to dance along with them. Giotto himself was having a bit too much fun. He was dancing rather well, but overall smiling and giving spins as he danced. “Come on Jesse! You have to learn to dance if you want to have fun at a party!” Giotto teased, dancing around as the cape of his costume followed his movements almost like a shadow. Giotto’s father walked over to the dancefloor, smiling as he watched his only son have fun in his party. “Mind if I join?” He asked. Giotto turned to his father, obviously happy as he threw his arms into the air. “Dad!” Giotto’s father smiled, taking Giotto’s hands, and rather father-like, began to dance with Giotto, having fun overall as Giotto danced on his shoes. Sebastian watched holding a cup almost too tightly, watching every single movement. It was hard to believe that someone who was acting so kind could turn into a monster in seconds with the right provocations. He had to make sure that monster didn’t come out tonight, for Giotto’s sake.

Diana giggled once more and decided to go along with her friend. This new person was interesting.

"Uhuh~ Eliza, this boy has a weird accent! I can't put my finger on it but it sounds familiar~ like those Bronzies... Oh how ridiculous those people are. My daddy says all they do is waste their lives away and use every hang out they could get. It makes no sense to me! If you're homeless why not simply just get a job and get money?" She whispered all this to her friend, before she slid to join Jesse in his 'dancing.'

Meanwhile Jesse was sorta getting the hang of it. He was trying to loose Diana in the crowd and get closer to Elizabeth. Elizabeth appeared to be very calm and interesting, which is something Jesse absolutely didn't mind.

Elizabeth shrugged at the suspicion. It was impossible for anyone from the Bronze Layer to be here. For one the invitation, two the security that came with it. These costumes weren’t cheap, either! All the Bronze Layer could do was to watch from afar and wonder how it was like. That is how they perceived it anyways. Elizabeth did her best to dance. Maybe the kid was simply not the dancing type as were others. As far as rumors went the Bronze Layer was infamous not only for their regular scandals, but also due to the large amount of Mutants being found in the layer. Giotto was having fun on his own, dancing with his dad was not something that happened often at all. To have him actually volunteer to dance with him was a complete surprise. Giotto’s dad gave him a spin before laughing. “Now, think you can dance on your own?” He asked. Giotto nodded, giving his dad a kiss on the cheek before departing from him. Giotto looked no further than to Jesse to continue on his fun. He quickly grabbed Jesse’s hands. “Jesse, dance with me now!”

Jesse was completely actually enjoying dancing with Elizabeth. For once dancing was actually fun. He was ripped out of this brief moment of pleasure however as soon as Giotto pulled Jesse away.

"W-What the f***?! Hell no!" He protested, trying to escape his friend's embrace. "That's totally not okay! I'm a guy damnit! I don't dance with other guys!"

Giotto smiled like an idiot, not really minding Jesse’s resistance. If anything he expected, and he wasn’t going to let go of Jesse anytime soon. “You say that but back at the club you danced with me with not much complaints!” Giotto cooed, spinning around with Jesse, much to his dismay. “Besides, it’s my birthday, so you have to dance with me! Dad danced with me, so now you have to!” Giotto insisted, jumping up and down as he chuckled. If Jesse was around, then it was already a great birthday. No need for anything beyond that, as much as his father insisted. “Everyone’s having fun, dad hasn’t said a single word about work or mutants, you and Johnny and Mimi are here, this is the best birthday ever!” Giotto finally threw his arms around Jesse, forcing a hug upon him. “Thank you!”

"That was the club you dips*** and I'm not your dad! I ain't dance with no one except for sexy-" Jesse was about to continue his protest until Giotto threw his arms around him. Almost immediately Jesse's gaze softened and slowly he returned the gesture.

"Hotshot..." Jesse uttered softly, not expecting such a thank you from his friend. "You don't have to say thank you... I'd do this for you any way of the f****** week."

Giotto buried his face into Jesse’s neck unconsciously. It would be the first time that he was in the social life of a Gold Layer party and was actually happy to be there. Because he had friends there! Friends who cared and who would actually be there for him, not for his status, for the party itself, or for whatever other political reason. They were real. “But you’re here now. I have to thank you because of that.” Giotto let go, smiling sweetly at Jesse. “You know. I’m glad to have met you that night. I don’t know where I’d be without you!” Giotto said cheerfully. Only a few moments later he heard his father whistle for him. “Ah, it’s time for the speech!” Giotto went on. He looked up at Jesse. “You should try and find Johnny and Mimi meanwhile. I’ll come back once he’s done with the speech.” Giotto said, and with that, he ran off to his father.

Jesse rubbed the back of his head. He wasn't really one for sappy sweet moments, but this was a good time. Jesse couldn't help but feel a small warmness in his heart from Giotto's words. As soon as it began it also ended, for Giotto had to go do some stupid speech.

"W-Wait-!" It was too late, and Giotto was gone. Jesse huffed and looked around the large groups of people. Where the hell should he start looking?

