Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Leamax

Coverage: Kingdom Hearts Orchestra - World Tour - in New York City

The Kingdom Hearts Orchestra - World Tour - has one more stop before heading back to Japan for the final concert, and it's on the other side of the United States in the Big Apple.

Welcome to KH13.com's live coverage of the NY concerts!

After our successful presence at the KHO concerts in London, UK and Los Angeles, California, we are going to have one last #KH13MeetUp! Staff members Toominator and Ariel Phillips will be hosting tomorrow's meet-up. We'll be collecting fan messages in another special "Thank You" booklet for series composer Yoko Shimomura, as well as distributing exclusive KH13 stickers!

The meet-up will take place on Saturday, June 24th near the main entrance of the United Palace Theater at 4pm EDT, so that even fans without concert tickets will be able to attend!

You can RSVP to the event and get important updates on our #KH13MeetUp on our Facebook event page.

Previously, the Los Angeles concerts saw a new Kingdom Hearts III trailer delivered by series director Tetsuya Nomura himself on stage and confirming a new world and new trailer upcoming for D23 Expo 2017 in Anaheim, California on July 15th. There has been some other reveals from previous concerts including Union χ[Cross]'s reveal and the exclusive canon backstory from Kingdom Hearts III with Kairi and Xion's Japanese voice actress, Risa Uchida, and Aqua's Japanese voice actress, Megumi Toyoguchi.

Stay tuned to KH13.com for full live coverage of the event and the #KH13MeetUp and don't forget to also stay tuned to our social media accounts for instant live updates!

Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr | Google+

Updates

<3 <3 <3

Day 1

(June 23, 2017 - 2:46 PM EDT) Toominator tweets out what he is going to be wearing tonight. He will be there to meet people before the concert.

(June 23, 2017 - 5:06 PM EDT) Toominator, Soraspromise, and Churro have arrived outside the United Place Theater. Less than 3 hours to go until the concert begins.

(June 23, 2017 - 6:06 PM EDT) People are starting to line up. Less than two hours to go.

(June 23, 2017 - 6:27 PM EDT) We have a shot of the stage, thanks in part to @zackrockmacher.

(June 23, 2017 - 6:34 PM EDT) KH13 Staff member soraspromise has found her seat. Notice the hearts in the railing. Coincidence?

(June 23, 2017 - 7:18 PM EDT) We have a close up view of the stage thanks to whitedmist. Less than 45 minutes to go!

(June 23, 2017 - 7:51 PM EDT) Looks like Master Xehanort wants to enjoy the concert tonight. Can Sora keep him in line and away from Kairi?

(June 23, 2017 - 8:00 PM EDT) The concert is about to begin!

(June 23, 2017 - 9:36 PM EDT) The Kingdom Hearts III trailer was shown at the concert!

(June 23, 2017 - 11:46 PM EDT) This concludes Day 1 of our New York concert coverage. Please join us tomorrow afternoon for coverage of our #KH13MeetUp.

Day 2

(June 24, 2017 - 5:11 AM EDT) Yoko gives us some photos from the theater last night.(

(June 24, 2017 - 3:49 PM EDT) The fans are starting to line up. Hopefully they will stop by the #KH13MeetUp, which is set to begin shortly.

(June 24, 2017 - 5:09 PM EDT) Our card for Yoko is filling up with messages!

(June 24, 2017 - 6:00 PM EDT) Project Destati are here as well! Only 2 hours to go.

(June 24, 2017 - 6:05 PM EDT) We have the Wayfinder Trio and Kairi here ready to see the concert!

(June 24, 2017 - 8:00 PM EDT) The concert is about to begin!

(June 24, 2017 - 9:15 PM EDT) It's intermission time at the concert. A reading of Kairi's letter to Sora was performed.

(June 24, 2017 - 11:01 PM EDT) The concert has ended, but many of the fans are still here waiting to meet Yoko.

