Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Allwil13

KHUX Who is Brain?

Hey, everyone.

So now that I'm up to date in KHUX (in regards to the North American version, anyway) there's something that's bugging me. We have the 5 Dandelions who were hand-picked by Ava to be the new union leader. They are Skuld, Ephemer, Ventus, Lauriam, and Brain. We've gotten to know Skuld and Ephemer okay, though I know we're all debating how those two are going to tie in with the overall Kingdom Hearts story that we know. We know who Ventus is, and Lauriam, while not officially confirmed, appears to be the human form of a certain nobody. So that just leaves Brain, who seems to just be a mystery man. Seriously, who is this guy? He doesn't look anything like any characters I know of in the series, and the only person whose name sounds similar is Braig. However, I strongly doubt that Brain is Braig. So that begs the question: Who is Brain? Is he going to tie into the events of KH3? Is he connected to any of the characters that we know or is he somehow relevant in another way? Or maybe they already revealed his identity and I just missed that. Either way, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

There's probably another topic about this buried somewhere in the forums, but I would rather just start up my own topic about it. 

So what do you guys think? Just who is this guy?

1 minute ago, ienzo628 said:

I heard some people say he looks like Ienzo and with a name like "Brain" perhaps he shares some connection with the scientist.  Maybe he's an ancestor of sorts. 

Ohhhhh, I like that idea! Especially since we don't really know who Ienzo's parents are; maybe Brain is his grandfather or something? It might be kinda cool if Ienzo does research in KH3 to try and find out who his parents were and uncovers information about Brain.

35 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Ohhhhh, I like that idea! Especially since we don't really know who Ienzo's parents are; maybe Brain is his grandfather or something? It might be kinda cool if Ienzo does research in KH3 to try and find out who his parents were and uncovers information about Brain.

It's kind of sad that we don't have much information regarding Ienzo's parents.  All we know is that he's an orphan and that Ansem the Wise and the other apprentices took him in.  He was quiet throughout the course of BBS.  So maybe he did discover something about his grandfather or Brain through the computer that he wished he never encountered.  What it was and how it ties into UX, we'll have yet to see.

It's kind of sad that we don't have much information regarding Ienzo's parents.  All we know is that he's an orphan and that Ansem the Wise and the other apprentices took him in.  He was quiet throughout the course of BBS.  So maybe he did discover something about his grandfather or Brain through the computer that he wished he never encountered.  What it was and how it ties into UX, we'll have yet to see.

I feel like the fact that they've been so tight-lipped about Ienzo's backstory is indicative that they have big plans for it. I imagine we'll learn some more about him in KH3. At least, I hope we do. ANd no I'm also hoping that there's a connection to Brain.

1 minute ago, Allwil13 said:

I feel like the fact that they've been so tight-lipped about Ienzo's backstory is indicative that they have big plans for it. I imagine we'll learn some more about him in KH3. At least, I hope we do. ANd no I'm also hoping that there's a connection to Brain.

I wonder if KH3 or UX might cross into the path of something family related.  Maybe before Ienzo's parents death, Ienzo found out something he wasn't supposed to know and he probably had some falling out with his parents right before they died.  Ienzo doesn't know how to make peace with his family secret and his parents' deaths.  I hope that doesn't sound cliche.  I just wonder what Brain could have done that his descendants would try to hide it from their young son. 

I wonder if KH3 or UX might cross into the path of something family related.  Maybe before Ienzo's parents death, Ienzo found out something he wasn't supposed to know and he probably had some falling out with his parents right before they died.  Ienzo doesn't know how to make peace with his family secret and his parents' deaths.  I hope that doesn't sound cliche.  I just wonder what Brain could have done that his descendants would try to hide it from their young son. 

I find Brain to be the most suspicious of the new Union leaders, which I realize probably says a lot because of Lauriam. There's just something about Brain that makes me suspicious. I do love this theory about how Brain is an ancestor of Ienzo's family, which I think could serve an interesting purpose in making Ienzo more important. I have no idea what brain could have done either, though. Are you up to date on the KHUX story? Like do you know about Strelitzia?

