Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aqua7KH

~Daybreak~ A zombie virus role-play

Daniel took this handshake as a que to enter. He slowly drove up the SUV to he new camp and exited the car. He ushered The rest to follow. "Hello! " Daniel said, smiling as he went to go walk up to Joe. "My name is Daniel... thank you for letting us stay in your camp. Do you have any fellow survivors? "

"And I'm Tyler Dale, thank you for letting us say"  Tyler said as Daniel and his group showed up to stay in for the night.  Tyler kept standing on the balcony wondering if Jinx was ever gonna show up or if she ran into some trouble.  He the walked down to the car to Issac.  "Hey..  Do you want me to go look for your sister?  You can come with me and show me where she's at and I'll pick her up"  Tyler said to him as he waited for an answer.   Tyler didn't want to leave this place already just to come back again but he felt terrible for leaving his sister out there.   "Come to my car if you want to go out and find her"  Tyler said as he started up his car.  He then got onto his HAM Raido.  "Jinx, Theia is here safe.  Where are you?  I am about to go take Issac to pick up his sister.  I can't stand the thought of another person out there alone. But if you communicate with Theia she should be able to get you here"  Tyler said hanging up his mic.

"Done. These work perfectly now." Darryl muttered, taking the guns and swords, after repairing the older guns, cannons and everything, he had not much room in his workshop. He decorated his walls with older guns and swords(Loaded and sharpened, of course), the empty spots in the room had cannons set up, most of them on pivoting stands, so he moved them to the walls and had them pointed to the sealing. He took the old shopkeepers bed, which happened to be in decent condition and placed it in one of the corners he hadn't filled with artillery. "I doubt a guy with that nice a setup is going to want his old shop, so I guess I put some of the markings-what were they called again? Whatever-around the area so I can sell and trade my weapons for stuff..." He opened the door: Nothing out there, save a headcrab within reach of his katana, so he quickly cut off the set of legs that it had closest to him, jumped out, then impaled it in it's torso, killing it. Wiping the blood off with a air-slash and placing it away in it's sheath, he moved into the old shop and started cleaning it up.

"Y-yes please, I think our hide-out is not so far from the gas station." Issac replied. He felt relief the guy wasn't going to abandon his sister, but he was worried about what would happen if Paige looks at it the wrong way. She would shoot the guy without hesitation thinking he was a bandit using Issac as a hostage. 'No, my sister is not that protective.' He thought. 

Paige stared into the now abandoned gas station as she slowly crept inside. The room was obviously just used as the sofa and coaches were still warm while empty water bottles scattered the floor. 'Looks like they fled in a hurry.' She thought. Suddenly out of the corner of her eye she spotted something very peculiar. Is that Issac's backpack? Paige hurried over to the backpack and unzipped it to find Issac's items. "Why is Issac's stuff here?" She asked herself. She turned her head to look for more clues when a couple drops of blood were found on the floor. Paige felt her skin go tense. 'No, don't tell me Issac got taken by bandits.' She went outside the gas station looking for any signs of car tracks but to no luck. She clenched her fist in anger as she screamed in fury. "THOSE BASTERDS!"

Theia stepped out of the car while still grasping onto her arm. The pain nulled itself down a bit from all the pressure she was pushing onto it. She looked back to see that Jinx still hasn't arrived yet. "What the hell is taking her so long. She should have been behind us." she said to herself before looking back at Joe. She didn't say anything but just walked inside. She found a familiar corner of the room, like every other everytime she found a new location, walked over and sat down quietly. Theia flipped open her laptop and clicked open the browser. The news was the same from before, people coming together to for exclusive communities, only for them to crumble when the normies finally got in and other related topics. Theia closed the window and started typing up another journal entry. 

- - - 

Jinx focused hard as she drove the car quickly through the street, she lost track of Tyler but heard his voice through a transmitter in the car. (He already found somewhere else for us to stay? Whatever as long as Theia is okay). She sighed and spoke clear enough for where the transmitter was in the car. "Well sorry i'm not that fast of a driver. I'm on my w-" She was suddenly cut off when a screamer suddenly hit the front of her car from out of nowhere. She jerked the car hard before driving straight again on road again. Her face went white for a second gaining her composure. "I'm coming.." she grumbled. A few minutes of driving cautiously, she saw the vehicles that the others were in come into view. She came to a slow stop behind the SUV but stayed in the car. Jinx stuffed the gun away in her pocket but couldn't help hesitating before she pushed the car door open and stepped outside. 

