Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Riku21Terr

If Maleficent Mistress os of Evil does well, it could help future Pirates of the Caribbean movies

Joachim Ronning directed both Dead Men Tell No Tales and Mistress of Evil. If MoE does well enough, Disney may decide to keep him on as director for the planned Pirates 6, of which he was supposedly signed on for before helming MoE. Since DMTNT did decently enough and received a lot of positive fan reception, even from those who didn't really like it/the other Pirates sequels, it may prompt Disney to continue Pirates with where they were going (since Joachim himself said that DMTNT "was only the beginning of the finale", notwithstanding the hanging plot threads from both DMTNT and OST (On Stranger Tides)'s post credits scenes along with other things like the absence of Pintel & Raghetti) and not completely reboot without Johnny Depp, especially after all of the issues with him abusing Amber Heard have been overall resolved, as well as the fact that his performance as Grindelwald was one of the few things that critics and most fans actually liked about Fantastic Beasts and The Crimes of Grindelwald

this is a really interesting theory. It's a funny coincidence how Joachim Ronning directed both DMTNT and MoE, but really the two movies series definitely aren't related in anyways. I could see this happening however. Mistress of Evil has now made more than $400 million at the box office as of right now. and Disney themselves have said that it needs to make more than that amount in order to break even, so anything is possible at this point. a friend off mine even hopes that a third maleficent movie will be made to make it a complete trilogy, but I definitely don't want to get my hopes up on that. like really, what else could they do after the events of MoE?

Funny, I actually thought the exact same about a 3rd one and my friend thought the same as yours :) As Maleficent mentioned looking forward to the chrisiting, I can't help but wonder if they'll do their own version of characters/that kind of element fromm a particular Disney Channel series that had its 3rd instalment released this past year (and of which his apparently CANON to the the original stories :) My friend also suggested that they could explore what made Ingrith so hateful of the Faeries with her previous encounter/familiar backstory with them and get into more of Maleficent and Aurora going their own separate ways, maybe even having her truly become the true msimistrezmsitress of Evi that we all know and love her for :)

22 hours ago, Brendan Spain said:

this is a really interesting theory. It's a funny coincidence how Joachim Ronning directed both DMTNT and MoE, but really the two movies series definitely aren't related in anyways. I could see this happening however. Mistress of Evil has now made more than $400 million at the box office as of right now. and Disney themselves have said that it needs to make more than that amount in order to break even, so anything is possible at this point. a friend off mine even hopes that a third maleficent movie will be made to make it a complete trilogy, but I definitely don't want to get my hopes up on that. like really, what else could they do after the events of MoE?

Funny, I actually thought the exact same about a 3rd one and my friend thought the same as yours :) As Maleficent mentioned looking forward to the chrisiting, I can't help but wonder if they'll do their own version of characters/that kind of element fromm a particular Disney Channel series that had its 3rd instalment released this past year (and of which his apparently CANON to the the original stories :) My friend also suggested that they could explore what made Ingrith so hateful of the Faeries with her previous encounter/familiar backstory with them and get into more of Maleficent and Aurora going their own separate ways, maybe even having her truly become the true msimistrezmsitress of Evi that we all know and love her for :)

On 11/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, Dustin Lübbers said:

Were they not done with Pirates? Anyway i jabe only heard bad things about the new malificent movie so far.

With all that I stated above they are definitely NOT done with Pirates. And btw MOE has over 90% audience rating on RT and I myself have heard mostly good things.  

I must say, as someone who overall HATES Maleficent 1, and LOVES the original animated Sleeping Beauty, I think this 2nd one is really good!! It is quite well done with a very moving, greatly written script and a surprisingly strong overall morality based on the most common and relatable psychological issues that ALL of us can relate to, besides being very entertaining, emotionally gripping, and just overall fun and insightful to watch!!

If anyone reading this could also please spread the word about it to as many people as possible, it would also be truly gratefully appreciated :)