Concert Gallery

<3 <3 <3

13076978 150538265344595 3532093986593377025 NDDCPTpZWAAAQMr1DDCcUMrXoAEPO0wDDChC KXgAApoSX19420564 10155472064588035 2293374614433697492 N12KH Concert New York StageKH Concert New York stageKH group @New York ConcertKH Concert New York bannerKH Concert New York stage 2KH Concert New York kioskcosplay @ KH World Tour New YorkDDE0YFtXsAAHCplDDE0YFuW0AMbFc3DDE0YFuWAAAxLyWDDE0YFuXYAI8tJvDDHrHH7XoAAzKmYDDHrzwNXUAQmpmDDHuxiWXoAAi5 F

KH13 Meet-Up Gallery

<3 <3 <3

Meet Up logoKH Concert New York groupDDC1UJTWsAAsDYdDDHGe62W0AA9T ADDHKI GXYAAOnQKDDHQxFbXoAEAuvkDDHYeVsXgAACWI6DDHc29bXoAAuhxCDDHktVCXgAE5 9TDDHh1ksWsAEuZQFDDHjw3HXUAA1G FDDHlYr7WAAA D3TDDHoAyxXsAIylrlDDHlYr7WAAA D3TDDHjw3HXUAA1G FDDHmgXAXcAAuRnbDDHoAyxXsAIylrl

Click here to view the article

This is awesome Leamax, thanks for sharing this with us!

It's awesome to know that the concert world tour has found such success! It's well earned success, after all, and I hope that this leads to more concert world tours in the future! I hope that everyone who attends this concert enjoy every bit of it! May your hearts be your guiding key!

I wonder if Nomura will show up at the end to say something more before July? :O

Apparently, the New York event was so chaotic, that people couldn't hear the music because people were screaming and shouting during the compositions. 

Apparently, the New York event was so chaotic, that people couldn't hear the music because people were screaming and shouting during the compositions. 

I'm glad I wasn't there to witness that. That would mess me up big time.

They weren't distracted when playing their pieces weren't they?

I'm glad I wasn't there to witness that. That would mess me up big time.

They weren't distracted when playing their pieces weren't they?

I was there on the Saturday show. It was CHAOTIC. Many of the audience were disrespectful. I was sitting in the orchestra section, and the guy beside me was screaming whenever his favorite character shows up, whistling, and tapping his foot. Had to shut him off.

I don't think they were distracted, but I remembered one of the flute played his/her part too fast during Vector to Heavens (long day, hot day, mistake happens, I admire that he/she could move along with the song seamlessly after the mistake).

I went to the Harry Potter Orchestra the other day, but this time the conductor ENCOURAGED the audience to cheer whenever they see their favorite character on screen. I was confused at first, but these audience are FAR more respectful and bearable than the KH orchestra audience.

All in all, Kingdom Hearts Orchestra in NY was amazing, the fandom ruined it.

I was there on the Saturday show. It was CHAOTIC. Many of the audience were disrespectful. I was sitting in the orchestra section, and the guy beside me was screaming whenever his favorite character shows up, whistling, and tapping his foot. Had to shut him off.

I don't think they were distracted, but I remembered one of the flute played his/her part too fast during Vector to Heavens (long day, hot day, mistake happens, I admire that he/she could move along with the song seamlessly after the mistake).

I went to the Harry Potter Orchestra the other day, but this time the conductor ENCOURAGED the audience to cheer whenever they see their favorite character on screen. I was confused at first, but these audience are FAR more respectful and bearable than the KH orchestra audience.

All in all, Kingdom Hearts Orchestra in NY was amazing, the fandom ruined it.

Well. There are a lot of people that knows when to remain silent during musical pieces, despite there's clips showing as the orchestra was playing. And there are others that probably don't know such etiquette to follow when being in an orchestra concert. I'm glad my piano teacher taught me, my brother, and the other students proper etiquette. 

If they weren't distracted, that's good. I'm relieved to read that.  I know the feeling of making mistakes. You're right. Mistakes happen.

I'm sorry you guys didn't hear the music when they were cheering loud. And that's good you still enjoyed yourself. Glad I wasn't there to witness all of it. I had my share of problems regarding me playing in a high school's talent show, people were cheering loud, and it made things worse with me. I totally messed up with my piano piece and their cheering made me nervous.