Edited by Junko

Tyler drove off when Issac got in the car.  As they were driving they heard someone screaming something but they ignored it.  They drove all the way back to gas station and saw the fire had stopped and didn't spread to the pumps like he expected.   Tyler then saw this girl standing in front of the gas station walls.  "IS that her?"  Tyler asked stopping the car and turning his lights off waiting for Issac to answer.  Tyler then reached and grabbed his shotgun in case it was a bandit raiding their old camp.  He then heard Jinx over the radio.  "Okay good.  I was worried you got lost.   Also there is some random guy happens to be there but I think he's cool.  Stay cautious" Tyler spoke to her as he waited.

Issac peered through the window trying to make out the details through the dark. Then he noticed the figure was carrying his backpack in her hand with tears in her eyes. "Yea, that's her." He said as he got off the car. When Paige saw Issac at first her face was filled with shock then relief as she yelled his name and jumped into his arms. 'She may be better at everything than me, but she depends on a guy like me for emotional support. I am her older brother after all I guess.' He thought. 

"Issac, where the heck were you? I-I thought you were taken by bandits and..." Her expression suddenly turned dark as she spotted Tyler in the car with the shotgun. Pulling Issac on the ground she whipped out her pistol and pointed it right at Tyler's head from the distance. Just as she was about to pull the trigger Issac pushed his sister away causing her to miss by a few inches from Tyler. "No what are you doing?! He's friendly! Not a bandit!" He leaped in front of Paige waving his arms in panic. "Friendly?" She growled. "Y-yea I got attacked by a Clinger and it went away by some noise. Then I ran into him and a group of people. Also we were attacked so we had to move to another location." He explained. 

After minutes of silence and suspicous glaring, Paige put her pistol away. "All right I understand, however if they do any suspcious activity I'm blowing their heads off." Issac felt a beat of sweat slide down his forehead. 'Cautious as always sis.' He thought. Issac walked over to Tyler feeling guilty that his sister was tried to kill him. "S-sorry about that, my sister understands now and she's all right with going with us to the hotel." 

Tyler was a little peeved that she fired at him and the threat about blowing their heads off but Tyler didn't let it bother him too much.   He  just ignored it and knew she was probably a wreck knowing the last person she had was gone.   Tyler waited for them to get in the car as he heard a sharp scream from  a few screamers running after the gun shot.   Tyler waited till the doors were shut and kicked the car in reverse.   Running over the screamers as they approached.   Tyler could hear the crunching of their skulls as the screams ceased.  Tyler then peeled out of the gas station and and raced down the roads doing about eighty, putting him back at the hotel in no time.  Tyler got out.  "You guys can have one of the rooms.  There pretty much one for each of us but I'm sure you guys would like to pair up."  Tyler said killing the engine and walking up the stairs.

Daniel couldn't help but smile at the new addition to the group. "Ahh... hello, miss." Just yesterday he was alone, and now he has all these people around him. He chuckled to himself, in his mind as everything was going as planned. "It's a pleasure to meet you. You must be Paige. Issac mentioned you." He trodded down the stairs to meet Issac and his sister. "Did anything bad happen, Tyler? "

Tyler finished unpacking his stuff and looked at Daniel.  "Nope, nothing happen.  Paige did decide to try and protect her brother but we came to an understanding"  Tyler raising an eyebrow at Paige an Issac with a playful grin.  Tyler then walked up to an empty room and set his bag down on the end of the bed.  He shut the door and hung his belt and swords on the door knob.  He then took his shot gun and laid the gun with barrel towards the door that way Tyler could quickly grab and fire.   Tyler changed his clothes into a slightly less bloody pair of jeans and kind of tight black t shirt that was pretty clean.  He stole it from the gas station and it had this Harley Davidson Logo on it.  Tyler then went outside and and dropped his bag off back in his car and he took the keys to his car and walked back upstairs.  He then looked out on the balcony and took a look towards the sky as he turned around.  Tyler then pulled a small flask out of his back pocket and took a swig.  It burned and he let out  a small couple of coughs.  It helped him take the edge off.  He didn't like it, but he just lost the last place tied to his past.  He wasn't happy.