Just now, Shifter said:

Ephemer = Yen Sid? Same hair color and both are full aware about the War.

OMG! That's a great theory.. We've never gotten any evidence of who Yen Sid really is, just that he's a former keyblade wielder who has since become a master. He very well  be somewhat connected to someone in KHUX.

2 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

I find Brain to be the most suspicious of the new Union leaders, which I realize probably says a lot because of Lauriam. There's just something about Brain that makes me suspicious. I do love this theory about how Brain is an ancestor of Ienzo's family, which I think could serve an interesting purpose in making Ienzo more important. I have no idea what brain could have done either, though. Are you up to date on the KHUX story? Like do you know about Strelitzia?

Yeah, I know about Strelitzia and I am up to date on the global version, though it is still behind plot wise to the Japanese version.  I am slightly aware about Elrena and Strelitzia being Lauriam's sister (I think that's been confirmed).

I mean, we don't see much in the way in regards to family relations in the Kingdom Hearts series.  We only know about Sora's mom calling him for dinner before he runs off to the beach and Sora's dad being the one that rowed Riku and Sora out to the island when they were little kids.  We do see a bit of Kairi's grandma.  Most of the family relations in the Kingdom Hearts series have been positive but generally ignored.  I would like to see some sort of Ienzo's back story.  How close was he to his family and if their influence along with Brain's despicable actions had some ties into why he went onto become a researcher and if his research has a negative motive behind it.  I could be far reaching.

I think Brain was kind of suspicious because his eyes are covered most of the time by his hair and his hat.  Maybe it sounds silly to base my judgment on someone that always has a portion of their face concealed.  It makes them unreadable when say something bad happens and there's this thing about eye contact.  Like we've seen the empty stare in Ventus's eyes when he lost his memory and when he was about to be dumped on the beach and abandoned by MX.  There's just something about the eyes, could be Nomura took inspiration from the saying, "The eyes are the gateway to the soul." or something like that.  So, having someone that always conceals their eyes gives off an ominous vibe.

4 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

Hide contents

Yeah, I know about Strelitzia and I am up to date on the global version, though it is still behind plot wise to the Japanese version.  I am slightly aware about Elrena and Strelitzia being Lauriam's sister (I think that's been confirmed).

I mean, we don't see much in the way in regards to family relations in the Kingdom Hearts series.  We only know about Sora's mom calling him for dinner before he runs off to the beach and Sora's dad being the one that rowed Riku and Sora out to the island when they were little kids.  We do see a bit of Kairi's grandma.  Most of the family relations in the Kingdom Hearts series have been positive but generally ignored.  I would like to see some sort of Ienzo's back story.  How close was he to his family and if their influence along with Brain's despicable actions had some ties into why he went onto become a researcher and if his research has a negative motive behind it.  I could be far reaching.

I think Brain was kind of suspicious because his eyes are covered most of the time by his hair and his hat.  Maybe it sounds silly to base my judgment on someone that always has a portion of their face concealed.  It makes them unreadable when say something bad happens and there's this thing about eye contact.  Like we've seen the empty stare in Ventus's eyes when he lost his memory and when he was about to be dumped on the beach and abandoned by MX.  There's just something about the eyes, could be Nomura took inspiration from the saying, "The eyes are the gateway to the soul." or something like that.  So, having someone that always conceals their eyes gives off an ominous vibe.

Spoiler

If Brain did do something, it could very well be that he was the one who attacked Strelitzia. I'm still not super clear on what happened there so this is kind of a shot in the dark. But obviously someone was responsible for that and it's implied to be one of the new Union leaders. 

Brain is just so mysterious that it's hard to develop opinions on him so far. And honestly, I feel like they did it that way on purpose. It seems strange that he was given such a vital role in the Dandelions' future and yet we know nothing about him.

I also like the point about "the eyes being the pathway to the soul. He's the oly character who wears a hat in like the whole series. Not including SHiki and Rhyme.

