Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

Executive producer Hashimoto talks KH3 & HD ReMIXes: "If everyone plays 1.5, then HD 2.5 ReMIX could happen"

Thx for allthe really nice comments!

Just one thing Disney:

Lasseter was in charge of the Little mermaid diamond restoration and release which resulted in:

- no diamond booklet insert

- no lenticular slipcover for 3d version

- editing errors!!! (Part of your world! Very obvious)

- ipad game theatrical release! Wtf??

And he was a driving force for omitting the original blue castle logo just because it includes walts name!

Seriously, I'd rather have just the platinum versions upscaled than new versions of the movies in. Order to attract newer generations!

Thx for another destroyed movie!

And one thing KH:

-KH, CoM and KHII were logical and chronological. Roxas was mysterious strong and cool. You really wanted to know more about him.

- BbS took some of the original feel of the series but ok

- recoded is plain boring first attempt to convince fans the story continues.

- days destroyed the logic and ruined roxas into a crybaby only used for xehanort purposes.

- DDD was another attempt to make money by convincing fans sora's adventures continue.

Instead they messed up with all storylines, included totally irrational time travels and even sora suddenly turned 14 again??? Seriously?

I'm really trying to like the series but I can't see any of the original series anymore (counting I, com and Ii, maybe bbs)

You don't realize we could have iii by now if they just had made days as only roxas' side of the story and bbs without the xehanort/xemnas messup.

To me this feels like nomura was like "I created a series that is perfect, so let's go mess it up. I have another series in mind but let's just merge the two and tell fans everything they love about the story is just an illusion of my new favorite series taking over the original"

I remember an interview where nomura said he wanted to leave some plots unexplained so fans could use their own imagination to fill it.

As a fan I did and I feel slightly irritated as all holes are getting filled in such strangely japanese-logic ways.

Summary:

Some american team should have continued after KHII.

But feel free to convince me of the importance of DDD, I honestly don't see it.

For me it is just another of those "not really sora" titles that leave us where we were without the game: destiny islands after KHII.

And don't tell me riku's a master. For what? Cutting his hair? Seriously, if he is a master then he is a master in KHII either.

I fear khiii won't be better than khii because of nomuras neurotic inclusion of new battle systems and storylines. I just want a logical conclusion using a khii battle system and awesome graphics.

A khii remake in khiii graphica would be awesome!

Summary:Some american team should have continued after KHII.But feel free to convince me of the importance of DDD, I honestly don't see it.For me it is just another of those "not really sora" titles that leave us where we were without the game: destiny islands after KHII.And don't tell me riku's a master. For what? Cutting his hair? Seriously, if he is a master then he is a master in KHII either.I fear khiii won't be better than khii because of nomuras neurotic inclusion of new battle systems and storylines. I just want a logical conclusion using a khii battle system and awesome graphics.A khii remake in khiii graphica would be awesome!

The battle system of KH3 is like the KH2 battle system aside from the gameplay. That is if I remember correctly from n E3 2013 interview.

Edited by Tom13

DDD was one of the best games in the series

Haha, seriously? Pokemon like critters you can't even get rid of?Xehanort telling you everything in the serious is not as it seems? Time travel and ONE villain in several versions at once?A second organization? (At first tey took us roxas and now the whole org??)More versions of the same characters as revived somebodys?Another handheld console to buy for more money?!More crappy graphics i a pixel and none hd world?Huge worlds you get lost in!?Empty worlds and no characters to interact, not even talk?Messed up storylines- two heroes meet two versions of inhabitants but the same version of enemies and yet there's only one twewy gang and two quasimodos??Strange music, too digital, no familiar melodies whatsoever, not one catchy tune either.An even uglier mickey mouse cg model?"Growing hearts"???????? (-> so sora has his, kairis, roxas, namine's, xion's and ven's hearts inside?????? 6!!!)Hard to control mechanics?Pointless 4th grade magic?Xehanort as some ghibli like 'i'll swallow your hearts' villain taking every bit of individuality?Sora having a tea party with phony glasses??????? WHY? The same keyblades for sora and riku?No patch for the glitches!!!Rushed release and marketing?Too many production errors in the special edition.Sorry I don't really see your point. But feel free to pick one of the above.

The battle system of KH3 is like the KH2 battle system aside from the gameplay. That is if I remember correctly from n E3 2013 interview.

Let's hope so. I would love to have the drives back and the magic bar.I really hate the cg avatars of the character's, and this is what makes me concerned.They should stick to the classic 2d ones. Why fix something if it isn't broken.And hence my comparison to new-era Disney's unnecessary 2D animation hating.

Which suggests that they haven't actually started working on 2.5, because they're waiting to see sales and reactions to 1.5... 

Dammit.

or they could be saying play kh 1.5 or we wont release 2.5 even though they already have 2.5 in production so they can encourage people who havent already bought it to buy it. both are reasonable ideas. :)

And one last phrase for all those who don't see modern Disney consumerism:

"song of the south" - too much trouble to set it in the right light and nothing we can turn ito a toddler-magnet. So they neglect and deny the film completely.

(Like some tv series and movies that they release without ANY promotion as movie club exclusives - like they are afraid anyone would remember how great "blue logo disney" was / goof troop or so dear to the heart)

And for all who hate home on the range:

Surely it is convenient and cheaper to work on cg movies compared to animated 2d movies.

But to be honest 2d animation is much more sophisticated. (Michelangelo is honored for one painting at a time, compare it to connecting a few 100,000 of paintings aka animation)

I still think cg is lazy and money milking business that lacks heart.

If you see animation as art and nor kiddies's entertainmet that is.

(Therefore the recent movies lack quality)

or they could be saying play kh 1.5 or we wont release 2.5 even though they already have 2.5 in production so they can encourage people who havent already bought it to buy it. both are reasonable ideas. :)

There seems to be an interpretation open for both the optimists and the pessimists.