Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DustPAL

KHUX Fixing the raid boss template

So I've noticed a few issues with the Raid Bosses template that I'm not sure how to fix myself. Or not even sure if it's just an issue only I'm experiencing since I'm using FireFox or my smaller screen size on my laptop.

1. Most notably, the Omega tab doesn't actually work. I can see the information lives in the wiki, but it cannot seem to be displayed.

2. The picture on the right tends to clash with the words on the left, which makes it difficult to read.

Also, there's a general lack of information that I'll fill in when I can, but feel I could use a bit of help:

1. Omega drops are just not present.

2. Some Raid Boss rewards seem to only go up to level 19.

3. Raid Boss information after 200 seems to be pretty sparse. All the main wiki text seems to mention is anything before 200, but we still get raids after 200, so not sure how to best compile this information.

I edited the Raid Boss template so it automatically has the tabs in it, and it displays both the normal and omega form. (For the omega form stats, add "O" behind the parameter, so use "imageO" for the omega image, etc.)

The other things are not related to the template, but to the individual pages.

So I've spell-checked the info that I have (there were some really fun autocorrect changes in there). The mission information is quite accurate (and based on experience seems to be the same between the JP and NA versions), the rewards aren't listed out according to the Boss level, but they seem to be accurate ranges based on my experience. I'm not sure what the best way to display this information would be, or if it's something that would be better suited to a walkthrough or a guide rather than a Wiki. 

Raiding info up to mission 350.

Omega Bosses don't spawn entirely randomly; they typically operate on a 'jump pattern', which is different for each stage. Known jump patterns are recorded below (n being 'normal', and O being 'Omega').

Behemoths missions (all Power targets): 1-34, 140-162

Omega Behemoth (Horn is Magic, Core is Power): 151, 160

151 n, n, O, n, n, O, O, n, O

160 O, O, O, n, O, n, O, n, O, O

Drops are as follows:

Behemoth: 3* and 4* Hueys until lvl 20, then Fauna medals start coming in every ten lvls. Mythril Stones and Mythril Gems are given as well

Omega Behemoth: 5* and 6* star Hueys with Fauna medals, Mythril crystals are dropped as well

Guard Armors (all Speed targets): 35-66, 170-188

Omega Guard Armor (Arms and Core are Magic, Head and Legs are Speed): 161, 170, 174, 177, 186

161: n, n, O, n, n, O, n, n, O, n

170: n, n, n, O, n, n, n, O, n, n

174: Omegas spawn at random

177: n, n, O, n, n, O, n, n, O, n

186: Omegas spawn at random

Drops are as follows:

Guard Armor: 3* and 4* star moogles, Cheshire Cats and Merlins up to lvl 30. After lv 30, Cheshires are dropped and Fairy Godmothers are given

Trickmasters (all Magic targets): 97-130

Omega Trickmaster (Core is Speed, Left arm is Power, Right arm is Magic): 222, 223, 224

222: n, n, n, O, O, n, n, n, O, O

223: n, n, n, n, O, n, n, n, n, O

244 subs spawn for each tm u kill so kill three u spawn three

Drops are as follows:

Trickmaster: 3* and 4* Deweys, Mythril stones up to lvl 30. Mythril gems and Merriweather evolving items are able to be earned.

Omega Trickmaster: 5* and 6* Deweys and Merriweather magic evolving items. Mythril crystals are brought in at lvl 10

Darkside (all Speed targets): 67-96, 193-220

Omega Darksides (Core is Speed, Arms are Power): 201, 209, 216

201 Omegas spawn at random

209 n, n, n, O, O, n, n, n, O, O

216 Omegas always spawn

Drops are as follows:

Darkside: 4* and 5* Louie medals, Mythril stones until lvl 30 then start to spawn speed evolving medals

Venom Spiders (all Power targets): 301-350

Omega Venom Spiders (Core, Stinger and Middle Spider are Power, Left and Right Spiders are Magic): 312, 322, 326

312 n, n, O, n, n, O, n, n, O, n

322 n, O, n, O, n, O, n, O, n, O

326 Omegas spawn at random

Drops are as follows:

Venom Spider: 4* and 5* Moogles, Cheshire Cats, and Merlins up to lvl 20, then Cheshires are dropped and Fairy Godmothers are given. At lvl 50 Merlins are dropped and Yen Sids and Mickeys are given Mythral stones and gems are dropped as well

Omega Venom Spiders: 5* and 6* Moogles, Fairy Godmothers, Yen Sids and Mickeys, Mythril crystals are given as well

(Trident Anchors spawn exclusively after Mission 350.)

I edited the Raid Boss template so it automatically has the tabs in it, and it displays both the normal and omega form. (For the omega form stats, add "O" behind the parameter, so use "imageO" for the omega image, etc.)

The other things are not related to the template, but to the individual pages.

Oh, thanks for fixing the tabs! Didn't even notice the parameters were not specified with the "O" at the end correctly.

So I've spell-checked the info that I have (there were some really fun autocorrect changes in there). The mission information is quite accurate (and based on experience seems to be the same between the JP and NA versions), the rewards aren't listed out according to the Boss level, but they seem to be accurate ranges based on my experience. I'm not sure what the best way to display this information would be, or if it's something that would be better suited to a walkthrough or a guide rather than a Wiki. 

I've been using the wiki as a bit of a walkthrough, so I don't see the harm in it going on the wiki. That is all really great information you have. Still confused which raid bosses would show up for:

131-139

163-169

189-192

221-300

Guess those just need more investigation?

Excited that there are two more Raid Bosses coming! When I saw the wiki only had four, I was a bit bummed out because that was too few and I've seen them all already. I wish they went with an easier way to know which Raid Boss you'd get though, like they did for the last two.

Also, someone fixed the words clashing with the picture, which is great! However, if too many spawn quests are listed in that parameter, it squishes the table so that's it difficult to read. Is it possible to force a line break on a parameter that has too many characters or do we need a second parameter so we don't have to list them all in one parameter? For a good example of this, look at the Darkside page.

Edited by DustPAL

Right now would be a good time to check which bosses appear there, with the 1 AP event in the JP version. Once I've finished guilting everything in my inventory, I'll check out those sections. My teammates are investigating the other raid spawn points in the meantime (or at least they've told me they are, lol).