Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
rosco258

Why do people hate kingdom hearts DDD

Wow suprised how many comments this got. Anyway yea nomura did a pretty poor job in writing this one ill agree both characters went a step back in development. Its like com and kh2 never happened

Dream Drop Distance is that guilty favorite of mine because I'm not oblivious to it's faults but I admittedly enjoyed Dream Drop Distance quite a lot. It might be due to my mindset where I acknowledge flaws but don't focus on them, rather I focus on what I found enjoyable. As a result I actually like DDD better than games that are less flawed.

That being said the main reasons why DDD is criticized is the following

• Recons. Xehanort's 'master plan' was essentially just "I faked all that stuff before. This is the evil plot for realsies this time <3"
  • Unbalanced Fighting System. I believe someone already pointed out the absurdity that is balloons. 
  • The damn Difficulty Curve. The entire game is rather easy even for someone as disgustingly bad at these games as me. But alas YMX then comes to say hi with very little preparation imo. 
  • Sora's character /development/. Sora's always been friendly, but DDD admittedly takes his supposed oblivious nature a bit too far. I'm not going to lie, DDD Sora did not bother me as much as it bothered some people, but the derailment is noticeable looking back.
  • And lastly the time travel shenanigans add a level of complexity to an already convoluted plot.

I will argue however that Riku's character development was not pointless. Riku did some pretty messed up things back in KH1, and he's spent pretty much all of COM to KH2 recovering from the trauma and guilt. For me personally, Riku's role in kh3d is the first time he feels like a character who's forgiven himself and is ready to fight the big bads without any angst. Riku's done being all sorry for himself and is finally ready to get shit done

It's really the most satisfying and charming character development to me, and I welcome it completely with open arms. 

I like DDD, but it's not my favorite.  I still prefer KH2, KH1, BBS, and even Days over it.

The combat was pretty weird since enemies wouldn't stagger like they did in other games, and flowmotion was pretty overpowered.  Story wise, I thought it was okay.  Though Sora was pretty dumb in this game.  My favorite things about DDD would be the world environments and the music.