Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Austin Koziol

KHUX The (Possible) Intracicies of Medal Skills

First off, hello everyone! This is my first post on KH13, although I've read quite a few of them since my love for KH got rekindled about a year and a half ago, but that's all besides the point.

I'm at a point in Unchained X where I'm really starting to take seriously the combos and shenanigans that you can abuse when it comes to Medals, i.e. putting a Stitch Medal in the final slot of your Keyblade in order for its Special Ability to do increased damage. (Try that strategy, it's really great, I would recommend trying to get a Stitch Medal) But my issue today is with Medal Skills, i.e. Sleep, Paralysis, Attack Boost, etc. I would like to use Sleep in conjunction with my Tifa Medal so that she can do increased damage, but I don't know if I should put the Skill on my Tifa Medal itself or on a Medal in a previous slot on my Keyblade.

Which brings my question (if anyone knows); if I put Sleep onto my Tifa Medal, will she put the enemies to sleep BEFORE or AFTER her damage calculates? Or the same with Poison on a Valor Form Sora? I want to get maximum damage from the Medals I use so I can ensure victory over the Heartless I face, so if anyone has any information regarding this topic, I would greatly appreciate it. I really don't want to waste my Sleep Skill Medal if what I intend to use it for wouldn't work anyways.

Thanks to anyone in advance and I hope you're all having an excellent day! :)

As far as I know, the enemy should already be in a status (sleep, poisoned, paralyzed) before using medals that need to have that specific status effect to perform it's maximum damage output. so don't put the skills on your tifa and valor form Sora. have a medal that has the skill you need before these two and you're good to go. oh and try to take a look at this guide if you have anymore questions :D http://chiunion.tumblr.com/post/142599619186/should-i-keep-this-medal

and welcome to the site! have a slice of pie!

I was just wondering the same thing today; I knew about Stitch (and more importantly, Sora Master Form because that thing KILLS), but it's good to know about how things like paralysis and sleep have a direct effect.

To answer your question: you need to have the status applied before Tifa attacks.

Important and related: Tifa only gets the damage bonus when she uses her special attack, not a normal attack. Special Attacks cannot trigger status Skills. Check the Menu>Other>Help>Medals>Skills for all the information regarding how skills work (when they trigger, when they don't, etc.)

This game actually has useful information in the Help section. :)

It seems to me that if you attack a sleeping target they will wake up.  So sleep is useless against single fights unless your Tifa is in your first slot and the "friend" medal has the sleep skill.