Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
ienzo628

Possessions, Ethics and Criticism of MX's Possession Theory

So, there's been this theory that Master Xehanort is possessed.  If that's true than what about the Seekers?  If he's possessed and they are possessed than are they really responsible for their actions?  How does possession work in the Kingdom Hearts Universe?  If you still look like yourself and act like yourself but only have a few minor alterations to your personality like a few quirks from your possessor, how can you be manipulated by them?  How come Terra-nort acts like MX while the rest of the vessels apart of Ansem SOD, Xemnas, and probably YX act like their usual selves but probably have some of MX's quirks and physical traits?  How can MX make sure that the rest stay in line and once Sora and the gang defeats them?  What happens afterwards?

Do they return back to their usual appearance?  Does MX return back to the Young Xehanort we saw in the trailers of KH3 like we've seen in other medias like Goosebumps, Final Fantasy IV and even KH2 with Riku going back to his usual KH2 blindfolded and Organization cloaked self after Ansem the Wise's machine explodes?  Can any of them even be held accountable for what they did because they were possessed after all and MX himself isn't guilty for all the lives he's ruined because he's just a sympathetic villain that was manipulated by some force that possessed him when he was just a kid? 

My mind seems to be all over the place but...how will possession carry out in KH3 and how fair would it be to hold MX and the rest of the vessels accountable for something they likely had no control over?  What is also wrong with the MX Possession Theory?

15 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

So, there's been this theory that Master Xehanort is possessed.  If that's true than what about the Seekers?  If he's possessed and they are possessed than are they really responsible for their actions?  How does possession work in the Kingdom Hearts Universe?  If you still look like yourself and act like yourself but only have a few minor alterations to your personality like a few quirks from your possessor, how can you be manipulated by them?  How come Terra-nort acts like MX while the rest of the vessels apart of Ansem SOD, Xemnas, and probably YX act like their usual selves but probably have some of MX's quirks and physical traits?  How can MX make sure that the rest stay in line and once Sora and the gang defeats them?  What happens afterwards?

Do they return back to their usual appearance?  Does MX return back to the Young Xehanort we saw in the trailers of KH3 like we've seen in other medias like Goosebumps, Final Fantasy IV and even KH2 with Riku going back to his usual KH2 blindfolded and Organization cloaked self after Ansem the Wise's machine explodes?  Can any of them even be held accountable for what they did because they were possessed after all and MX himself isn't guilty for all the lives he's ruined because he's just a sympathetic villain that was manipulated by some force that possessed him when he was just a kid? 

My mind seems to be all over the place but...how will possession carry out in KH3 and how fair would it be to hold MX and the rest of the vessels accountable for something they likely had no control over?  What is also wrong with the MX Possession Theory?

Those are interesting questions. I don't think Xehanort is possessed personally. This "You thought I was the villain but really...THIS PERSON is the villain"  trick has been used before. Twice. When we learned that Ansem was the villain of KH1 and in KHBBS when we learned that Xehanort had actually been the villain of every single game since the beginning. So, I don't think we'll be seeing that plot twist happen again. As for how possession affects people and works...I think it might have to do with the way they're being possessed. For Terra, Xehanort transferred his WHOLE heart inside Terra. So that's why I think he managed to have control over Terra's body. And even then, Terra fought back which ended up giving Terra-Xehanort amnesia, so although Terra-Xehanort still had the desires of Xehanort, Xehanort wasn't exactly in control. For the other members, Xehanort is just putting a piece of his heart inside them, so maybe it doesn't affect them as much. 

3 hours ago, PrinceNoctis said:

Those are interesting questions. I don't think Xehanort is possessed personally. This "You thought I was the villain but really...THIS PERSON is the villain"  trick has been used before. Twice. When we learned that Ansem was the villain of KH1 and in KHBBS when we learned that Xehanort had actually been the villain of every single game since the beginning. So, I don't think we'll be seeing that plot twist happen again. As for how possession affects people and works...I think it might have to do with the way they're being possessed. For Terra, Xehanort transferred his WHOLE heart inside Terra. So that's why I think he managed to have control over Terra's body. And even then, Terra fought back which ended up giving Terra-Xehanort amnesia, so although Terra-Xehanort still had the desires of Xehanort, Xehanort wasn't exactly in control. For the other members, Xehanort is just putting a piece of his heart inside them, so maybe it doesn't affect them as much. 

That's true.   Maybe the process of their possession was similar to what saw in DDD when MX blasted his heart towards an unconscious Sora.   Was that really his heart or a piece of it?  I guess the Xehanort vessels that have a piece of MX aren't entirely responsible for their actions.   But then, how does one measure responsibility?   Xigbar/Braig chose to be norted, I suppose.   Though that cutscene in DDD where Ienzo and Even were laying on the floor of the lab makes me kind of question if AX (Apprentice Xehanort) really had amnesia.  Braig even called him out in that scene before AX struck him. 

On 12/24/2018 at 5:08 PM, ienzo628 said:

That's true.   Maybe the process of their possession was similar to what saw in DDD when MX blasted his heart towards an unconscious Sora.   Was that really his heart or a piece of it?  I guess the Xehanort vessels that have a piece of MX aren't entirely responsible for their actions.   But then, how does one measure responsibility?   Xigbar/Braig chose to be norted, I suppose.   Though that cutscene in DDD where Ienzo and Even were laying on the floor of the lab makes me kind of question if AX (Apprentice Xehanort) really had amnesia.  Braig even called him out in that scene before AX struck him. 

Apprentice Xehanort did have amnesia, but it's possible he recalled his past in that one scene or around the time it happened considering he was even able to summon his Keyblade and then turned himself into Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and Xemnas (which we now know was planned). And yes, I do think that Xehanort only sent a piece of his heart towards Sora. If it had been his whole heart, he probably would've faded away.