Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Joanie

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

so anyone recall when 7-11 had an advert for hero dlc for smash? seemingly giving us a time it may be out by which it did. well theyve got one up for banjo & kazooie

Also,

Spoiler

An SNK character was supposedly leaked.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a bit of speculation I wanna share:

When TH came out, I was expecting Spirits and Mii Costumes at best, since it wasn't confirmed at the time that DLC would go beyond the Fighter's Pass. However, what we got instead was a Spirit event for Mother's 30th anniversary; no TH-related content anywhere.

This leads me to believe that a TH character is going to be part of the post-pass DLC. Who do you think is more likely? Byleth, Edelgard or neither?

Personally, I'm placing my bets on Byleth, since he's not only the most unique avatar in the series, but also a general candidate for a unique FE rep, what with Brawling, Faith magic, the Crest of Flames, Battalions, and the Sword of the goddamn CREATOR!

(Please forgive my fanboying)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jingilator said:

I have a bit of speculation I wanna share:

When TH came out, I was expecting Spirits and Mii Costumes at best, since it wasn't confirmed at the time that DLC would go beyond the Fighter's Pass. However, what we got instead was a Spirit event for Mother's 30th anniversary; no TH-related content anywhere.

This leads me to believe that a TH character is going to be part of the post-pass DLC. Who do you think is more likely? Byleth, Edelgard or neither?

Personally, I'm placing my bets on Byleth, since he's not only the most unique avatar in the series, but also a general candidate for a unique FE rep, what with Brawling, Faith magic, the Crest of Flames, Battalions, and the Sword of the goddamn CREATOR!

(Please forgive my fanboying)

i hope not weve got enough fire emblem characters 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not particularly upset about the boss lineup (far from it). I'm simply just curious as to what other unique bosses would've been in the game, so here's my take on a boss lineup:

Light Realm

Master Hand

Giga Bowser (Giga Bowser)

Galleom (Boss Battle Song 1)

Queen Sectonia (Moonstruck Blossom)

Perfect Chaos (Open Your Heart)

Galeem; WoL only

 

Dark Realm

Crazy Hand

Ganon (Ganondorf 2nd Half-Twilight Princess)

Nightmare (Vs. Nightmare-Kirby's Adventure)

Medeus (Medeus, Shadow Dragon)

Dracula (Nothing to Lose/Black Night)

Dharkon; WoL only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jingilator said:

I'm not particularly upset about the boss lineup (far from it). I'm simply just curious as to what other unique bosses would've been in the game, so here's my take on a boss lineup:

Light Realm

Master Hand

Giga Bowser (Giga Bowser)

Galleom (Boss Battle Song 1)

Queen Sectonia (Moonstruck Blossom)

Perfect Chaos (Open Your Heart)

Galeem; WoL only

 

Dark Realm

Crazy Hand

Ganon (Ganondorf 2nd Half-Twilight Princess)

Nightmare (Vs. Nightmare-Kirby's Adventure)

Medeus (Medeus, Shadow Dragon)

Dracula (Nothing to Lose/Black Night)

Dharkon; WoL only

it felt a little mismatched to me and some werent used enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 7:59 AM, Jingilator said:

Yeah! Not exactly insinuating that he has to win Guinness or anything. I just figured that such an accomplishment was noteworthy.

Indeed so, my friend! And now that it was announced recently that more DLC fighters shall come, the door is still open for Sora!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 12:25 PM, The Transcendent Key said:

I wonder if they'll add any more characters into the new year?

They will. They announced this back in this year's September Direct.

Anyway, how's this for an FP #5 reveal at the Game Awards: Crash comes on stage, reaches into a box, and out comes a Smash invite!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching HMK's video, I decided to make my own interpretation based on his:

Spoiler

Who?: Sora is the main protagonist of the Kingdom Hearts series. After his world was initially destroyed by the Heartless, Sora travels with two new friends in search of his old ones, Riku and Kairi. His journeys take him and his friends to Ansem, Seeker of Darkness-the leader of the Heartless-and after a year of unknown sleep following the Ansem's defeat, into a battle with the Organization XIII, a mysterious group of by Xemnas. And from there, Sora's journeys lead to complications.

