Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Allwil13

Theory about Brain's Identity

Hey, guys. So my recent playthrough of Kingdom Hearts III has sprouted a few theories and new questions in my mind about the future of the series as well as the identities of certain characters. Now, one character who I am desperate to learn more about is Brain. During this playthrough I had a kind of crazy thought, but I do think it's possible: could Brain be Yozora's true identity?

I know this probably seems pretty flimsy, but hear me out. Of all the new Union Leaders introduced in Unchained X, Brain is the only one whose fate we know nothing about. Ventus somehow got transported many years into the future, Ephemer's physical body perished and his heart remained in the Keyblade Graveyard, Lauriam returned as a Nobody (along with Elrena), and while this isn't confirmed, it has been heavily implied that Skuld was the test subject whom Lea and Isa befriended in the basement of Ansem's castle in Radiant Garden. So what happened to Brain? 

When we look at the scene near the end of the Limit Cut episode just before the Yozora boss fight, Yozora says "This isn't what I really look like." This is further reinforced by Sora's conversation with the Nameless Star in the Final World, who says "He's been changed beyond recognition, his heart replaced with another's." Sora confirms in the Limit Cut that she was referring to Yozora, but this indicates that Yozora is not his true identity. 

I realize this theory is pretty flimsy as it's just speculation at this point, but this is the most convincing explanation I've come up with so far for Brain's mysterious absence in the main series. What do you guys think? 

ooh that's i thought. so far ive only noted how brain looks like young eraqus, but thats probably just me.

some many characters so many questions i hope we're not waiting to long

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

ooh that's i thought. so far ive only noted how brain looks like young eraqus, but thats probably just me.

some many characters so many questions i hope we're not waiting to long

I think he looks exactly like Eraqus too. In one of the secret reports of KH3, Xehanort refers to Eraqus as a "blue blood" which means he's of a noble bloodline. This could either mean Eraqus is part of a long line of Keyblade wielders, or he's related to a Keyblade weilder in a status of higher power (possibly a union leader.) Somehow, I don't think it's a coincidence that Brain looks like a young Eraqus.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

8 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I think he looks exactly like Eraqus too. In one of the secret reports of KH3, Xehanort refers to Eraqus as a "blue blood" which means he's of a noble bloodline. This could either mean Eraqus is part of a long line of Keyblade wielders, or he's related to a Keyblade weilder in a status of higher power (possibly a union leader.) Somehow, I don't think it's a coincidence that Brain looks like a young Eraqus.

didnt the report say he descended from one of the original masters? it kinda just helps the idea

10 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

didnt the report say he descended from one of the original masters? it kinda just helps the idea

I checked. Yeah, actually. The whole quote is: "Eraqus is a blue blood, descended from the very first masters in the age of fairy tales."  

39 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I checked. Yeah, actually. The whole quote is: "Eraqus is a blue blood, descended from the very first masters in the age of fairy tales."  

I have heard the theory that Brain is an ancestor of Eraqus, but I've always figured that Eraqus was a descendant of Ava since she wasn't present in the Keyblade Graveyard at the end of KHIII. I thought maybe Ava's mission was to have a child in order to ensure that a blue blood would be present during Sora's time.

26 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

I have heard the theory that Brain is an ancestor of Eraqus, but I've always figured that Eraqus was a descendant of Ava since she wasn't present in the Keyblade Graveyard at the end of KHIII. I thought maybe Ava's mission was to have a child in order to ensure that a blue blood would be present during Sora's time.

that is a good point, after all we dont what ava really looks like and even then this was meant o be a very long time ago so theres nothing to say that he looks like his ancestors