Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Junko

A Nᴇᴡ Iɴғᴇʀɴᴏ [A KHR 1x1]

Looking ticked off from Junpei acting so causal around 11th, Takushi was about to complain when Claude mentioned about sleeping. Taking his words into a command, Takushi nodded, "You're exactly right 11th! It must have been a long night for you, you must be exhausted." Even he was exhausted, from Usami's intense fight he felt like he was the one fighting in the battle. Hiro stretched his arms letting out a soft yawn. "Well since it's already pass 2am, I'm going to pass out on the bed, good night!" With a cheerful wave, the rain guardian left. Azumi put her fingers on her chin as if she was in deep concentration. "Sky battle huh? Does that mean the battle could possibly be in the air?" Colonello crossed his arms, "Maybe but I guess we'll have to find out tomorrow, but right now I'm tired. I'm going to head out. Sleep well, korra!" With that the soldier blonde left the hospital. When Colonello disappeared out the door, Azumi pumped her fist in the air. "Alright, so tomorrow is the last battle which means we must be in super high spirits to cheer for Claudeyo! So now..I'm..going to..sleep.." Her eyes closed and she fell to the ground snoring. She seemed to have wasted all her energy to stay awake in order to watch the battle. Takushi stared at the sleeping Azumi before sighing. Most likely Reborn or Sonya wouldn't carry her and he didn't want Claude, who could barely carry Usami, bring a girl that was alot taller than their mist guardian. Bending down, Takushi put Azumi on his back with abit of effort. She was heavy, it was almost like carrying a couple sandbags but being in a mafia family your whole life pays off. "I'm going to dump this idiot off her room before heading to mine, good night 11th!" With Azumi on his back, Takushi went down the hallway dropping Azumi off on the bed, and went to his room.

_____

Veronica cracked a small smile as tears seeped into her pillow. "Ha ha, you're right." Wiping the remaining tears from her eyes she calmed down. Suddenly she couldn't help but think about what happened at the battle. Her oppoment lost her insanity in order to defeat her and Veronica almost died but her enemy stoped. The girl's eyes of endless abyss appeared in her head, it was the first time Veronica was scared of someone. 'I..I wonder..did she suffer through the same thing I did?' Then another thought came to her, who won the Cloud Guardian Battle? She was unconsious throughout the whole battle but her question was going to be answered when a knock was heard at the door and Oz peered in. "Oh, you're awake." With hands in his pockets he frowned. "Were you crying?" She looked away trying her best to cover her red filled eyes. "N-no, but how did your battle go?" He sighed leaning against a wall. "I lost, got knocked out from the back of my neck. Boss's battle is tomorrow." Veronica was shocked, Oz told her about his solo missions and his abilites. His abilities were made to just kill someone in just one strike, how did he lose? Almost like he read her mind, the male spoke up, "If you're wondering why I lost, I guess I did it purpose." "Huh? Why would you do that?" "From what I heard, the sky battle involves all the guardians including the ones that lost. If I won that battle, Zeru would kill you both, the ones that lost even though you promised you would make it up to him. So I lost, which means there will be a sky battle and everyone particpates, isn't that another great opportunity to make it up to Boss? That's also why I left my oppoment with injuries, he won't be in any good shape like you guys." Taking a few moments to take all this information in, Veronica blinked. "So you lost..in order for us to have another chance?" Oz gave out a loud yawn, he was beginning to feel sleep again. "Yea, if it was Lukas, Danet, and Raiden left in the group, I'd rather kill myself." Veronica felt her heart beating in excitment, not all hope was lost, "T-thanks you sleepyhead!" Her face was lid up with joy like a child finding the gift they wanted on Christmas. "Sleepyhead? Well I'm not denying that.." Oz mumbled with a hint of blush on his face, he headed toward the door. "I'm leaving now, I won't be able to make it back to the hotel so I'm taking another night here at the hospital, sleep tight." After Oz exited the room, Veronica looked at Elliot. "We..we have another chance! If we help Zeru win his battle, maybe he'll forgive u-" She let out a yawn, her eyes were feeling heavy.    

So we're going back on the battle field against these guys again huh? Elliott listened quietly, a neutral facial expression was present as Oz spoke. His expression soon change when he saw her light up with joy from the good news, bringing a small smile on his face. He gave a sight wave of hand as Oz left and looked over to Veronica. Elliott slightly glanced away. "Hopefully it'll be that easy..." he muttered before clapping his hands together, a grin spreading itself across his face. "Well then, you heard him. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for us. Try to rest as much as you can so you can get your strength back, okay?" The blonde proceeded to stand up, the soreness quickly striking him all over but he tried his best to look like nothing was bothering him, mostly for Veronica's sake. "To be quite honest, I'm feeling a bit sleepy myself." His hand found its place on the top of her head before he moved it away and began to walk towards the door. "Sleep well." Was the last thing he said before he disappeared out of the door and went back to his room to get some rest himself. 

Meanwhile

Claude waved them goodbye and him, Reborn, Sonya and Colonello walked back to the cruise boat and spent the night there sleeping. It was much more peaceful sleeping in that bed all by himself instead of feeling Junpei kicking him in his sleep and Takushi yelling at him soon after. Although it did feel a bit lonely. Just a little bit. Still, he rested well and woke up the next more with a really bad case of bed head hair. His eyes were slightly opened as he looked out at the window. It was still dawn and the sun was barely showing itself over the horizon. There's no room for me...for us to lose today. Claude climbed ou of bed and shuffled through some of the clothes he packed that was scattered in one corner of the room. Within a few minutes, he was changed into a jogging suit. He grabbed his pills, pistols and left the room and went back onto land. For the next two hours as the sun was beginning to rise and while Mafia Land was still empty, he went out for a jog, shooting a few trees with both pistols for more practice. Beads of sweat dripped down his face and neck. His match was tonight. He was going to make sure that he was ready to face Zeru no matter how scared shitless he might be on the inside. There was no room for failure right now. Breathing heavily but still pushing forward, Claude continued on his jog, pistols stuffed in his pockets. What he didn't notice, though, was a figure lingering at a nearby tree, brown eyes starting at the small male somewhat intensely. It only Claude a minute to notice someone was watching im before he downed a pill, the flame bursting onto his forehead, and pistol pointing in the direction of the tree. He didn't expect in the slightest for a civilian for be stalking him. "Who's there?" he said with firmness in his tone. The figure was silent for a moment before he stepped out to be revealed as Danet. His hands were in his pockets, one ear bud was in, the other has a small amount of music being heard from it. Claude only narrowed his eyebrows. "What are you doing raising that weapon at me? I didn't attack you did I?" Claude remained unmoved for a second before the flame from his head disappeared and the pistol found its way back into his pocket. "What do you want?" Danet just glanced away. "Nothing really. So it's you versus the boss tonight, huh? It's never a stroll in the park battling Zeru. Let's just hope your other guardians are ready for a round two." Claude raised his eyebrows. "Round two?" "You didn't know? Geez, some boss candidate you are. It's not just you fighting today. It's everyone. Think of it as a finale." "B-but Usami is still in bad condition from yesterday and Al-" "So what!?Claude was taken aback by the male's sudden outburst. "You think because you're new to this, you think you have the luxury to do whatever the hell you want? The mafia world doesn't work that way. When it comes to decisions, things don't away work out your way. There will be blood on your hands. People will die due to your choices. And...you can't save everyone..." Claude noticed the Danet's fists were starting to clench. Maybe something was coming back to him for a quick minute. Before he could say anything, Danet sighed and turned around, going back to his calm attitude. "I'll see you tonight along with the rest of your group." He muttered before walking away, leaving Claude in a bit of confusion and worry from his words.  

When morning came, the first thing Takushi did was sneaking out of the hospital and made a full dash at the cruise ship's breakfast area. When he arrived, Reborn, Sonya, and Colonello were all sitting at a table in deep discussion while chowing down their breakfast. Every once in a while, Reborn would try to snatch some food from Colonello, but he quickly put his plate far from Reborn's reach. Out of breath from running all the way from the hospital, Takushi approached their table only to notice Claude wasn't there. "Hey, where's 11th?" He asked. Colonello looked at him with a piece of bagel in his hand, "He got up early to go jogging, he seems really serious about this battle." The white-haired male facepalmed half from exhaustion and frustration. "And I came all this way as his right hand man to sit and eat breakfast with 11th." Feeling pity for Takushi, Colonello decided to lighten up his mood. "Well I'm pretty sure he's somewhere close by and he didn't even have breakfast yet, korra!" Like magic, Takushi's face lit up, "Really?! I better go to him and give him his breakfast!" Heading over to the breakfast stand, Claude's right hand man got to work as he grabbed various food like sugared donuts, bagels, butter, bacon, and cereal sealing each of them in a plastic food bag. Next were the drinks as Takushi snatched some milk, orange and apple juice, lemonade, and water. He frowned, now that he thinks about it, he had no idea what kind of breakfast his boss eats at all. He gave himself a reminder to observe 11th more, before stuffing the things in his backpack. With a wave and a quick thanks, Takushi ran pass Reborn, Sonya, and Colonello heading out in search of Claude. 

