Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Rage God

New Xbox 720 and PS4 at this year's E3

IGN just posted an article today on their website that the next generation Xbox that we are calling Xbox 720 and next generation playstation that we are calling the PS4 are going this at this year's E3 in June. Here is a link for the full article http://ps3.ign.com/.They haven't confirmed any features that are going to be on the next generation systems just ideas.

What? ALREADY? No, I JUST got the PS3 and now they are going to announce the next gen "PS4" and "Xbox 740" consoles already? Wow now I feel as though I just wasted all my money with getting my PS3. Well, the only thing I can say is that they BETTER NOT say that it will be out next year. Because I really rather not buy a new Sony console when I just got the PS3. Plus, they just made they Vita and now they are making a completely new console right after it? Wow.

Edit: it says the page can't be found. That's weird. Are you sure this information is right?

Edit 2: Nevermind I found it. For anyone looking for it. Here's the link: http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1215948p1.html

just type ign into google and it should work sorry i can't give you the original link i'm on a school computer and i have to go through that website to get pass my school's firewall

I'm not sure whether to be excited or pissed. .w.

But I'll wait until Sony announces a PS4....it just seems too soon, and the PS3 is doing just fine! Hnnngggg, I dun wanna buy a friggin' PS4 in order to play KH3!!! Dx

just type ign into google and it should work sorry i can't give you the original link i'm on a school computer and i have to go through that website to get pass my school's firewall

Yeah I found it before you posted lol. But anyway. I am so suprised with this. Now I feel as though the PS3 is worthless because they will announce the PS4 and the new Xbox. Guess this means that the PS3 will die soon Dx. Please Sony/Microsoft, don't say it comes out next year because me (and I'm sure a lot of other people who just bought their PS3 on their recent price drop) just bought the PS3. If you are going to make a new console straight away after the Vita. Then please at least say it will come out in a few years and not next year. Especially you Sony. You JUST announced and made the Vita. I was hoping around maybe in 2013-2014 they would announce those consoles. Not this soon. But oh well. Just hope it takes a few years to make because I'll have a lot of PS3 games by then.

So much for that 8-10 year console cycle, nyuk-nyuk! In all seriousness, Sony making a new console seems a bit pointless unless they're doing a major retool, especially considering how under-utilized the PS3's potential was. Microsoft waited a surprisingly short time after Kinect (restrains botulism) to start a new project.

I am not surprised. The WiiU is coming out this year, Sony and Microsoft can't afford for Nintendo to have its next gen console out for years (as in 2-3 years) before their's. Especially when you consider that there is almost no way that the WiiU will be as far behind (tech wise) this time around, unless they have the power of high end gaming computers (which they probably won't).

Even if this is true, we'll still get a year or two more out of the PS3 and 360 before the new ones are actually released. Sony and Microsoft are probably only pushing the announcements of these new consoles forward because they're trying to avoid letting Nintendo get their hardcore gaming market back, which I think the Wii U would otherwise be able to do for them.

This isn't guaranteed r anything.

And why would Sony make such an effort to have the Vita compatible with the PS3 if it's going to be replaced? And then there's the ten year plan, and them saying that there's still plenty they can do with the console.

Oh god, what if they port Versus XIII onto the next consoles

Dear god.

I don't believe the PS4. Sony is only just releasing the Vita and the PS3 is going strong. It's too early for the PS4.

A next-gen Xbox makes sense though. The 360 is the oldest of the current-gen consoles, and they need something to compete with the Wii U. By the way, I hate how everyone just assumes it will be called the 720. Is every Xbox ever made really going to be called the same as the last one + 360? I think that would be stupid.

I don't see point in making next generation consoles since, PS3's technology is still so good that they can't improve it much without making PS4 hella lot bigger and expensive.

I think this is quiet disgusting really. I mean, yes, the xbox is in urgent need of a new console. They need blu ray technology, they need to fix their over heating problems and they need to have Kinect built in. With PS4, what else can they possibly do? Built in Move, nicer graphics?I mean the PS3 is the bomb right now, I think this is a bit rushed. It'll be over priced as hell just as the Vita was, and they'll suffer sale wise again.

If this really is the end of the PS3's era... then I'm not too satisfied xD.

I didn't really like that many PS3 games. Too many FPS and not enough JRPGs! (PSone ftw xD).

And is the HD Final Fantasy X still going to be on the PS3 then? o.o