Edited by Allwil13

1 minute ago, Allwil13 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If Brain did do something, it could very well be that he was the one who attacked Strelitzia. I'm still not super clear on what happened there so this is kind of a shot in the dark. But obviously someone was responsible for that and it's implied to be one of the new Union leaders. 

Brain is just so mysterious that it's hard to develop opinions on him so far. And honestly, I feel like they did it that way on purpose. It seems strange that he was given such a vital role in the Dandelions' future and yet we know nothing about him.

He does give up creepy vibes. 

19 minutes ago, Shifter said:

Ephemer = Yen Sid? Same hair color and both are full aware about the War.

I am not sure if I believe that.  Yen Sid has darker gray hair than Ephemer and they barely have any resemblance.  But appearance isn't everything.  So, maybe Yen Sid is Ephemer.  Maybe he went into incognito some time after the events of KHUX.

He does give up creepy vibes. 

He certainly does. Again, there's something about the way he carries himself and the way he talks that makes me think that he's hiding something and that he's got some kind of ulterior motive. 

Honestly though, the big question remains: who is he? The guy is so mysterious that he must have some kind of connection to an existing character.

3 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

He certainly does. Again, there's something about the way he carries himself and the way he talks that makes me think that he's hiding something and that he's got some kind of ulterior motive. 

Honestly though, the big question remains: who is he? The guy is so mysterious that he must have some kind of connection to an existing character.

I've heard people say that he reminds them of Braig.

I've heard people say that he reminds them of Braig.

He could certainly be an ancestor of Braig. Their names are certainly similar. My issue with this is just that it seems a little too on the nose, like they're trying to lead us down that path so we can be shocked when he's revealed to be connected to someone else.

5 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

He could certainly be an ancestor of Braig. Their names are certainly similar. My issue with this is just that it seems a little too on the nose, like they're trying to lead us down that path so we can be shocked when he's revealed to be connected to someone else.

As far as I know, he's connected to two people: Braig and Ienzo.  It seems like Nomura put in a lot with Brain's design.  His clothing reminds me of Braig but his hair style reminds me of Ienzo.  What connection can those two characters have other than being apprentices of Ansem the Wise?  We never actually get to see Braig actually interact with Ienzo as a kid.  Heck, the only cutscene we've seen of them together is when Xigbar is asking Zexion about recruits, the Chamber of Repose and Chamber of Awakening and the special "friend" that Xigbar hears Xemnas talking to. 

6 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

As far as I know, he's connected to two people: Braig and Ienzo.  It seems like Nomura put in a lot with Brain's design.  His clothing reminds me of Braig but his hair style reminds me of Ienzo.  What connection can those two characters have other than being apprentices of Ansem the Wise?  We never actually get to see Braig actually interact with Ienzo as a kid.  Heck, the only cutscene we've seen of them together is when Xigbar is asking Zexion about recruits, the Chamber of Repose and Chamber of Awakening and the special "friend" that Xigbar hears Xemnas talking to. 

Who knows? Maybe Braig and Ienzo have some sort of secret connection too? Xigbar and Zexion did have that random scene in KH2 FM where it seemed like Xigbar knew something Zexion didn't. Maybe that was intended to be foreshadowing for KH3?

7 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Who knows? Maybe Braig and Ienzo have some sort of secret connection too? Xigbar and Zexion did have that random scene in KH2 FM where it seemed like Xigbar knew something Zexion didn't. Maybe that was intended to be foreshadowing for KH3?

Maybe they both share a connection to Brain.   Though Braig doesn't strike me as the scientist type, more so a guard while Ienzo is more of the scientist.  Even seemed more of a father figure to the boy in BBS. 

Maybe we could develop a theory in how Brain connected to Braig and Ienzo and possibly even Xehanort himself.   Ienzo was the one that took notice of Braig and apprentice Xehanort.   Ienzo just seemed to be kind of suspicious of Braig.   He was also saved by Ventus.  Maybe, Ienzo could get Ventus to remember his past in UX somehow.