It took 10 minutes of searching before Takushi caught sight of Claude. "11th!" The young Vongola jumped abit startled as he turned around to face Takushi. Catching his breath, Takushi grinned, "Good morning! I heard from Colonello that you went out jogging without eatting breakfast so.." He zipped open his backpack revealing the food and drinks cramed inside. Taking out a donut, Takushi took a bite. "I brought your breakfas-well also mine since I didn't eat breakfast either, but mostly yours!" Takushi suddenly blinked his smile wiping off his face, "Hey you ok? You look worried and confused." 

_____

Veronica glared at her breakfast plate which the nurses left for her as she looked away in disgust, "Hmph! Do they expect me to eat these kinds of trash? Ugh, I hate vegetables!" Shoving the plate to the side, her stomach gave out an uncomfortable rumble before letting out a miserable sigh. "So hungry..I wanna go back to the hotel." She looked at the door, 'I wonder if Elliot is going through the same thing as me.' Unable to stand her hunger, Veronica got off the bed only to feel her delicate legs wobble before falling on the floor. "S-stupid girl, injuring me much." She muttered referring to Usami. She grabbed the side of the bed using it as support to pull herself back up with effort. 'If I don't eat these vegetables, I'm going to starve until lunch time.' Suddenly the door to her room opened and to her surprise, Oz came in. "Oh, wrong room, sorry," He was obviously teasing but as he was about to exit, Veronica yelled at him, "Wait you dumbass help me out here!" Peeking back in Veronica's room Oz stared at her blankly. "What's wrong?" "I-I need to get to Elliot's room." She tried walking again only to fall on the floor. Rolling his eyes from Veronica's attempt, Oz went over to her putting her arm around his neck on his shoulder and wrapping his other arm around Veronica's waist putting her back on her feet. Leaning against the dark haired-male for support, they headed toward Elliot's room. "Hey Oz, this is the first time I've seen you awake this early." Veronica said. The Riviello cloud guardian emotionless face didn't change answering straight forward, "Knowing you, Elliot, and the hospital's horrible food, you guys were going to suffer so I came to check up on you guys." Arriving at Elliot's room, Veronica smiled. "Elliot!" Oz leaded her over to his bed letting her sit down. "Oh, by the way here." Oz tossed a paper grocery bag on top of Elliot's lap and peering inside it was filled with tiny minature cakes. Eyes shined with sparkles, Veronica reached in stuffing a few in her mouth. "Mmm! Yummy!" Oz raised an eyebrow, "Ahem, who brought the food?" The grip on the cake tightened as Veronica uttered a quiet thanks, however Oz leaned in with a hand on his ear. "What was that? I couldn't hear you." "T-thanks geez!" She turned away from Oz biting into her cake. 

Edited by The Basic Nerd

What was he talking about...?  Everyone else are going to have to fight along with me?!  I can't let them. After their tough battles, th-- Claude was cut short on his thoughts when he heard someone call his name, or more like that one nickname a certain person uses for him. He looked up too see Takuhsi coming towards him with a stuffed book bag sitting on his back. "G-good morning Takushi." Claude replied, recovering from being startled by the male. At his question, he quickly shook his head. "N-no no. I'm just a bit tired that's all. I've never worked out so hard before. I should be fine now, ahaha..." A wry laugh followed after as he rubbed the back of his head. He was seriously feeling a bit sore in his arms and legs. Hopefully from the pointers that Reborn gave him while he was training with him, he was doing this whole independant training thing right. Claude's eyes widened her a quick second as his eyes went to Takushi. I should tell him and thee others.... Claude slid his hands into his pockets. "Uh, Takushi.....why don't we go eat with the others. I have something to discuss with all of you." He was already sounding like a bit of a leader. This was feeling weird at the same time though. A soft smile came back to his face. "Come on, let's get going." He said as he turned around and started towards the hospital entrance, feeling the storm guardian following quickly behind him

__

There was a small knock at Usami's room. The brunette lifted her head, her eyes a bit pale in color, and stared at the door. She opened her mouth to say something but the door opened so suddenly. "Good morning Usagi!" Junpei cheered as he almost busted the door open on accident. Despite the bandage still wrapped around his forehead, he was in a joyous mood. Usami's eyes filled with a bit of shock as he, Hiro and Azumi came into the room. "...What are you guys...doing here?" she slightly said, her voice sounding a bit dry. Junpei cocked his head to the side in confusion. "What are you talking about? We haven't seen you in ages, why wouldn't we come here?? Well, Alphonse is still asleep in is room...buuut I guess he doesn't matter right now." The male parked himself at the end of her bed and she glanced away. "B-but...why would you come here...didn't you see what I did to that girl...?" The memory of it all was too troublesome to bring back into her mind. Junpei slightly shrugged and he scratched his cheek with his finger. ​"Ehehe, you were going all berserk there.But damn, how did you learn to do that?! The weird arms coming out from the ground. Woah it was like you were summoning something from hel--" A book smashed itself against the side of Junpei's head and he flew across the bed, falling off on the other side. The other three looked over at the door to see that it was Alphonse, in a hospital dress and a white bandage wrapped around his neck where he was cut. A few smaller bandages were on his face and arms. "Quit pestering her so much. Don't you see that she doesn't want to talk about it?" Junpei, recovering from the ground, staggered up to his feet, his hand rubbing against the side of his head. "Oww....What the hell man?! Besides, what are you doing out of your bed??" Alphonse crossed his arms as he walked into the room. "A night's rest mostly numbed down the pain. I should be fine. What about you? You got struck down with lightning." "You jackass, I've been okay for a while now!" Junpei dramatically flipped his golden curly bangs with his hand. "This is the all might Junpei we're talking about after all~" "How are you feeling Usami?" "Guuah?! O-oi don't ignore me!!" "I'm mostly fine...although I have bad burns on my legs." She replied as she glanced away again, although she was relieved to see that everyone was still acting normal around her. A small smile came to her lips. "Eh, what are you grinning about?!" Junpei said, his voice sounding annoyed. "She probably can't wait for you to get out..." 

Meanwhile

Elliott was just waking up when Veronica and Oz entered his room. He was about to say something but the familiar smell of pastries came to his nostrils as the bag landed on his lap with a thud. His eyes immediately widened and appeared bigger without his glasses on, a hint of sparkling could be seen inside them for a quick second. His hand reached inside after Veronica's and out came a miniature cake. Within a minute, four of them filled his cheeks. It was surprising that Elliott was still scrawny despite his bad eating habits. After seemingly choking all of that food down, his eyes narrowed as he looked towards Oz. "You're being this kind enough to bring food for us..." his finally said, his crisiom eyes staring the boy up and down. "What's the occasion? For the final battle tonight?" 

Meanwhile

"Boss." Lukas said as he entered Zeru's room, the door seemingly open. Danet and Raiden decided to hang back in the living room area. " 'Morning boss." He said with full respect in his voice. The bandages that were on his body from the battle a few days ago has all been removed. He didn't want to look weak in front of Zeru. The pain from his injuries were mostly gone as well. "It's been a whiel since any of us seen you. What do you plan to do during tonight's battle?" he asked as a smirk crossed his face. 

Azumi sighed ignoring Junpei's overconfident behavior before looking at Usami. "Badly burned legs? You should try jogging around the hospital so you could get the feel of your legs again!" She went over to the mist guardian pulling the blanket away in one swift motion revealing Usami's legs completely wrapped in bandages. Hiro sweatdropped putting a hand on the boxer's shoulder before she could attempt to drag Usami off of her bed. "Um..I think making Usami jog with those legs will just slow down her recovery." Azumi stared at him not quite getting what he was trying to say. "What do you mean? I burned myself too!" "But it's only your left arm." Finally realizing Hiro was right, Azumi pouted abit covering Usami once again with her blanket. "I guess you're right.." She turned to Usami with a smile. "Rest easy ok? I'm sure Claude will get this ring conflict over and we can get back to our daily lives." Hiro nodded in agreement. The whole situation with Usami going crazy was now thrown to the back of their head, as long as Usami acts the way she truly is, they'll never look at her like a demon. 

Suddenly behind Hiro and Azumi, Usami spotted a familar person with white hair and the same clean suit sitting calmly on a chair, it was Kaede. Getting no reaction from the others about Kaede's presence, Usami assumed he could only be seen from her own eyes. He gave her a reasurring grin before givng her a look that says 'we'll talk about your battle later,' and disappeared into thin air. Luckly Usami going into insane mode didn't effect Kaede too harshly, but his body back in the Vendice Prison would've caused some concern. The door to Usami's room slid open revealing Takushi and Claude covered completely in sweat. "Hey, brought you guys some food." Takushi took off his backpack holding it in his hand. As he did so, Azumi tackled him quickly snatching the backpack away from his hand and peered inside. "Ooo! There's bacon!" She took out the strips of bacon and began stuffing it her mouth. "That's not completely yours!" Takushi grabbed one side of the bag and they began playing a game of tug of war until Azumi and Takushi's hands slipped sending the backpack flying right into Junpei's hands. 

