Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Riku21Terr

Kingdom Hearts Reboot

To oversimplify what he’s stating in the video above, would you rather Disney do the same kind of thing (in regards to being more actively involved, bring back original composers, using unused ideas, bringing back original cast members etc) that  they’re doing for the live action remakes, but instead for Kingdom Hearts and with that being a potentially better overall experience/worthwhile thing to do? :-)

On 10/4/2023 at 12:16 AM, Riku21Terr said:

To oversimplify what he’s stating in the video above, would you rather Disney do the same kind of thing (in regards to being more actively involved, bring back original composers, using unused ideas, bringing back original cast members etc) that  they’re doing for the live action remakes, but instead for Kingdom Hearts and with that being a potentially better overall experience/worthwhile thing to do? 🙂

I have hopes of good things for KH,since the release of HiFi Rush(the producers initiially thought the game was crazy and no one would produce it) and it is a huge sucess. The characters have charisma,the story is great and have a huge social critic(excessive work,labor rights,harassive bosses,etc). Even me ,a bad player  at rythm games like this love the game and want to be better in it.I think Disney has the potential to mix old favorites,like Drive from KH II,new worlds like Moana (Sora will feel at home in Motonui),new mechanics(Yozora could link his sword with Aegis and Aegis and even lend them to Sora).I think there's nothing wrong with a hybrid of new and classic with the soundtrack too.

Edited by ViRoxLover

The reception for the live action remakes of classic films by Disney hasn't exactly been stellar and most have netted them great losses financially. A live action version of one of the Kingdom Hearts games (knowing Disney they'd start with the first game and try launching a live action film series with it rather than picking one of the games at random) would be interesting because it would technically be them trying new things, but at the same time be familiar territory for them.

I don't think the games themselves need a reboot/remake/Re-Anything At All really. There are fan stage plays and musicals for Kingdom Hearts on YouTube and IMHO if the fans can come up with adaptations of the series in those forms that are rather decent Disney and Square Enix could probably do it pretty well themselves.

As far as adapting Kingdom Hearts to other mediums being a worthwhile thing and better experience, I don't think it'd be a better experience necessarily just a different one, same as with reading the manga and light novels is different from playing the games, and how a movie would be different than a stage play which would be similar but different to a musical adaptation.

And on the worthwhile thing to do front, long as there's money to be made it almost definitely would be worth their while, but they'd have to weigh the costs of production and promotion against the potential profit margins. If they're going to barely recoup their production and promotion costs what would even be the point of doing it? End of the day they're not some charity organization.

Honestly though it would just be nice to have a new KH game that's not a mobile game by 2026.

Edited by FadedSparkle