Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
WilliamNiira

Great game, but a few disappointments..

I finished the story yesterday and unlocked the secret movie today. And I guess I'll explain how I feel about it, without too many spoilers.

+ The gameplay is a lot faster than Kingdom Hearts 1, and a tad faster than Kingdom Hearts 2. I love the attraction flow, they were a great addition to the game, but I would rather make them unlockable than having them all from the start. 

+ (SOME) Worlds looks AMAZING. The Pirates world was beyond pretty, it looked stunning. The CG cutscenes looked great in that world as well, especially Davy Jones, he almost looked like the one in the movies. The one thing I had a problem with, with this world, was the voice actress for Elizabeth Swann, I thought she sounded off the entire time. Kingdom of Corona looks amazing. All of the animated Disney world-characters looked great. 

+ YOU get a reunion, YOU get a reunion, EVERYBODY GETS A REUNION! Seriously, those were some of the best shortlived moments of the game. 

+ Linear but explorable maps, you won't get lost as much.

+ Yen Sid = Jesus. He parted the sea of heartless and it was amazing.

+ Maps are huge thanks to the evolution of consoles and such, which is a huge plus for me. Most of the worlds have one loading screen, and some have none.

I bet there are tons of other things I loved about the game, but those were all the things I had memorized. Now, to the things I disliked about the game.

- Some characters didn't have a line of dialogue at all. In Olympus, the characters Phil, Apollo, Athena, and Hermes all made an appearance in the game, but they didn't have any lines at all. In the cutscenes from Radiant Garden, we saw appearances from Aeleus and Dilan, both of whom didn't speak. I couldn't help but wonder why they included these characters when they were of no use in any way, other than for people to say "Hey, there's *insert the characters' name here*!".

- I expected the 100 Acre Wood to be a bit bigger than just one small map with three minigames. I guess I expected more since I knew we were getting a 100 Acre Wood keyblade. It's just disappointing when you think of the other two games.

- Not enough original worlds and the original worlds which are in the game lacked content. Twilight Town is a perfect example of this, it's just one small fraction of the town, and while it looks absolutely gorgeous, it didn't quite match my expectations. Iconic locations from the previous games, which I expected to be in the games, weren't in the game. They appeared in cutscenes, which was cool but not enough. I've wanted to revisit Destiny Islands ever since the first one, but all we got was a cut scene, which I of course loved. The game lacked originality somehow. It relied far too much on the already developed Disney properties. Original worlds are those I love the most about the game, so I don't understand why they chose to focus on the Disney worlds more than the original.

- Maleficent and Pete, why were they in the game...? They say some things, leave, and we get to explore most of the worlds, and then they appear again only to say some things and then disappear again. All they did was plant seeds, they did basically nothing.

- Arendelle shouldn't be called 'Arendelle', it should be called Snowy Mountains because that's all we got. Snowy mountains and an icy 'castle'. Very disappointing. 

- The Big Hero 6 world, although it looked pretty good, was boring. All you do is jump around and run up the buildings.

- The black box was teased, again. Planting some seeds, again.

- Even though the gameplay was fast-paced, it was almost TOO easy, and I played on Standard mode which should be pretty balanced. But it ultimately made me feel like I played on Beginner mode. Maybe I should just remove this and start a new save on Proud mode...

All in all, I loved the game even though there were some disappointments. Even though I mentioned more things I disliked about the game than what I liked about it, I love it. I just don't want to wait another 14 years for the next numbered title to release. I rate the game a WHOPPING 8/10