_____

Looking at the two wolfing down the mini cakes, Oz avoided eye contact with Elliot as he answered. "Yes, can't fight a battle if you're starving. I'm pretty sure if we don't make up our loses, not only will Zeru punish us, but Lukas and Raiden will nonstop pester at us about this." He winced at the thought of Raiden's annoying voice. Veronica sighed. "I guess that's annoying in your perspective." She took another bite from her cake lying back against Elliot satisfied. "Well, I'll try to go all out. Hopefully the burned legs I gave to that girl would be enough to prevent her from walking." 

_____

Zeru turned away from the window facing Lukas with his large axe in hand. His height was completely towering over Lukas. "Simple, kill Claude Sato and his guardians bringing all this ring conflict to an end, I'm sick of this island." The television in his room was completely shattered from last night's battle and pieces of glass was still on the ground. "And those scums who call themselves my guardians," Referring to Oz, Elliot, and Veronica. "If they're not provided useful in this battle, do not hesitate to kill them." 

Claude wiped the back of his hand along his forehead. His legs felt numb as he slightly staggered into the hospital room. His eyes drifted to Usami. She seemed to have mostly gotten over it but a slight hint of worry hovered in her eyes. Hopefully, that was going to disappear before that battle tonight. He stayed silent for a minute as Azumi and Takushi was bickering. The bag of food nearly fell out of Junpei's hands but he managed to catch it. His pissed off expression faded away when he smelled the aroma coming from the bag. "Eh...?" He glanced inside to see food in there. His eyes began to sparkle in awe. "WOOOAHH! Takushi, I'd new you come to your senses of who you should really be serving." He said with a smug on his face before reaching in a taking out a pancake and biting into it. Alphonse only sat there with a bit of disgust in his face. "Are there any donuts in there....?" Usami asked almost at a mutter. "I highly doubt it." "Aw, come on. You know you want some Al~." He was met with a pair of dagger eyes from him. Usami looked to see that there was a small flash of Kaede's face in the room before he disappeared. She wasn't quick enough to say anything to him but a small smile came to her face. At least he isn't angry with me... "Um..." Everyone seemed to calm down and eyes went towards Claude who sat down at the very end of Usami's bed. "I've got a bit of news to break to you guys." Junpei, with the bag of food still in his hands, dragged a chair near Usami's bed and sat down, his cheeks seeming to be stuffed. "Whuat iz iet..?" he asked, hard to hear his question with all of the food in his mouth. Alphonse sat down in the chair on the other side of Usami's bed, a bit curious as well. "The sky battle is tonight.....and it won't just be me fighting." "Wait...what do you mean?" "We all have to participate in this final battle." Alphonse narrowed his eyes. "Wait what are you talking about? Usami still needs to recover. Did Reborn even know?" "I know I know. But it's not my rules. Reborn probably found out about this the same time I did.... Hiro's opponent told me this morning.." "What if he was lying?" "I don't think he would have any reason to lie about that. The same thing would go for them, right? They still have two people that are still recovering as well." Usami slightly glanced away at the thought of Veronica. Junpei swallowed up his food before dropping the bag on the bed and shooting out of his seat. "We got this! Team Vongola will not fail at crushing those bastards!" He cheered as he pumped his fist into the air. "Just watch. That bastard that knocked me out a few nights ago won't see see what hit 'em!" Junpei  burst of enthusiasm seemed to have lightened the mood a lot more. Claude looked over to Usami. "Do you think you can walk?" "...Maybe. I'm not sure. If anything, there's always Tsubasa to be my legs..." "Tsubasa?"  "Yeah, my tiger I made from my illusions." she said, sort of gleaming. Claude remembered the beast when it went berserk and his face went blank. "...What?"

Meanwhile

Elliott licked the icing off of his fingers before letting out sigh. He felt the small mist guardian lean against him and didn't move so she could stay comfortable. "Either way, my stomach hurts like hell from that blow I got a while back. That girl was an interesting opponent." His crimson eyes began to gleam. "Who knows. maybe she might end up getting it worse when I strike back..." Elliott crossed his arms as he leaned back against his his bed. "But we'll just see what happens tonight." He rubbed a hand on Veronica's head. "Don't worry, you'll do fine tonight."

Meanwhile

"Right." he replied, glancing up at him in order to make eye contact with him. Lukas ignored the weapon in his hand and nodded before walking out of the room. Danet and Raiden were waiting for him in the main room, bot of them parked on the sofa. "...Well?" Danet asked as he slipped out one of his headphones from his ear. "We really just have to obliterate them. End of story." He said before sitting down in a sofa chair, a small flash of pain passed his face. "So you haven't fully healed, huh?" "Shut it. An arrow wound isn't gonna slow me down. Besides, with my sharpened blade I can pretty much rip those guys limb from limb this time." he said as a smirk crossed his face.

"Danet told you?" Hiro frowned, why would he tell Claude, their boss's oppoment when they shouldn't have said anything and Claude's group would've come unprepared. He took the backpack from Junpei's bed and started eatting a couple bagels and gulped down the milk before handing it to Usami. "You must be starving from that battle," Takushi was about to protest about not giving the backpack to 11th when Azumi also got up with a burst of energy and flames set in her eyes. "You're fking right!" She yelled agreeing with Junpei. "I'll knock that weird glasses guy out again and finish this conflict once and for all!" The temperature in the room rose up as Azumi and Junpei were sending off such determination. The storm guaridan gritted his teeth tempted to just throw those two out the window but it seemed it was helping Claude gain confidence. Finally he cleared his throat and everyone turned to him. "Anyway! We should eat breakfast first and train for the battle," He turned to Usami. "Oi! Give that food to 11th!"

_____

Veronica nodded, "Right! I'm gonna work super hard!" Oz stood there awkwardly while Veronica and Elliot conversed about the final fight. Yawning he spoke up, "Well, I'm going to leave now so bye." He headed toward the door and Veronica's voice stopped him, "Going to sleep again?" She teased. Oz let out a small smile, "Obviously, see ya at night." Closing the door behind him, the Riviello cloud guardian went down the hallway only to sense a strange aura coming from a room. Using his shadow ability to secretly peek at the room where he think it's coming from, he saw his enemy's group with two people, the girl that defeated Elliot, and the dirty blonde haired guy that almost got shocked to death by Raiden, standing up radiating that aura. With a low chuckle Oz continued down the hallway, 'These guys. are comepletely and utterly unique.'

____

Raiden set his magazine down looking at Lukas who just told them Zeru's orders. "So I can really kill that annoying little kid?" That set his mood at the thought of finally being able to strangle Oz without getting in trouble.    

Usami pouted as she held the bag away from Takushi, holding it close to her chest. "No. Claude isn't hungry, isn't that right?" She said as she looked over to Claude. He slightly rubbed the back of his head, a wry smile made its way onto his face. "Ehehe...well-" But Usami and Takushi didn't let him finish as the two of them broke out into an argument. Junpei and Azumi were still cheering with enthusiasm for tonight's battle and Alphonse and was sitting back in the chair, watching all of this along with Hiro. Alphonse stood up and walked past all of the madness and out the door to get some peace and quiet in his room. Once he shut the door behind him, he felt a presence and his eyes darted to the end of the hallway. There was nobody there. The raven haired male stood there for a moment before narrowing his eyes and walking off to his room.

Back in Elliott's room, after Oz left them alone, a bit of tiredness lingered in his eyes, which was growing to become bothersome too quickly. The blonde decided to go back to sleep for another few hours, still feeling a bit tired. Veronica going to sleep right next to him in the bed. The two of them were out cold within minutes.

