Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Neoshadow99

Played Through 0.2 BBS and Have Some Questions (Spoilers, Just In Case)

Hello everyone!  I recently finished playing 0.2 BBS, and wow, it was an amazing experience, especially for a demo!  I'm not sure if the spoiler policy is still active, so I made sure to note that in the thread title.

Now, the questions I have may have already been answered, yet I could not find clear explanations in the topics from several pages back.  So, here goes:

1. I originally had asked about 0.2's placement in the KH timeline.  While the game did reveal that most of it is parallel to KH1, does 0.2 take place before or after the Secret Episode?  We also know that Aqua would continue to wander during the events of COM and KH2, as well.

I ask this (again) because Aqua and Mickey eventually make their way to what looks a lot like the area in the Secret Episode, called the Depths of Darkness in 0.2.  This area then leads to what is left of the Destiny Islands in the ROD.  I was under the impression that Aqua had been wandering a VERY long time once the Secret Episode begins, and thought she may have met Mickey AFTER her encounter with good old Red Eyes. 

Now, it would seem that 0.2 all takes place BEFORE the Secret Episode, with Aqua once again being transported to the Depths of Darkness after her last battle with the Demon Tide.  I know this is a detailed question.  I am just trying to make sense of all of this, as so much happened before and during KH1, more than we could have ever known when the series consisted of only KH1 :lol:

2.  My other question is, just how long had Aqua already been wandering when she first makes her way to Castle Town (the Dark World), and then sees illusions of Terra and Ventus?  Although time flow is totally different in the ROD, it did not take long to get through the three main sections of the Dark World, at least for us players. 

So, to sum up what I think is my understanding of the ROD timeline, it goes like this:

• Aqua's story in BBS ends 
  • Final Episode begins 
  • Final Episode ends, Aqua enters the ROD 
  • Aqua begins wandering ROD and is saved early on by T and V's Keyblades 
  • Secret Episode begins, wandering and fighting Heartless for a presumably long time
  • Aqua defeats Red Eyes (Hunter of the Dark)
  • She continues wandering and sees the Castle of Dreams in the distance
  • 0.2 begins, revealing the existence of the Dark World
  • Aqua makes her way through the Dark World, "seeing" Terra and Ventus 
  • She meets Mickey and follows him to the Depths of Darkness
  • Aqua and Mickey find the Kingdom Key D at Destiny Islands just before it is restored to the ROL
  • Aqua is separated from Mickey and is sent back to the Depths of Darkness while fighting the Demon Tide swarm
  • She wanders even more for another 1-2 years
  • She finally meets with Ansem the Wise (towards the end of KH2)
  • Riku and Mickey better not screw up the rescue attempt - Aqua has been in the ROD long enough!  Oh, they should probably save Ansem, too (maybe). 

This is the best possible understanding I have of the Aqua/ROD timeline.  Thanks to Lealixx, I made some important changes to the summary, so everything should be in the right order now!

Edited by Neoshadow99

1. 0.2 takes place after the Secret Episode. At the end of the Secret Episode Aqua finds the Castle of Dreams, which is the beginning of 0.2.

2. No idea xD Like you said, time flows differently in the RoD. So I can't tell how long she has been wandering around before getting to the castle. BUT I assume it was at the beginning of KH1. Definitely not later than that.

As for your list, most of it is correct except for, like I said, the Secret Episode happens before 0.2. (So it is BBS - Final Episode - Secret Episode - 0.2 - Blank Points)

Hope that helps :)

1. 0.2 takes place after the Secret Episode. At the end of the Secret Episode Aqua finds the Castle of Dreams, which is the beginning of 0.2.

2. No idea xD Like you said, time flows differently in the RoD. So I can't tell how long she has been wandering around before getting to the castle. BUT I assume it was at the beginning of KH1. Definitely not later than that.

As for your list, most of it is correct except for, like I said, the Secret Episode happens before 0.2. (So it is BBS - Final Episode - Secret Episode - 0.2 - Blank Points)

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the help!  I believe I know what tripped me up about the placement in the timeline with both 0.2 and the Secret Episode -the reappearance of the Depths of Darkness towards the end of 0.2. 

I was under a (misleading) impression that the Secret Episode started almost immediately after 0.2, due to this part of the ROD showing up.  I did not take into account that the ROD pretty much looks like the Depths of Darkness most of the time, and its appearance only changes when various worlds are consumed, hence the appearance of the Dark World. 

In other words, Aqua likely first entered the Depths of Darkness right after the Final Episode, wandered and fought Heartless for a while, and eventually discovered the Dark World, beginning the events of 0.2.  The only thing we have to keep in mind is that she does not meet up with Ansem until the end of KH2, so she was likely wandering for another 1-2 years after she is separated from Mickey.

I hope I have all of this straight this time!  Oh, I made several changes to my original post, so no one is confused about the timeline being out of order.  The summary is now correct, based on the information you gave me!

One more thing I thought of: Aqua was likely wandering for most of the time gap between BBS and KH1 (around 9-10 years), and probably discovered the Dark World towards the end of that time span.  This would line up with what you said about 0.2 beginning sometime during KH1 (maybe right before, since three of the worlds from BBS are already consumed).

Edited by Neoshadow99

Hello everyone!  I recently finished playing 0.2 BBS, and wow, it was an amazing experience, especially for a demo!  I'm not sure if the spoiler policy is still active, so I made sure to note that in the thread title.

Now, the questions I have may have already been answered, yet I could not find clear explanations in the topics from several pages back.  So, here goes:

1. I originally had asked about 0.2's placement in the KH timeline.  While the game did reveal that most of it is parallel to KH1, does 0.2 take place before or after the Secret Episode?  We also know that Aqua would continue to wander during the events of COM and KH2, as well.