Giotto didn’t had a hard time finding his dad. He stood in the isolated platform that was slightly more elevated than the rest of the floor. Once again Giotto’s father seemed to be in control of everything around him, as he signaled the DJ to lower the volume of the music, and then turned to face the crowd, his voice booming rather loudly, echoing across the hall. “Hello, everyone, are you having a good time?!” His father asked, smiling as the guests cheered along. “That’s good! I actually wish to thank you all for coming to my boy’s birthday party. It’s a special day for a very special boy!” Giotto’s father went on, rubbing Giotto’s head playfully. “Raising a boy as a single father is hard work, but to see all of you coming over to celebrate his special day really means a lot to us. Would you like to say anything, Giotto?” His father went on. Giotto’s face flushed as he saw all of the attention on him. “U-Um…well, I’m really grateful for all of you to come over to my birthday. It means a lot to me! I really am thankful for you guys to come.” Giotto went on. A familiar figure with orange hair was suddenly next to Jesse. “Pretty big party for such a small child, huh?” Hansel asked, casually eating one of the cupcakes from the party. He wasn’t even in costume. But people were too distracted to even notice.

Jesse watched as Giotto's father walked onto the stage. Jesse had a hard time keeping his anger back, for he was clutching a knife tightly that was under his belt. As soon as he saw the man pure anger flared up in the boy. He just wanted to rip Giotto's father apart.

"That motherf*****...." He uttered before Hansel showed up. Jesse looked over to Hansel in shock; he wasn't expecting the guy to show up.

"What the f*** are you doing here?" Jesse asked, surprised on how no one else seemed to notice. "You'll cause a shitstorm if you stay here."

"I would. I was just taking a look around for information. Lots of people from all parts of the Gold Layer with important stuff on them. People can say the most interesting things when they think that no one is listening." Hansel went on, suddenly turning invisible but not leaving,making it apparent as he rested a hand on Jesse's shoulder. "I didn't expect you here though. I don't know how you managed to steal an invitation, but you have to teach me your ways. You haven't heard anything useful have you?" Hansel chuckled, glancing back up at the red haired pair on the stage. "I wonder if they ever realize how big of a target they have on them? Half of the Bronze Layer would want their heads on a platter." Hansel added. Meanwhile Giotto was happily listening to his father's speech. For once he seemed genuinely happy. "...and now enjoy yourselves!" Giotto's father insisted, a round of cheers following. Giotto was then distracted by his father and some other people. "Here Giotto. This is for you. Its a bit old but its a family good luck charm." His father explained, Giotto awing at the sight of the jeweled antique pocket watch.

Jesse was slightly surprised when Hansel disappeared again. F****** damnit. He needed to get used to that. Jesse looked to the side to make sure no one was watching him.

"I'm here... For a reason." He uttered. "A very important one. I didn't hear anything interesting. If anything you should just get out of here before-" Jesse suddenly paused at Hansel's words about Giotto and his father being a target. Suddenly this party seemed too open, too easy to get into. Jasse looked to Hansel.

"You don't think..." Jesse uttered slowly, unsurely. "...That someone might be here to take them out?"

Hansel shrugged. "I'm going to be honest with you, I have no idea. Though as much as I would love to have my revenge, I'm only here for information. However we have to remember that the Bronze Layer isn't the only place with mutants. The Silver and the Gold layer have them too. Who knows who could be in this party, dressed up in fancy clothing while pretending to be one of the group...much like you right now." Hansel explained. "Well I will take my leave. I have some more conversations to listen to. Be careful around, Jesse." Hansel said, and as he let go of Jesse's shoulder, his presence simply melted within the crowd. The whole situation was a game of whodunit. Was there someone among them, and if so, who could it be? Not all that glittered was gold, yet how could you tell the diffidence of each when you were both the most revered and hated man in the city, along with the only heir that would inherit it all. Much like their hair, they stood out from the crowd, in good ways and bad. Soon enough Giotto gleefully ran back to Jesse, beginning to show him his new pocket watch. "Look! Daddy gave it to me! Isn't it pretty, its the same one he used to wear!" Giotto smiled without a care in the world. "Jesse do you want to help me open my other presents?! If you find something you like I could let you keep it!" Giotto went on, whispering that last bit with a giggle.

Jesse slowly nodded his head as Hansel left. Sure, Jesse knew a lot of people bad a bone to pick with Giotto's father, but not on a scale like this. Suddenly the party wasn't fun anymore. As soon as Giotto approached Jesse, he pulled Giotto to the side.

"We have to be careful." Jesse muttered, holding Giotto by his shoulders. "A lot of people want to take you and your daddy out." Now what Jesse thought about it, he still wanted to take Giotto's father out as well too. "You can't just act like we're in f****** la la land. Someone in here might want to hurt you."