A Few Hours Later

A long yawn stretched out from the brunette's mouth as he sat up. He glanced over to see Reborn in a chair, hands tucked away in his pockets and eyes drifted off somewhere else. "Looks like you're finally awake. Although, it is impressive that you managed to fall asleep right after training. Who would've thought that you'd been really worn out this time." He simply said as Claude rubbed his eyes, taking in his surroundings. Reborn was right. They were in the usual training room that Claude and Reborn usually trained in, the damages to the thick walls being enough evidence.  "Argh, how long have I been out?" "For about three to four hours. But everyone is waiting on you." "Oh...Wait! W-W-Whaaat?!" Reborn stood up from where he was sitting. "Come on, let's go." Claude climbed up to his feet and stumbled over to catch up with Reborn. The two of them walked over to the living room center of the underground base. Everybody else was there waiting for them like Reborn said. "Claude, you're awake~!" Sonya said, almost in a more cheerful mood than usual. Replaced with her usual tank top was an orange one with a fancy crown in the center. The goggles sitting around her neck was also a light shade of orange and her hat was gone, revealing her rather messy short brown hair. It wasn't just her. Everyone else was wearing just about the same thing but with different articles of clothing that they were used to wearing. The only difference was that Alphonse still had his red plaid scarf sitting around his neck. "It was a surprise. Sonya came up with it and made us these over the past few days." He said as he gestured down at his attire, a white dress tie with an orange tie, the same fancy crown symbol sitting on it and dark jeans and dark shoes. Takushi, Hiro and Alphonse was wearing the same. He leaned over and brought his voice down to a whisper. "I didn't know your sis was capable of doing something humane." Junpei was met with a hard hit to the back of his head with the handle end of a survival knife. "Hmph, a simple thank you would have been enough." she sighed. "Claude?" Claude looked over to see Usami and Azumi eating a plateful of donuts sitting between the two on the couch. Azumi wearing almost close to what she normally wore: white long sleeve shirt with a orange sleeveless jacket, the orange crown sitting in the center of her white shirt where the cat used to be. She also had on a black shirt, black boots and silvery headphones sitting on her head. "Usami.." he slightly muttered as she stood up. She gave him bit of a questionable look. "Are you worried about my legs?" She gestured down to the black stockings she was wearing to cover them. She also had on a white blouse with the orange crown symbol on her back, a black skirt and short black boots. "They're barely visible now. Plus I can walk a little bit." "...Just don't push yourself okay?" Claude said with a small smile before he felt some clothes being pushed into his hands. "Chitchat later, will ya? For now just go change out of those dirty clothes you've been in all day." Sonya said as he was shoving him towards the door from behind. "W-wait a sec..! Don't push me...I'm still sore!" 

Hiro looked down at his outfit tugging on his orange tie a little. "I never knew tying a piece of clothing into a tie was that hard." Takushi gave him a glare obviously the one who helped Hiro set up his tie. "It's not hard, it's natural for men to know these things!" He also gave Junpei a glare who screwed up his tie so Takushi had to help him too. Even Colonello was wearing the same outfit as the guys except he looked abit uncomfortable not wearing his usual clothes. "If Lal was here she would kill me since I'm not in dress code.." He mumbled under his breath. Meanwhile Azumi continued to gobble down the donuts licking her lips with joy. "Alright, so when Claude's done changing we head out to.." She cocked her head, "Where's the final battle taking place?" Colonello held up a piece of paper he got from one of the Cervello while everyone was getting ready. "It just said to gather in the center of Mafia Land, it's not that far from here." 

_____

In Elliot's room, Veronica and Elliot were getting prepared. The Riviello mist guardian put her regular black cloak over her entire outfit covering her wounds as well as her face. She practiced walking however every step made her cringe. "Ugh this is so annoying, I guess I'm going to have to use my illusions afterall." She hated using illusions for her own need since having a weak body but in this situation she had no choice. Turning around Elliot was finished changing from his hospital gown. A knock was heard and Oz entered with his regular white shirt, black jacket, black pants, and shoes. "You ready?" He put his hands in his pockets. "Oh and one of those pinked haired lady came up to me talking about everyone meeting in the middle of Mafia Land." Veronica stood up straight making sure it didn't look like she was nervous. "Then lets go."

_____

Zeru came out from his bedroom letting out an impatient aura as his other guardians, Lukas, Danet, and Raiden were waiting. "It's time for those damn shits to realize who they're messing with." Then everyone left the penthouse heading for their destination.

Claude walked back into the room, sliding his tie into place. A hint of small embarrassment flashed on his face as he glanced towards the side. "You actually look good." Reborn commented, a small smile flashing onto his face. Sonya looked at him with a pleased look. "Heh, you're looking more like our actual boss." Junpei said as he ruffled the brunette's hair, Claude swiping his hand away a second after. "Then let's go." Alphonse cut them off. "You're opponent is probably waiting for you." Claude slightly glanced down. The entire time they were at Mafia Land, he had never seen Zeru's face. He didn't expect him to be the same size as him but he really didn't know what to expect in general. He then shook his head. No. Now is not the time to be worried. Claude lifted his head, determination lighting up his eyes. "Alphonse is right. We can't keep them waiting." Claude turned and walked out of the door. Everyone else following suit.

Meanwhile

Elliott slid on a pair of dark leather, fingerless gloves. He clenched his hand into fists. He was only really in a white shirt and black jeans, as he was wearing before. He seemed to got a hold of his replacement glasses after Azumi broke his in their battle. His crimson eyes gleamed a bit in the moonlight before he turned to Veronica, a casual smile coming to his face as he pulled a small pockey box out of his back pocket and pulled out a stick before putting it halfway into his mouth. He looked past Veronica and saw Oz walk in. "Yup, we both are." He said as he placed a hand on Veronica's shoulder, despite the big height difference. He gave another nod before the three of them headed out of the hospital.

Within a few minutes, Elliott, Veronica and Oz met up with the others of Riviello. Elliott and Veronica went their best to avoid looking any weaker in front of Zeru, although, he didn't seem to say anything. he was mostly determined on facing off with Claude.

The two Cerevello women stood at the center of the park, the space seeming to be cleared out wider that it usually was, some of the benches gone. Although, there were no barricades to avoid hitting any of the nearby buildings and attractions. There also seemed to be no obvious waiting area for the rest of the group. The Cerevello women were wearing a different attire different from all of the other nights. Their dresses appearing to be a bit puffer, like party dresses. Their masks were a bit more decorative as well. From the east side, Claude was walking from the east side of them, seeming to keep his calm as he advanced towards the Cerevello women. The rest of his group following behind him. Zeru and the rest of his group following behind him. Once the two groups met at the center, Claude took a good look at Zeru. If anything, the guy was probably twice his size. His eyes widened a bit as he saw the two axes sitting at each of his hands. "Heh, ready for you bastards to get crushed?" Junpei spat out as he rubbed his hands together, a small static of green electricity sparking in his hair. Elliott crossed his arms, the pockey still sticking out of his mouth. "Better control your mouth. You wouldn't want one of us to accidentally smash your face in, now would you?" Junpei was about to retort something when Claude held his hand up to hold him back. "Just wait for the match." Junpei stared at him for a moment before huffing and glancing away. The two Cerevello women looked back at each group before one of them cleared their throat. "This is the final battle, the Sky battle. Will both boss candidates please step forward to verify your rings." Zeru and Claude both did as they were told and went up to one of the Cerevello women, each having their rings examined before the Cerevello woman spoke up again. "For this battle, every guardian candidate will be participating. The complete rings are waiting for each guardian attribute at the battle grounds were they fought before." Lukas raised his eyebrows at this before looking down at his hand to see that it was, indeed, gone. He patted down his pants but got nothing. Danet and Raiden checked as well, along with Azumi, Usami and Alphonse. "Wait! When the hell did yo-" "Will all the guardian candidates go over to their battle grounds. There, there will be a metal wrist band that you must put on before attempting to retrieve it. If not, then you and your boss will be disqualified. Your goal is to retrieve the ring. Battling isn't necessary." The Cerevello women looked at each one of their faced before nodding slightly. "You may now proceed over there." And with that, they were all off in a flash, running as fast as their legs could carry them, leaving Zeru and Claude face to face. Reborn, Sonya and Colonello left back to a distant place where they can't interfere, a closed cafe.

"Inside each of the guardian's bracelets are two drugs: one that numbs down the muscles in the body and another that forces the lungs to stop working. The first one will be immediately injected after the wrist band is put on. They have fifteen minutes before the next drug is administered." "W-wait a second! I thought this was the sky battle, why are my friends being put as risk!?" "That's simply a price a Vongola boss have to deal with." "Bu--" "The only way the second drug can be stopped is if your guardian gets to the ring first. Your guardians must be strong enough to right along your side." Claude bit his lower lip as he glanced downward. "Whenever you two are ready, you may begin." Was the last thing she said before the two of them stepped back. Claude pulled out his pistols from his pockets, a hint of nervousness shown in his face. His hands were slightly trembling. The fact that his friends could not make it out of this one alive was still stuck in his head. Meanwhile

The twelve of them made their way to their previous battle grounds. Usami feet her legs go numb and brought out Tsubasa so she could make it there before Veronica did. A hint of worry crossed her face as she traveled on the tiger to the outskirts of Mafia Land.

Elliot was the first one to make it to the sight where he battled Azumi, or at least the remains of what used to be there. He walked past some of the rubble to see a metal tower sticking out from the ruins. He raised an eyebrow as he felt his feet touch something, a grey metal wristband with an indentation in the center, like a keyhole of some sort, that they were talking about. He bent down to pick it up before snapping it onto his wrist. A second later, a sharp but quick pain flashed into his wrist, releasing some kind of liquid into his blood stream Elliott sighed. "They just couldn't make this easier for us, could they?" He said with a bit of a cocky grin before shaking his hand a bit. 

Seeing that his destination was the closest, Alphonse seemed to have made it there within a few minutes, reaching to the core of the fun house where a metal tower was sitting along with two wrist bands on the floor. "That guy must be lurking around somewhere in here again." He muttered as he put on the bracelet, feeling a jab of needles going into his wrist, slight cringing from it. 

