Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Kinode

Yeterday was awesome.

So yesterday I went in this field trip.

It wasn't exactly a field trip. It's pretty much this thing where we all went to the "field" that belongs to our school(We go there sometimes for school activities but it's outside school grounds so we take the bus there)

Well anyway the whole deal about it is to get to know more people from our school, and it's pretty much the 1st section of the PJM, (Pastoral Juvenil Marista) Which is this thing our school has, where we pretty much just share, talk, help each other, and pretty much become better people in general.

When we got there, we were greeted by the monitors. (Many of those would soon chose to be my monitors during free time.) They're all older people from our school that have done PJM for at least an year. One of them had already asked to be my monitor before. His name is Victor, but we call him by his last name so I'll just call him Barda which is his nickname.(He's a boy)

I sat down waiting for Waldis(The "leader" of PJM) And got greeted by another Monitor, called Luís. He was pretty cool, although we didn't talk for long. Then Waldis said we could go outside.

At first I was alone because I couldn't find a group to be with, there. It was free time to get to know everyone. I was walking around the lake, by myself. Eventually I ran across one of the monitors, called Renan. he started talking to me and introduced me to a few of the other monitors. We talked for a while, while walking. He invited me to play some American Football with the other guys but I really sucked. I went to the border of the lake and just sat to stare at the water. Eventually people noticed I was alone, told me to go with them, it went on an on until Barda and another monitor whose name I don't recall, invited me to play a bit more football with them. I accepted and this time was able to do a bit. I got tired soon so I just went and sat somewhere.

Barda comes and talks to me. He notices I'm alone and tels me he can take me somewhere I'm not allowed to go as long as I don't tell anyone.

We went to the top of the "Devil's Den", nicknamed that by students God knows when. However we took a route around it so we were actually on top of it this time.

We started talking, and he said he knew there was something bothering me. I said there was, and said it was the people in my class.

He said whatever it was, it was between the two of us and that he wouldn't tell anyone, as a Monitor.

I was hesitant but revealed that I was gay. He didn't actually believe me at first, thus 'are you sure?'. He didn't mean it in a bad way of course. I said I was and he talked a bit.

He said that it was a hard path but that I shouldn't run from it. He said I had to be strong but that he was sure I was for all the shit I've taken from a lot of people.

He said there was gonna be an activity at night that I would enjoy, but that he wasn't supposed to tel me or even tell me that he knew in the first place. I said I wanted to keep it a surprise.

We'd passed bath time. Oops. In roughly an hour it'd be snack time.

I went back to the salloon. I found one of the main guys of PJM, kinda forgot his name. He's tall, has a shaved beard and hair, brown, energetic eyes and honestly, a very nice guy. I really can't recall his name, except that it starts with E, which makes me feel like an ass, I'll explain why soon. I'll call him Eldson >.>

Anyway he introduced me to Waldis. He also did this thing in which he held me from the back, like, hugging me, lift me up and start to close his arms n a way that made my bones all crack, which was kinda unusual ut it was very funny.

Anyway I met a lot of Monitors but I don't have the patience to write about all of them so let's just skip to the activities.

Anyway PJM has a connection to religious actions so I was kinda uneasied by most of the songs' lyrics "OYAYYYEYEYEYEYEYEYAY JE-SUS!" but I was already aware I was gonna go through that and that's not what matters. We made groups is which we had 3 monitors and 7 students from the 7th grade.

I didn't really know any of them all that well. We had to create a group name (My suggestion was chosen, PJ7) and a group peace shout. which oh my god really sucked. Anyway after that we had to answer some questions about ourselves (Choose a random number, answer the question that number asked in the sheet)

After that we had to watch some plays reflecting day-to-day activities (Played by our monitors which was funny to watch at times) But some were also really touching and had to do with our lives. We had to discuss and say which play we felt the most connected to and it was nice seeing how everyone else also had problems I'd never imagine.

After that we had a looooot of dancing with religious and non-religious happy songs I remember from kinder garden, played by Bruno(Also one of the main PJM guys) Which were all surprisingly fun once I ignored the lyrics.

