Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced For PS4

Um...what? I think you replied to the wrong post lol.

No I'm not lol, someone asked you if these were the new models for Chaos and Cosmos and you answered "Yeah they are". I should've quoted the question too to make things clearer. My bad.

Sora was in World of Final Fantasy because that game is intentionally designed to cater to children. Disney's market is children. Put two and two together and you see why the inclusion of Sora naturally makes sense. It's nothing to do with the irony of game design, World of Final Fantasy and Dissidia is Apples and Oranges.

Still, this is a definite purchase for me. I just want Vayne Solidor as the villain representing Final Fantasy XII instead of Gabranth.

I. CANNOT. STRESS. THIS. ENOUGH!

The game series still features characters that originated from T to M rated games, I think the "think of the children" argument is a pretty worn out one. It's not like everyone's cursing or bleeding in KH, sure, but the fact is that if Disney is trying to hide behind the excuse that "we only do things for children" while making PG-13 movies and associating with another company's franchise that can already get a little mature on it's own, they've officially lost any benefit of the doubt I may have given them. They're just being foolish while thinking they're playing it safe, nothing more to it.

The game series still features characters that originated from T to M rated games, I think the "think of the children" argument is a pretty worn out one. It's not like everyone's cursing or bleeding in KH, sure, but the fact is that if Disney is trying to hide behind the excuse that "we only do things for children" while making PG-13 movies and associating with another company's franchise that can already get a little mature on it's own, they've officially lost any benefit of the doubt I may have given them. They're just being foolish while thinking they're playing it safe, nothing more to it.

Except that there is more to it. Darker characters can still be catered towards children, children characters catered towards a teenage audience is an entirely different story. Let me give you an example of what I mean by that. Guardians of the Galaxy in their original Marvel Cinematic Universe incarnation is a profane movie, targeted towards the mature market. Thing is though, Guardians of the Galaxy's animated series is different because it's designed for children. You can't do the same with a Disney property like Big Hero 6. The cinematic movie started off as a movie primarily for children. Making Big Hero 6 profane all of a sudden would damage the Big Hero 6 brand, because unlike The Guardians of The Galaxy, it's cinematic origins was never intended for a mature audience.

With Disney, and Kingdom Hearts, you have to think of the children. Sure, you're not a child, and I'm not a child, but Kingdom Hearts is designed in such a way that it's catered more towards the Disney Animation side of things as opposed to Touchstone (the label that Disney use to use for their mature content), and Disney Animation is for children just as much as adults. At best, Kingdom Hearts is 12+ with fantasy violence. There's no way that Sora is going to be in Dissidia because the ratings and context of that game is entirely different to that of Kingdom Hearts, and honestly, Disney gets no benefit out of licensing Sora for a fighting game like that.

Except that there is more to it. Darker characters can still be catered towards children, children characters catered towards a teenage audience is an entirely different story. Let me give you an example of what I mean by that. Guardians of the Galaxy in their original Marvel Cinematic Universe incarnation is a profane movie, targeted towards the mature market. Thing is though, Guardians of the Galaxy's animated series is different because it's designed for children. You can't do the same with a Disney property like Big Hero 6. The cinematic movie started off as a movie primarily for children. Making Big Hero 6 profane all of a sudden would damage the Big Hero 6 brand, because unlike The Guardians of The Galaxy, it's cinematic origins was never intended for a mature audience.

With Disney, and Kingdom Hearts, you have to think of the children. Sure, you're not a child, and I'm not a child, but Kingdom Hearts is designed in such a way that it's catered more towards the Disney Animation side of things as opposed to Touchstone (the label that Disney use to use for their mature content), and Disney Animation is for children just as much as adults. At best, Kingdom Hearts is 12+ with fantasy violence. There's no way that Sora is going to be in Dissidia because the ratings and context of that game is entirely different to that of Kingdom Hearts, and honestly, Disney gets no benefit out of licensing Sora for a fighting game like that.

Sorry, I don't see it that way. This honestly doesn't feel like a situation where that would actually be an issue. It can be an EXCUSE, but it's a very weak one. Sora would not be out of place in that setting in the slightest, and saying that there is no possibility whatsoever that he is going to ever be in there is just narrow-minded to me. That's just where I stand and obviously nothing you say is going to convince me otherwise, so I'd just leave it at that. :P

Sorry, I don't see it that way. This honestly doesn't feel like a situation where that would actually be an issue. It can be an EXCUSE, but it's a very weak one. Sora would not be out of place in that setting in the slightest, and saying that there is no possibility whatsoever that he is going to ever be in there is just narrow-minded to me. That's just where I stand and obviously nothing you say is going to convince me otherwise, so I'd just leave it at that. :P

So as opposed to understanding and accepting the legal and thematic implications of why Sora won't be in Dissidia, you'd rather be content in your own bias and label the legitimate reason as an excuse? fair enough, each to their own I suppose.

So as opposed to understanding and accepting the legal and thematic implications of why Sora won't be in Dissidia, you'd rather be content in your own bias and label the legitimate reason as an excuse? fair enough, each to their own I suppose.

If that's how you want to paint it, then sure. :P

YESSSSSSSSSS, I HAD BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR THE LONGEST TIME!!! THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!! :D

I love the Dissidia games, 012 in particular, so the fact that we were going to get a new Dissidia excited me to no end, and on the PS4, no less! And now we finally have the reveal of the game for PS4 along with a release year, to boot! I can't wait to play this game! I always had a blast playing against my friends in 012, and I can't wait to do the same online! :D

And I'm sure the story will be epic! :3

And also, that's not Chaos and Cosmos? That's odd, as I can't imagine a Dissidia without them! :O

Edited by The Transcendent Key

I remember snagging my GF's PSP all the time to play Dissida. She kinda just left it around and didn't seem very interested in even using it, and I found she had the demo of Dissida and that damn it was so fun and addictive. I'm definitely interested. My only concern is if as a fighting game it will become stale quickly for an RPG player?

Also I was happy to see Zidane in there, can't recall if he was in the first one.

Edited by Dezarius

I remember snagging my GF's PSP all the time to play Dissida. She kinda just left it around and didn't seem very interested in even using it, and I found she had the demo of Dissida and that damn it was so fun and addictive. I'm definitely interested. My only concern is if as a fighting game it will become stale quickly for an RPG player?

Also I was happy to see Zidane in there, can't recall if he was in the first one.

Yeah, Zidane has been in all of the Dissidia games! 

And well, what I can tell you from experience is that the games never grew stale for me, particularly 012. I squeezed about 500+ hours of fun out of that one! And I'm a very avid RPG gamer, and even though Dissidia is a fighting game, I loved it to bits! I spent countless hours battling my friends, and I enjoyed the story mode and leveling up all my characters and unlocking all their abilities! So trust me, you're in for a good time! :D

If you wanna get into Dissidia before getting the PS4 version, get Dissidia 012 for the PSP. It's the best Dissidia so far, and it's got a wealth of content! :D

Edited by The Transcendent Key