Veronica started heading to their battle ground when suddenly something big went right by her nearly knocking her off her feet. Looking up angerily to see who dared to piss her off, she spotted her oppoment on her tiger riding toward the outskirts of Mafia Land. 'That damn girl..' A large creepy 8ft doll appeared next to her setting Veronica on it's shoulder before dashing off after Usami. Arriving there without saying a word she set the watch on her wrist only to feel her body turn abit numb but Veronica did her best to ignore it. 'I just need to get that ring off that metal tower..' 

_____

Jogging off into the ruin circus, Azumi blinked as she looked at the rubble. "Did I..do that?" She remembered Colonello saying something about Maximum Ingram being really strong but not that strong. She looked down to see the metal watch the Cervello mentioned as she put it on her wrist. To see how the injection worked, Azumi moved her hands and did a few punches like she does in boxing practices only to find out her body was more harder to move. "This freaking sucks.." 

_____

"Lurking? Nah I don't do that unless I have to assassinate somebody." Oz appeared from the entrance walking causally up to Alphonse and putting the watch on his wrist, not even wincing when the needles were inserted. He let out a yawn, this injection was making him feel more tired than usual. He better get that ring or he'll end up sleeping on the spot. 

_____

Takushi stood by the entrance of the roller coaster feeling frustrated as the memories of him stupidly losing there still haunted him. 'I'll receive all those rings and deliver it to 11th as his right hand man.' He confidently snapped on the wristwatch.

_____

"This weird glass tank again huh.." Hiro's voice echoed throughout the aquarium as he glanced into the water. 'I wonder if that metal whale thing is in there, probably not since it'll interfere with the battle.' He looked up at the large metal tower looming over him until he heard footsteps behind him to see Danet who just arrived. "Hey its been awhile! Happy to see you're not that injured." Hiro smiled as if he was his best friend. The watch was already onto Hiro and he was just waiting for the battle to begin.

_____

Seeing his oppoment now, Zeru let out a small dark chuckle letting out a dangerous aura. 'This kid was one of the candidate for the next Vongola boss? He's just another piece of scum.' As Claude took out his pistols thinking about his guardian's safety, Zeru was losing his patience. "You shouldn't be gazing off now, trash." Without any sign or warning, he kneed Claude right into the stomach with dying will flames for more damage. Claude flied through the air landing hard against a tree as it tobbled down with a crash from the force. Colonello gritted his teeth, "That basterd! Claude wasn't even in Hyper Dying Will Mode!" Voices of concern came from his guardians from Claude's watch (the bosses are not injected with the anestheic, just regular watches to hear their guardians voices). "11th are you ok?!" "You didn't break anything did you?" "Beat the shit out of him for doing that!" From a faraway distance from the action, the Cervello noticed Zeru making the first move and the woman's voice echoed throughout Mafia Land, "And let the final Sky Battle begin!" 

The boy felt his body rush sharply through the air and was met with a hard force from behind. The pain was spreading quickly throughout all of his body. He tried his best too stifle his screams of agony as he bit down hard on his lower lip. Claude only brought up his head slightly, opening one eye. Zeru was still standing a good amount of distance away from him. W-Was I really thrown back that far...?! ​But there was no time to fully think about that. "Claude, are you okay?" "Don't let that guy get the better of you, alright?" There were voices of his guardians coming to him from the wrist band he was wearing, along with some cheering from Junpei. This brought up his mood, however, there was a cracking sound and he looked up to see that the tree he just slammed into was falling over, and right on top of him. He quickly raised his pistols over his head and shot right through the tree, splitting it into two. Claude pushed his body up as he hopped onto the longer part of the tree that fell in front of him. The bright, orange flame bursting onto his forehead. He tried his best to wipe away any sign of pain that may have crossed onto his face, although it wasn't working. Despite all of the training he's been doing for this very battle, he felt weak and he hated it. Claude took off, biting the bottom of his lip as he thrust his pistols to the ground and pulled the triggers. He was launched to the air, trying to keep his balance.  Within a few second, he was hovering over Zeru. He pointed one of his guns towards him and shot a heavy shot, a ball of orange flames rushing quickly for his head.

Meanwhile

"Hey~ Looks like you made it after all!" Azumi turned around to see Elliott a few feet away from her, a rather friendly grin crossed his face despite what happened between the two of them a few nights ago. "You were pretty destructive to bring a beautiful place like this down." He clenched his fists. "But don't think I'll end up losing to you again. But let's have fun, okay?" There was a faint echo, signalling for the match to begin. Elliott simply pushed the rest of the pockey into his mouth. "And there's our cue." Feet moved swiftly as he made his way towards her. He felt a bit slower than he was a few minutes ago getting here. Just what the hell did they inject us with? Tch, going to have to end this fast I guess.

Meanwhile

Tsubasa skidded to a stop as the metal tower came into view, along with Veronica. Milky brown eyes stared at the other before she slid off of the tiger and walked towards the bracket that was sitting on the ground. Just as Veronica was doing, she picked up the item and clamped it onto her wrist, a small sting following after. At the faint cue for them to begin, Usami hesitated to move. She was scared that the same thing would happen to her again. She drew out a hard sigh as she reached for her whip sitting at her hip. I'll just use this for now. Tsubasa disappeared into purple aura as Usami brought out her weapon and advanced towards the metal tower. She felt the fluids that were injected into her rush through her body. She had no idea what that was that was injected into her but she needed to get the ring before she could find out.

Meanwhile

Danet walked into the aquarium, seemingly out of breath, but he still walked as if it was nothing. At the sound of Hiro's voice, his calm eyes narrowed. He picked up the wrist band and snapped it onto his wrist, the sharp pain was ignored. He placed his ear buds away as he stopped a few feet from Hiro and the metal tower. He had no idea whether that shark was in there again, but he was disgusted and confused over Hiro's kindness. Danet sighed as he drew out one of his shorter looking katanas out at the sound of the battle commencing. "Listen you naive shit.." for a second there, he sounded like Lukas. "Quit playing the whole nice guy attitude with me. I'm your enemy. You're only going to get yourself killed like last time." This was more of a warning than advice. Danet rushed forward, his blade sparking against the metal platform they were on.

Meanwhile

Alphonse looked back to see Oz appearing. He looked unamused. "Are you really going to go and fall asleep on me? I can't be that borning of an opponent." Although, Alphonse would prefer this whole battle to be done and over with now. It was all too much of a bother.

Meanwhile

"Oi! Well look who it is~! The loser storm guardian from last time." Lukas cheered as he appeared behind Takushi, a smirk planted on his face. His wrist band was already on. "What's with the scary look, champ? Come on, it's the final battle! You at least gotta be feeling a bit pumped!" He paused as he cocked his head to the side, blue eyes gleaming as he lowered his voice. "Oh that's right.....you already know that your shit boss candidate is gonna lose, dontcha?"  

Meanwhile

Junpei stumbled onto the electric board derby arena. He tiredly grabbed a board as he landed on it on his stomach and just hovered there on the arena grounds. The dirty haired blonde was completely out of breath. "Shit...why didn't they tell me to come here first instead of running here!?" He whined as he saw a wrist band coming up towards him as his board floated a bit. Junpei stared at it for a moment before he reached for it and placed it onto his wrist. The sharp pain of needles came and he didn't take it so well compared to everybody else. "O-Owww!!! W-What the hell!?" he overreacted, not even noticing the signal for that battle to begin.

Seeing the kid flying in the air, Zeru showed no sign of surprise, only a look of boredom. Just as the shot was about to hit him, his feet gave out an amount of dying will flames lifting him up in the air like a rocket dodging the flaming shot. Floating in the air with the flames underneath his feet, Zeru gave Claude a cocky smirk. "Not bad for a young scum like you to be able to control your dying will flames." He got into a ready position, his expression darkened. "However.." Flames appeared on the blade of his axe and with one swing, a wave of blinding heat covered the sky allowing Claude not to see for a few seconds and Zeru appeared before him with his burning axe raised above his head bringing it down and hitting Claude sending him slamming into the ground. Back at the place Sonya, Reborn, and Colonello were, they all watch this scene unfold on the screen Colonello cletching his hands. "How..how is a guy like this somehow related to Tsuna?" He turned to Reborn wondering if he knew the answer, he was the ultimate hitman afterall, almost nothing could get pass this guy. 

_____ 

Azumi jumped away as Elliot tried to dash up to her, her left arm was still damaged from the last battle so she can't block anything with that it. 'I just need to get that ring, then I'll be able to beat him.' She took a quick glance at the metal tower guessing how much power she's going to need to knock it down. The problem was if the tower do get knocked down and the ring falls, who's gonna dive in and get it first? Beads of sweat were beating down her forehead, 'What should I do?'