Sora is a kind yet naïve boy who won't hesitate to protect his friends or anyone else he can be on good terms with. Sora is also a somewhat reckless boy, having gotten himself into dangerous situations countless times.

Importance to Nintendo: Like Cloud, Sora isn't massively prevalent on Nintendo consoles; the only games on Nintendo consoles he's appeared in are Chain of Memories for the GBA, 358/2 Days and Re:Coded for the DS, and Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS.

Intro: Sora appeared from a save point and gets into his fighting stance.

Stance/Idle 1: Sora holds his Keyblade near his right hip and looks around.

Idle 2: Sora rests his Keyblade on his right shoulder for a few seconds.

Idle 3: Sora bares his teeth in the direction he's facing.

Notable Palette Swaps: KH3 outfit, KH2 outfit, KH3 Guardian Form, KH2 Valor Form, KH3 Element Form, KH2 Final Form, KH3 Second Form, KH2 Limit Form

Walk: His walk from the games.

Dash: His run from the games.

Damage: His damage animation from the games.

Jump: High Jump and Doubleflight.

Crouch: Crouches with his Keyblade's end on the ground, holding it.


Weapon of Choice: The Kingdom Key, the Keyblade Sora starts his journey with.


A,A,A: Slapshot; Sora slashes twice, then follows up with an uppercut (14%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Speed Slash; Sora slashes twice (8% each hit, small knockback), and then does a quick dual slash (13%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Sliding Dash; Sora performs a slide across the ground, slightly faster than that of Cloud (12%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Upper Slash; Sora swings his Keyblade upwards with both hands (10%, OK knockback)

Air+A: Magnet Burst; Sora briefly surrounds himself with an array of magnetic orbs (13%, OK knockback). Pressing A again, if necessary, sends these orbs flying out (19%, medium knockback)
Air Forward+A: Aerial Finish; Sora slashes forward three times (12%, small knockback), and then finishes with a strong slash (10%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Aerial Sweep; Sora slashes behind himself three times (11%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Hurricane Blast; Sora vertically swings around four times with his Keyblade (14%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Diving Strike; Sora dives down and strikes the ground with his Keyblade (15%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Prism Windmill; Sora spins Keyblade in front of him, protected by a shield of light (15%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Magic Flash; Sora lifts himself up and uses a flash of light that affects the area around him (11%, OK knockback)


Smash Moves
Forward+A: Strike Raid; Sora throws his Keyblade forward as it spins (15%, OK knockback). Pressing A again performs two more throws, and then the last throw is slightly stronger (18%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Ripple Drive; Sora swings upwards and summons a barrier of light with rectangular patterns (21%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Explosion; three orbs of light surround Sora as he thrusts his Keyblade down to the ground (22%, medium knockback)

Grab: Sora grabs the opponent with his open hand.
Pummel: Sora slaps his opponent with the handle of his Keyblade (8%)
Forwards+Throw: Quick Blitz; Sora thrusts his Keyblade on the ground in a downward arc (14%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Fail-Safe; Sora spins once before tossing the opponent on the ground (13%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Merge; Sora spins around backwards before hurling the opponent in that direction (11%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Lunge n' Launch; Sora pushes the opponent forward and slashes upwards (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Magic Selection; Sora can select a magic spell from his list (consisting of Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, and Aero). Once a spell is selected, it will stay on that spell until another is selected, which can be done on the fly.
B + Forwards : Sonic Blade; Sora thrusts forward four times, with consecutive button presses, after charging up (7% each hit, small knockback) and then performs a final stronger thrust (18%, OK knockback)
B + Up : Airstep/Flowmotion; Sora travels in the pointed direction at the speed of light after releasing the button (holding it slows him down for six seconds). When he comes in contact with a wall, Flowmotion will activate.
B + Down : Ars Arcanum; Sora charges up and unleashes a flurry of ten slashes (19%, OK knockback), and then finishes off with three stronger slashes (24%, medium knockback)