I ask this (again) because Aqua and Mickey eventually make their way to what looks a lot like the area in the Secret Episode, called the Depths of Darkness in 0.2.  This area then leads to what is left of the Destiny Islands in the ROD.  I was under the impression that Aqua had been wandering a VERY long time once the Secret Episode begins, and thought she may have met Mickey AFTER her encounter with good old Red Eyes. 

Now, it would seem that 0.2 all takes place BEFORE the Secret Episode, with Aqua once again being transported to the Depths of Darkness after her last battle with the Demon Tide.  I know this is a detailed question.  I am just trying to make sense of all of this, as so much happened before and during KH1, more than we could have ever known when the series consisted of only KH1 :lol:

2.  My other question is, just how long had Aqua already been wandering when she first makes her way to Castle Town (the Dark World), and then sees illusions of Terra and Ventus?  Although time flow is totally different in the ROD, it did not take long to get through the three main sections of the Dark World, at least for us players. 

So, to sum up what I think is my understanding of the ROD timeline, it goes like this:

• Aqua's story in BBS ends 
  • Final Episode begins 
  • Final Episode ends, Aqua enters the ROD 
  • Aqua begins wandering ROD and is saved early on by T and V's Keyblades 
  • Secret Episode begins, wandering and fighting Heartless for a presumably long time
  • Aqua defeats Red Eyes (Hunter of the Dark)
  • She continues wandering and sees the Castle of Dreams in the distance
  • 0.2 begins, revealing the existence of the Dark World
  • Aqua makes her way through the Dark World, "seeing" Terra and Ventus 
  • She meets Mickey and follows him to the Depths of Darkness
  • Aqua and Mickey find the Kingdom Key D at Destiny Islands just before it is restored to the ROL
  • Aqua is separated from Mickey and is sent back to the Depths of Darkness while fighting the Demon Tide swarm
  • She wanders even more for another 1-2 years
  • She finally meets with Ansem the Wise (towards the end of KH2)
  • Riku and Mickey better not screw up the rescue attempt - Aqua has been in the ROD long enough!  Oh, they should probably save Ansem, too (maybe). 

This is the best possible understanding I have of the Aqua/ROD timeline.  Thanks to Lealixx, I made some important changes to the summary, so everything should be in the right order now!

1- The events take place right after the Secret Episode but before Black Points, so let's follow the events shall we? She fell into darkness, wondered through the endless roads of the realm, was interrupted by Darkseids and they were killed by the keyblades of both Terra and Ventus, she went under different wave of heartless while controlling her as a player, met Red Eye, killed it. RIGHT here the events of 0.2 appears, after she has beaten Red Eye, she walks through the fogs of the realm and suddenly finds a forest ish place that look similar to Castle of Dreams until she is ensured by the view of the castle. Why she only sees Castle of Dreams at that point? Because during Master Aqua's venture in the realm of darkness, the worlds started being swallowed one by one, and Castle of Dreams was one of the early worlds to fall into darkness, which is why Master Aqua was able to be there when the world is shattering and not fully shattered and destroyed. 

​After she meets Terra and Ventus in the swallowed Enchanted Dominion, she falls into a coma for a while and that while was the gap of the rest of the 10 years until the events of Sora being close to End of the World in Kingdom Hearts I (Maybe Neverland or Hollow Bastion), and during Master Aqua's venture with King Mickey the events of Kingdom Hearts I keep happening parallel to it, until King Mickey find the Kingdom Key D which takes them to the Door of Kingdom Hearts in which Sora has already beaten Ansem SOD from KHI's aspect. The wave of darkness appear to stop Riku and Master Aqua was there to hold it back, Master Aqua was taken away from that place to Destiny Islands, and during that events Riku was helping Sora to close the door while Riku ensuring Sora to take care of Kairi. Then King Mickey shows up in front of Sora and they both close the door in the events of KHI and also part of 0.2's event.

​Now, when the door was closed, the worlds were saved and all of them return to the realm of light, including Destiny Islands, which is why in 0.2, you see Destiny Islands fading from the realm of darkness while Master Aqua was laying there, and it is also why Kairi was taken away from Sora in KHI when Destiny Islands started to form again in front of her because the world is returning to the realm of light.

​After Master Aqua falls deeper in the darkness, she wonders the realm of darkness even more, and parallel to her venture there, the events of COM/Days and KHII takes place until she meets Ansem the Wise after he has died in KHII and there the cutscene of Black Points from Birth by Sleep takes place in which Ansem tells her about Sora. As you know, the time in Realm of Darkness is slower than the Realm of Light, which is why many events occur during Master Aqua's short adventure in Realm of Darkness, because time flies faster in the Realm of Light. As for the fact that there are some similar places in Secret Episode and 0.2, it's because the Realm of Darkness is a huge place and she could've easily went to similar places without noticing and since the Realm of Darkness has many destroyed worlds, then the ruins and destruction of those worlds after being completely destroyed could easily form similar places, put in mind that the four worlds that Master Aqua has visited in 0.2 are not completely destroyed yet. 

​2- Her venture through Castle Town takes place after a while from BBS, when the worlds started to fall one by one, and when she met Ventus and Terra in Enchanted Dominion (Forests of Thorns) it takes place after the events of Xehanort dying and becoming Ansem and Xemnas, when Xehanort knew about Ventus's hiding from Terra, Xehanort immediately used his nobody, Xemnas, to send some of his members to Castle Oblivion and start searching for Ventus, which is why Sora was welcomed with Marluxia after the events of KHI, and at the beginning of Chain of Memories. During Master Aqua's venture after helping Mickey, Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts II took place until Master Aqua met Ansem the Wise a year from the event of KHII, which is probably during the events of Coded/ Dream Drop Distance

​Hope it was helpful :P