Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Allwil13

TV Show Club - Stranger Things

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone! The votes have been tallied and it looks like the selection for our first TV Show Club project is Stranger Things! Anyone is welcome to join in the viewing process, so don't be shy! First things first, though, we think it's a good idea to figure out how often we will meet and how many episodes to watch at a time.

Stranger Things' seasons aren't that long, so we could probably do one episode every couple of days. If you have a different idea of how many episodes to watch at a time and how often we should watch them, please feel free to share below. Otherwise, we'll get this project underway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never seen Stranger Things before, but I know it’s pretty popular! So looking forward to participating here :D and I agree having a few days per each episode sounds good to me! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited to see it, this will be fun to watch ^-^ I approve of every few days per episode as well. Leaves me some time to catch it if I forgot or something (which is very common for me :P) XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stranger Things isn't my genre but it's popularity does have me curious. 
I suppose I could give it a shot for the sake of adding activity to the thread if nothing else. 
Every few days per episode is fine by me, specifically, perhaps two?

I assume we're scheduling in EST? Might wanna specify that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ventus_ said:

Stranger Things isn't my genre but it's popularity does have me curious. 
I suppose I could give it a shot for the sake of adding activity to the thread if nothing else. 
Every few days per episode is fine by me, specifically, perhaps two?

I assume we're scheduling in EST? Might wanna specify that. 

Wow, I didn't even think about the time zone, lol. I'm actually in Canada so I'm in ADT. I was just thinking when we're ready to go we can give a specific day as a deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Wow, I didn't even think about the time zone, lol. I'm actually in Canada so I'm in ADT. I was just thinking when we're ready to go we can give a specific day as a deadline.

Well the majority of the memberbase is in EST, hence it being KH13's base timezone and as PST is just 3 hours behind @WakelessDreamand I are able to follow it fine so it shouldn't be a huge issue but we do have some Europeans and Aussies who are almost an entire day ahead of America.

It's important to make sure everyone feels able to participate if desired because feeling unable is a turn off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ventus_ said:

Well the majority of the memberbase is in EST, hence it being KH13's base timezone and as PST is just 3 hours behind @WakelessDreamand I are able to follow it fine so it shouldn't be a huge issue but we do have some Europeans and Aussies who are almost an entire day ahead of America.

It's important to make sure everyone feels able to participate if desired because feeling unable is a turn off.  

That's a good point. We can certainly schedule it according to EST. I don't think I'm that far off from it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m good with whatever time. :) I think having a designated day is a good idea too. Everyone doesn’t have to finish exactly on the dot at the same hour but as long as it’s within the day we should be good. 

For those that fall behind or want to join the discussion later they’ll have to play catch up and just be mindful of where the rest of the group is in the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ventus_ said:

Time to decide the start day and deadline for the first episode. 
Thoughts?

Well, today is Saturday. How about we set the deadline for the first episode for Tuesday? That gives everybody two and a half days to watch the first episode of season one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Well, today is Saturday. How about we set the deadline for the first episode for Tuesday? That gives everybody two and a half days to watch the first episode of season one. 

Works for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished watching the first episode. 
I might be into this.

Anyone else ready to talk? Today was the deadline right? Tuesday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ventus_ said:

I just finished watching the first episode. 
I might be into this.

Anyone else ready to talk? Today was the deadline right? Tuesday?

Yep today was the deadline. I'm ready to talk if everyone else is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ready as well! :) Really enjoyed the first episode, and looking forward to more. As for Will, I keep wanting to assume he's dead, but I get the feeling there's more to it than that. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Will is dead; that would be too easy. His friends seem pretty determined to find him, too, which makes me feel like there's more to his disappearance than we've seen so far. There was also the call that Will's mother Joyce got when her heard his voice. It's certainly possible that she was hearing things, but I think there's more to it than that. I think he's still alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I agree, it would be too obvious for him to be dead so soon. Also maybe I just scare too easily but the entire sequence with him running away from whatever that was up until the moment he disappears had me on edge. xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I concur that it's too simple a solution for him to be dead and the eerie phone call with the breathing is definitely a sign of something going on. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

Shall we set a deadline for episode two? I was thinking Friday. Thoughts?

I'm a bit busy on Friday but I can participate in the discussion in the morning and early afternoon so sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may not be able to get to it by Friday, been feeling under the weather lately and I anticipate it might spill into the weekend. I think Monday or Tuesday of next week would work better for me, but if you guys want to set the deadline for earlier I don't mind. I'll catch up and join in once I've watched the next episode! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...