_____

Seeing Usami's tiger disappear, Veronica frowned. She was expecting Usami to use her illusions to get up on the tower but her oppoment seem to be hesitating. "You're not using your illusions...are you scared you're going to go insane again?" Veronica tried to sound tough but a hint of fear slipped out, she still had nightmares of being almost killed by this girl. 

_____

"Whoa!" Hiro took out his katana from the sheathe in the nick of time as he blocked the blow. This guy was serious about killing him now, and it looked like the injectiong wasn't bothering him at all while Hiro could already feel his muscles going numb. "Well I was lucky that thing didn't kill me but I couldn't just stand there when you were about to be eaten." He managed to knock Danet away. "Now this battle is different, all my friends' lives are in danger and I have to get that ring in order to help them." Hiro got into battle stance, "So I will fight this time, for my friends." He was on the offensive now digging his feet into the ground before charging at Danet swinging his katana in a flurry. The strikes weren't aiming for death, Hiro is trying to at least injure Danet enough to give up. 

_____ 

"No you're not boring, I just have my focus on something else." Hearing the signal of the battle commencing, Oz took out his blades but instead to going for Alphonse he went straight for the metal tower. Appartently the injection was bothering him alot and he was just itching just take the watch off. Disappearing into the shadow, Oz's shadow swiftly moved up the tower heading for the ring. 'I don't have to fight him, I could just get the ring and go.' 

_____

Takushi laughed not letting the words Lukas spouted out bother him. "Ha, 11th is much more capable of being the next Vongola boss. Just watch, he will be beat the crap out your shitty boss." He aimed his crossbows at Lukas firing abit of explosives and arrows with insivisble wires attached to them.

_____

"Hmm you're still alive." Junpei turned around with to see Raiden sitting on the floating board with a bored expression. Getting up, 6 spears appeared before him all sparked up with electricity. Raiden stared down at Junpei, "It's sad, you'll have to experience this pain again and I'll make sure you won't make it out alive this time." A smile played on his lips as 2 of his spears turned invisible and 3 of this other spears went straight for Junpei.

As the flames shot towards him, he squinted as he held his pistols up to block. It was for a quick second before Claude looked down to see that the young man was gone. His eyes widened as it darted around but he sensed something behind him a second later. Before he had any time to react, a loud grunt came out from Claude as he was struck from the back. His body slammed into the ground, forming a small crater under him along with dust and debris showing out from the ground. His head was throbbing and pain shot itself throughout his nerves. It was perhaps more painful than slamming into that tree. Claude gritted his teeth, holding back from screaming in pain. He could feel blood seeping into his mouth. I...I can't do this... Whatever self confidence that was streaming through his head up until now seemed to have just vanished. The amount of brutality Zeru was putting into his attacks seemed to be too much for the boy. With some of the strength he could gather from his neck, Claude lifted his head up to see an area just a few meters away with a bunch of trees, like a mini forest. He was already resulting to this. With the pain spiking in his body, he only had as much as a few minutes before he would collapse again from the soreness in his muscles. He had to make the best of it. Swiping one of his pistols off of the ground, he turned his body and fired a few more shots at Zeru from where he was before shooting into the ground, making another dust cloud. Claude picked up his other pistol and ran. Ran as fast as his legs could carry him. He almost tripped but quickly regained his balance and continued running.  I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this....I'm going to get killed. Once he made it into the mini forest, he ran deeper inside before dropping against a tree, coughing up the blood that was in his mouth earlier. Claude dug his fingers into his hair in frustration. He knew fully well that he was wimping out on this and knew that the battle was still going on. He just needed to think and recover. "Dammit...dammit all!" he almost screamed out of frustration before pounding a fist into the ground.

"W-What is he doing!?" Sonya almost shot out of her chair. Reborn, however, just said nothing and watched, probably wondering the same thing as well. He heard Colonello's question and sighed. "I know, it's hard to believe that that guy is closely related to someone like Tsuna." He looked over at him. "I believe Zeru wasn't always like this. In a sense, he's Tsuna's adoptive brother but he was never officially adopted with documents. He was taken into the family after his own died in a house fire when he was young. They found him on the streets at the time.  He was also mentally unstable from that traumatic experience so Tsuna's mother was able to fix that when raising him There's a lot of things behind the guy but it's really a lot of explaining." he said as he sighed. Still, Tsuna rarely interacts with him due to his busy affairs with Vongola. Why chose him out of all people?

Meanwhile

Elliott was ready to strike down a punch on her when she suddenly moved away. He raised an eyebrow before looking over to see that her attention was directed towards the metal tower. "Hey now, are you really starting to ignore me? How rud-" he was cut off at the feeling of his body growing heavy. Sure, he's too much of an eater but he was relatively fit. Is this from the injection? Elliott looked up from the tower before moving. He was a bit slower, but still made it to the metal tower quickly. He grabbed onto one of the bar and began climbing to reach the ring while fighting off the numbness that was starting to settle into his body.

Meanwhile

Veronica's comment made Usami frown, knowing that what she was saying was true. She was afraid of breaking again; and it was just her and her opponent this time. Nobody could stop her if she went insane again. "I don't need my illusions to bet someone like you." she said with a bit of courage as she kept moving on her burned legs. She moved her hand that housed her whip and swung, but not at Veronica, instead, the metal tower. It wrapped around one of the legs and Usami pulled it as hard as she could. Slowly, it leaned down until it fell, crashing to the ground. The ring fell off and landed on the ground somewhere.

Meanwhile

Danet held his short sword up, blocking Hiro's string of attack with a displeased look on his face. "Your blade. You have no intent to truly defeat me." Danet slashed Hiro at his side with his other short sword before kicking him in the chest with his foot. "Fight for you friends....how can you protect them if you're not truly willing to take out your opponent!? Do you think this is just a game or something?" Danet sounded truly angered and bothered. He felt his finger starting to numb up a bit but ignored it. "It's bastards like you that pisses me off in this world!"

- - - - - - - - - - -

"Danet!" A sixteen year old version of Danet looked up from where he was sitting at the curb. This was five years ago, when the male was in high school. Nothing much was different about him from how he was now. A long haired redhead ran up to him, the girl seeming to be out of breath once she reached him. "Hmm? You get too tired quickly, you know that?" "Ugh, shut up. I'm not athletic, that's all." she straightened herself up before offering a hand to the male. "Roy and I are going to the beach. We wanted you to come with us. The three of us always go places together, don' we?" Danet stared up at the girl, a small smile coming to his face. Happiness and calamity seemed to just radiate from her, as if she was a goddess in his eyes. "Fine fine, I'll go. But only because you guys need me to watch your asses." The girl pouted and started complaining as her hand and the two of them left.

-

"Heyy. Took you guys long enough. Hiyoko, did it really take you that long to pick him up?" A stupid grin was plastered on the ravened haired male as he looked over to Danet and the girl, Hiyoko. She planted her hands on her hips. "Well soooorry for not knowing where he was in the first place. Danet is hard to keep track of sometimes." This only made Danet roll his eyes. "Didn't you want to go to the beach or something?" "Yeah! There's a festival there today. I thought it would be fun with the three of us going together." "Besides, there'll be lots of food and music there. Won't that be great??" They continued their small chat while walking with each other along the side walk. There was a small whisper and Danet jerked his head to the side to see where it was coming from. There was a guy standing against one of the buildings from behind them. He looked disturbed and frightened. "Hm?.Danet, what's the matter?" He didn't say anything and kept his eyes on the stranger. "Danet...? Oh hi!" Roy responded as he walked over to Danet's side and waved at the stranger. "C-Can you h-h-help me?" All three of them stared at the young man with a confused look. He was leaning against the wall, as if clutching onto it. He was in a high school uniform and his hair was unruly. His eyes were also pale. "Are you blind?" Hiyoko asked and he slightly nodded his head, pale blue eyes appearing empty. "I lost my service dog and my walking stick just a while ago...and I've been wondering around here ever since. I'm only new to this place so I don't know my way around here." He looked as if he was almost close to tears. Roy facial expression seemed to soften but Danet remained emotionless. "Guys...we have to help this guy. The festival can wait." "Let the police deal with him or something." "Danet?" "Dude! How can you say that!?! He's blind man." "I'm not buying it. Like I said, let the police deal with him. We can just call 911 or something. How would a blind guy be able to wonder around a city and conveniently end up here? It's shady" Roy shot him a disappointed looked before grabbing Hiyoko's wrist. "Come on Hiyoko. We need to help him." She hesitated for a moment before simply nodding. "Thank you..." The guy said as he looked up, his gaze failing to hit them. Roy guided him with his hand on his shoulder as the three of the disappeared into the alley way to find his pet and walk stick. Danet, however, remained unmoved. He sighed as he leaned against the building, waiting for them.

