Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xXMikey1stXx

Do fictional games have a stronger sense of humanity than no fictional games?

Like god of war, last of us, kingdom hearts series, and metal gear. I just noticed despite being in a environment that no real person will ever be in, the drive to make them more human and vulnerable make them bigger success than games in a real world setting of actual events. I wanted to start this conversation because it's intriguing to me. Thanks, and share your thoughts.

Like god of war, last of us, kingdom hearts series, and metal gear. I just noticed despite being in a environment that no real person will ever be in, the drive to make them more human and vulnerable make them bigger success than games in a real world setting of actual events. I wanted to start this conversation because it's intriguing to me. Thanks, and share your thoughts.

I wonder what level of difficulty it takes to make the character more human-like.  Does it depend on the audience's perception of said character?

For fictional, you have freedom to make them relatable however you please. There's no real limit to how you have your characters grow. As for nonfiction, you're a bit more limited to what you can do to make them true to their real life counterparts. If you start to delve into something that's out of character for the real life person, people will be upset. But at the same time it's difficult to capture someone's life without knowing them on a deep personal level, but even then that doesn't capture them truly. 

So basically you have more freedom to flesh out characters in fiction while in nonfiction it's difficult to capture what they truly were while making them an interesting person to relate to. This is what I've noticed between the two, I usually enjoy fiction more cause I like escaping to another world and that's about it xD

You'll see most of these kinds of stories in Japanese Manga, Anime, Video Gaming and also not forgetting American Superhero based Comic Books and Live Action Films, in the case of Superhero stories, a good prime example of fiction telling a story of humanity is shown in the case of Batman which show us the dark and edgy parts of society being portrayed fictional wise, Batman's story in particular is about him fighting crime whilst not letting himself being corrupted by those same crimes, as well, despite his bleak outlook on life and very serious demeanor, he tries to uphold his humanity no matter what, even if he doesn't like it, there were many times he could have killed the Joker but the reason that he never does is because he knows that if he takes a life, even just once, no matter how evil that life is, he will be doing the exact same things, as the enemies he faces do, the Joker always tries to tempt Batman into killing him but he never does and never will, you could say this is a weakness on Batman's character's part but in actuality, it is his virtue and greatest strength of all, the strength to take a life is easy but the strength to not take one is even stronger, life is not always about what we want but in truth of what is right, what we know to be right in our hearts, that is the key to the balance of everything, of light and darkness, of good and evil, of yang and yin, of positive and negative, of love and hate, of white and black, etc, Batman is a very strong fictional character representing humanity not because of the gadgets, the looks and the secret tragic backstory that led to him becoming Batman in the first place but in truth of how much he is willing to sacrifice to keep his humanity, for the greater good of all and not just himself, there is a reason why superheroes keep the super-villains alive at the end of the day and its not because they wouldn't kill them because if they wanted to they would, its because the heroes believe in something bigger then acting in revenge and want to bring peace to the world by teaching everyone that revenge will solve nothing and will only create a spiral of hatred, at least that's what i think part of the true essence of what makes a true hero is, know what i mean?

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000