Jump to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

KH13 · for Kingdom Hearts

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Queen Tery

Verified Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Queen Tery

  1. I'm not sure I've ever been this satisfied with my about me
  2. Currently building a game for my data structures class. Incredibly infuriating and incredibly fun at the same time. It's a team project and my team consists of me and one other guy. We've developed a random map generator, an item list holder, a backpack for the player's inventory, and a player and monster record. We've just started putting the pieces together and we're planning on downloading an extra code library to add more control over the game's window, so we can add color, screen clearing, (possibly sprites), etc.
  3. Hey everybody. I've been busy with school as I'm sure many of you are as well! This semester I have: Data Structures and Files (So far an A-) Data Structures and Files Lab (So far an A) Discrete Math 2 and Statistics (So far an A) Advanced Programming Concepts Lab (No grade yet) Intro to Programming Lab (So far an A) Principles of Finance (So far a B) The grades are a bit weighted right now considering I'm only about a month into the semester so hopefully I can maintain/improve them over time I love my classes so far, I'm incredibly interested in what I'm learning in Data Structures, Adv Programming, and Discrete Math right now! The Adv Programming lecture I actually already got credit for from my old community college so I didn't have to take it, but the professor is letting me sit on the lecture whenever I'm available so I can learn more anyway. The beauty of a college class without any of the commitment/responsibility/grades My least favorite class is Finance so far. My professor has an incredibly thick Chinese accent and I'm having a lot of trouble understanding her so I don't get much out of the lecture unfortunately How is everyone else's semster going?
  4. Yeah that's what I like about Computer Science too. If you think you'll like one portion of it and you end up not liking it, then there's so many other options with that degree I have finals this week and I'm just so ready for next semester to start so I can have a new set of fresh classes lol
  5. In terms of game design, I would say having at least a basic understanding of physics would be beneficial. Coding is based on logic, problem solving, and math. Math is the language of physics. You can do a lot of coding without having too much knowledge of physics or math, but if you want to optimize your code or do game design it is incredibly useful/necessary. Think about coding character animations. If you don't understand physics, writing that code is going to be a lot more challenging and may have issues that are difficult to fix as the game that your developing becomes more and more complex.
  6. Idk much about graphic design, but I'm going to school for Computer Science so I can at least tell you programming is incredibly interesting and fun! If you enjoy solving problems/puzzles then programming would be for you.
  7. So it would seem that my new University's professors are pretty strict. Or at least mine seem to be lol I have 4 lectures and 2 labs: 1. Logic (Lecture) 2. Principles of Accounting I (Lecture) 3. Computer Systems Architecture (Lecture and Lab) 4. Perspectives in Computer Science(Lecture) 5. Information Structures and Algorithms(Lab) I feel all of my professors seem at least somewhat strict, except for my Logic professor. All my grade breakdowns seem to have about 75-80 percent of my final grade being completely based on exams, the rest on homework/attendance. I think Computer Systems Architecture will be my hardest class and that Information Structures and Algorithms may be my most enjoyable in terms of the coursework. I think Accounting will be my most boring class and Perspectives in Computer Science will be my easiest class.
  8. I think your grades sound great considering it's college. Just try a little harder and make sure they don't go down Considering the kind of classes you're listing, do you think you'd enjoy being a teacher of some kind?
  9. Queen Tery replied to Queen Tery's profile comment
    I learned Java then C++ and I think learning C++ made me better at Java because it reinforced some of the things I didn't quite get when I learned it the first time around in Java.
  10. Queen Tery replied to Queen Tery's profile comment
    Each subsequent language you learn should get easier to learn than the last because they all share common basics.
  11. Queen Tery replied to Queen Tery's profile comment
    I like it. Not quite as much as Java. The compiler lets you get away with a lot more than Java's compiler does but then I find it harder to debug that way lol The finished products also tend not to look as good as a Java program but that's just because of Java's GUIs. I imagine if you're fine with C you'll probably be fine with C++. C++ just built upon C since C is an older language.
  12. Queen Tery replied to Queen Tery's profile comment
    I know C++ so I could probably pick up on C without much problem, but I've never actually used C aside from C-strings and some C pre-processor directives for C++.