Magic Spells
>Fire: Sora shoots out a small fireball (9%, small knockback)
>Blizzard: Sora surrounds himself in an icy wind (11%, OK knockback) that has a chance of freezing the opponent. Sora can tilt forward after pressing B to create an icy rail, which he can then jump on for a Rail Slide.
>Thunder: Sora summons a spark from his Keyblade that surrounds a fair amount of his surroundings (15%, OK knockback)
>Aero: Sora shoots a wind arc from his Keyblade that turns into a mini-tornado (17%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Ultimate Union Ragnarok; Sora attempts to unleash Ultimate Form (Final Form in his KH2 outfit), and catches any opponents he successfully hits (8%). The trapped opponents are taken into a cutscene as Sora slashes them with hundreds of swords (32%), and finishes off with Union Ragnarok, with the Lux symbol showing as he fires it (16%) (56% total, far knockback).

Gimmick: Situation Commands; after pulling off successful combos, three arrows appear by Sora's HUD, one by one. Once a combo is successful with all three arrows, a command appears above Sora's icon, and pressing B will activate one of five attacks, four of which are Grand Magic.

>Firaza: If the combo is kept up by constant Fire spells, Sora summons a giant fireball that can travel offscreen when it doesn't hit any opponents (24%, medium knockback)
>Blizzaza: If the combo is kept up by constant Blizzard spells, Sora fires a giant ice projectile that freezes the first opponent it hits, and sends all others flying (26%, medium knockback)
>Thundaza: If the combo is kept up by constant Thunder spells, a pillar of electricity appears and combos any opponents above Sora (26%, medium knockback)
>Aeroza: If the combo is kept up by Aero spells, Sora summons two tornadoes that circle him, sending opponents flying (28%, far knockback)
>Stun Impact: If the combo is kept up by melee attacks and no magic, Sora will briefly explode in a dome of light with a small electric effect, stunning anyone on the ground (23%, medium knockback)

Flowmotion: Sora's answer to acrobatic platforming. Activated when he comes in contact with a wall after Airstep, Sora can use two types of Flowmotion attacks:

>Shock Dive: An AOE slam attack Sora uses when he uses Superjump (19%, medium knockback)
>Kick Dive: Sora attacks immediately after shooting off a wall, pointing his feet at the enemy as the Keyblade spins around him.

Flowmotion's startup is indicated by a blue aura, while its fizzling out in a second is indicated by a pink aura. When Sora is using Superjump to recover, he will be left in free fall once Flowmotion goes away.


Taunts:

1: Sora wipes his nose and smiles.
2: "Yeah!" Sora raises his Keyblade high in the air.
1+2: Sora performs Break Time, where he spins around for a bit and says "ta-da!" as he puts his right hand on his hip and puts up his left hand.

Winposes:

1: "That's the power of the Keyblade!" Sora's victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum.
2: Sora spins his Keyblade and sticks it firmly in the ground, smiling (based on one of his renders based on KH1 artwork of him).
3: Sora opens a treasure chest as he does in the games, and a Meow Wow comes out to cuddle-tackle him.

Icon: The heart in KH series logo.

Boxing Ring Title: The Key from the Sky

Victory Music: 

Kirby Hat: Sora's hair and necklace.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jingilator said:

After watching HMK's video, I decided to make my own interpretation based on his:

  SPOILERS: Click to reveal

Who?: Sora is the main protagonist of the Kingdom Hearts series. After his world was initially destroyed by the Heartless, Sora travels with two new friends in search of his old ones, Riku and Kairi. His journeys take him and his friends to Ansem, Seeker of Darkness-the leader of the Heartless-and after a year of unknown sleep following the Ansem's defeat, into a battle with the Organization XIII, a mysterious group of by Xemnas. And from there, Sora's journeys lead to complications.

