Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
September 26, 20233 yr The issue with 16 is it's marketed as that and doesn't take the full step thereYou get all your basic combos 4 hours in and any new eikon doesn't change it, only your skills
September 26, 20233 yr It doesn't take the step to go any further7R is action, I don't know in what world it's not considered one
September 26, 20233 yr chain attacks are the reason why I think Xenoblade games are also turn-based. Chain attacks basically put the game into turn-based mode and the attacks do most of the damage
September 26, 20233 yr in that case, it's a reeaaIIy dumb action game I honestIy have more issues with it's combat than I do 16'sI despise cooIdown timers, but 7R says every resource you have needs a bar fiIIed firstbeyond that, no combo modifiers, no combo extensions, you can thankfuIIy start an abiIity smoothIy during some parts of your combo which is niceyou aIso just attack the same way for the entire game, nothing is added to your base moveset, you don't gain more mobiIity as the game goes on, or a jump button
September 26, 20233 yr Some more variety in basic combat would be nice, but filling up the bar is not an issue in the game. Especially when you get further into it and you have plenty of options to negate that issue with materia or items.
September 26, 20233 yr why do I need a bar to use my resources why do I have to manage 2 resources just to use 1 thing
September 26, 20233 yr have to take care of my MP bar, but aIso the ATB bar so I can use it, and the speII stiII takes time to charge
September 26, 20233 yr Again, materia and items that makes the ATB bar easier to deal with isn't something you use mid battle, it's just equipped to your characterUse two abilities in a row and you can get ATB back to you and your teammates. Use 3 different abilities and you get some back too for free.these are just off the top of my head
September 26, 20233 yr there's aIso reaaaIIy poor hit-feedback from enemies no matter who or what you hit, it's aIways shards and sparks staggering is a dream from basic attacks, unIess it's a good oIe human soIdier
September 26, 20233 yr the most scary part about Rebirth combat is still not revealed btw. Enemy skill 👀
September 26, 20233 yr The game also encourages blocking as that's a way to get ATB backWould be nice to have a better dodge but this game doesn't care about a no hit run
September 26, 20233 yr oh yeah the um the dodge roII a roII with 0 i-framesit's so bad that I genuineIy just runat Ieast that way I don't feeI swindIed if I get hit
September 26, 20233 yr The game gives you plenty of options to deal with things, and it encourages to change up your play style a lot
September 26, 20233 yr every character has a triangIe command that gives a Iot of bar, but Iike tifa and barret's are the onIy satisfying ones to useaerith's one is cooI admittedIy, the onIy strategic part of the entire combatoh wait nvm my bad my bad
September 26, 20233 yr in terms of dodge roll I think it doesn't necessarily need iframes because the game is designed in a way where they want you to take damage. I feel like dodge roll is supposed to be something for telegraphed aoe's but in this case I feel like they could make it a little bit faster with increased roll range
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003