A few minutes passed by and he was about to call one of them before he heard a piercing scream. A female scream. Danet jumped off of the wall before running into the alley way. The screaming got closer and clear as he drew near. "Hiyoko!!??! Roy!??" he called out as he rounded the corner before freezing where he was. His eyes widened, his heart shattering at what he was witnessing. Roy was unconcious on the ground and Hiyoko struggling with the guy and an accomplice, both of them grabbing her arms and shirt. "Danet!! D-Danet, Rooy...Roy was-" "Shut it!" A hard kick came to the back of her head as she was grabbed by the hair. The male they came across earlier looked over at Danet, a sadistic smile coming across his face. "Your friends here were really no help in finding my lost pet. Maybe wearing these contacts were just a waste of time. But I did get a reward~" He held up what looked like to be Roy and Hiyoko's wallets. "The guy is just stacking. I'm quite impressed. But  the girl..." he yanked harder on her red locks, causing her to cringe in pain. "Just worthl-" "LET GO OF HER!" Danet screamed as he came rushing at the male, only to be tackled down by the other male, his weight crushing his back. "Oh, is this your girlfriend?" Out of his pocket came a pistol. "You wouldn't be mad if I placed her out of her misery, would you?" The guy was met with a hard kick to the groin from Hiyoko and cringed in pain. He released her hair and she tried to best to scramble away. "Danet!" She cried as she reached out her hand towards him. "SHIT. YOU FKING BITCH!"  "Hiyok--!" A gunshot went off. Everything grew silent. Hiyoko's hand, the one she would always lend out to Danet, seeming to spread happiness wherever she would go, it would always reach him. But not this time. Danet's eyes widened with horror. She was shot in the back of the head, some of her blood getting onto Danet's face. Her body laid limp in front of him. Tears wasted no time to form into his eyes, blurring up his vision. The guy that pinned him down seemed to be a bit shocked from this and loosened up on his grip on Danet. "Dude..did you really have to-" He was cut off with a hard elbow to the jaw before he was knocked backwards. The guy staggered backwards and Danet sprang up. His fist drove into the guy's face, knocking him cold to the ground. "You little shit you're d-" The next thing he said was just a agonizing scream. There was a bullet shot into his leg. Shot by Danet who found the gun in the other guy's pocket.

With an emotionless expression, he kept his gun at the guy that just killed Hiyoko."H-Hey now! Don't want to do anything wreck-less now. Guy like yourself should become a murderer." Danet stayed silent for a moment. "Go to hell...Danet said, his voice was trembling from the amount of tears that was spilling from his eyes. The trigger was pulled again, the bullet going through his chest. He shot again and again, shooting through his body even though the guy was dead. Danet pulled the trigger again and noticed that it was empty. He slouched down to his knees. He could hear the police sirens in the distance but didn't care. He lost both of his friends due to Roy's naive kindness.

"Holy.....damn man. Did you just kill him?? He's a bloody mess dude." Danet looked behind him to see two figures standing over him, a short haired redhead with a snow cap on and a curly short haired male. "Shit man. That's just brutal...Which is why we're recruiting ya." Danet said nothing. "The name's Lukas, and this is Raiden. Just come with us. You don't want to go to jail now do you? Besides, you seem capable to be useful to our boss. You can become stronger....so nobody else that you care about have to die.

Back to the Present 

Danet clenched his fists in his lap. "His fking kindness.....got both of them killed...she was taken away from me" Danet looked up, both blades tightly gripped in his hands. "STOP WITH THIS BULLSHIT OF YOURS ALREADY. STAYING NAIVE LIKE THAT WILL GET YOUR ASS KILLED! You're not even worth wasting my time with for a battle like this!" 

Hiro landed on the ground after being kicked by Danet, he could feel his pain and sorrow rushing to him. Hearing him say that Hiro couldn't help but think something like that might happen to him and his friends. 'Will I..get my friends killed like this?' Ever since Hiro was a child his father and the sports he participated taught him all about showing kindness and good sportsmanship to other people, soon enough acting this way was completely natural for him. 'Unless..' His chest throbbing and his legs feeling numb, he somehow got up as he breathed heavily. "Maybe...maybe you just weren't strong enough.." With Danet already almost at a mental break out, Hiro wanted to shut himself up but he kept going. "If only you came with them, if only you helped them in the beginning, alot of things might've changed. You can call me naive all you want, but if my attitude is going to bring my friends into danger, I'll just have to be strong enough to fix my mistakes." His katana gleamed. "I understand now, killing isn't the only way to defeat someone in order to help the ones you love!" Hiro looked at Danet determinely and Danet couldn't help but think about Roy with that same face.

_____

Dodging the bullets Claude shot at him, Zeru watched in amusement as the young Vongola disappeared somewhere into the small forest. "Running away now? We don't need dumb shits like you in the Vongola at all!" He faced the direction where the guardians were fighting. The thought of searching for that weak boss candidate bored him and a plan occured to him to drive Claude out. "Heh, if you're going to be that way then watch as all your guardians die one by one." One swing of his axe, a powerful dying will flame was shot straight where Takushi and Lukas was and another heading at the aquariam. The two flames landed right on the metal towers in perfect aim despite the distance as the tower tobbled over with the rings landing near Danet and Lukas's feet.

Staring at the screen at what just happened, Colonello gritted his teeth, "Shit! His rain and storm guardians are going to get the ring and with their numbness gone, they can easily kill Takushi and Hiro!" 

_____

Azumi watched as Elliot began to climb the metal tower. Climbing was not her thing and with the head start her oppoment have, she'll never reach it before him. "Then I guess I have no choice," She drew her right fist back and got into a battle stance then with full force she hit the base of the tower as she yelled. "Maximum Cannon!" The tower creaked and moaned as it fell down not harming Elliot as the ring fell off and rolled off on the ground. After taking a little breather from her move she forced her legs to move forward after the ring. 

_____

Takushi coughed as the tower fell down from a dying will flame that came from the direction where Zeru and Claude were fighting. 'That damn bastard, aiding his guardians like that..' As the smoke settled the first thing he searched for was the ring and hearing a click from the sound of the ring landing on the floor, he headed for that sound only to find the ring right next to Lukas's feet. Before his enemy could pick it up, Takushi aimed his crossbow at the ring and he shot it sending the ring away from Lukas and disappeared somewhere in the debris of the metal tower. "Not doing to let you get the ring this time you bastard!" 

Danet's eyes widened slightly as he looked at Hiro, the slight image of Roy flashing. Roy.. What a coincidence that the two were so like. His head went down again in silence. His teeth gritted in frustration. "They....might have still been here with me..." he spoke softly for the first time since he encountered Hiro. He just sat there in thought, actually considering Hiro's words, before a strong wave of flames crashed into the aquarium and hitting the metal tower that stood between him and Hiro. Glass shattered everywhere as the tower began to fall and crash down onto the metal ground, separating the two. The orange flames spread out throughout the tower and onto the ground, like wildfire. Danet already had a feeling that this was Zeru's doing. Conveniently, the ring seemed to have landed within Danet's reach. Danet looked over at the ring that was sitting in front of him, eyes appearing to be tired and stress from going back on those painful memories. If I just grabbed it, everything will be over... A hand moved off of to reach for the ring but suddenly stopped. Instead, a sharp and dull pain spiked through, which caused him to cringe back. He was losing feeling in his arms as well as his legs. The male grimaced as he tried to move again, only feeling that shock come back again. I can't move! Whatever was being injected into his body stopped flowing, probably due to the tower being destroyed, though he wasn't aware of the poison that was going to injected into his body soon, he could only expect the worse to end up happening. This place was going to end up being burned down soon.

Meanwhile

Lukas slightly shielded his eyes from all of the dirt zipping about from the crash. He squinted downwards at the sound of metal clicking on the floor. It was the storm guardian ring. He quickly moved his hands to pick it up but was too late, Takushi already sending it flying. Lukas recoiled back his hand, the crossbow having burned his fingers. "Shit..you just had to make this more difficult for me, huh?" he snickered as he withdrew his large sword that was sitting on his back with one hand. "Not like I wasn't ready for a round two with you of course." With his free hand, he gestured Takushi to come forth, feeling the numbness go though his hand but simply ignored it. He had a good enough idea as to what was going on with the bracelets. "Let's just end this already before our time runs out." 

Meanwhile

Claude's eyes widened as he heard Zeru and placed his head into his hands. His body still hurts like hell but he moved to get up slowly. He already knew what Zeru was doing. It just couldn't be helped, he was trying to get Claude out of there to fight him. He didn't know what Zeru meant exactly when he said that he was going to eliminate his friends, but surly, the Cerevello women were going to stop him from interfering with their battles...right? Claude looked around but saw no sight of them, as if they just disappeared. Slowly, the male walked closer towards the edge of the small forest, pressing his back against a tree. He pulled out one of his pistols from his pocket, his dying will flame igniting itself again on his forehead. From where he was standing, Zeru had his back turned away from Claude, a blind spot. Claude charged his pistol as his finger laid steadily on the trigger.. He waited for a moment, taking a deep breath before moving off of the tree and firing towards Zeru, the flame being smaller but much faster than before.