Sora is a kind yet naïve boy who won't hesitate to protect his friends or anyone else he can be on good terms with. Sora is also a somewhat reckless boy, having gotten himself into dangerous situations countless times.

Importance to Nintendo: Like Cloud, Sora isn't massively prevalent on Nintendo consoles; the only games on Nintendo consoles he's appeared in are Chain of Memories for the GBA, 358/2 Days and Re:Coded for the DS, and Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS.

Intro: Sora appeared from a save point and gets into his fighting stance.

Stance/Idle 1: Sora holds his Keyblade near his right hip and looks around.

Idle 2: Sora rests his Keyblade on his right shoulder for a few seconds.

Idle 3: Sora bares his teeth in the direction he's facing.

Notable Palette Swaps: KH3 outfit, KH2 outfit, KH3 Guardian Form, KH2 Valor Form, KH3 Element Form, KH2 Final Form, KH3 Second Form, KH2 Limit Form

Walk: His walk from the games.

Dash: His run from the games.

Damage: His damage animation from the games.

Jump: High Jump and Doubleflight.

Crouch: Crouches with his Keyblade's end on the ground, holding it.


Weapon of Choice: The Kingdom Key, the Keyblade Sora starts his journey with.


A,A,A: Slapshot; Sora slashes twice, then follows up with an uppercut (14%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Speed Slash; Sora slashes twice (8% each hit, small knockback), and then does a quick dual slash (13%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Sliding Dash; Sora performs a slide across the ground, slightly faster than that of Cloud (12%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Upper Slash; Sora swings his Keyblade upwards with both hands (10%, OK knockback)

Air+A: Magnet Burst; Sora briefly surrounds himself with an array of magnetic orbs (13%, OK knockback). Pressing A again, if necessary, sends these orbs flying out (19%, medium knockback)
Air Forward+A: Aerial Finish; Sora slashes forward three times (12%, small knockback), and then finishes with a strong slash (10%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Aerial Sweep; Sora slashes behind himself three times (11%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Hurricane Blast; Sora vertically swings around four times with his Keyblade (14%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Diving Strike; Sora dives down and strikes the ground with his Keyblade (15%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Prism Windmill; Sora spins Keyblade in front of him, protected by a shield of light (15%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Magic Flash; Sora lifts himself up and uses a flash of light that affects the area around him (11%, OK knockback)


Smash Moves
Forward+A: Strike Raid; Sora throws his Keyblade forward as it spins (15%, OK knockback). Pressing A again performs two more throws, and then the last throw is slightly stronger (18%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Ripple Drive; Sora swings upwards and summons a barrier of light with rectangular patterns (21%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Explosion; three orbs of light surround Sora as he thrusts his Keyblade down to the ground (22%, medium knockback)

Grab: Sora grabs the opponent with his open hand.
Pummel: Sora slaps his opponent with the handle of his Keyblade (8%)
Forwards+Throw: Quick Blitz; Sora thrusts his Keyblade on the ground in a downward arc (14%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Fail-Safe; Sora spins once before tossing the opponent on the ground (13%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Merge; Sora spins around backwards before hurling the opponent in that direction (11%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Lunge n' Launch; Sora pushes the opponent forward and slashes upwards (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Magic Selection; Sora can select a magic spell from his list (consisting of Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, and Aero). Once a spell is selected, it will stay on that spell until another is selected, which can be done on the fly.
B + Forwards : Sonic Blade; Sora thrusts forward four times, with consecutive button presses, after charging up (7% each hit, small knockback) and then performs a final stronger thrust (18%, OK knockback)
B + Up : Airstep/Flowmotion; Sora travels in the pointed direction at the speed of light after releasing the button (holding it slows him down for six seconds). When he comes in contact with a wall, Flowmotion will activate.
B + Down : Ars Arcanum; Sora charges up and unleashes a flurry of ten slashes (19%, OK knockback), and then finishes off with three stronger slashes (24%, medium knockback)