Jinx took a hard wack towards Theia's head playfully and dropped down to sit next to her. Theia grumbled before she took her hands off of the keyboard. "Glad to see that you're back in one piece." "Yeah. It's been a while since I've been behind the wheel though. Felt like old times, well it did until I hit some damn screamer." ​"How pleasant." Theia looked over to Issac's sister as she walked in after Tyler. Jinx followed to where her eyes were and frowned. She rummaged through her bag until she found a cotton ball, bandage tape and rubbing alcohol. "Something bad is going to happen to us soon and we're going to have to  make a  decision whether to leave them or not." She said quietly as she started to take the old bandage off of Theia's arm and soaked the cotton ball with the alcohol. Theia was about to say something but Jinx stopped her. "What the hell happened to you? You were quick to willingly go with these people. The group is just getting bigger and I don't think we can easily migrate with everyone with the risk of bandits and normies around." Theia cringed a bit as Jinx pushed the drenched cotton ball to her wound and she started wrapping it with a new bandage. "I'm only still with you because we made a promise to have each other's backs. If anything, just be ready to leave them when the time comes." Jinx finished wrapping up Theia's arm stretched her fingers. Theia let out a sigh of frustration. "You make it sound like I'm keeping my guard down....but fine." 

Edited by Junko

Tyler took another small sip where he could feel the burn travel down his throat.  Tyler then walked back into his room and his back hit the bed.   Tyler remembered when Daybreak first hit and he went out looking for his family.  His own sister and mother were both feasted on by his own dad.  Tyler had run in there to take them to the gas station but he couldn't get out for it to happen.  Tyler knew it wasn't his dad.   But he still couldn't get the thought out of his mind when he had to bash his head in.  Tyler didn't sleep much due to that image so he used alcohol to soothe the pain and let him get rest.  Even though anytime he shut his eyes he just saw his family lying there dead with their guts torn out.

Daniel lingered for a moment, spending five minutes in looking towards where Tyler just left. He could tell Tyler was feeling rather bad, so Daniel decided maybe he should go try to cheer Tyler up. He took out a bandana he had and polished Jinx's antique gun for a moment, the went to go comfort his friend. "Tyler? " he asked once he trotted over and knocked on Tyler's door. "May I come in? "

Joe watched the group of survivors settle in without saying much. He slung his rifle on his should by a jerry-rigged strap from a computer bag. He went to his own room and took stock of the medical supplies he had managed to stockpile, seeing what he could give to this group.

Tyler was tired and wanted to sleep but knew he couldn't for now.  He then heard Daniel at his door asking if he could come in so Tyler thought about it.  He considered saying no but knew he really had no reason to say no.  So Tyler finally let out "Sure."  Tyler waited for him to enter.  He began playing with his shotgun, it wasn't anything special.  It was a sawed off double barrel shotgun that his boss used to hunt with.  Tyler sawed it off for more damage to Normies but it was pretty dangerous enough.  His boss would always talk about how he loved the gun but hated using it because it'd ruin the meet of the deer.

Daniel entered the room with a soft smile. He somewhat felt bad for bothering him, however he figured maybe helping Tyler out would gain some more trust and friendship. He didn't have much friends himself, even before Daybreak despite his almost too good to be true kindness. "Today was interesting huh? " he asked as he sat down in a broken up chair that surprisingly didn't break any further. "You wanna talk about earlier? I can tell you're pretty sad." He gave off this disarming trusting arua.

"There's not much to really talk about.  I knew it wouldn't last but I wanted it to last because that was the last place I was connected with.  That was my first time to run from my camp but I guess I'm glad we were prepared.  In all the trunks we have gas, food, water, meds, batteries, jumper cables, and tents. but going back to see the gas station burned.  It just now I've lost everything to Daybreak.  Y'know?  I know everyone else has lost every bit of their normal life already.  But bare with me.  I've been lasting months in that place alone fortifying it myself.  With no one else around."  Tyler informed  Daniel Tyler kept fiddling with his shotgun 

Daniel nodded in the slightest. "I know how ya feel... I lost my life to Daybreak too. My last camp was sort of a home to me until that bandit came. But that's just life now. Everything important is or will be gone... and then the choice is wither or not you wish to live." Daniel gave a soft sigh and leaned back in the chair. "Atleast everyone is in the same boat. It's better to have someone to know how you feel than to be the only one feeling it. Then again it's bad for that person, but atleast there could be some sympathy. "

"Oh I'd prefer to have a group then be alone again.  But really... it could end up that way.  But this being my first group I'd rather it be my only.  I don't want to see you guys die.  But on that same subject.  If I ever get bit, put me down.  Don't wait for me to turn.  Just put me down."  Tyler said reaching for his flask just holding it.  Looking at it.  He then took a sip.  "Alright tomorrow morning we should go to the Best Buy as planned.   We could still use all of that stuff.  and who knows, clear it out, it'll be a new camp.  Use all those aisles as a barricade and then put knives in it about head high and Normies that get to close will kill themselves.  I could probably talk to Theia into helping me set up electricity in the place.   She seems like she could help whip up a good strategy or help me work mine out at least..  We could easily conceal the sound of a generator there, we could have electricity and set up a few traps."  Tyler said.  "But we all should get some sleep that way we can go tomorrow."  Tyler said taking one last swig from his flask.

