Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Why didn't they release FFIII on PSOne?

Why didn't Square Enix release FINAL FANTASY III on PlayStation One? Since they didn't there wasn't an English version until the Nintendo DS remake. And it's also a bit odd when you consider I-IX with the exception of III are all available on PSOne.

Final fantasy was never on the PlayStation. I don't know why you don't understand this. it first was shown out of japan as a DS game. they remade it for the psp and the psp ONLY. therefore its not on PSOne 

I have no idea why, but I am kind of curious myself now that you mention it.

because it was never on the ps1. ever.

do your homework

Final fantasy was never on the PlayStation. I don't know why you don't understand this. it first was shown out of japan as a DS game. they remade it for the psp and the psp ONLY. therefore its not on PSOne 

Yes. It was never released on the PS1, that's what Sora96 is asking. Why was it not released on PS1? Final Fantasy from the 1st game to 9th game was at one point in time released on the PS1, so why was not Final Fantasy III released on it as well?

You're just restating what everybody already knows.

Read Ozpin, read!

Posted Image

Edited by JTD95

it was never out of japan until 2006, therefore it couldn't be on the PS1

The PS1 existed in Japan as well. It came from there. You are completely missing the point. The question is: Why was the game not ever released on PS1?

It was probably too hard for non-Japan people at the time. Just like Japan's Super Mario Bros. II

That wouldn't be the answer since it wasn't released in Japan on PSOne either.

I have no idea why, but I am kind of curious myself now that you mention it.

Yes. It was never released on the PS1, that's what Sora96 is asking. Why was it not released on PS1? Final Fantasy from the 1st game to 9th game was at one point in time released on the PS1, so why was not Final Fantasy III released on it as well?

You're just restating what everybody already knows.

Read Ozpin, read!

Posted Image

^THIS

I have jailbroken PS3 (1TB HDD) and FF3 is the one that I'm missing too. Got FF1 through FF XIII - Lightning Returns but FF3 does NOT exist for PS1/PSX (Possible remake coming but don't quote me on that ;) )

I'll be installing Retroarch/emulator and using Snes version. Got ALL "Tales of" games but can't get FF3 for PS1/X.. Never ported over for some reason.

Stop behaving like 5 year olds and play nice!!! I'll smack your bottom if you play up anymore. (Hang on - Scrub that - some of you may like being spanked!!  lol)

Edited by Zengobag

Final fantasy 7 was the first ff released on the ps1,the previous games were all re-released on the ps1 with the exception of ff3.So the question he was obviously asking is if ff 1,2,4,5,and 6 were put on the ps1 years after their original release why wasn't ff3 included.