Magic Spells
>Fire: Sora shoots out a small fireball (9%, small knockback)
>Blizzard: Sora surrounds himself in an icy wind (11%, OK knockback) that has a chance of freezing the opponent. Sora can tilt forward after pressing B to create an icy rail, which he can then jump on for a Rail Slide.
>Thunder: Sora summons a spark from his Keyblade that surrounds a fair amount of his surroundings (15%, OK knockback)
>Aero: Sora shoots a wind arc from his Keyblade that turns into a mini-tornado (17%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Ultimate Union Ragnarok; Sora attempts to unleash Ultimate Form (Final Form in his KH2 outfit), and catches any opponents he successfully hits (8%). The trapped opponents are taken into a cutscene as Sora slashes them with hundreds of swords (32%), and finishes off with Union Ragnarok, with the Lux symbol showing as he fires it (16%) (56% total, far knockback).

Gimmick: Situation Commands; after pulling off successful combos, three arrows appear by Sora's HUD, one by one. Once a combo is successful with all three arrows, a command appears above Sora's icon, and pressing B will activate one of five attacks, four of which are Grand Magic.

>Firaza: If the combo is kept up by constant Fire spells, Sora summons a giant fireball that can travel offscreen when it doesn't hit any opponents (24%, medium knockback)
>Blizzaza: If the combo is kept up by constant Blizzard spells, Sora fires a giant ice projectile that freezes the first opponent it hits, and sends all others flying (26%, medium knockback)
>Thundaza: If the combo is kept up by constant Thunder spells, a pillar of electricity appears and combos any opponents above Sora (26%, medium knockback)
>Aeroza: If the combo is kept up by Aero spells, Sora summons two tornadoes that circle him, sending opponents flying (28%, far knockback)
>Stun Impact: If the combo is kept up by melee attacks and no magic, Sora will briefly explode in a dome of light with a small electric effect, stunning anyone on the ground (23%, medium knockback)

Flowmotion: Sora's answer to acrobatic platforming. Activated when he comes in contact with a wall after Airstep, Sora can use two types of Flowmotion attacks:

>Shock Dive: An AOE slam attack Sora uses when he uses Superjump (19%, medium knockback)
>Kick Dive: Sora attacks immediately after shooting off a wall, pointing his feet at the enemy as the Keyblade spins around him.

Flowmotion's startup is indicated by a blue aura, while its fizzling out in a second is indicated by a pink aura. When Sora is using Superjump to recover, he will be left in free fall once Flowmotion goes away.


Taunts:

1: Sora wipes his nose and smiles.
2: "Yeah!" Sora raises his Keyblade high in the air.
1+2: Sora performs Break Time, where he spins around for a bit and says "ta-da!" as he puts his right hand on his hip and puts up his left hand.

Winposes:

1: "That's the power of the Keyblade!" Sora's victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum.
2: Sora spins his Keyblade and sticks it firmly in the ground, smiling (based on one of his renders based on KH1 artwork of him).
3: Sora opens a treasure chest as he does in the games, and a Meow Wow comes out to cuddle-tackle him.

Icon: The heart in KH series logo.

Boxing Ring Title: The Key from the Sky

Victory Music: 

Kirby Hat: Sora's hair and necklace.

 

i dont think you need to explain the "who" on this website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which alternate colors are your favorite?

E.g. -- Mario's white (because top hat), Luigi's purple (because Waluigi), and any of Bowser Jr.'s (because Koopalings).

Edited by Smithee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Alan Smithee said:

Which alternate colors are your favorite?

E.g. - Mario's white (because top hat), Luigi's purple (because Waluigi), any of Bowser Jr.'s (because Koopalings), etc.

i love mario's wedding outfit, i always play as blue villager, blue inkling, green male wii fit trainer, spiky ear pichu and ethan hat pikachu most of the time. i do love grunty b&k

i also think they should make alph a full character a give the koopalings the boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...