Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Does anyone know how to actually make one or more of the recipes featured in the game? I cook and bake a little myself and these all look super tasty.

Anyways, I thought this might be a nice thread to share and try out some of the recipes from the game!

To start out, I found a recipe for a Tarte aux Fruit that looks pretty close to the one in the game. I'm probably going to try it out sometime next week, and post my results. Anyone else want to try?

http://www.meettheshannons.net/2011/07/vegetalien-tarte-aux-fruits-frais-vegan.html?m=1

I'm not vegan myself, so I'll probably use dairy products instead of their vegan substitutes.

fruittart5.jpg

It shouldn't look any different, or much different. I've found that it doesn't really make all that much of difference which one you use. Baked goods only seem to change drastically once you take the gluten out, and even then it's just smaller or the texture is a bit different. I think gluten free flour would do fine for a tart, though.  I definitely going to try this one, it looks like a lot of fun!   

Yeah, with shortbread though, I find it can be finiky with margarine. I'm suprised that the recipe doesn't have you cream the butter before adding in the rest of the crust. We'll see how it works out. Be sure to share your results!

And the finished product! Forgot to get mint for the garnish, but other than that it looks pretty close. If I had a food processor to use instead of a hand mixer the crust probably would have turned out better. I substituted half the sugar for honey in the cream cheese mix, definitely a good choice, honey always pairs well with fruit. I would probably double the whole cream cheese mix though, it was difficult to spread around due to the amount it made and the thickness of it. 8/10, would make again.

Next, I want to try my hand at a Consommé. I haven't settled on a particular recipe yet, but it's basically a chicken and vegetable stock that you clarify using egg whites. I'm excited. Anyone else have experiences/recipes they'd like to share?

IMG_20190417_220849720.jpg

IMG_20190418_213256770.jpg