Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Motomu Toriyama might be the highest selling director in Square Enix history

Well some people can't risk payinbg 60$ for something that they may or may not like

Very true. But still, they don't need to hate on it if that's the case. Like I don't know if I'd like X-2 or not (I probably wouldn't), but I'm not gonna hate on it. I'm just not gonna buy it. :P

Given Toriyama's involvement in the XIII trilogy, I can admit that if he were to direct another mainline Final Fantasy (and I don't see why he won't) then I'll be reluctant to give it a chance based on my experience with his last one.

As I haven't played X or X-2 I can't make judgements on them, but at the same time I never criticise those games any ways.

I don't know about X-2, but X is solid. Still, when I play it nowadays, I can almost smell the faint whiff of Toriyama's diarrhea of mediocrity in the game.  It's very faint compared to the XIII series (as well as X-2, so I'm told), but you can pick up on his crap ideas in it if you look closely enough. Even so, I still quite like X. I'd recommend it if you get a chance to play it. 

I played all 3 games in the XIII trilogy and even played The 3rd Birthday which was also directed by Toriyama if this post was directed at me and I also made a lengthy review of Lightning Returns FFXIII

No it wasn't. Tabata directed The 3rd Birthday. Toriyama never directed a PSP game.