Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
lizzie1238

KH3D Special portal help

I was looking for special portals for Riku in Traverse Town and TWTNW and Sora in TWTNW. I suppose it may have been in the place with the fountain in Traverse Town, and since I haven't beaten Julius, I couldn't find it.

However, I looked ALL OVER TWTNW as Sora and Riku and I couldn't find any special portals.

And I'm sure there were special portals somewhere, since there was an outline of a dream eater on the touch screen. But where could they be?!

Well, the worst case scenerio is you may have suffered from the link portal switch bug, where riku's special portals are in sora's world and vice versa, so you either wont see them, you will see them in an area you cant access (Which would be better so you can be sure if you have the bug or not), but depends on the world. You can have portals you can access if you have the bug, but it may very well be a portal for the other character.

If in the worst case scenerio you are suffering from the bug, I luckily managed to fix it by doing 2 things, (When I did all portals and just had TWNTW left, so cant say for sure it will work for you).

I tried the dive mode for TWNTW first for riku then for sora. At this time, I visited TWNTW and found a portal, and listed in my journal I beat one of soras portals. However, I found for riku's forecast it listed 2 dream eaters he shouldnt have beaten, so for me at least, it was as if soras world became fixed, but riku still recognised sora's portals. To fix that I just kept dropping between them both until the forecast listed "?" in the world for riku.

But if this didnt happen to you, for sora the portals are very easy to find in TWNTW, theres only like 1/2/3 areas to explore and all 3 portals should be noticable from the map when zoomed out. Riku has more areas to explore. but I dont believe it was much harder, if at all, to find either. So you shouldnt have any problems if all is well and good finding them.

Hope you arent suffering from the bug, it really had me down when I realised I had it on the first playthrough and at the end of the 2nd. If so, I can only reccommend you try what I did and if it doesnt work, you'll just have to look online for other things people have tried or wait for a patch. Remember to keep an eye on your journal to see if portals you are beating are actually for the right character.

Good luck

Edited by LAA

You said that the portals should be noticeable when zoomed out. But doesn't it specifically say in the game that you can only see portals when zoomed in?

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it and see if it works.