Sonya, who finally calmed down and placed her chin in her hands, slightly smirked at what she was seeing before turning over to Colonello. "Come on man. You worry too much." She would be sounding crazy to the blonde male with her sudden optimism, but she simply turned her attention back to the screen where they were watching the matches. "I'm sure they'll figure something out. Even in times like these, it's good to have hope in Claude's guardians, don'tcha think?"

Meanwhile

Elliott tripped backwards and moved off of the tower before it can crash on top of him. He soon lost slight of the ring as it disappeared somewhere in the debris of the circus. He coughed a bit before looking over to see Azumi making her move. A slight smirk played on his face. "Hey now, that's just cheating." He said as he made his way over to her as fast as he could, despite his muscles being numbed down. The crimson eyed blonde jumped off the ground and swung his leg hard, hitting her in the back and sending her flying. He couldn't detect where the ring flew off to, but he can only assume that Azumi was going for it.

Meawhile

Junpei's eyes widened as he shot lighting out through his feet, shooting himself and the board backwards to avoid being stabbed by Raiden's spears. He struggled to stand up on his two feet before his eyes darted left and right. Wait, where did the other ones go!? He could have sworn that there were more spears but it feels that they just up and vanished. He felt a sharp pain graze across his cheek and the side of his face. It felt like metal cutting against his skin. "...Wha..." Junpei lifted his hand to feel that blood was seeping down the bad gash she just received on his cheek. Annoyed, Junpei's hand began to spark with green electricity as iron sand began to surface from the ground, forming into a sword like weapon in his hands. "Stop messing with me dammit! Get out of my way so I can get back to Cloud!" He shouted as his dirty blonde hair egan to slightly spark. Even in battle, he was wasn't a hundred percent serious with referring to Claude properly. 

Being thrown backwards by the falling tower, Hiro coughed from the smoke entering in his lungs. 'What the, who just did that?' He knew it wasn't Danet, then maybe those orange flames were from either his own friend Claude or the enemy Claude is fighting now. 'Claude wouldn't do something like this, endangering us like that, then it has to be Claude's oppoment.' Suddenly from the other side of the tower his sharp ears picked up a small clink like something small fell down. 'It's the ring!' He cursed to himself, of course, their boss is helping them get the rings! Hiro tried to get up only to notice his muscles weren't responding, 'Dammit not now!' The smell of smoke continued to get stronger and he figured if he didn't get out of here then he's going to end up getting suffocated. Gritting his teeth, he forced his legs to move as he slowly got up using his katana for support. He had no idea if Danet already put on the ring and left but the only thing Hiro was thinking now was to get rid of this smoke. Limping closer to the water, he dipped his katana in the water and closed his eyes. 'Shigure Soan Ryu Form 8, Pelting Rain!'

Concentrating with his last remaining strength, he swung his blade with the water flowing along his movements as he cut through the smoke letting the water swallow the blacken air into little puffs of fog. With the smoke and fire now gone, the remaining water fell down onto earth like rain as Hiro slowly made his way around the tower. Seeing Danet motionless, Hiro's concern grew as he made his way over to him only to fall down on his face due to him not feeling his legs at all. 'I-I need to get that ring don't I?' He stretched his arm as long as possible barely getting the ring from his fingertips as he insert it into his watch. With a little click, the watch was released and Hiro felt his muscles gradually coming back to him. With a sigh of relief he went over to Danet and put the ring in his watch too as it popped right off his wrist. Seeing him still in a state of shock, Hiro put his arm over his neck and helped Danet up as they both made their way out of the aquarium. Setting him down on the bench, Hiro let out a cheerful laugh. "That was a close one wasn't it?" The ring was currently in Hiro's pocket. 

_____

Veronica looked at Usami with shock as she single handedly took the metal tower down. 'This girl, she always have endless surprises for me huh.' Seeing the ring roll off, she summoned more creepy dolls to go after it as she faced her oppoment. "You don't need illusions huh? Then you're bound to lose against me this time." 'I have to win this, in order for Zeru to give me a second chance I have to get this ring!'

_____

Feeling Elliot's foot hit her in the back, Azumi tobbled over as she fell to the ground. "You little-" Her anger bubbled blinding her from realizng her muscles starting to become numb as she dashed toward him throwing many punches at his direction nailing a couple at his stomach and arms. However as she continued her movements were getting slower from the injection and she quickly backed away to catch a breather. 'This watch..did it do something to me?' "Hey you!" She pointed at Elliot almost like she was accusing him for her tiring movements. "What the hell did this watch do?!"

_____

Zeru felt the bullets hit him from his blind spot as he cringed from the pain as he quickly turned around to the direction where Claude is. "Piece of trash, hiding while you attack isn't going to help you." He got into a battle position spotting Claude as he flies toward him with full speed, his axe blazing in dying will flames. 

Danet shielded his eyes as best as he could as the smoke and debris hanging in the air burned his eyes. Within a minute, however, he felt it all disappear and water began to soak his body, as if it began to rain. His arm moved away from his face as he saw Hiro come over to him. His eyebrows raised. How did he do that...? Perhaps he was doubting Hiro's true abilities this whole time with such narrow minded thinking. Being that his legs were numbed up, he only only watch as Hiro took the ring that was sitting in front of him and got the wrist band off, falling to the ground with a thud. He was expecting the brunette to leave him there but instead, Hiro came over to him and inserted the ring into the slot pf the wrist band, popping it off. Without getting time to respond, he felt himself getting lifted up off of the ground and one of his arms slung over Hiro's shoulder. After a few minutes went by, they were finally out of the aquarium and Danet was sat down on a bench. By now, most of the feeling came back to his arms but his legs were still a bit numb. With his hood pulled over his head, all he could do was avert his eyes downward. At this point, he could care less as to whether he has the ring or not. The fact of the matter was that he lost and he was going to have to deal with Zeru's shit once this was all over. But this battle wasn't a complete loss for him. He didn't respond to Hiro's comment, but instead sat there or a second in thought before finally speaking. "Thanks..." Danet raided his head, a smile crossed on his lips, the first one in a long time. "Thanks for everything...Hiro."

Meanwhile

Usami skidded to a stop and took a few steps back as the dolls surrounded the ring. She had no intention to take them all down with just her whip, or believed that she could do so. Dusty brown eyes went over to her adversary, a frown making its way onto her face. "We'll just see about that." She replied as she dashed forward towards Veronica. Before she could swing her whip down towards the other, there was a shock in one of her legs which caused Usami to crash to the ground, slightly skidding before she came to a stop, the rocky terrain scratching up her clothes and skin. She clenched her teeth as one of her hands clutched at her thigh. It was throbbing in pain. She remembered the doctor telling her to be careful when using them or else a nerve will be struck, possibly damaging one permanently. Gah, why now?! Usami made an attempt to pick herself up by pushing herself up with her hands but only fell down again, as the pain struck harder in her leg. She tried her best not to let any tears slip out as she never experienced this much pain before. Her only option would be to use her illusions, but fear was only taking over. 

Meanwhile

Elliott dodged most of her attacks with the amount of energy he had left to move around as fast as he could, but he still got hit a few times and fell backwards on her last punch to the stomach. As Azumi started yelling at him, he slowly brought himself back onto his feet, harshly breathing but a smirk still plastered on his lips. "What? You haven't figured it out yet?" He said as he brought a finger up, pointing to Azumi's watch. "They're injecting us with something. And from the looks of it, we're on a time limit as to how it takes us for one of us to get that ring." Elliott slightly pouted as he crossed his arms. "But I'm not doing it. It's those Cerevello bastards." Behind his spectacles, crimson eyes gleamed out of amusement, despite being in pain right now. A small chuckle escaped his lips. "Amusing....you so amusing it's going to make me cry.he chucked as he dashed at her again, a different aura surrounding him, a rather eerie one. Any concern he ad about retrieving the ring was going away quickly. He just wanted to toy with the pinkette more.

Meanwhile

Claude's eyes widened as Zeru wasn't knocked down from that attack, less out of surprise and more out of fear. This guy...isn't human.. With the speed that Zeru was coming at him with, all Claude could do was stand his ground. The brunette quickly dug his feet into the ground and lifted his pistols up in front of himself, both being engulfed by dying will flames. The impact was hard and heavy that Claude almost felt himself fall backwards. But the smaller male clenched his teeth as tried is best to push back, the flames from his forehead beginning to grow stronger. Zeru was moving him back slightly but not much. Determination was blazing in his eyes, the same determination that Tsuna had back then.  

Meanwhile

Alphonse was breathing heavily now as he stood in front of Oz. From the long skirmish they were having, they were equally matched, nothing being able to take each other down for good. Alphonse's limbs were losing feeling but he was still able to stay on his two feet with the amount of will power that he had. Brows furrowed at he stared at the other in annoyance. "You are one tough opponent. Although it won't be long before one of us completely collapses from whatever they injected into our bloodstream." He said rather dully, although he wasn't going to admit that he was close to falling to his knees. But I wonder how everyone else is doing...especially Claude.