Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Neoshadow99

KHUX Questions about the story of KH: X/Unchained X

Hello everyone, I have questions about the main story line of KH: X and Unchained X.  I realize that some of them may have been asked already.  However, I can't seem to find conclusive answers or any official confirmation from Nomura and co.  With that out of the way, onto the questions:

1. If KH: X/Unchained X takes place before the Keyblade War, how is it that there are other worlds besides the One World the War is fought in?  The events following the Keyblade War are what supposedly caused the many worlds to be created, from the light that still dwelled within children's hearts.

2. Has it been confirmed that Daybreak Town is located in the One World that existed before the Keyblade War split it into many?

3. How can there be Emblem Heartless already invading, considering these Heartless were created by Xehanort and his homies in Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion many, many years later?  Logically, only Pureblood Heartless (Shadows, Neoshadows, Darkballs, Darksides, Invisibles, etc.) should be the only ones around, since they have existed for as long as darkness has been around (as far as we know).

4. Is it likely for major retconning to take place in order to fit either the entirety or certain elements of Chi/Unchained Chi into the main story/timeline, given the way events have already played out in the other titles?

5. Actually, has any major retconning already taken place anywhere in the series?

Sorry if this seems like a lot of questions at once.  I haven't been able to play Chi and may not play Unchained Chi for quite a while after its release (I don't have access to a smartphone yet).  I appreciate any answers that help us fans better understand the changes taking place in the series, especially if there will be conflicts with the main continuity.

I can't say I fully comprehend the main plot up to this point, especially with the findmuck that was Dream Drop Distance!  Thanks for taking the time to read all this!

1. The Tome of Prophecy an book given to the five Foretellers by their master. The Tome not only has an outline of future events but has the ability to call forth projection like versions of Worlds from the future. The Foretellers used this method in order to make it easier for then to collect Lux as their own world is much too large to accomplish their goal. This is also why characters and enemies who have yet to exist make appearances in Chi.

2. Yes.

3. Refer to 1.

5. DDD was a entire game of retcons.

The answer to everything in chi is that its basically "like reading a story book". The base story is true but characters, worlds, enemies, and everything else is just used to help interpret the baseline story.

Basically the developers wanted to go apeshit so they added the "none of this is real" clause.

1 and 3 have the same answer: It was revealed by the character Ephemera that the Book of Prophecies held by the Foretellers created illusions of different worlds from the future so that a lot light could be gathered by many in the small "One World". The Book also brings illusions of powers from the future- illusions of Emblem Heartless and illusions of power from warriors of light that are contained in the cards used for gameplay.

2. Daybreak Town is the hub for all Keyblade Wielders in the War, so yes, it is in the "One World". (And I personally think it became the Keyblade Graveyard)

4 and 5: I'm not too sure. Probably- but I think it'll only effect KH3 since the two are being worked on at the same time.

Thanks for clarifying!  I had already read a bit about the Tome of Prophecy yet didn't fully understand its mechanics.  I wonder if many fans are as confused as me about what this game did with the plot and characters!  It's as if Nomura and co. thought the story wasn't complicated enough when they made this game  :tongue: