Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

Do You Think Avengers: Endgame Will Be The Highest Grossing Film Of All Time?

Will Avengers: Endgame overthrow Avatar in the box office as the highest grossing film of all time?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will Endgame take the crown?

Hey there everyone, how's it going!? So then, the MCU event that we've all been waiting for has released for the press and in China, and tomorrow people will go to early screenings! And then on Friday, the US debut of the film will come under full swing, as well as the rest of the world! Avengers: Endgame is an ambitious film, as it aims to tie up the past eleven years of Marvel Cinematic Universe material starting with 2008's Iron Man! What began then comes to an emotional end now, as this film aims to put a close on this current generation of the MCU. (Since the MCU will continue after Spider-Man: Far From Home.) So with all this anticipation having built off of 21 previous films and the epic cliffhanger of last year's Infinity War, the hype and the excitement for this film is at an all time high! With all the legions of Marvelites and casual moviegoers alike flocking to see this film, do you believe this entry in the MCU will shatter box office records and dethrone Avatar as the highest grossing film of all time?

I honestly believe so. And yes, this comes from the same guy who thought Star Wars: The Force Awakens or Avengers: Infinity War would be the films to do the job, but seeing how Endgame is such a huge event, I do believe that this time, we may see Avatar's long tenure as the box office king come to an end! And even if it doesn't I'm sure it'll come very close. The movie has enjoyed extremely positive word of mouth and reviews have been sparkling, with people and critics raving that Endgame is the magnum opus of the MCU. I've been watching quite a few spoiler free reviews over the past two days, and good lord, these Youtubers have promised us that this film will break us and fulfill us in the best of ways!

But anyways, what do you all think? Do you think that Avengers: Endgame will dethrone Avatar as the highest grossing film of all time? Let me know!

EDIT: ALSO, FOR ANYONE WHO ALREADY SAW IT, PLEASE DON'T SPOIL! WE DON'T WANNA RUIN THIS FILM'S EPICNESS TO ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN IT, INCLUDING ME!

#DONTSPOILTHEENDGAME

Edited by The Transcendent Key

I certainly believe it will. Considering how well Infinity War did, this only has the potential to surpass it. Combine that with the record-breaking ticket sales, and it's absolutely looking like their most profitable work yet. That said, in the future, I think they are bound to release a film that does even better at the box office, especially with the acquisition of the X-Men and the Fantastic Four. I think they've ended up proving that superhero fatigue isn't much of a threat, and long-form storytelling is likely going to be their goal for the next few phases, as well, so I don't think they are in any danger of losing steam any time soon.

I'm personally hoping for an adaptation of the Secret Wars storyline at some point in the upcoming phases, since that's an event on a similar scale to Civil War (both the comic and the film) and the Infinity storyline (mostly the two films, but also the comics). The big events are what get the most people into the theaters, so I am willing to bet that they won't break from the formula of releasing one every few years.

Along those same lines, I also wouldn't be disappointed by an adaptation of Secret Invasion, but given how Captain Marvel's version of the Skrulls ended up, it would take a lot of work in a setup film to get to that point.

Edited by Raxaimus