Giotto tilted his head at Jesse's mention to be careful. For a moment Giotto didn't see the reason to be worried or careful. They were at a party after all. His birthday party. Why would anyone want to harm any of them? Sure his dad made enemies, but even now he wasn't working. Plus Giotto had never done anything bad that could've gotten him some enemies himself, as far as he could see. To him it just seemed unlikely for someone to simply want to kill him at his own party. It was one of those things he could not comprehend. "You worry so much, Jesse. I know daddy can be mean, but surely no one would want to harm anyone in a birthday party. There's no need for it!" Giotto said reassuringly. Part of him did want to worry, but the other was simply too happy to do so. "But if you're too worried, we can always go open the presents in one of the rooms? There's a whole bunch all around here, so no one can see us. We should be more than safe there." Giotto suggested. Maybe he just didn't want to accept the fact that people could want them dead. After all they've never killed anyone...

Jesse got very aggravated at Giotto's answer. He would say that.

"Are you f****** stupid? This damn city isn't all happy and s***. Sometimes people want to kill you for no god**** reason okay?! You're the son of an asshole who hurt a lot of people. In their eyes you're just gonna be the sorry f*** who inherits all his bulls***. Hell, people are gonna want to take out his damn dog!" Jesse was going to continue, but for the first time he was able to stop himself. People were beginning to glance over, and this was Giotto's damn birthday. The last thing Jesse wanted was to bring drama to it. Instead, he just looked to the side and grumbled.

"Let's go open it somewhere else." He muttered. "Wouldn't want any one of this dibs**** looking into what you got."

Now, Giotto could've made a smart@$$ comment about how they didn't even had a dog, but Jesse's concern over the whole thing truly made Giotto think twice about the situation. Could someone, one or more people really be trying to kill his father? Could they really be trying to kill HIM too? He knew that the world was mad overall. Not everything was as perfect as they made it seem. Yet...the thought of being hated to death really stuck with him. "(Had I not met Jesse so long ago, would he have ended up wanting me dead too?)" Giotto bit his bottom lip at the thought. It was scary to even process about. He was his only friend, after all. "Right! This way this way!" Giotto beamed, twirling as he took Jesse's hand and led him away from the crowd and to one of the spare rooms that the place had on the second floor. It looked like a meeting room, filled with a large table covered in boxes and envelopes, chairs here and there, a large glass window that covered the entire outer wall, giving a stunning view. "We can call Johnny and Mimi over too. Which one should we open first?! Ah how about this one?~" Giotto cooed, hurrying over to a big box wrapped in platinum colored wrapping paper and a big bow on it. "My fingertips are tingling, its a machine!" He quickly began to open it up. Maybe he just wanted to ignore the fact that indeed, many people wanted him and his father dead. As much as it appeared, he could possibly be the only one loyal to his father despite the circumstances. "Hey Jesse...what made you so paranoid all of a sudden though? You never mentioned anything before the speech."

Jesse was still somewhat annoyed at Giotto's little worry and lightheartedness. It was rather ironic, especially since Johnny would often scold Jesse for having no worry and being too reckless. There were so many times where Jesse has gotten himself into trouble, almost killed or arrested. This was partially because honestly Jesse was a total dumbass sometimes. He sat down next to Giotto, secretly slipping a small envelope with no name on it in the bottom of the stack of presents. It was a present he got for Giotto. It was a small little lightning pin Jesse saw at the store along with some vintage collectable bottle caps and marbles. Honestly he wasn't going to get Giotto any gift at first since he couldn't buy anything insane, but Jesse would've felt too bad if he didn't get Giotto anything. Jesse happened to see the pin at the store and thought it was fitting for Giotto. A stainless steel lightning pin the size of maybe a ping pong ball. For a pin it costed a hell of a lot money too. Twenty bucks for a damn pin. Jesse thought the bottle caps and were a taste of what it was like to live life on the street as a kid... Most would collect bottle caps from all over. Jesse used to have a collection of them he was very proud of. But sadly his father threw them out. The bottle caps in the envelope were the only ones Jesse had left of his precious collection as a little boy.

"L-Let's just get this s*** over with..." He uttered.

“Aha, I was right.” Giotto cheered, taking out a pair of high tech looking goggles. Instantly, Giotto knew what they were, and he was almost in awe. “No way! These are the OCULUS xP HD 3000! These things aren’t even OUT yet!” Giotto gasped, smiling as he quickly got them on. “These things can connect to video games and computers! I wonder if I can have them connect to cameras too.” His dad having friends of some of the most influential people of the city had its benefits, it seemed. The rest of the gifts were no less of extraordinary, as he opened up boxes of brand name clothing and shoes, along with gift cards to shops for him to buy whatever he wanted. “Jesse, do you want these shoes? They’re a bit too big for my size.” Giotto asked, offering him some shoes in a box. “Maybe I should take you, Mimi and Johnny shopping one day. These gift cards could end up buying the whole store, and I don’t need that many clothes.” He cooed. Indeed. Most of the stuff he received were gift cards from different stores. It was easier to give than actual gifts. Hard to know what the kid did and didn’t have and all. “…thank you for worrying for me, Jesse.”