Daniel nodded, and reached down to pop another pill into his mouth before turning his head to the side to cough into his arm. The illness wasn't getting worse, but it wasn't getting better. "Hm... I have a headache. I'm afraid I'll have to end out pleasant conversation. You get some good rest, okay Tyler? I will see you in the morning. " with that, he excused himself and got up. He then silently closed the door on the way out. 'Interesting...'

Tyler nodded as he left and he then leaned back and laid in his his bed.  He looked up at the ceiling then shut his eyes and attempted to sleep.  He lucked out and ended up getting an hour of sleep.  As he was asleep all he could see was his dads face with his body eaten and torn up.  He had just feasted on his sister.   Tyler then woke up as he fell on the floor.  He had grabbed his shotgun and as he loudly hit the floor he had his shotgun pointed out like he was going to shoot his dad who actually wasn't there.  Tyler almost fired but he realized he was awake and covered with sweat.   Tyler sat up and leaned against the wall and took a breather.  Tyler then got up and thought he'd be usefully and began to work on the cars filling them all up with gas.   He waited for everyone to get up so he could tell Theia and Jinx the plan.

Daniel knocked on Tyler's door a moment later. His room was right next to Tyler's and the loud bang woke him up from a very rare but light decent sleep. He sipped on his black shoes and sliped on outside to ask Tyler if he was alright. So much for sleeping. "Tyler? " Daniel asked as he knocked on the door once more. "I heard a loud bang. Are you okay? "

"Ah ha ha, yea understanding." Issac nervously laughed as Tyler headed to his room. Paige turned to Issac with a grin on her face. "Aw you mentioned me? How sweet," She playfully punched him in the bad left arm causing him to cringe as the pain kicked in like a wave. "Sis, that was the arm I got injured with from the Clinger." He gasped. His sister's face fell as she felt stupid for not noticing the bandage wrapped around his arm. 

"I-I'm so sorry Issac, god why didn't I see that," Paige looked panicked like she just shot him in the face or something. Knowing that Paige will be having a meltdown Issac quickly said, "No no! It's fine, just me being a wuss about the pain." He took his sister's arm and led her to an empty room. The empty room was a little messed up with lots of trash lying around and smelly blankets, however it was better than nothing. 

"Did you bring the blanket?" Issac asked. Without answering, Paige took out a clean blue blanket that size that can cover 2 people. While Issac had a neat matt the same size of the blanket. Covering the dirty mattress with the matt, the two siblings crawled into the bed as Paige brought the blanket over their bodies. "Issac," She whispered in the dark. "Hm?" He mumbled already drifting off. "Don't ever leave me again." His sister muttered inside the blanket. "Yeaaa.." Issac completely passed out from energy he used today as his sister too, closed her eyes thanking God for their safety. 

Both Theia and Jinx slept on the couch for a little while before Theia opened one eye and woke up. She looked over to the other side of the couch to see Jinx still knocked out. Her hand was on the handle of her pistol if she needed to whip it out. She's even precautions in her sleep. Seeing that Jinx wasn't going to wake up anytime soon, Theia moved off the couch silently and looked towards the boarded up windows. There was a faint sound of normies but they sounded too far away to do them any harm for the time being. Theia went to go sit down in a car at the empty table and dragged her fingers through her hair. She stared into space in thought as the silence ran through the room

Tyler was already out working on his car working when Daniel went to his door knocking.  "Psst"  Tyler tried to get his attention.   "I'm down here"  He said finishing up his tasks on the cars, making sure they would run fine and well full of gas and able to make it to the store tomorrow.  He then heard Daniel asking about the bang.  "Yeah I'm sorry.  Had a dream and rolled out of bed.  No big thing."  Tyler said as he put the caps on the gas tanks.   He wiped his hands off on his jeans and walked away from the car.  Tyler then sat on the hood of the car and looked at Daniel.  "You go back to sleep man, you need your rest.  I'll be out here fine by myself."  Tyler said leaning back against the window looking up at the stars.