Then, one in which he gave us a situation, and whatever choice we preferred, we'd go to the side of the room that represented our choice. I at first, thought that was what Barda meant.

After all the hype, it was time for some more quiet activities which were all really touching to me.

We went outside in our groups, separated by boys and girls of the previous groups.

We were old to sit down in a circle outside, in the dark and it was raining a bit. We had to close our eyes, and our monitor would say things like "Come on, just one sip, you'll like it" "Come on, no one has to know" etc. things we had to say "no" to.

After we went back inside, the room was filed with leaves in the center, with one candle lit.

We sat down.

There was a speech by Bruno about choices etc. And one by a woman about the "tree of friends" which didn't interest me at all.

After that, Waldis came and explained our last activity(as well as the longest one) For it was already past 23:00.

He'd start, picking a dr leave from the floor. He'd talk about a person he liked, owned an apology to, or someone we'd been meaning to talk to. Someone special to them, who deserved a gift.

I remembered Tiago wasn't there. Such a shame. It would have been perfect.

I thought it'd be a nice moment to come out, but I was scared so kept it in.

No one ever chose to give a leave to me until far later.

Somene chose a boy who'd been sleeping through the whole thing. Since he was so confused Waldis told him to sit down because he'd caused a lot of trouble.

"Eldson" walked up there and picked a leave from the floor.

He said he'd give it to someone special he'd met that day, someone who was a very nice kid who was a bit shy, but had a good heart, and who deserved this gift.

He said "Felipe".

I looked around to see if there were any other Felipes, then noticed he was looking at me. I was flattered.

I was just, extremely surprised to hear my name. I seriously was about to cry because no one would choose me.

i heard a few of the monitors say "Damn, I was gonna choose him!"

I went up there and gave him a hug. I whispered thank you and was holding back any tears.

It was seriously the happiest moment I've had in a while, seeing so many people though I was the most special out of all the others there.

I'd already thought of who I'd give the leaf to. I gave it to Barda, saying he was someone special I'd never spoken to much until that day, but hat I learned was a nice guy who I could aways trust.

He went and gave me a hug, but his... let's say bigger size compared to me made it a bit difficult xD.

After everything was done, Waldis said we could trade leaves with other people we wanted to have talked to.

I first gave it to the monitors I'd met that day, who made my day so great. They wouldn't leave me alone, and although annoying, I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I traded it with Eldson last, although he'd already given me a leaf, I had to show him how grateful I was for him choosing me.

his leaf was the biggest one. It's not what mattered though, Soon one last monitor who was also really col with me traded leafs with me so I was left with a smaller one which was kinda disappointing. >.>

After that, all the boys had to walk about 1/2 Kilometer till the boys' saloon where we'd sleep.

I forgot I had brought a blanket so I slept with an incredibly uncomfortable sleeping bag.>.< I only noticed i had blankets to sleep on when I woke up.

The next day we walked back, recapped all our dancing from the previous day as our parents would arrive to pick us up.

The parents were told to sit down in front of us as a woman sang a song about how God is everywhere.

Then they told us to massage our parents as the woman sang a song that was pretty much about how children and parents grow apart. I noticed my mom cry a bit, and one of my classmates, Ana, crying quite a lot. She was the one who sat next to me in the bus because she noticed how sad I was that everyone avoided me(people were trying to sit on others' laps in the bus so that they wouldn't have to sit next to me). I smiled to her.

Waldis asked if there was anyone courageous enough to go up to the microphone and share their experience in the day.

I was the first one to go there, and told every major thing that had happened, and I really enjoyed the monitors reacting as I mentioned the things they helped me with.

I said goodbye to Eldson saying I would surely join PJM.

I think I kinda know what this is like. Not so much with the whole outdoors, sing-along time. (Lord, I would seriously hate that) But getting good friends with older guys and just messing around with them. It's fun and they're usually a whole lot mature with everything which suits me better than some people my age.

Oh and by the way, good thing on making friends mate!

Edited by Keyblade King 12