  13. Queen Tery replied to Queen Tery's profile comment
    Java was the first programming language I learned. What languages do you know? And hello to you as well.
  14. Man do I love Java
  15. I am level 15, I'm Team Valor, and I have caught 71 different Kanto pokemon and seen 72 of them.I've caught Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Rattata, Raticate, Spearow, Fearow, Ekans, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran(both male and female), Nidorina, Nidorino, Nidoking, Clefairy, Clefable, Vulpix, Jigglypuff, Zubat, Golbat, Oddish, Gloom, Paras, Venonat, Venomoth, Meowth, Psyduck, Golduck, Mankey, Growlithe, Polywag, Abra, Kadabra, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Tentacool, Geodude, Slowpoke, Seal, Shellder, Cloyster, Gastly, Haunter, Drowzee, Krabby, Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Cubone, Hitmonlee, Rhyhorn, Tangela, Horsea, Goldeen, Staryu, Tauros, Magikarp, Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, and Dragonite.I've found, but didn't catch, Marowak. I haven't enjoyed Pokemon since middle school, but man do I find this game addicting. I've created a route on my way home from work where I can hit up to 6 poke stops and my wife and I go to a nearby Penn State campus where they have well over 10 stops, 4 gyms, and a pond that's great for catching water pokemon. I can't wait for trading to become an option and I'm hoping I can catch around 100 of the Kanto pokemon before they implement a new region. My best 6 pokemon are: Dragonite: 1571 CP Exeggutor: 1177 CP Vaporeon: 1010 CP Jolteon: 836 CP Clefable: 826 CP Flareon: 824 CP
  16. There's a reason it's called "Mature" content lol
  17. I sort of forgot you use to have that username lol
  18. Queen Tery replied to Queen Tery's profile comment
    Yes and it appears to be from youtube
  19. Uggghhh, can't sleep
  20. Good job! I will be taking the summer off. I just moved and financial aid for the summer is a bit harder to get and work with, plus the summer classes that are offered are a lot more limited in what times they're offered. I will be starting back at the fall, but idk if I'm going to be returning to HACC for another semester or moving on to University of Pittsburgh. I'm currently applying to University of Pittsburgh so idk if I'll get in, but if I do and can take more classes at HACC first it would be cheaper. But with the move HACC is now 2 hours from where I live so the drive would be rough. I'm waiting to see if I get into Pitt and what transfers in order to have a better idea of what I'm going to do. I applied and got into University of Pittsburgh!
  21. Final grades are in and I got 2 A's and 2 C's. My worst semester of college so far, grade-wise. I got the 2 A's in my computer science classes, C++ and Object-Oriented Programming and I got the C's in Discrete Math and Calculus. Between 13 credit hours, 30 hour work weeks, and moving I didn't really have as much time to study this semester especially for 2 classes I didn't really enjoy to begin with lol How did everyone else do?
  22. Technically my Java class last semester was the intro course, but all it really had to do with was the Java programming language. This course has to do with C++. It's a lot of the same concepts as in Java so we've blown through the first 6 chapters lol We're learning the syntax and concepts as well as practicing developing algorithms. Calculus is rough lol I did not have Trig and that is proving to be my biggest issue. I took Pre-Calc but it was basically a fast paced review of College Algebra and Trig, so if you had both of those I think you'll be fine. The trig part of Calculus is what's kicking my ass. Right now I have 3 B's and an A, the A being in Discrete Math. A guy in my class has offered to help me with the trig stuff so hopefully that helps. I wouldn't say any of my classes are sucking up any more time than the rest, but Discrete Math is definitely taking up the LEAST of my time lol Between C++ and my Object Oriented Programming class, I have two programming assignments per week and my Calc professor has us take a quiz EVERY class, which is twice a week. All the quizzes are graded. Fun, fun.
  23. Last semester I ended up with an A in Java, an A in English 101, and a B in Pre-Calculus. This semester I'm taking 13 credits. Computer Science I, Object Oriented Programming, Calculus I, and Discrete Mathematics. All of them are tough classes, but I think Calculus or Discrete Math are my toughest. I had a test in Calculus last Wednesday and I'm still awaiting my grade and I have a test in Discrete Math on Tuesday and a test in Computer Science I on Thursday. Right now my grades are 2 As and 2 Bs, but since it's still pretty early in the semester those grades aren't exactly accurate. Calculus could go up after this test(or down ) and my Discrete Math grade is based only on a 20 point homework assignment that I got 17 points on. My programming courses are slightly more accurate, because I've turned in a few assignments already and gotten a decent amount of points, but the tests coming up will decide if those stay what they are lol

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Scroll to the top